Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:01:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 538 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] profit switching auto-exchanging pool - www.middlecoin.com  (Read 829872 times)
Cryptos2go

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 10:33:24 AM

I feel that the pool is finally stable and working as it should. I'm going to be increasing the fee to 3%, effective right after the next payout, at 7:30 PM PST tomorrow (~21 hours from now). The fee is applied during mining, not paying out, so anything mined until then has a 2% fee.

The reason for the increased fee is:
- To cover server costs. I've had to upgrade my server, and put an additional support server online. Also in the plan is an EU server, and possibly others.
- To cover unexpected transaction fees in some of the coins. Most don't cost anything to send money, but a few do.
- Because I feel that the pool is worth it.

TODO, in order of priority:

- Increase database performance. This will prevent the random disconnects that last around 10 seconds. The last such disconnect was maybe 8 hours ago. This may also reduce the rejected rate
- Add some reporting.
  - Pool Profit graph, with litecoin comparison
  - Pool hashrate graph, with reject graph.
  - Per-user page with profit graph
  - JSON API
  - Alerts that email (or text for a fee?) miners when their miner stops submitting blocks. Along with this, I may add workers, so you can log in with <youraddress>.1 with one rig, and <youraddress>.2 with your other rig.
  - Alerts that text me when there is a problem.
- Do a more advanced stale/reject calculation, not based on what the miners are reporting, but try to infer their actual hashrate.
- Do a lower difficulty test, to see if it increases hashrate.
- Add an EU server. This will take some time, since I probably want it to interface with the same database as my US server. Once this server is up, I'll look at a global map of our hashrates and pings, and possibly put more servers up, because it will be easy after the EU one.
- Make the coin transitions seamless, and only occur when a block is found. This will reduce the rejected rate, and increase the hash rate slightly.

If you feel any of those items are high priority, let me know.

Sounds good. Your pool is probably less than 5% efficiency from more than doubling in size, (likely even without efficiency increase)  also assuming the increase in fees.

At what point will exchange volume factor into this potential growth? This question was posed by another earlier in this thread I believe. I could speculate that the LTC market will diversify holdings and hash in the coming days/weeks and it could serve to help balance the market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
h2odysee (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 119

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 10:43:00 AM

Sounds good. Your pool is probably less than 5% efficiency from more than doubling in size, (likely even without efficiency increase)  also assuming the increase in fees.

At what point will exchange volume factor into this potential growth? This question was posed by another earlier in this thread I believe. I could speculate that the LTC market will diversify holdings and hash in the coming days/weeks and it could serve to help balance the market.

The exchange volume has already played a major factor in profits. The more hashrate we have, the more we drive difficulty up, and exchange prices down. That is happening on a continuous basis, with lots of coins.

But there are a lot of coins that have high exchange volumes. So we'll be fine unless our pool hashrate gets absolutely massive.

http://middlecoin.com - profit-switching, auto-exchanging scrypt pool that pays out in BTC
captainfuture

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 10:45:56 AM

so perhaps u have to kick a few coins in future which dont have the volume for this pool.
h2odysee (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 119

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 10:48:30 AM

so perhaps u have to kick a few coins in future which dont have the volume for this pool.

Volume is taken into account in the profit calculation.

So there's no reason to kick coins out. Just "suspend" them, so I don't have them taking up CPU power.

http://middlecoin.com - profit-switching, auto-exchanging scrypt pool that pays out in BTC
juve4v

Activity: 505
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 11:50:40 AM

we would like to have an eu pool.. Cool Cool Cool

+1

I would like an eu.pool too.
CoinBuzz

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 02:28:56 PM

we would like to have an eu pool.. Cool Cool Cool

+1

I would like an eu.pool too.

I vote for VARDIFF difficulty more than eu server Wink

Also I vote for 2-3 payments a day (each 8Hours or each 12Hours)

Join ASAP: FREE BITCOIN
Kuroth

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 02:37:26 PM

Thanks H2O for your very detailed update letting us know what is in the works and where we are currently at..   It all looks good to me..

Things seems to be working pretty well now...  Happy with my payaout's yesterday and the way todays is looking..

p.s   I am happy with just 1 payout per day...

fenican

Activity: 1393
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 02:43:11 PM

Profits seem better now getting a nice premium v/ LTC
Kuroth

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 03:02:26 PM

Profits seem better now getting a nice premium v/ LTC

Same here..   Hoping its a good sign we are over the hump..   Smiley

kirk46

Activity: 91

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 04:05:44 PM

im happy with 1 payout per day as there's no info of our earnings

so the 1 payout per day will give me an indication of my 24hour earnings.

also vardiff or lower difficulty, i bet that will increase profits
Kuroth

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 04:07:40 PM

+1 on all the above..

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 04:14:56 PM

I'm good with this as well, though the payouts thing isn't a big deal (I keep a running Excel log based on dates/times so I can easily keep up with earnings like that and calculate differences from day to day and such).

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
fredeq
Legendary

Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 05:52:32 PM

+1 on all the above..

+1 from me aswell

Getting better speeds since today.

https://whattomine.com - Check what to mine Smiley
kirk46

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 06:00:26 PM

+1 on all the above..

+1 from me aswell

Getting better speeds since today.

in not Sad

showing 2300-2600khs but im mining at 3000khs
CoinBuzz

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 06:42:31 PM

I'm good with this as well, though the payouts thing isn't a big deal (I keep a running Excel log based on dates/times so I can easily keep up with earnings like that and calculate differences from day to day and such).

you can get those 24hours statistics from your user page

Join ASAP: FREE BITCOIN
kirk46

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 06:57:38 PM

what user page?
Kuroth

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2013, 07:54:33 PM

what user page?

Click on your payout amount on the far right and it takes you to a detailed payout page..

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 02:46:06 AM

what user page?

Click on your payout amount on the far right and it takes you to a detailed payout page..

This isn't accurate at all, and here's why:

There are four sets of numbers: Unconfirmed | Untraded | Traded | Paid

Because of how the system works (confirming transactions, then sending the coins to an exchange to be traded in) different coins will take different amounts of time. If you are only looking at what you've been paid over 24 hours, you are missing the big picture. For example, you could have 80 mBTC waiting to be exchanged for a day, or you could have 300 mBTC waiting to be exchanged.

What you have to pay attention to is the entire amount, by adding up all four columns together. This gives you an accurate representation of what you have earned over a certain period.

So what I do is log the date/time/four columns. I then add up all the columns. To determine how much was earned over what period, I subtract the time of the update from the previous update, then find the differences between the two total columns. From here, I divide the differences by the hours in between the two checks, and then multiply by 24. This gives the most accurate view of what has been earned over 24 hours because it's looking at everything that is unconfirmed, waiting to be converted, converted *and* paid.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
sunsofdust

Activity: 151

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 03:41:16 AM

what user page?

Because of how the system works (confirming transactions, then sending the coins to an exchange to be traded in) different coins will take different amounts of time. If you are only looking at what you've been paid over 24 hours, you are missing the big picture. For example, you could have 80 mBTC waiting to be exchanged for a day, or you could have 300 mBTC waiting to be exchanged.

What you have to pay attention to is the entire amount, by adding up all four columns together. This gives you an accurate representation of what you have earned over a certain period.

So what I do is log the date/time/four columns. I then add up all the columns. To determine how much was earned over what period, I subtract the time of the update from the previous update, then find the differences between the two total columns. From here, I divide the differences by the hours in between the two checks, and then multiply by 24. This gives the most accurate view of what has been earned over 24 hours because it's looking at everything that is unconfirmed, waiting to be converted, converted *and* paid.

By calculating this way, are you seeing the return you would expect?  I am still seeing better profits than mining LTC, well at least during the last 4 days or so.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 03:42:35 AM

what user page?

By calculating this way, are you seeing the return you would expect?  I am still seeing better profits than mining LTC, well at least during the last 4 days or so.

I'm really not sure yet... I just started logging the night before last but my hashrate has been a bit iffy (anywhere from 2.3-6 MH/s) and wasn't truly steady until this morning so it'll take a couple days to get accurate results.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 538 »
  Print  

Jump to: