Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:47:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Christmas And BTC?  (Read 1844 times)
Red_Evil

Activity: 1484
Merit: 500

Across The Universe

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 11:53:21 AM

I was just wondering, to those experts on bitcoin, because I have seen that bitcoin suddenly lay low in going up, and now even plunges.  I needed your opinion.

Does Christmas or any holidays affects bitcoin?
Please elaborate. Thanks a lot
I think Christmas and holidays have also affect in the price of bitcoin simply because those day many people have a lot of money or simply a lot of bonuses so they will use to invest in bitcoin. Even you see that bitcoin are going up now still it will down again.
in my opinion at Christmas there will be an increasingly severe decline because there will certainly be many people who sell their assets for Christmas needs, and to this day the market conditions are still worsening especially later at Christmas.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 02:16:32 PM

I was just wondering, to those experts on bitcoin, because I have seen that bitcoin suddenly lay low in going up, and now even plunges.  I needed your opinion.

Does Christmas or any holidays affect bitcoin?
For me, holidays didn't affect bitcoin value or market. In my opinion, it still depends on a user of bitcoins on how they will use it and how many time did they sell or buy it how many users are still using bitcoin until now. It always depends on us that the market will depend on.
TusharMali99

Activity: 238
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 02:26:09 PM

For me, holidays didn't affect bitcoin value or market. In my opinion, it still depends on a user of bitcoins on how they will use it and how many time did they sell or buy it how many users are still using bitcoin until now. It always depends on us that the market will depend on.

Last year there was some fall in BTC prices before Christmas. This was because people were cashing out their BTC or taking out their profits, may be to enjoy their Christmas holidays.
rain3798

Activity: 157
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 02:46:46 PM

Yes, it really affects the bitcoin. If you will think of it in Christmas, there's a gift, the food, and other expenses that is why we need a money in Christmas that means that there will be a lot of people that will trade their coin here. For a smart strategy ofcourse they will lower the price of the bitcoin and I am hoping that the price will rise up again after christmas.

Twentyonepaylots

Activity: 1876
Merit: 370

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 02:57:20 PM

Global events like Christmas / New Year / Easter will have an influence on Bitcoin price because in those times, the transactions are more frequent due to the need of liquidity, affecting to some degree the bitcoin Price. 

We may have some degree on the activity of the bitcoin users during the Holiday season or it is the consumer's behavior towards such event when people tend to make a lot of Purchase or maybe use their Bitcoin for buying Gifts and other Utilities only on the country which has the open trading market using crypto. But, on the side of Market as a whole i see no relevant except on the on the trading market, if we look back on the market preview last 2017, it was at the same period when crypto market start to drop, we don't know really what to become towards the of this year, we can only hope against hope that the market will be more stable and favorable to all the crypto investors.
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 04:21:08 PM

Last year Bitcoin and altcoins were boom period and now it is declining stage every day passing. We have an expectation that before Christmas Day, Bitcoin and altcoins will give a pump but it is still not shown rather it is falling almost daily.

Hey last year bitcoins started booming cause the bitcoins futures were coming, also Fomo played a major role in the prices rising upwards. I don't think we'll see a major price hike this Christmas, at the very best we may just see prices back to 6k levels. The only way we could have seen a pump had Bakkt been launched, but even that has been delayed now early or mid 2019 we'll see the price hike happening.
fosco333

Activity: 1260
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 02:49:00 PM

Sometimes Christmas and other events can affect btc price in the market because some peoples need to sell their coins in order to buy present or other needs in some particular events. Look at this year, even Christmas not yet begin, the btc and other coins price has crashed in the market.

Amevalentine

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 03:23:13 PM

Christmas should be a blessing and grace for those of us who embrace spiritual religion and hope that the bitcoin business will benefit in their fields, especially we can pray stable prices at the time of December.
mistletoe

Activity: 145

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 03:33:21 PM

Like many has mentioned here, mostly people aell their coins during christmas because they need the actual money to buy gifts and stuffs for christmas
 However though, last 2016 was different(or 2017 maybe) where the price almost touch 2k$
But yeah, that was then..

SnapDown22

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 03:33:57 PM

Global events like Christmas / New Year / Easter will have an influence on Bitcoin price because in those times, the transactions are more frequent due to the need of liquidity, affecting to some degree the bitcoin Price.  
I hope Christmas and Bitcoin will be given luck at the end of the month so that I can sell and at the beginning of the year I can reprocess my bitcoin my opinion like that
walemil

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 03:42:53 PM

Christmas is a period that majority of the people all over the world reserve for shopping, family holiday and merry making. As a result people are expected to spend money much more during Christmas period. As a result of this, they tend to sell their bitcoin in order to actualize Christmas dreams.
minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 03:46:41 PM

All sell during xmas. Maybe go up hard again after 10th jan, fk know but i'm expecting a bigger drop then the current 16.9k

Yes, just take as an example what happened on late 2017.

The price touched $20,000 before the 20th of december on 2017, and then it started to drop day by day.

If i am not wrong, it touched less than $15,000 before the 24th of december

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 04:08:01 PM

Most people are now busy preparing for Christmas. Buying gifts, attending parties, etc. I myself did a lot of profit taking to be able to celebrate the holidays in style. Would love to give bitcoins as a gift.
Lol you will give bitcoin as a gift?do you really want us to believe this stupidity?You cant even buy a chocolate for a gift and now telling us giving gift bitcoin
You ate right that people are busy this holiday but they are not selling bitcoin,instead they are using fiat like me,I rather stock m bitcoin that to use it as a gift
ribowo76

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

The World's 1st Waste to Green Energy DLT Project

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2018, 04:17:47 PM

I think like that. Near the end of the year, most people need fiat money. So that many people sell crypton assets, to meet the needs of the end of the year. And finally, it increasingly makes the price of bitcoin fall sharply
biletskiy

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 01:02:09 PM

Usually cryptos would loose before the big days, like celebrations or national holidays or christmas etc.. I always exchange my cryptos with the tether (USDT) one or two days before the big days and after one or two days i am exchancing them again.. I usually make some profit with this way and i would recommend you to do the same..

It can be a very expensive gift. I will be never surprised if I learn that some wealthy guy (let us say, a celebrity) gives Bitcoin for Christmas for somebody, but we are simple fellows here and we choose some other presents.
wow.magic

Activity: 303
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 03:57:13 PM

We all know that on Christmas season everyone is traditionally spending a lot of money to celebrate Christmas buying good foods, new dress etc. And For me an income coming to your bitcoin account could be a good gift and a big help to your additional expenses.
Correct bitcoin profit is big help for us,  it help us to support our needs specially when it comes Christmas time, this season are most expensive cause everyone spending lot's of money, to buy gifts for someone, buy a foods and etc. Bitcoin profit is big help for our expenses to celebrate Christmas.
fistteam

Activity: 217

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 05:30:33 PM

I think like that. Near the end of the year, most people need fiat money. So that many people sell crypton assets, to meet the needs of the end of the year. And finally, it increasingly makes the price of bitcoin fall sharply
It could be so. People need fiat money on Christmas and the New Year should sell their crypto coins to buy gifts for friends and relatives. Selling too quickly at a time makes "supply over demand" a downward market that is a reasonable explanation for this time.
Tipsters

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 07:24:52 PM

Holidays like also what happen in Black friday (sale also in crypto) many have cashed out for those sales in the real world so its quite normal to see down turn before events like this. So expect that days before xmas it could be.
dongyi17

Activity: 616

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 02:15:32 AM

I think Holiday season such as Christmas has an effect to bitcoin, usually bitcoin price and market gets high on this season, coz there's this person I know who encash certain amount of money through bitcoin during this season, maybe because people, investor and among other do want to have something to give to someone and mostly people are generous.

inanilujimi

Activity: 1862
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 02:35:35 AM

according to my study, Christmas will not affect the price of BTC because not everyone celebrates Christmas.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: