Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:32:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin vs Bitcoin Cash, was it scam?  (Read 500 times)
Crypto Bloke

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:55:10 PM

So do you think Bitcoin Cash will lose value immediately, or gain?  I think that, over the Christmas period, many people will sign up to Coinbase and see this "cheap alernative" to Bitcoin and put some money into it.  This could pump the price, over the next few weeks at least....
LTCendmanagement

Activity: 518
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:03:27 PM

Trading is not illegal, if you are not sure then stop.

And if told to choose between Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash, I'd prefer Bitcoin.

virtualdn
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1093

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:05:43 PM

Bitcoin is the KING

But why not earn some free extra cash with BTC Cash Smiley

When BTC will value $100,000 I hope BTC Cash will worth at least $25,000

1 BTC = 1 BTC
Jalum

Activity: 774
Merit: 500

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:55:23 PM

Hey guys, I am new so be nice  Grin
So yesterday, the co-founder of Bitcoin said that he is selling his BTCs and then maybe moving to bitcoin cash! In less than 24 hours, coinbase add this to its wallet and then price were pumped up by a few small transactions to 8500$!

In a trade world, this is illegal, isn't it?

Shouldn't Bitcoin have some sort of self regulation to prevent people from doing this kinda stuff?
Bitcoin is the only coin that I would want to have in a wallet. Bitcoin Cash just seems like a slow scam to me.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
marketcoin2 (OP)

Activity: 61

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 11:57:40 PM

So yesterday, the co-founder of Bitcoin said that he is selling his BTCs and then maybe moving to bitcoin cash! In less than 24 hours, coinbase add this to its wallet and then price were pumped up by a few small transactions to 8500$!

Shouldn't Bitcoin have some sort of self regulation to prevent people from doing this kinda stuff?
Bitcoin is the only coin that I would want to have in a wallet. Bitcoin Cash just seems like a slow scam to me.

BTC seems solid, it will go down and come back up! But my problem is with it infrastructures, high fees and transaction speeds!

I also think some of the altcoin will service and do better but eventually it should be become market of a few digital coin!
Famnant

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:15:47 AM

I do not think that Bitcoin or Bitcoin Cash are scam at all, they are virtual money, and Bitcoin cash came out from BTC so why would it be a scam??
1bitcoinsnet

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:22:51 AM

To everyone with bitcoin wallets with coin before August

If you don't like BCH then PLEASE give me that scam coin that is worth nothing

PM me for my BCH address

It will make you sleep better at night knowing you gave that worthless BCH to a dummy that loves it

haha
Jaya912

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:28:08 AM

Is that what you got from the news? There is something wrong here. It is the bitcoin.com Co-Founder (which is a website). They didn't create bitcoin. You need to either inform yourself better or write better. No point in letting FUD affect one's decisions.

When was BCH $8500?

i think this is a mistake, i never seen BCH reach $8500? or maybe someone else ever seen that price?
in this cryptocurrency, anybody free to sell or buy any altcoin depending on their thiought and nobody can forbidden them to do that.
warriorloyo

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:36:59 AM

Why everybody is so sceptic about the bitcoin cash ? In term of technology it's already better than the bitcoin so is it not normal to see this rise for the bitcoin cash ?
maydna

Activity: 2968
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:44:42 AM

this is the beauty of news Grin with only the small news that tells "A", many people get to move so fast and it gives impact in the market even if we don't know what is going on there. I heard that news too but I don't think that news triggered the price to increase because I think that people thinking this could be a good time to buy bitcoin cash because "A" sell all of his bitcoin and finally the price increase too. but as far as I know, bitcoin cash does not yet reach $8500 like everyone said and maybe soon it will rise in that price.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
1bitcoinsnet

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:46:35 AM

this is the beauty of news Grin with only the small news that tells "A", many people get to move so fast and it gives impact in the market even if we don't know what is going on there. I heard that news too but I don't think that news triggered the price to increase because I think that people thinking this could be a good time to buy bitcoin cash because "A" sell all of his bitcoin and finally the price increase too. but as far as I know, bitcoin cash does not yet reach $8500 like everyone said and maybe soon it will rise in that price.

the news was it hit 9K in minutes on coinbase at the rollout

that's why they pulled the plug for days

it's been in major media it hit 9k

scottykarate

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 01:33:07 AM

the news was it hit 9K in minutes on coinbase at the rollout

that's why they pulled the plug for days

it's been in major media it hit 9k

Because of insider trading.
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 02:15:31 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2017, 07:08:53 AM by nullius

Hey guys, I am new so be nice  ;D

“New” carries a chance of being a scamcoin shill.  Just FYI.  I think you probably came here for reasonable discussion; but when launching straight into a controversy, you should understand that it’s better to prove yourself by your behavior than to ask upfront for niceness.

So yesterday, the co-founder of Bitcoin said that he is selling his BTCs and then maybe moving to bitcoin cash!

Say what?  Bitcoin has no “co-founder”.  What could you possibly be talking about?

First of all, that guy isn't the co-founder of Bitcoin. He's the co-founder of Bitcoin.com, which Roger Ver controls. They're known Bitcoin Cash shills. This means absolutely nothing for the true Bitcoin. Let them dump. We're better off without them.

thank you very much guys for clear explanations and, i should have been more clear! I meant bitcoin.com!

Oh, that.  According to Bitcoin’s founder, Satoshi Nakamoto, the domain name bitcoin.COM never had anything to do with Bitcoin!  If you see people confused over the domain name, please spread that link—and also, give people the correct link to bitcoin.ORG, the domain name originally registered by Satoshi.  (FYI also, this forum used to be hosted under bitcoin.ORG before it got its own domain name.)

Bitcoin Cash was born from the Segwit2X of Bitcoin. The Bitcoin Core split into 2 part : " Bitcoin" and "Bitcoin Cash" . So i think it's not a scam at all.

drpixou, either you are lying, or you are stupid.  Pick which one.  There is only one Bitcoin.  There is only one Bitcoin Core; it never “split”.  The misleading misnamed “Bitcoin Cash” is a scam backed by Jihan Wu of Bitmain, a miner who is believed to be covertly exploiting the ASICBOOST security vulnerability which Bitcoin fixed with Segwit.  (So-called “Bitcoin Cash” scamcoin is still vulnerable.)  It is promoted by Roger Ver, a sleazy thug who happened to get his hands on the domain name bitcoin.COM.  It is trash, not cash.  So-called “Segwit2X”, also misnamed and mis-advertized, was a hostile takeover attempt which started with the so-called “New York Agreement”.  Bitcoin Core has been opposed to this nonsense all along.

Why everybody is so sceptic about the bitcoin cash ? In term of technology it's already better than the bitcoin so is it not normal to see this rise for the bitcoin cash ?

Say what?  No, BCH is far behind Bitcoin in technology.  Bitcoin has the Segwit upgrade.  Bitcoin will soon have Schnorr signatures, MAST, and possibly sidechains.  Bitcoin will soon have L2 scaling with the Lightning Network.  BCH has none of these technologies.

This has happened a month before. I'm not saying it will, but it's likely Bitcoin Cash will crash spectacularly again. Maybe then Bitcoin Cash supporters can finally open their eyes to the reality that they're being used to make money.

Last month, I laughed as the sheep got sheared.  No, I am not nice—at least, not to scammers and morons.  Meanwhile, with all the blatant market manipulation involving breathtaking amounts of money, Roger Ver and his cronies managed to knock Bitcoin down about 30% for all of a few days.  Bitcoin rebounded to a new all-time high within the week, whilst BCH crashed from its peak and lots of newbs lost all their money.  (I know that you know this; I am giving capsule history for the newbs.)

A.Delaney

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 02:25:45 AM

I wanted to have BCH just to make a few purchases from Bitmain since they only accept BCH.
mrdrumspin

Activity: 95
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 02:29:29 AM

this BCH episodeis getting rediculous. it's over, guys.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 02:30:42 AM

Hey guys, I am new so be nice  Grin

of course he does, there is nothing valuable about bitcoin anymore, and they see the opportunity in bitcoin cash,

bitcoin, has:

- high fees
- wastes a lot of electricity
- 50% of it is owned by less than 1000 people

bitcoin cash is:

-new
-can be sold as new product for money that people currently still work for
-idiots will be easier found than for bitcoin because they need idiots for the investments

bitcoin will be:

-abandonded and it collapses, till there will be a suitable balance between transaction costs and value,
-it will end up like netscape of cryptocurrencies.

but my honest advise is:

this kind of announcement of bitcoin developers should make you suspicious, about bitcoin cash actually... when bitcoin collapses and milllions of believers will lose their wealth, (what i think is 100% sure)
bitcoin cash and the bitcoin developers wont be popular, people might stream like fanatics to waves and ethereum then and similar then.

regards

jeffer8035

Activity: 251

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 02:42:37 AM

well the founder is nakamoto and still bo is known who respect to coinbase because you have to revise that and what you say about the regulations can not be lost the sense of the currency is supposed to be decentralized

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 02:49:49 AM

well the founder is nakamoto and still bo is known who respect to coinbase because you have to revise that and what you say about the regulations can not be lost the sense of the currency is supposed to be decentralized

i respect nakamoto that he challenged the communal national banker cartells, they are indeed evil and cause poverty, bitcoin however isnt great anymore and its not capable to carry the value and the diversity and the insentives to manage the worlds economy,

i mean jes bitcoin is decentral by why should the ownership and installation of vast computation power be so extremly rewarded?

when people will care more about the quality of the encrypted token than about the plattform itself, we have successfully decentralised the worlds financial system.

Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:01:08 AM

First you need to realize he is not the co-founder of Bitcoin, Emil Oldenburg is the co-founder of Bitcoin.com. That's a big difference.
We really do not know if Oldenburg sold all his Bitcoin he did not show any evidence that he did that. Well if he did that is his opinion and trading strategy I do not see any illegal activity there. He is famous in the crypto market so some traders will follow him and some will also take advantage of it.

I agree that there should be some regulation in trading crypto.
24core

Activity: 582
Merit: 250

An Impressive Purely Anonymous Currency.

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 03:02:07 AM

No they are not a scam. If bitcoin was a scam so many cryptocurrencies would not exist and Bitcoins value would not be where it is now.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: