Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:14:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple (XRP) to be added to Coinbase?  (Read 864 times)
CryptoExp (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 11:07:27 PM

There are rumours that XRP will be added to Coinbase, who claimed they would look to add some altcoins to their list for next year.

What evidence is there that it will be Ripple, apart from the fact that it has the 4th highest market cap?
beskid

Activity: 252
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 11:12:26 PM

Coinbase makes money on transactions. They can be expensive or cheap, but they do not change depending on the coin. Since the company disclosed how it calculates the commission, it became clear that the commission for Bitcoin, Litecoin and Ethereum transactions is calculated in one way, so future coins will be based on the same structure.This means that if Ripple is cheaper, faster and more centralized, Coinbase will receive more profit per transaction than Bitcoin, Litecoin and Ethereum transactions. As we know, in business, margin matters. It seems that adding Ripple will increase the Coinbase margin.
ihaveaquestion

Activity: 563
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 11:15:31 PM

There are rumours that XRP will be added to Coinbase, who claimed they would look to add some altcoins to their list for next year.

Rippled had to be added to there a few years ago, do not remember that ripple has been alive for more than two years from now.

i can not understand how they had not added ripple yet, it will increased a lot of it gets listed .

Ripple to $1 soon because of coinbase?

uscarrafone

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 11:18:57 PM

As far as i know coinbase makes money on buy in and cash out, transactions fee are up to the chain so are ininfluente(I may be wrong), If they declare they are considering adding "some" coin Ripple sounds very probable to me.
kahc

Activity: 350
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 11:45:40 PM

What evidence is there that it will be Ripple, apart from the fact that it has the 4th highest market cap?

Here are the requirements for the new cryptcurrency https://www.gdax.com/static/digital-asset-framework-2017-11.pdf
And Ripple just failed on requirement 1.1 - decentralization.

So I would exclude Ripple from the list.
J0HN3F1V3

Activity: 244
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 11:46:30 PM

I think adding Ripple to Coinbase would be a smart move on their part as they would make a lot from fees.
we would also see a nice bump in price if they do.

hahahafr

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 11:52:27 PM

This is good, thank you for sharing this, a lot of people were not aware of the requeriments that coinbase has.

But you should know that Gdax is an exchange, coinbase is a wallet (they both are connected, but they are not working on the same protocol)

Here are the requirements for the new cryptcurrency https://www.gdax.com/static/digital-asset-framework-2017-11.pdf And Ripple just failed on requirement 1.1 - decentralization.

Ripple is descentralized, maybe a fifty-fifty because it has been manipulated by banks, but it is still a coin that everybody loves.

Why wouldn't they add it to coinbase? A lot of people would hype this coin and it can increase much more than the recent price.

◢◣                      ◢◣
                                     ◢████◣           ◢████◣
                               ◢████████◣◢████████◣
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████◤██████
                               ███████████◤████████
                               █████████◤██████████
                               ███████◤████████████
                               █████◤██████████████
                               █████◣                       ◢█████
                               ███████◣            ◢███████
                               █████████◣◢█████████
                               ◥████████◤◥████████◤
                                    ◥████◤            ◥████◤
                                          ◥◤                      

HYDAX
       Secure  
   Efficient
   Simple  
   Medium 
    Twitter  
    Telegram 
[/center
joshuab90

Activity: 25

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 12:06:51 AM

I'm thinking so. Being the #4 market cap, working with the banking industry, and solving real world problems, makes this a prime candidate. I'll post a few pros from my blog.

Market Cap is roughly 29B at the time of writing (15 Dec, 2017). This places them at the #4 spot currently in all of the cryptocurrency market.
Ripple’s white paper is very meticulous. They tell you everything you need to know about the project from both a basic and advanced perspective. They give you a thorough vision of where they want to go with the project and why you should invest your resources in working with them.
It makes processing international payments a lot cheaper and easier.
It can deal with 1000 transactions per second with zero latency. Example: If no direct exchange is available when transacting between 2 different currencies at a specific time, then you could just use the XRP (Ripple Coin) to pay.
Ripple has partnerships with big names in the financial Industry. These include ATB Financial, the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC), National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD), Reisebank, Santander, UniCredit and UBS. Most recently, Japan Bank Consortium and two of South Korea’s largest banks.

Feel free to checkout my full Ripple analysis: https://cryptocolumn.com/ripple-xrp-review/
Webark

Activity: 203

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:51:27 AM
Last edit: December 17, 2017, 01:12:42 AM by Webark

Thanks for sharing, interesting information and will be good to see how it works..

Any idea how much we can expect one coin to cost and how long would you advise holding for please?
 Im considering buying more however with limted funds not sure if funds will be better somewhere else..
some have projected ripple to cap out at around 1-3$ much later with very valid reasons for it mainly due its ability to be manipulated..
coolstory

Activity: 211

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:53:06 AM

I think adding Ripple to Coinbase would be a smart move on their part as they would make a lot from fees.
we would also see a nice bump in price if they do.

From conbase's side, this would be an amazing income chance for them but they need more infrastructure and client support. For users, this is again great to have a chance to buy bitcoin from such reputable platform.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 12:55:02 AM

well they already said they will not add any ICO coin so that cuts down their options in the top 20

kahc

Activity: 350
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 01:26:18 AM

This is good, thank you for sharing this, a lot of people were not aware of the requeriments that coinbase has.

But you should know that Gdax is an exchange, coinbase is a wallet (they both are connected, but they are not working on the same protocol)

Here are the requirements for the new cryptcurrency https://www.gdax.com/static/digital-asset-framework-2017-11.pdf And Ripple just failed on requirement 1.1 - decentralization.

Ripple is descentralized, maybe a fifty-fifty because it has been manipulated by banks, but it is still a coin that everybody loves.

Why wouldn't they add it to coinbase? A lot of people would hype this coin and it can increase much more than the recent price.

Yeah, I know. But I assume whatever listed on Coinbase will also going to be listed on GDAX and vice versa.
Is just my opinion, I just think that the decentralization problem is a huge deal....well we never know. As of know, I see Bitcoin Cash, Monero(may fail due to compliance obligations), Dash and NEM as the more likely candidates.
Anyway, I am satisfied as long as it isn't Bitcoin Gold.
chermah

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 08:19:09 PM

I'm sorry but Ripple is NOT decentralized,
*All validator nodes are centralized, the consensus is Ripple not you not me not everyone so i don't agree.
*60% of the coins supply is held by Ripple inc
*20% of the coin supply is held by the founders what should i say more ? it's not even a cryptocurrency. it's a centralized replicated database nothing more
saycryptohello

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 08:48:47 PM

Ripple is a distributed network, that is, transactions occur immediately throughout the network, and since this is also a peer-to-peer network, it is not subject to systemic risks. Ripple does not boil down, unlike Bitcoin and its counterparts, but each transaction destroys a small amount of XRP, which keeps the system from growing.
bob3772

Activity: 415

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 08:52:39 PM

I don't think there's anything official but it's widely expected to be ripple, dash and bitcoin cash, at least that is what I have heard. All coins added will surely enjoy a nice boost from these filthy casual investors  Grin

Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 08:52:57 PM

It is possible that such a decision to include ripple in the list of coins traded on the exchange is accepted taking into account the fact that starting from the new year, an association of 61 large banks will implement their project to use this coin to service banking operations to ensure the speed of money transfers within this union of banks. In view of this, the course of this coin should increase.

chermah

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 09:11:50 PM

It is possible that such a decision to include ripple in the list of coins traded on the exchange is accepted taking into account the fact that starting from the new year, an association of 61 large banks will implement their project to use this coin to service banking operations to ensure the speed of money transfers within this union of banks. In view of this, the course of this coin should increase.

Bank are using ripple net not XRP, if you have worked and known the banking system you would know that they can't use a volatile coin for settlement, at best a XRP bis token will be created to do that between banks, this token will be available only on the private ledger hence not tradable whatsoever.

Ripple is basically a crowdfunding platform for banks,

coingrow

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 09:51:57 PM

As you pointed out correctly that these are mere rumors that ripple will be added to coinbase. There is no certainty to this statement. Could go both ways. But if you are not into ripple already I would not buy this rumor.

jereh988

Activity: 76

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:00:08 PM

To my knowledge for this problem many predictions will increase at the beginning of the year.
Tactical Genius

Activity: 434

Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 10:04:19 PM

well,coinbase has to first of all work on their platform that has been suffering from DDOS attacks in times of heavy usage.If that is not done before the altcoin is added I'm afraid the current problems they face will just worsen with time.Adding Ripple wont be a bad idea as it is a fast growing currency with a wide adoption.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: