Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:26:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IS CRYPTO TRADING ADDICTION?  (Read 4449 times)
adekogbe

Activity: 854
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 08:06:40 AM

Gambling is addictive, and a lot of crypto traders do it blindly with no prior  information or data backing up their trades making it seem pretty much like gambling.
However with gambling you can win or loose, if you loose the way to make recover is to gamble again & you may loose again... Its best to avoid the practice than to have yourself chasing trends and stuck to your PC every hour.

No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vividbery

Activity: 221
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 08:17:39 AM

You need to reduce risk when investing and trading in crypto. Its a high risk investment which could give you a great earning but also could make you poor.
orisbar

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 08:23:40 AM

I think it could become and addiction due to the fact the price changes so much. I think that maybe what led to the man committing suicide was him throwing all his money into crypto and sadly he didn't see a way out.
dmyddtun

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 08:25:21 AM

This may have nothing to do with the deal, and I think it may be that his transaction losses have exceeded the scope he can bear, and one can easily collapse in a desperate situation.
tthuynhutran213

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:46:29 AM

I don't think crypto trading is an addiction. Cause if you have money then you can start investing but if you don't then you don't have any choice looking through it.
Lexurdania

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:09:37 AM

I heard about a guy in Moscow, who jumped out of the window, because he lost all his money in crypto investments and trading. So, do we have a new free heroin here? Is it possible to get addicted to crypto? 

I think he suicide because lossing his trade or his money on crypto not because addiction on crypto. I think its different. But if we are making profits on cryptomarket, i think i will get addiction  Grin

[ M p l a z a ]                  Metaverse with NFT  |  ▼ social events
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ A virtual hangout place forshopping    
discordtelegramtwitter  [ JOIN NOW ] |  ▼ culture        
benjamin11

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:16:45 AM

Maybe for some people who lose control on themselves, but in general, I dont think so. People just become addictive because they always want more. When people is not contented anymore thats the time they become addict. Crypto trading is good and there is a lot of opportunity there. You just have to know its risk before you enter it.
lazy.cat98

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 12:32:51 PM

it is possible that some people may not be able to control their emotions. In trading which is mostly speculative, traders are always asked to put in only what they can afford to lose to avoid this kind of ugly situation. 
mcdofus234

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 12:36:08 PM

i dont know if addiction is the right word to use. i would say you can get obsessive with trading and this business but not addicted
mariskarai75

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 06:57:49 AM

People get addicted to the sensations they get while trading. For example I get addicted of the pleasure of winning, but if I lose I get pissed off and I stop. Even for years.
allycn

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:14:55 AM

I heard about a guy in Moscow, who jumped out of the window, because he lost all his money in crypto investments and trading. So, do we have a new free heroin here? Is it possible to get addicted to crypto? 

I have yet to do any trading in my crypto currency, but I guess the rush you get from making an insane profit from something must be awesome. Addiction wise, I wouldn't compare it with drugs though. However, if you have an addictive personality, it is certainly possible to become addicted to trading (just like people who becomes addicted to gambling).
seek4dream

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:36:45 AM

If a person is used to trade stocks, he will be crazy while trading cryptocurrency.
He might find it hard to fall asleep, since the market in open 24/7.
Francis Freeman

Activity: 1005
Merit: 502

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:40:21 AM

I think it's not crypto trading that is addictive, but the act of making money / gambling.

I agree with you. Many people don't invest in cryptocoins, but rather they consider the act of buying and selling a sort of gambling. And, yes, we all know gambling is a pathological addiction.
It's not cryptocoins' fault, but rather a weakness such people have in their minds.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
nadbucs

Activity: 182
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 09:45:35 AM

I think it's not crypto trading that is addictive, but the act of making money / gambling.
I agreed on your short but precise comment. It is not about addiction it is about greediness and wanted to get rich in a short period of time. We do not know exactly what happen to him so we don't have the right to judge him. We don't even know the real reason why he did this unacceptable act. But if it is due to huge lose because of crypto then he maybe did a very wrong decision such as investing all he have without further research.
ajaymukund

Activity: 784

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 09:49:44 AM

I do not think the guy in Moscow is addicted to Crypto. Just because he lost all his money, he committed suicide.
His death demonstrates a lack of self-confidence. He is young, he can do many things and earn more money than he lost.
The lesson learned from this story is that we should not surrender to all difficulties.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
hihitao40

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 01:01:30 AM

I think addiction is a strong term but I guess for some people that is probably the case. I think for the large majority of us, we all just like to make money. In fact, we NEED to make money to support ourselves and our family (if you have one.) The other thing (for me anyways) is it is a new and exciting adventure. It sounds corny but we truly are creating history.
phasngvx866

Activity: 40

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:18:05 AM

its not addiction,its just like a hobby that makes your money multiply.
loof99

Activity: 524
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:21:12 AM

Yes, cryptocurrency trading addiction is eventually happen because when you gain a huge amount of income or profits again and again
the mindset of the investors is to gain a lots of income and she/he cant observe what happens to him/her environment because of the obsession in terms of money
Dcoollakky247

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:07:08 PM

It is possible to get addicted to Crypto but doing so, you should put it at the back of your mind that you're there to make profit or loss. You should also understand the power of pause when you're losing. People tend to forget that everyday is not a Christmas where you always make profit in trading, there will be a time where you lose and so a time where you recover your loss.
eugenefonts

Activity: 364
Merit: 18

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:12:27 PM

Its possible  to get addicted to crypto especially  when you are always winning  in trading and lucky to crypto investments and bounties😂. But when you always lose,  scam and burn you feel your self that you are like curse. Crypto is different from stock market its very volatile market in just glimpse  of an eye you could profit high but you could be burn fast too. So research well and  feed your self with useful infromation and gather knowledge  of others. Be patient and wise.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: