Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 11:14:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Psychology of waiting  (Read 2722 times)
Lazada

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:01:29 AM

I have now heard a lot of people talking about they are waiting for bitcoin to drop, so that they can buy bitcoin. But these guys might have said that since 6k$ and are still waiting. What do you tell those people, to try and make them understand that waiting for a drop can cost them huge percentage gains?
Waiting can indeed make us get a chance to gain much greater profits, but for me the wait is not a good thing. We are given the opportunity to make a profit, although little in my opinion it should be grateful. Because sometimes we will not get other opportunities. Let's do it in accordance with the conditions that exist and do not wait too long because it could end up not in accordance with our expectations.
vinc3

Activity: 309
Merit: 251

Make Love Not War

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:04:30 AM

This is what happened to me, I tried to wait last year but then the dip didn't happen fast forward to this date I ain't waiting no more because each day is a chance to buy and gather some coins. We are experiencing the growth of bitcoin together with other altcoins, it is very nice to see that all our hardships are getting rewarded. Try not to over think the prices just buy the coin that you want and play it wise, for it won't stay up forever. Learn to trade and surely you will be happy if you became a pro.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
nl247

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 09:15:17 AM

Sometimes, listening to everything being said has cost some set of people a whole lot of profit today. Even when the value of bitcoin was around $1000 earlier this year and then we had a shoot up to a little above $2000, a lot of people were waiting for $600 and I am sure they must be blaming themselves now.

Quite a number of people have been doing this waiting game now for more than years instead of buying in when they had the cash. As long as you understand that this is the future, then you will take it as such, if not, you will just keep panicking when price dips or waiting for a time that may never come.
wayaneka

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 02:47:13 AM

Waiting for bitcoin prices to go down just like looking for luck only, and in fact bitcoin prices continue to rise. If buying bitcoin for trading capital or long-term investment is better to buy at any price, because waiting for the price down only gives disappointment because the price continues increasing.

GalaxyWorld

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:09:34 AM

Waiting for bitcoin prices to go down just like looking for luck only, and in fact bitcoin prices continue to rise. If buying bitcoin for trading capital or long-term investment is better to buy at any price, because waiting for the price down only gives disappointment because the price continues increasing.
Bitcoin will be hard to discount this time as it is getting too much attention. The investment community is moving capital into crypto and bitcoin too much. In the first quarter of 2018 when the market stabilized, the new bitcoin fell, I think.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
syaripudin

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:28:38 AM

I think waiting is one of the things that make sense because of course everyone who wants to do trading activities or want to invest bitcoin of course with a purpose that wants to get a profit. so I think waiting is one pretty good strategy because as I know that the bitcoin price fluctuations are very unstable. there are several factors that of course cause it can happen that one is when bitcoin prices are skyrocketing and have a high enough price of course at that time will be many investors who do bitcoin investments that make large profits that will cause bitcoin prices will back down. and at that time is the right time for us to buy bitcoin with a large scale because it will of course be back pumping bitcoin prices to be very high.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org|  
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Ipwich

Activity: 1050
Merit: 529

Student Coin

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:56:52 AM

Bitcoin will be hard to discount this time as it is getting too much attention. The investment community is moving capital into crypto and bitcoin too much. In the first quarter of 2018 when the market stabilized, the new bitcoin fell, I think.
Bitcoin cannot be stop, it will continue to rise because of the demand so we also need to hold longer and expect for better value before selling our money.
The only thing that could make it dump is when the government will be united in banning bitcoin but that is close to impossible because some big countries are supporting it already.

STUDENTCOIN

Powered by,
goaldigger

Activity: 2394
Merit: 357

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:00:33 AM

but what if it doesnt goes down and continue to goes high or what if it continues to go down?. yes its true that you can earn big when you buy at the price gets low and sells at the highest.  This is somehow just like a scapegoating where people usually dont like to invest on something and pretend that they are interested well infact they are afraid on the risk it takes to earn on this investment.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:20:01 PM

I have now heard a lot of people talking about they are waiting for bitcoin to drop, so that they can buy bitcoin. But these guys might have said that since 6k$ and are still waiting. What do you tell those people, to try and make them understand that waiting for a drop can cost them huge percentage gains?

Well first you have to be aware that there already would be a support line once btc reaches a specific amount. Today's dip bounced at around 15k i think. The higher btc gets the higher this support line should go and 4k down would probably be the lowest at any rate. And you wouldn't know when that drop would come

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..███████████████████████████████
okissabam

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:30:39 PM

I am guilty of always saying, I'll wait till Bitcoin drops and buy a couple of Bitcoins when it drops down to that amount and when it does reach that amount I would say it is still too much, nevertheless ending with not buying at all. And I've learned my lesson well, I changed my ways of instead of waiting for a certain amount to drop down I'll buy coins when I feel like it is the lowest so far and not really think about if it still goes down further more or up especially with Bitcoin. I think Bitcoin already proved itself that it'll eventually bounce back up when it drops down.
YuurinBee

Activity: 233
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 01:33:04 PM

ugh so many people speculate with bitcoin and cryptocurrency. so many people are lucky and correct and SO many people are wrong. You can try to "buy the dips" and I highly suggest it, but it is completely unpredictable many times. People wait for a dip, then miss their opportunity because it goes up 30% tomorrow or 800% for that matter.

suggestions for long term investments, just HODL

MetaBrands Discord: https://discord.gg/metabrands
MetaBrands Telegram: https://t.me/metabrands
pratapadityasi

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:21:12 PM

That's why patience is seriously needed in trading, you don't have patience you will make the wrong decision in the wrong time.
jerry0

Activity: 1750
Merit: 186

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:28:07 PM

The thing is if you wait and price drops, then you could buy more of that certain coin though.  So would you say a coin that is only a few dollars... you probably should just buy now if you think this coin should hit at least 10 dollars?  Thus the difference between 3 and 6 shouldn't be a big difference?
gordonsam32

Activity: 107

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:30:11 PM

Waiting is the most challenging part of trading since you'll never know whether or not your target price will be hit within the time-frame you expected. This is why I'd prefer investing long term instead and work full-time for now.
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1164

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:24:32 PM

I tell these people that they continue to wait for correction before buying ... In fact, now there are a lot of people who are waiting for a bitcoin at a price of 2500-5000 and sooner or later most folks will buy high (FOMO) and then lost money...
The truth is that anyone can make predictions now, but no one really knows what could happen. Definitely there could be some retracement to the down trend as the market is overbought right now, but sometimes, it is better at least to take part of the funds to buy small, and then wait for those dip to buy more. In the long term, you will still not lose at the end if you are patient enough to wait.

Anyhow, I just wonder why $6k ? Some have been saying it right from $3k and I am sure if they did not buy they must have themselves to blame now. I am not still surprised as some of them may still be the part of the people waiting for the huge drop now so that they can buy more.

The truth is no one can know, and even if the drop comes, I always see it as an opportunity to hit more into my wallet, but no point waiting when you know you may regret it later on, at least just buy small instead.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
futile-resistance

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 05:12:33 AM

You have to be realistic, waiting for a 15k drop is okay, 10k at best why not, but it won't go under this, you have to accept bitcoin now reached the mass market and you missed the opportunity to get it cheap
This makes sense. If someone is waiting for the dip that comes with the buying rate of bitcoins below this $10k amount, he is just fooling himself, nothing else. So be realistic and things are just in front of you. You need to understand all these facts and figures and then realize what can be achievable and what isn’t. Go for the buying rate as low as possible but on real basis.
justdimin

Activity: 3038
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:21:05 PM

Waiting can cause a bit of aspect to ensure that your on the right track for investing, on the contrary it might be also affect your gain if the altcoin your investing with never to surge but downfall. Cry
As long as you do not know that it is the right time to buy, then it is best to just buy. Like you said, a lot of people have missed huge gains just because they waited for a period that has refused to come.

This is an uncontrolled market, and anything can happen, and it is better to take decision for the long term except if you are trader who can manage the short term. Later on, if the market refuse to go down and keeps going up, these same people even at $100000 will be waiting for this particular price.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 12:26:31 PM

The current price of bitcoin now is very high. It will take a long time for bitcoin to dump a huge amount. I think it is better advise others to do trading specially day trading. At least while waiting for bitcoin's price to decrease, you are earning at the same time.
I will disagree to some extent with this advice, because if someone is waiting for bitcoin to come down, then I think, he is just wasting the time and doing nothing else because if I recall, I can remember people saying that bitcoin will fall to 14k USD a week ago when it was of 16k USD, but instead of droping, one fine morning it raised to 20k usd and I think before Christmas it will cross 25k usd, so trading is good suggestion but waiting for bitcoin to drop is not advised at any time.
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:27:47 AM

It is human nature that they cannot take control over their emotions for quite a long period of time and as a result, they decide to sell their coins inspire knowing this thing that keeping them in their wallets can help them in having more money.

The only thing which is helping the holders of bitcoin to hold their bitcoin for more time is their patience level and they do know that this is the only thing which can be more beneficial for them.

kurt1212

Activity: 91

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:32:20 AM

For me waiting is some challenge your patient and perseverance.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: