Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 10:12:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to overcome depression?  (Read 2546 times)
offthecuff

Activity: 238
Merit: 23

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:26:47 AM

I don't think anyone is every really cured of depression they just learn enough coping mechanisms to allow them to live with it. Think of it as a screeching monkey that's always on your back, you can learn to ignore it but it's never gone.

Support networks of family and friends have seemed to help suffers that I know.
Jaemouns

Activity: 274
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:40:49 AM

For me as what i have experience to overcome depression is you should divert your mind and think what's  the past  good memories as what you have experience to make you happy.
And simply think your family because for me family is the root of happiness.
cherryganda

Activity: 728
Merit: 131

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:45:22 AM

Hi, I just wanna ask how to overcome depression? I have a friend and she keeps telling me that she don't to live anymore and that it is better to die, she has lot of problems but she just keep it on her own, she is so depress and i can't find the right words to make her feel better. And also can't a person overcome depression on his/her own?
to defeat depression!
let the one not be alone anytime, all the time!
let them feel that they are not alone and they are worth living the world day by day.
love is the most comfortable thing to feel on the down of anyone.
bring all the good memories and happiness that happened before and make it alive today with the victim of depression.
alibaba2756

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:49:28 AM

If you are his/her true friend or you are really concern about her, guide her/him.
Ask her to chill out or you can do things together that can be his/her interest to persuade her/him on getting depressed.
Depressed people needs someone to talk to or be just there beside them in order for them not to feel alone.
If they are alone (depressed people), they tend to think worse and worst that may cause them to be suicidal.

But the best way to overcome depression for this is to PRAY. Teach them to give all to God and He will do the rest.
bryanvillaverio

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:39:05 AM

Hi, I just wanna ask how to overcome depression? I have a friend and she keeps telling me that she don't to live anymore and that it is better to die, she has lot of problems but she just keep it on her own, she is so depress and i can't find the right words to make her feel better. And also can't a person overcome depression on his/her own?
Its not easy as u think dude but I promise u if u do this he or she will get out of that depression thing. 1st get  some mirror and tell him to play rock paper csor with the mirror and tell him to don't lose with that mirror or I will kill you. Its effective I tried it many times.
izzabel

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:02:01 AM

Listen to your favorite songs, play games, and have fun with your family
Don_Juego

Activity: 30

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:14:54 AM

Never give up bro. Do smth new, visit new places, choose new ways. It is very hard at the beggining, u will feel like "what am i fucking doing? i only wanna lay on the sofa and enjoy depression "
Changes never come simply, when u think how to overcome depression. U should DO. Smile struggling, move on struggling
xvids

Activity: 1176
Merit: 301

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:42:25 AM

You should continue to talk to her make her feel that there is someone who cares for her,
Make her realize that there is a lot of reason to live to enjoy her life .

JacLuck

Activity: 104

Bitcoin|||Altscoin

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:57:02 AM

She cannot overcome it on her own, she need as someone to talk to, a psychologist, family member or friends,
She need a proper guidance,
When somebody says he or she wants to die, it a Red signal that she or he need a great help or worst
Requim

Activity: 166
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:15:48 PM

I have read somewhere here in the forum that trading had caused him or her to be depressed. So, it is a good thing to discuss these matters here since we are dealing with something that can cause us to be depressed. I have a link here that can help, https://daneel.io/ can guide anyone in order to be successful and to avoid depression.
chrmn27

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:34:54 PM

How to survive depression? Well it is a difficult task to do. First, you should have the willingness to overcome it. Second, there must be someone who shall cheer you up. The concept of having friends comes in. Third, find your meaning. Dig your meaning. Don't lose hope. It is better to look for things that can make you smile, laugh, entertained and be comfortable.
Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:50:10 PM

Overcoming depression is no easy task. The best thing a person with depression can do is seek for professional help. Some of them have no reason to be depressed about but they still are. It is a mental disorder that needs to take care of at its first stage, before it’s too late.
rerek007

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:34:48 PM

Having depression is very hard and its not very easy to overcome. Listening to your friend is one of the most important way to make her feel that she's not alone. Let her know that you are always there for here. because people with depression needs help and your friend needs you.
Pussycatdollsexy69

Activity: 45

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 03:39:10 PM

Depression is the one of the scary thing, because it can make people end his life (suicide) if he can't manage it.
So, the best thing to overcome depression is praying. When people feel near and comfort with the God, the depression will go away.
bibi91011

Activity: 135

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:27:04 PM

Happiness comes from within. It is something that you bring to the world not something the world brings to you. Try to bring some joy to the world every day.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
squog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:32:33 PM

Personally i haven't experienced this and hopefully i won't have to. But i know of people who did. I believe that this person should reach out to other people and have a person whom they could trust enough to open up. After such, better themselves. Go to the gym, pick up a hobby, study something new and go out clubbing stuff like that to actually build your confidence and redirect their negative energy to something actually positive

dyablo

Activity: 191

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:07:41 AM

overcome depression by repenting to God and religion. there must be someone who always guides him for the right path.

We all know that depression is mental illness that needs an immidiate action, because sometimes it might lead to suicide/death. And to stay away from it,  just have someone trusted to talk to, voice out all your problems that depresses you, and most of all, prayer to our God is the best way to overcome all your depression, ask for His guidance.
marinomario

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:14:14 AM

One of the worst feelings caused by depression is a sense of helplessness. Depression may make you feel a loss of control over anything in your life. Take back the control by learning as much as you can about depression. read about the problems they might cause to be anticipated, find out the available treatments, practice the ability to cope with depression, and find a trusted doctor or therapist. you can also find friends in arms through the site or forum on the internet and read the story of his struggle in overcoming depression .

agapot

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:16:44 AM

Prayer is powerful.pray in all times god will never leave you nor forsake you.he is faithful to us all the time.
icreative998

Activity: 79

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:44:07 AM

Depressions aren't all the same, just like people aren't all alike. About a third of depressions will lift on their own after weeks or months with no intervention. Another third benefit somewhat from treatment, but not enough to lift them out of their depression. Finally, there is an unlucky third group that won't respond to conventional treatment at all.

There are a number of things you can do to help your friend out:

- Physical exercise, from walking and on upwards, is one of the most effective means of combatting depression, and has been shown to be just as effective as antidepressants (for mild and moderate depressions -- severe clinical depression can be so damning that an affected person might not even respond to questions or orient towards a speaker, never mind get out of bed.

- Make activities easier for her to do. Like some wise man said a couple of posts above, doing this will always help. But its unlikely that she will initiative such things herself. Perhaps you could buy some movie tickets and bring them over to her in your car/carshare, so all she has to do is roll out of bed and into the taxi.

- Meditation helps many people with depression, because it enables you to view your emotions at a distance, rather than as a permanent part of yourself.

- Even being in nature for small amount of time seems to help.

- Some depressions are aggravated by diet, since your gut has more than 100 million neurons which also produce neurotransmitters relevant to depression, including serotonin, dopamine, oxytocin and GABA. Eating healthier can have a rather large effect rather quickly.
oh my god, you really are a very enthusiastic person. You must have overcome the difficult times of depression. Thank you very much, I have applied your advice to overcome the depression, I have also partially reduced. Thank you very much from the helpful advice. Hope that when you encounter difficulties then there will be people who will enthusiastically help you as you help us.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: