Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:26:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Etherdelta has bn hacked  (Read 1714 times)
oscarrsm

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:16:20 PM

I do not attend the Stock Etherdelta yet. We are all in anticipation of the owners fixing a hole for hackers. And perhaps double the budget for the maintenance of security services. The market is developing but the scammers are learning and becoming smarter, unfortunately.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
imjustp

Activity: 256
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 09:20:09 PM

So how did this all pan out? Safe again? Glad I was away during this, hopefully I wasn't affected!
Ging

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:22:21 PM

what a loss i have been trading on this exchange does anyone know when is the site will be released i know they had launched i site let you check the amount you have on the exchange.
CrackLord

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 09:23:10 PM

This is a disaster. This is why we need decentralised DNS and decentralised hosting of files. We need an entirely new decentralised web where this simply cannot happen.

I wouldn't be surprised if the DNS provider was the weak link that fell prey to social engineering and handed over control to the hacker.
roastedparsnip

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:51:30 PM

So how did this all pan out? Safe again? Glad I was away during this, hopefully I wasn't affected!

Still not over yet and even when EtherDelta is up and running again they will have to put a lot of effort into convincing people that it's safe to trade there.

They do have the advantage that there isn't really anywhere else for people to trade such a variety of ERC20 tokens but security should be the priority. And now everyone should know that they must only trade on EtherDelta if they are using either MetaMask or the even safer option of BLUE chrome extension.

Either of those options would have prevented user's private keys being compromised even if the user had attempted trading on the fake EtherDelta site.
johstacy

Activity: 225
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 09:55:06 PM

I have been watching the news all day from the creators of the Etherdelta exchange. They try, but for now it's not safe to visit their site. I think we will have good news for tomorrow. I do not want to give up this exchange, there are unique tokens and there is a good low price for buying.

tothetop

Activity: 251
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:14:13 PM

Watch this video tutorial on how to withdraw your funds from etherdelta without going into the site
https://youtu.be/slru097RrfM[/b]

Very good I`ve noticed this topic.. Big thanks for the video, it will be very useful for me, and just right now but also in future

thunderbitz2717

Activity: 594
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:16:41 PM

https://twitter.com/etherdelta/status/943580458616541184

Etherdelta has bn hacked... If you have your fund there... Do not attempt to remove them... The attackers will gain access into your wallet.. And steal all your funds

To check your current holdings on ED use https://deltabalances.github.io

Hackers wallet getting filled up

https://etherscan.io/address/0x3f8a37bde9b15b65c82f9cdd00192e0ba36cc5fc

Watch this video tutorial on how to withdraw your funds from etherdelta without going into the site
https://youtu.be/slru097RrfM

This thread was a big help to those traders who have fund stuck upin this exchange including myself. I have different altcoins funds in there and I don't know how get out in there without stealing my coins with somebody else. So thank you for this mate God bless you moreI hope there is still lot of people like you who had a concern to us in this situation like this.
Delinquency

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:27:26 PM

I'm really starting to get tired of these things, we make some money and these hackers are crashing
Exactly what date was hacked?
yesiam6

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

1KoMmKPMG6xaWcqB8CPP3WJ8avRSVRHtP2

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:36:44 PM

I'm really starting to get tired of these things, we make some money and these hackers are crashing
Exactly what date was hacked?
the phishing wallet started getting transactions 1 day 3 hrs ago
Anyways i was lucky that i saw the warning on twitter otherwise my tokens would've been stolen too.
I think that Zach handled the warning to prevent people from getting hacked pretty professionally, but the hack shouldn't have hacked in the first place
do we have any information on how exactly they hacked the dns?

___   __    ______     
/__/\ /__/\ /_____/\   
\::\_\\  \ \\:::_ \ \   
 \:. `-\  \ \\:\ \ \ \ 
  \:. _    \ \\:\ \ \ \
   \. \`-\  \ \\:\_\ \ \
    \__\/ \__\/ \_____\/
shandiem14

Activity: 350
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:29:57 PM

I hope ETH is in good hand now coz i want to trade my coins there. Is there a possible way to trade in other exchanges using my ERC-20?  or i will just wait until they fix that issue. hoping for a good response to those who are updated on ETHDELTA hacked exposed
illinest

Activity: 454
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:41:02 PM

From their Twitter account earlier today:

We are in the last step to bring the service back and should have some announcements soon. Thank for you all for retweeting about the imposers phishing attack yesterday.

If you were using MetaMask or Blue, you should be fine. If you haven't had Etherdelta's web site open / didn't import your private key, then you should be fine. Even still, this scared the crap out of me. I emptied the ETH in my private key and the tokens in the smart contract to a safe address. I will empty out the ETH held in the smart contract as soon as it's safe.
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:01:15 AM

Tweets from EtherDelta
"We are in the last step to bring the service back and should have some announcements soon. Thank for you all for retweeting about the imposers phishing attack yesterday."
"Please note if you were using @metamask_io or hardware wallet on EtherDelta, your funds are completely *SAFE* from the phishing attack."
"Also note deposits can only be accessed through user's individual private key via the EtherDelta contract. If you had *NEVER* imported your key on the imposer's phishing site, your deposit should be safe."

partsofgarble

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:01:52 AM

It was a phising attack ? What really happen there? I saw a 250K lost on ETH funds.
QueenOfCrypto

Activity: 564
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:06:50 AM

This is really scary. Is there already any information about the entity of the stolen funds? And the type of stolen coins?
roastedparsnip

Activity: 213

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:08:19 AM

It was a phising attack ? What really happen there? I saw a 250K lost on ETH funds.

Someone hacked their DNS and put up a phishing site on the real domain. Only people who use ED by entering their private keys have been affected.

If anyone needs help in transferring their funds out of EtherDelta while the site is compromised then I would recommend joining the Ethereum Blue telegram group:

https://t.co/RoxhCbc3ku

The admins and members have made it their mission to help every single person who needs help getting funds out of EtherDelta and they have a pinned message which gives step-by-step info with diagrams and annotations.

They have a beta release of their BLUE chrome extension which would have protected people from this phishing attack but you don't have to be a user to join their Telegram and benefit from the free help and advice they are offering to EtherDelta users.
forcrypto

Activity: 144

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 02:47:59 AM

it's back online
Rhesie

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:55:20 AM

Ether Delta has been hacked by the scammer. Some people invest to get a profit but some are stealing. So sad to know that kind of issue.
gmf1000

Activity: 400

Play2Live presale starts on 5th December

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:59:14 AM

Someone hacked their DNS and put up a phishing site on the real domain. Only people who use ED by entering their private keys have been affected.

If anyone needs help in transferring their funds out of EtherDelta while the site is compromised then I would recommend joining the Ethereum Blue telegram group:

The admins and members have made it their mission to help every single person who needs help getting funds out of EtherDelta and they have a pinned message which gives step-by-step info with diagrams and annotations.

They have a beta release of their BLUE chrome extension which would have protected people from this phishing attack but you don't have to be a user to join their Telegram and benefit from the free help and advice they are offering to EtherDelta users.

I joined the group, and it was very heping... I followed steps to take my funds on ED and it's done... I'm safe for now... I wonder if I'll use ED to trade again in the future..

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
babaya

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:04:16 AM

I joined the group, and it was very heping... I followed steps to take my funds on ED and it's done... I'm safe for now... I wonder if I'll use ED to trade again in the future..
for a while it is better to trade at other exchange.its still risky now for trading on etherdelta.maybe people got scammed by this attack.wait for official announcement from etherdelta for trade there.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: