Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:08:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] GAS Coin is now dead. r3wt snuck in a premine and scammed the community  (Read 15855 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2013, 11:44:42 PM

I honestly cannot fathom how anyone can come in here and defend r3wt for this. Says a lot about your character if you do

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sonihr

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

THE TIME HAS COME...

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 02:16:55 AM

Current block value: 50032210445.483376

LOL?

What goes around comes around...
sonihr

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

THE TIME HAS COME...

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 02:26:05 AM

Can someone tell me why the reward is suddenly so large?

If I change the source a bit and keep mining it will this become my gas coin fork?

I will be mining this tonight with my 5770 for an experiment...

What goes around comes around...
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 02:27:55 AM

its in the code, the greater the transactions in the block the higher the block reward

Hydroponica

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

fml

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 03:41:26 AM

Current block value: 50032210445.483376

LOL?

Pro tip: The block values are typically in main.cpp, somewhere between lines 500 and 800 or so, and, not really that difficult to read... Roll Eyes

coinerd

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 04:30:11 AM

Well holy shit.

> Customer requests clean coin, pays cash

> dev premines with buddies.

Nothing else matters. That's breach of contract.

Some of what you have to say here is true r3wt.  No one would have minded this pre-mine and it could have been used to do good for the coin, if it was part of the business plan. But it wasn't.  It specifically harms the business plan.

As it is, this is not the first time you've been accused of shady bullshit and as you've not only admitted to it but you're being somewhat of a dick about it - I'll be sure to warn anyone I see asking about you too.

NAN will be coming off my sites as well in about 60 seconds.  I would do it because of this shit but the fact that you mentioned at cryptsy you've abandoned it pretty much seals the deal.

1. i delivered on what you paid me to do. if you want me to do it all again you can pay me .4 btc again.
2. no refunds.
3. you're not gonna get me a scammer tag, but you can try if you want. you wanted aside from the usual specs a coin that was stable, and secure and i deliverd on that. what was i supposed to do, take the .4 btc you gave me to make the coin and give it all out to the miners i chose to secure test, create, and secure the network? get real dude. money(well in this case, coins) talks and bullshit walks. i understand where you're coming from, but you're being unreasonable, similar to the way Vlad was acting. this is the real world man, it takes money to make money.
4. they aren't random people, they are four people that i trust to do the right thing. if worse comes to worse, i'll just buy the coins back from them.

1. No, you obviously didn't.

2. BWAH HA HA HA HA scammer of course not

3. I will see if I can help with this.

4. They're four people that you trust to help you rob your client. 

Damn I'm really angry I thought you were a decent guy.  To come out and blame/attack your client after pulling something like this?  Piece of shit.
drummerjdb666

Activity: 244
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 04:36:17 AM

SO........    .4BTC is all it takes to have any random dev change stats of a coin re-label it as some other name..... and i'm good to go?!    FUCK YEA!!!
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 05:16:14 AM

it should be as simple as this, either do it yourself, get a secure team together to make the coin and test it before release e.g. get other people to check the source or be a stingy tramp and get it done on the cheap and put up with whatever shit comes your way, as simple as that. gascoin was never going to work out to be ANYTHING. why? because the dev couldnt even sort out the basics required to creating and maintaining a coin, so getting it out there is mission impossible

r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 05:19:42 AM

Well holy shit.

> Customer requests clean coin, pays cash

> dev premines with buddies.

Nothing else matters. That's breach of contract.

Some of what you have to say here is true r3wt.  No one would have minded this pre-mine and it could have been used to do good for the coin, if it was part of the business plan. But it wasn't.  It specifically harms the business plan.

As it is, this is not the first time you've been accused of shady bullshit and as you've not only admitted to it but you're being somewhat of a dick about it - I'll be sure to warn anyone I see asking about you too.

NAN will be coming off my sites as well in about 60 seconds.  I would do it because of this shit but the fact that you mentioned at cryptsy you've abandoned it pretty much seals the deal.

1. i delivered on what you paid me to do. if you want me to do it all again you can pay me .4 btc again.
2. no refunds.
3. you're not gonna get me a scammer tag, but you can try if you want. you wanted aside from the usual specs a coin that was stable, and secure and i deliverd on that. what was i supposed to do, take the .4 btc you gave me to make the coin and give it all out to the miners i chose to secure test, create, and secure the network? get real dude. money(well in this case, coins) talks and bullshit walks. i understand where you're coming from, but you're being unreasonable, similar to the way Vlad was acting. this is the real world man, it takes money to make money.
4. they aren't random people, they are four people that i trust to do the right thing. if worse comes to worse, i'll just buy the coins back from them.

1. No, you obviously didn't.

2. BWAH HA HA HA HA scammer of course not

3. I will see if I can help with this.

4. They're four people that you trust to help you rob your client. 

Damn I'm really angry I thought you were a decent guy.  To come out and blame/attack your client after pulling something like this?  Piece of shit.

fuck you coinerd you blatantly spread bullshit. i'm not abandoning NAN at all. i'm debugging the new client as we speak.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
coinerd

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 05:23:46 AM

it should be as simple as this, either do it yourself, get a secure team together to make the coin and test it before release e.g. get other people to check the source or be a stingy tramp and get it done on the cheap and put up with whatever shit comes your way, as simple as that. gascoin was never going to work out to be ANYTHING. why? because the dev couldnt even sort out the basics required to creating and maintaining a coin, so getting it out there is mission impossible

Lots of lessons to be learned in this thread.

fuck you coinerd you blatantly spread bullshit. i'm not abandoning NAN at all. i'm debugging the new client as we speak.

The network is dead and you told me today you haven't even been running a node.  No bullshit. I tried to ask you if you were dumping it or not but you vanished. But the fact is...

It's not going to matter to me about NAN any more.  This is bad business. I won't be supporting any product that I know you are involved with from this point forward.
r3wt

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 05:34:17 AM

Lots of lessons to be learned in this thread.

The network is dead and you told me today you haven't even been running a node.  No bullshit. I tried to ask you if you were dumping it or not but you vanished. But the fact is...

It's not going to matter to me about NAN any more.  This is bad business. I won't be supporting any product that I know you are involved with from this point forward.

lol, fuck off then prick. i was busy working on the new client man. i came to check on the price because someone mentioned in the backroom that it was tanking and the network was dead. you asked me if i was still running it and i put my node back up, did i not?

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Anduck
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072

quack

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 05:36:17 AM

Yeah.. Call people to fuck off after they bust you for scam. That will make people trust you and your services and people you deal with.

r3wt

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 05:37:55 AM

Yeah.. Call people to fuck off after they bust you for scam. That will make people trust you and your services and people you deal with.

YOU FUCK OFF TOO.  i didn't run any scam, you're all a bunch of faggots who jump on a bandwagon any chance you get. i deny scamming anyone, because i did not.

Anduck
Legendary

quack

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 05:41:00 AM

YOU FUCK OFF TOO.  i didn't run any scam, you're all a bunch of faggots who jump on a bandwagon any chance you get. i deny scamming anyone, because i did not.

Premine a coin that's not even yours?

r3wt

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 05:45:06 AM

and use it to pay people to secure the network and provide a stable and secure product?

Anduck
Legendary

quack

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 05:46:39 AM

and use it to pay people to secure the network and provide a stable and secure product?

You premined a coin thats not even yours. You did that without any permission. How does that what you did with the coins change anything?

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 05:46:53 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2013, 08:12:30 PM by SaltySpitoon

Not entirely sure why this thread is here since there is another in scam accusation, so this thread may be removed once people migrate to the other here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=263994.0

Also, going to also put this here since people haven't yet realized to move there yet.

Arguing with him is dragging you both down.

By his own admission he agreed to a clean genesis and delivered it premined, enough said.

Forum staff, if this isn't a clear cut call for a scammer tag, what is?

Of course I have been watching the entire thing since it was in Alt Currencies. First off, Staff cannot give scammer tags, it has to be an admin just to clarify. Second, in order for r3wt to get the scammer tag there has to be a few things. (I'm sure I'm missing all sorts of criteria and conditions and such, but I'll make it short and sweet)

1) Loss of value/property etc, so yeah by ruining the coin which he was paid .4 BTC to make, I suppose there was a loss of value
2) No attempt at remedying the situation.

ok, i was wrong to have done it without asking you're right. i just didn't want to admit that i would need some help getting the network ready. its also why i was late. we wanted the hashrate to be high enough to keep the coin from getting destroyed on launch. i still don't think it makes me a scammer for doing that though. i see where i was wrong, i just didn't want to admit it before, but to call me a scammer after i slaved all weekend to meet the deadline.

my whole issue was the way he turned on me and trashed me in the thread. thats very unproffesional.

r3wt did admit their wrong here, and it looks like once you two are done with the hurt feelings and flinging mud, you can probably work something out. I would try that before going for the scammer tag, it would save a whole lot of time for both and you could settle it. Also a "SCAMMER" in red letters next to someones name doesn't really get your BTC/Coin back, so its best to try and work something out first. If r3wt isn't willing to negotiate something, you would probably have more grounds for the scammer tag, but of course all of the evidence hasn't been piled yet, so maybe or maybe not.

TLDR: I would advise skipping the hours of compiling information to build your cases and going back and forth at each other, and try to work out a deal, *Cough cough* perhaps wiping the chain and starting fresh, refund, donating the premined coins to go to bounties, I'm sure you guys can figure something out.

Oh, and just as a P.S

its easy to cherry pick little parts of my message. one blaring omission from your less than word for word quote of my statement was that i used the premine to get some people to help me. i'm not gonna repeat my self any longer. the mods have access to the pm's, i'll let them settle it. enjoy life with your head up the ass of GasCoin and iGotSpots.

No, moderators cannot check your PMs, Admins can access PMs, although if you want them to see them you will have to report them. I've seen this a few times, and just wanted to clear that up, so as much as I'd love to read your weekend plans that you set up with your buddies via PM, Moderators can't.

I'm just saying, you two could just figure something out, and it would all be settled before anymore damage to reputation would be done.
iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 05:47:23 AM

YOU FUCK OFF TOO.  i didn't run any scam, you're all a bunch of faggots who jump on a bandwagon any chance you get. i deny scamming anyone, because i did not.

We have over 20 rigs and 140 mHash available. We had no problem securing the Spots network. All you had to do was ask if you needed me to run some nodes. Instead you just decided to premine and pay your friends.

Just sayin

iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 05:50:29 AM

Not entirely sure why this thread is here since there is another in scam accusation, so this thread may be removed once people migrate to the other here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=263994.0

Also, going to also put this here since people haven't yet realized to move there yet.

By his own admission he agreed to a clean genesis and delivered it premined, enough said.

Of course I have been watching the entire thing since it was in Alt Currencies. First off, Staff cannot give scammer tags, it has to be an admin just to clarify. Second, in order for r3wt to get the scammer tag there has to be a few things. (I'm sure I'm missing all sorts of criteria and conditions and such, but I'll make it short and sweet)

1) Loss of value/property etc, so yeah by ruining the coin which he was paid .4 BTC to make, I suppose there was a loss of value

ok, i was wrong to have done it without asking you're right. i just didn't want to admit that i would need some help getting the network ready. its also why i was late. we wanted the hashrate to be high enough to keep the coin from getting destroyed on launch. i still don't think it makes me a scammer for doing that though. i see where i was wrong, i just didn't want to admit it before, but to call me a scammer after i slaved all weekend to meet the deadline.

my whole issue was the way he turned on me and trashed me in the thread. thats very unproffesional.

r3wt did admit their wrong here, and it looks like once you two are done with the hurt feelings and flinging mud, you can probably work something out. I would try that before going for the scammer tag, it would save a whole lot of time for both and you could settle it. Also a "SCAMMER" in red letters next to someones name doesn't really get your BTC/Coin back, so its best to try and work something out first. If r3wt isn't willing to negotiate something, you would probably have more grounds for the scammer tag, but of course all of the evidence hasn't been piled yet, so maybe or maybe not.

TLDR: I would advise skipping the hours of compiling information to build your cases and going back and forth at each other, and try to work out a deal, *Cough cough* perhaps wiping the chain and starting fresh, refund, donating the premined coins to go to bounties, I'm sure you guys can figure something out.

Oh, and just as a P.S

its easy to cherry pick little parts of my message. one blaring omission from your less than word for word quote of my statement was that i used the premine to get some people to help me. i'm not gonna repeat my self any longer. the mods have access to the pm's, i'll let them settle it. enjoy life with your head up the ass of GasCoin and iGotSpots.

No, moderators cannot check your PMs, Theymos can get access to PMs, and you can report a PM which will then go to a Global Moderator. I've seen this a few times, and just wanted to clear that up, so as much as I'd love to read your weekend plans that you set up with your buddies via PM, Moderators can't.

I'm just saying, you two could just figure something out, and it would all be settled before anymore damage to reputation would be done.

Here's the attempt to remedy the situation:

You premined 100,000 coins in a coin that was supposed to have a block reward between 1-8 coins

The fact that you don't see a problem with it is even worse than what you've done

there are 200 million coins in the cap. .2% total coins in premine. do the math. the only one who seems to have a problem with it is you, not the countless people who are still mining the coin on the new client.

i'll give you a rundown of the stats.

Code:

17:02:39

getmininginfo

17:02:42

{
"blocks" : 35996,
"currentblocksize" : 0,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 0.00181911,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : false,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 0,
"networkhashps" : 1878882,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false
}

thats already 1.8 m/h on the new chain since we rolled out the fix.

You're right. We do have a problem with the premine. If we are the only ones, then that should show how honest and fair we are trying to be
I personally think premining a coin without the knowledge of the person paying you to program is the same as embezzling from a bank.   Illegal and fucked up.

spin it anyway you want, but i defend my choice to premine. i couldn't get anyone to help me start the network otherwise. it is what it is, and now we have money for bounties.

We paid you for no premine. You snuck one in. I will continue with my scammer accusations unless we re-release it with 0 premine and proper working rewards from block 1

Take the offer or just further prove you are a scammer

you are the only one crying about a premine. no one else is. you're just proving your inability to be reasoned with. if i start the coin with no premine block, i will still have to mine it until a network is formed. DUH!!! gonna be a premine either way you moron. the only difference is we'll be starting over from scratch and everyone will lose all the coins they've mined up until this point.

Don't feed me bullshit. We released Spots on block 4 and the first 3 had normal rewards

and it was 51%'d in less than a few hours because of the low hashrate. this coin had 10 m/h's on the network by the time i gave you the client. it would have taken a significant amount of hashrate to compromise the network, and there would be little gain. i also built in a time travel check so it couldn't be timetraveled. blocks older than 2 hours are seen as invalid and orphaned. you don't give me enough credit, i knew what i was doing the whole time. i purposely threw in that 100,000 coins as foresight from my first failed coin that had no premine. my next coin had hiccups but it was premined so i had enough coins to keep people interested while i ironed out the kinks. in short i know what i'm doing.

Yet you only control 25% of the premine since you split it among 4 random people. Get fucking real dude.

Do what you were paid to do and let us handle the rest. New genesis, 0 premine, or we expect a refund for our payment and you to get a scammer tag, which you will get. You already lost being a mod on the other forums, want to keep pushing your luck?

2. no refunds.

Lol, .4 BTC to me is literally nothing. I can find $40 in the fuckin seat of my car.  You are OPENLY admitting to taking payment, not doing what was asked, and on top of that, premining 100,000 coins because I said no premine, but apparently to you that means I get no premine, but you do.

I gave him options. Multiple times.  He took none of them.  Now he also had his mod status removed on altcointalk. Not sure how much more clear it can be. He's openly admitting this shit and proud of it

coinerd

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 05:57:14 AM

Oh, and just as a P.S

No, moderators cannot check your PMs, Theymos can get access to PMs, and you can report a PM which will then go to a Global Moderator. I've seen this a few times, and just wanted to clear that up, so as much as I'd love to read your weekend plans that you set up with your buddies via PM, Moderators can't.

Thanks for the update, just want to point out that I wasn't involved, and have only made three posts on the matter.  I think this thread is here because it's the original launch thread for the coin, and now the announcement of it's death.

No implication about you salty from where I'm at admin are staff. It seems the rules are clear, I don't know if there's any time frame for reparations. I wouldn't expect anyone to throw out a scammer tag in the first few hours anyways.  But so far r3wt's posts have been pretty clear on the matter. He's not denying it and said at least once there's no way he's paying it back.

I assume, that once a reasonable time period has passed without him paying - the tag will be a given in a case where he's clearly admitted to what he did.

If he pays it back, well we all talk a little shit around here now and then, right? Wink

Each of us is entitled to our business decisions, and how they affect our future.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: