Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:06:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: People are extremely biased towards bitcoin.  (Read 779 times)
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:30:59 AM

i generally agree with what you said in here but not completely. 99% of those who are saying something negative about bitcoin are spreading FUD and i have been around long enough to know that.
we all know the problems but only few bother to check out the solutions and see where we are on that front.

An outdated bitcoin that won't be able to compete with better coins.

and here is a good example in your own comment! you either don't understand things or are spreading FUD.

what better coins? and why are you calling them "better".
can they handle for example 1000 TPS? have they ever reached that much and remained there? so why are you calling them "better"?

of course it is easy to create huge blocks (eg 1 GB!) and lower time between them (eg 10 seconds) and then say my coin has the capacity to compete with all the fiat and crypto combined transaction per second. and never even go above 100 kB per block.
bitcoin cash is making such claims with 8 MB blocks, so do 100 other altcoins. but that doesn't make them true.

There is a FOMO brewing...
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 06:36:03 AM

Most people here and reddit will defend bitcoin no matter what instead of looking at the problems. Every time someone comments something about the speed or transaction fees they will just yell ''FUD'' or ''Another attack on bitcoin'' but it's not always that. I have been a strong supporter of bitcoin myself but we have to face it, it's not in a good position right now, sure the price is great but what else? Insane fees that are not getting solved any time soon? I know the demand is high but the ones that are buying are just buying to sell eventually not to support bitcoin, not to use it. The demand will eventually fade away and what do we have left? An outdated bitcoin that won't be able to compete with better coins.

that’s because we are benefitting from bitcoin and i think that ishthe human nature of people. Years ago when the cryptocurrency wasnt this big we badlouth it in disbelief but now we heap its praises because it has exceeded expectations

Bardman (OP)

Activity: 952
Merit: 516

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:37:18 AM

i generally agree with what you said in here but not completely. 99% of those who are saying something negative about bitcoin are spreading FUD and i have been around long enough to know that.
we all know the problems but only few bother to check out the solutions and see where we are on that front.

An outdated bitcoin that won't be able to compete with better coins.

and here is a good example in your own comment! you either don't understand things or are spreading FUD.

what better coins? and why are you calling them "better".
can they handle for example 1000 TPS? have they ever reached that much and remained there? so why are you calling them "better"?

of course it is easy to create huge blocks (eg 1 GB!) and lower time between them (eg 10 seconds) and then say my coin has the capacity to compete with all the fiat and crypto combined transaction per second. and never even go above 100 kB per block.
bitcoin cash is making such claims with 8 MB blocks, so do 100 other altcoins. but that doesn't make them true.

Scaling is a problem for any coin, however other coins do have better technology or innovation in other things. Bitcoin started out as a virtual currency, do you see bitcoin as a currency right now? That's the problem with it, it's not clear what it is and you can find people here and other forums arguing about it, some still call it a currency while others keep saying it's an asset, virtual gold. So which is it? Not clear. Other coins however do have clear intentions, sure most of them are garbage but there are a few that actually do what they said they would.

█
 ▐ █  
  █
 ▐ █  

▄████████████████████▄
██████▀░░░░░░░░███████
████▀░░░▄████▄░░░░████
███░░▄█▀▀░░░░▀▀██░░███
██░░░█▌░██████░░██░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░███████████░░██
██░░░█▌░░█████▌░▐█░▐██
███░░▀█▌░░█▀░░▄██▀░▐██
████▄░░▀██████████████
██████▄░░░░███████████
▀████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████░░██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
████████░░░░░░████████
███████░░░▐▌░░░███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
█████░░░░████░░░░█████
████░░░░██████░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████

.a.

░░██████████████████████████████████████░░
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████
██████████░█████████████████████░█████████
█████████░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░████████
████████░███░█████████████████░████░██████
██████░███░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░███░░████
█████░███░████░█████████████░████░████░███
███░░███░████░░██████████████░████░████░██
████░░███░░████░███████████░░████░████░███
██████░░███░░███░░████████░████░████░█████
████████░████░░███░░████░████░████░███████
█████████░░████░████░███████░████░████████
███████████░░███░░███░░████████░██████████
█████████████░████░████░█████░████████████
███████████████░████░░███░░███████████████
█████████████████░████░███████████████████
██████████████████░░███░░█████████████████
████████████████████░░████████████████████
█████████████████████░████████████████████
░░██████████████████████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀░░██
██████████▀░███▀░░░░██
█████████▀░░██░░░░░░██
███████▀░░░░█░░░░░░░██
██████▀░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
█████▀░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████▀░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
███▀░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██▀░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
▀████████████████████

▄████████████▀███████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
████░░██░░░░█░░░████░█
███░░█░░░░██░░░░░░░░░█
██░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████░░░██░░░█████
████████░░░█░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░█░░███████
█████░░░░░███░░███████
████░░░░░███░░░███████
██████░░░░░░░░░███████
▀████████████████████
Chyton

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:55:25 AM

Well, I do agree with you. People that hold a certain coin is going to defend their own coin for their own gains. There is no way they won't do that.
As an investor, you should know that you can't depends on anyone else, do your own research and take your own risk.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Jrein23

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:00:14 AM

Well, you can't blame people from defending bitcoin as they have invested on it. For sure they will not let others just to make FUD's about it, investors knows this problems and sometimes don't care as long as they are making money out of it.
Lupus Solitarius

Activity: 273
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:17:24 AM

I don't understand why we call "biased" people with strong believes.
If I put money somewhere, it because I think it will bring me good results, so of course I'm "biased".
But that doesn't mean that that I can't change my mind if I receive new informations.

Dontme

Activity: 798
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:00:39 PM

Most people here and reddit will defend bitcoin no matter what instead of looking at the problems. Every time someone comments something about the speed or transaction fees they will just yell ''FUD'' or ''Another attack on bitcoin'' but it's not always that. I have been a strong supporter of bitcoin myself but we have to face it, it's not in a good position right now, sure the price is great but what else? Insane fees that are not getting solved any time soon? I know the demand is high but the ones that are buying are just buying to sell eventually not to support bitcoin, not to use it. The demand will eventually fade away and what do we have left? An outdated bitcoin that won't be able to compete with better coins.

Anyway we must also see what will be the negative sides not only the positive side but as of now that bitcoin is really one of the most best and valuable coins we must take this opportunity and trade with it while it is still on demand.
Swenna

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 02:01:41 PM

Well, you can't blame people from defending bitcoin as they have invested on it. For sure they will not let others just to make FUD's about it, investors knows this problems and sometimes don't care as long as they are making money out of it.

I don't think we can simply call it as biased. With the continuous increase in FUD's spreading in the forum, it will be unfortunate if all will succumb to this news and sell their bitcoin right off the bat. There will be a major dump which will affect the price of the bitcoin. It will gradually decrease that is why most holders will try to defend bitcoin or their coins so as to put a good argument and make everyone believe or understand all the possible qualities of their coin so other can continue supporting it, too. Everything is for their personal gain, but I do admit that there are some of those bitcoin-fanatics here in the forum.
Lupus Solitarius

Activity: 273
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:57:24 AM

It's true that someone takes bitcoin with a cultish approach, but it's clear that - if you put money in a business - you need to believe in it.
So, if we are here we believe in the future of bitcoin and - for outsiders - this can make as appear as "extremly biased". So, what? :-)

Kambal2000

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:07:43 PM

It's true that someone takes bitcoin with a cultish approach, but it's clear that - if you put money in a business - you need to believe in it.
So, if we are here we believe in the future of bitcoin and - for outsiders - this can make as appear as "extremly biased". So, what? :-)
of course we need to believe to something that we are investing no matter what it is or how much you invest, especially in crypto it must be know by all people so that the demand will rise and all of us can benefit about it, if we don't believe in what we are doing or with our business I don't think that bitcoin will still exist.
Nellayar

Activity: 868
Merit: 185

Roobet supporter and player!

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:22:16 PM

Some of here are just joining the discussion about bitcoin. They spread the FUD information in order to mislead the newbies. Some of them are altcoin developers and haters of bitcoin.
Its sad to say that there are lot of rumors that bitcoin always involved and we don't actually know if all people are still happy to use and invest in bitcoin.

faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:32:27 PM

The trurh is that we are just hearing good news about bitcoin because we are in the platforms where bitcoin users come together. Well, the main reason why bitcoin appears to be a negative thing is because of the mainstream media. They just report and mention bitcoin everytime that there were issues being involved with it. Bitcoin also become so related with Scam that its why there really few peiple only who come to know it.
Anco_Marzio

Activity: 186
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:18:18 PM

It's unfair to call "biased" the bitcoin community.
If bitcoin exist today, with so much success is because a small group of crazy visionaries insisted in Satoshi's project in spite of general skepticism and derision by "experts".

Feuerbach

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:28:07 PM

Bitcoin is called digital gold, and it should be used as gold. That is, as a long-term investment asset. In order to pay for goods, there are more suitable tokens
tdrinker

Activity: 276
Merit: 103

Join FlipNpik Telegram : t.me/flipnpikico

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:32:58 PM

It did happen, it's something that bitcoin needs both ways, it needs to be seen that there isn't blind faith and at the same time that there isn't just an overwhelming sense of dread and doubt around. As the community we can do bitcoin a service by being open and honest about its capabilities and limitations and that way we can highlight what needs to be done for bitcoin to improve and grow.

Doell

Activity: 2156
Merit: 531

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 10:45:50 PM

I'm afraid that high transaction costs will allow bitcoin to be rarely interested in and this will lead to go drop ,not only that now many new alt provide better than bitcoin ,but still bitcoin will be the most popular among the crypto that carries freedom You are right ,people now consider bitcoin as stock and keep it or hold but not everyone is like that

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
Bardman (OP)

Activity: 952
Merit: 516

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:22:56 AM

Bitcoin is called digital gold, and it should be used as gold. That is, as a long-term investment asset. In order to pay for goods, there are more suitable tokens

I still see that as problematic. Gold exists, sure you can buy gold without holding it physically but if you wanted you could hold it in your hands. It's also quite hard to withdraw bitcoins to fiat, look at cex/bitwala and other exchanges/services, they all have trouble with banks and legal issues.

█
 ▐ █  
  █
 ▐ █  

▄████████████████████▄
██████▀░░░░░░░░███████
████▀░░░▄████▄░░░░████
███░░▄█▀▀░░░░▀▀██░░███
██░░░█▌░██████░░██░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░████████░▐█░░██
██░░█▌░███████████░░██
██░░░█▌░░█████▌░▐█░▐██
███░░▀█▌░░█▀░░▄██▀░▐██
████▄░░▀██████████████
██████▄░░░░███████████
▀████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████░░██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
████████░░░░░░████████
███████░░░▐▌░░░███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
█████░░░░████░░░░█████
████░░░░██████░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████

.a.

░░██████████████████████████████████████░░
████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████
██████████░█████████████████████░█████████
█████████░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░████████
████████░███░█████████████████░████░██████
██████░███░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░███░░████
█████░███░████░█████████████░████░████░███
███░░███░████░░██████████████░████░████░██
████░░███░░████░███████████░░████░████░███
██████░░███░░███░░████████░████░████░█████
████████░████░░███░░████░████░████░███████
█████████░░████░████░███████░████░████████
███████████░░███░░███░░████████░██████████
█████████████░████░████░█████░████████████
███████████████░████░░███░░███████████████
█████████████████░████░███████████████████
██████████████████░░███░░█████████████████
████████████████████░░████████████████████
█████████████████████░████████████████████
░░██████████████████████████████████████

▄████████████████████▄
█████████████████▀░░██
██████████▀░███▀░░░░██
█████████▀░░██░░░░░░██
███████▀░░░░█░░░░░░░██
██████▀░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
█████▀░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████▀░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
████░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
███▀░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██▀░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░░░░░██
▀████████████████████

▄████████████▀███████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
████░░██░░░░█░░░████░█
███░░█░░░░██░░░░░░░░░█
██░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████░░░██░░░█████
████████░░░█░░░░██████
███████░░░░░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░█░░███████
█████░░░░░███░░███████
████░░░░░███░░░███████
██████░░░░░░░░░███████
▀████████████████████
BigTeeths

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:16:09 AM

They're probably the type of epedimic disease here in crypto that always says lambo and moon. I agree on what you have said on your post but don't worry because I know this will be solved or else another altcoin will takes its place once everyone will fully realized the main problem.
tanxingwo1215

Activity: 105
Merit: 6

Get Paid to Play your Media on Current

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 04:48:48 AM

Why are so many people biased against bitcoin? In general, it can be summed up as: bitcoin not only challenges their status symbols, but also challenges their fundamental values system and survival, and is a blatant challenge to him. Because they don't understand bitcoin and don't try these new things!

▃▃  ────▾ CURRENT ▾────  ▃▃
█ ▁ Get Paid to Play All Your Media ▁ █ (http://current.us/)
Hirameki

Activity: 176
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 08:53:37 AM

Well, I do agree with you. People that hold a certain coin is going to defend their own coin for their own gains. There is no way they won't do that.
As an investor, you should know that you can't depends on anyone else, do your own research and take your own risk.
I think they are doing it because its a good strategy, if some one attract to invest in a certain coin that has been advertised, the price of that coin will of up due to the demand and the investor that did will sell his coins to make profit, its just a cycle of this scenarios and its up for us what we will do about it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: