Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:06:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC is a peace of shit  (Read 575 times)
vaidotas (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:58:16 PM

"BTC is a peace of shit"

as opposed to what?  A "war" of shit?  I am so confused.

He can't even spell it right and that's his first post on the forum.

My idea of how this day has started for our OP.
-Honey, did you hear that bitcoin is worth today 8 times more than it was last year?
-what? I knew i should have invested in it! F you bitcoiners! I'm going to pour my hate on you!
Are you a monkey or what? It looks like you are unable to think logically if you are saying this shit. :] What I am talking about, is that BTC network/protocol is bad, and eventually everyone of you will lose lots of money. However, in my case I have already won lots of money, since I have started when most of you didn't know about the BTC. Concretely, I have sold 200 BTC a couple of days ago. Is it small amount of mon ey? For some people maybe. But for me this is more than enough until my life ends, so... Cheesy

Quote from: Vannie12
Try to be more specific
What specificity are you missing about the whole protocol being a piece of shit, unsafe, and a way to lose all of your money? Cheesy

Quote from: Yakamoto
My time to sync is 8 hours...
Lucky you. But still, 8 hours is way way too much... Complete sync should take less than a second if it would be properly organized and architectured at the first place.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Givebirth

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:04:57 PM

Why? Because there are so much more technologies that are safer, more reliable than BTC is or any other network of cryptocurrency. :]

More safer and reliable technologies than BTC? Can you give example for that and explain why? Because you sound rude on your topic sir. If you don't believe in bitcoin just be it and explain why.
Snub

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:19:07 PM

I think you are just angry about the fact that you knew about BTC only now, when it costs $19k.
If you would have about dozen of BTC you would not definitely say that it is shit!)
vaidotas (OP)

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:24:09 PM

Why? Because there are so much more technologies that are safer, more reliable than BTC is or any other network of cryptocurrency. :]

More safer and reliable technologies than BTC? Can you give example for that and explain why? Because you sound rude on your topic sir. If you don't believe in bitcoin just be it and explain why.
Well, I am rude on BTC itself, not on any person who uses it for something. As I have mentioned, I have myself made lots of money out of it. But still, this does not mean that someone else will get rich in the same way as I did. I was just lucky, and that's it. So, I won't put my money in BTC again, because I don't believe it will reach 1M USD as someone thinks about.

However, the problems I am worried about are already mentioned by me in this topic. However, I will still list them out:
1. Wallet creation and sync takes too much time. In other words, if you want to participate in this network, you have to wait lots of time.
2. Encryption is not quantum-proof. This means that bitcoin has no way to protect itself against quantum attacks. However, there are already cryptographical principles which allow to do so, and they are mathematically proven as correct ones.
3. No regulation in law of any important country. I.e. let's take gold. Every country in the world tries to have more and more gold which shows that gold is at least a way to save your money from inflation. And BTC? No one serious recognizes it in law still. So, you can't know if BTC will be forbidden by US tomorrow or not. In other words, there are still too much unknown, and it is strange that so many people believe in BTC. Out of this belief, I was able to get rich a bit myself. For that I am very grateful. But also I am worried that these nice people will lose their money eventually. ANd lots of money.
fanbeila

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 11:20:31 PM

I don't know which of the wallet you downloaded.Bitcoin wallets are easily downloadable and i have not found any syncing issues.You could try Electrum.Its true that its said that quantum computers might be a threat o bitcoin.but it may take almost twenty more years for quantum computers to get introduced and we have ample of time to make it quantum proof.Gold is an asset which is stored by many countries as reserve and we could not compare bitcoin with it.Bitcoin could not be completely banned unless internet gets banned.So its practically not possible to completely ban bitcoin.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Vannie12

Activity: 630
Merit: 130

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:05:27 AM

Well, I am rude on BTC itself, not on any person who uses it for something. As I have mentioned, I have myself made lots of money out of it. But still, this does not mean that someone else will get rich in the same way as I did. I was just lucky, and that's it. So, I won't put my money in BTC again, because I don't believe it will reach 1M USD as someone thinks about.

However, the problems I am worried about are already mentioned by me in this topic. However, I will still list them out:
1. Wallet creation and sync takes too much time. In other words, if you want to participate in this network, you have to wait lots of time.
2. Encryption is not quantum-proof. This means that bitcoin has no way to protect itself against quantum attacks. However, there are already cryptographical principles which allow to do so, and they are mathematically proven as correct ones.
3. No regulation in law of any important country. I.e. let's take gold. Every country in the world tries to have more and more gold which shows that gold is at least a way to save your money from inflation. And BTC? No one serious recognizes it in law still. So, you can't know if BTC will be forbidden by US tomorrow or not. In other words, there are still too much unknown, and it is strange that so many people believe in BTC. Out of this belief, I was able to get rich a bit myself. For that I am very grateful. But also I am worried that these nice people will lose their money eventually. ANd lots of money.

So you are concern now that other users might lose all their money?
Now for a time I think your a good person concerning that way.
But why be so furious calling bitcoin shit ?
Bitcoin core always find ways to be functional. And sometimes everything's misunderstood.
As users we can not do much for the system but to support it.

Yes bitcoin is very slow, high fees, not acknowledged as legal nor illegal in some countries but like you, you have trusted bitcoin once.
And some are just starting to do so.
Everyone here is advised not to invest all their money and that makes them liable to their loss.

With respect.
nirmalaayi

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:08:47 AM

This guys wanna start a war to bitcoin. are you goverment agent?? LOL
well if you say that would you give support to your argument
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:12:23 AM

<snip>
Quote from: Yakamoto
My time to sync is 8 hours...
Lucky you. But still, 8 hours is way way too much... Complete sync should take less than a second if it would be properly organized and architectured at the first place.
You didn't address the factor that light wallets exist that allow for people to have their wallets ready to go basically right from the get go, at a slight cost to security. Could you please specify something that these forms of wallets don't do that you want wallets to be doing? It doesn't look like you read my post to completion when you made that response. Conventional fiat networks do the same as online wallets do, their "sync" is just reliant on the bank to go through their accounts and make sure they update their information.

So you have some material to go off of, you could look into MultiBit, alternatively you could choose to look into what online wallets allow for users to do (again at a slight cost to security).
Dummsaus

Activity: 46

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:18:07 AM

Funny is now, how all those polite and sound voices are lining up behind bitcoin, quite smiling and nodding,
now backed by big money brokers from chicago.
In just two months those brokers pushed the price of BTC
more than two-thirds of what this world-wide community had achieved over several years.

Is that a decentralized currency now, wow.
Yeah, and its so independent and fresh.

BTC is the opportunists first choice.
I think that is in total contrary to Satoshi Nakamoto.
It's like the definition of what contrary is.
almightylarvas

Activity: 46

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:19:43 AM

Huh enlight me , what's better than blockchain technologies ? Encrypted ones ?
wielkiemonety

Activity: 21

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:37:35 AM

Wow co za origynalny poster tutaj. Bitcoin wschodzi na $20,0000, a teraz wiecej i wiecej bedzie wychodzilo po za płot. It's funny how original your argument is and what lack of defense it has. I think you need to study more about what you're going against, examine your biases please.
ponicita

Activity: 44

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 12:45:12 AM

No, its not a "peace" of shit, its a war of shit  Cheesy

Lets get this troll trolled  Grin
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 01:40:52 AM

"BTC is a peace of shit"

as opposed to what?  A "war" of shit?  I am so confused.

Be this how vaidotas starts his one-man newbie account war against Bitcoin, he will end resting in pieces.

(Your turn.)

My idea of how this day has started for our OP.
-Honey, did you hear that bitcoin is worth today 8 times more than it was last year?
-what? I knew i should have invested in it! F you bitcoiners! I'm going to pour my hate on you!

The grapes are sour, anyway.

Concretely, I have sold 200 BTC a couple of days ago. Is it small amount of mon ey? For some people maybe. But for me this is more than enough until my life ends, so... Cheesy

Liar.

If you want to use Bitcoin the most secure way, the way which puts you fully in control, then there is a cost to that.  Duh.  Otherwise, just use Electrum or another reputable light wallet.  Last time I tried Electrum, it took about two or three minutes to sync with the network the first time—and that’s through Tor (much slower).

You’re a moron if you believe that a hypothetical quantum computer which may possibly come to exist in the future makes Bitcoin insecure now.  You’re also a moron if you’re worried about quantum computer attacks on Bitcoin, but you don’t worry about the security of the banking system and the whole Internet; those are much more vulnerable to quantum computers than Bitcoin is.  Actually, you’re simply a moron, period.  It is self-evident that you are grossly deficient in useful knowledge of security, cryptography—and orthography.

Quoted for truth:

Yeah, most of the Bitcoin FUD is ridiculous but the quantum FUD is particularly hard to stomach.

3. No regulation in law of any important country. I.e. let's take gold. Every country in the world tries to have more and more gold which shows that gold is at least a way to save your money from inflation. And BTC? No one serious recognizes it in law still. So, you can't know if BTC will be forbidden by US tomorrow or not.

So what?  Yawn.  There are always unknown future legal risks in any store of value which does not derive directly from the State—as well as those which do derive from the State, and can be devalued or seized by the State at any time.  That’s not an argument specific to Bitcoin.  It is an argument that you are manifestly ill-equipped to handle the risks inherent to the state of being alive.

On a related note, here attempting to pull something sensible from your conflated non-argument about gold:  I should inform you that gold has been banned in the United States.  “Hoarding” individual wealth in gold was banned from 1 May 1933 until 31 December 1974.  Vast amounts of gold bullion were confiscated from people, who were forced to accept instead the Monopoly Money known as “United States Dollars”.  Numerous individuals were criminally prosecuted for attempting to keep their gold.  This is an historical fact; and if it happened before, it could happen again.  Now, why don’t you go FUD gold.  In “the land of the free”, gold could be banned again, too.  Gold is an insecure peace of shoot!!  Gold has no value!!  Everybody who buys gold will lose all their money!!  The sky is falling!!

P.S.:

Well, I am rude on BTC itself, not on any person who uses it for something.

To be clear, I am being rude to you.  I am so doing, because I despise imbeciles; and I find it mildly amusing to insult them.  Please take it personally.

pr3m0nition

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 01:58:14 AM

Agreed, Current version of bitcoin simply cant handle the volume its currently under. Now, If the next fork has the protocol made more efficient, Then that will be a different story.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TheOATeam

Activity: 58

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:05:13 AM

Is it just me or is there an influx of internet trolls regarding Bitcoin lately? I am seeing them everywhere, on forums, in the Slack I talk in about BTC. I wonder who is trying to use trolls to devalue BTC? Is it a paid campaign?
twinkledthomas

Activity: 143
Merit: 11

I will win, not immediately but definitely

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:09:21 AM

Because of the btc we are here. Satoshi nakamoto invented this. You are right, somany cryptocurrency are there, they came After btc. Widly accepted. So btc is best

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
nareshrohra

Activity: 158

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:13:04 AM

Most of the problems you mentioned are valid. But, tell me a cryptocurrency that is as big as bitcoin in terms of no of transactions and doesn't have those problems + all the qualities of bitcoin. My guess is "none"

Afnan_faizah

Activity: 784
Merit: 176

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:14:41 AM

No body push you to use bitcoin  Cheesy . If you don't like it so leave it  Cheesy . I different with you, I open minded enough to learn any new technology, and I prefer like to use bitcoin rather than other, I am interested in bitcoin because it feature and other factor like the increasing price and volatility.

Sepertinya sudah waktunya, kalau menurut saya lebih baik lump sum sekarang. 30/01/2024.
wilhb81

Activity: 224

Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:22:19 AM

Hmm, if OP think that "BTC is a 'peace' of shit" - then it's better for you to stay away as far as possible from it. After all, it won't do any good for you...

I like the good old words, "One's man shit is another man's treasure"  Grin

________Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency________
█████████ ██ ███ ██      PUNDI X      ██ ███ ██ █████████
Whitepaper      Twitter      Facebook      Telegram      Medium      Youtube
cwiney

Activity: 78
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:25:56 AM

Dude, you are humiliating yourself Grin
When bitcoin fall, all other coin will follow. That's how important the pioneer is, to gain market trust.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: