Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:52:03 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: All my money in 1 altcoin - Too risky?  (Read 7671 times)
TokenForUs

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

Ccfound

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:14:10 AM

Why ? Its too risky..always diversify your investment. Dont put your egg in one basket.

Chrizz

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:28:51 AM

Just because i'm curious, did you do it? and how did it work out by now?
kalph22

Activity: 121
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:32:01 AM

Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks
Yes, you should not go all in on only one project, it's to risky to invest in only one project. The smart move is to split it on other project, in this kind of strategy the risks that may occur will go less or lower the risk.
jeanpierre

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:18:54 AM

I used to only have all my money in my altcoin, it got pumped up hard and then I diversify a lot after that. I think it's risky to only have 1 coin but if you are lucky you can make big gains.

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]               Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program               [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●     TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
jingyang

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 01:44:22 PM

I think there is no risk it may make sense to invest in one altcoin if you do a good analysis
for example, investing only in waves will not be risky

▬▬▬▬▬      ▬     iCumulate         Investing in the future together           ▬      ▬▬▬▬▬
WHITEPAPER  ]     ████     PRESALE  /  Nov 30th - Dec 7th     ████     [   ONE PAGER   ]
▬      ▬▬▬▬▬     Twitter     ●     Facebook     ●     Telegram     ●     Medium     ▬▬▬▬▬      ▬
Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:51:25 PM

I think there is no risk it may make sense to invest in one altcoin if you do a good analysis

That's a terrible advice!

Investing is risky, period!

Investing in crypto is very risky, period!

Investing in a single crypto coin is just silly, period!

boranes

Activity: 644
Merit: 253

Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 03:57:45 PM

Why ? Its too risky..always diversify your investment. Dont put your egg in one basket.
It depends. IF OP want to buy bitcoin, ether, monero ETC then he should go all in. If he want to try different approach then he should spread funds in lots cheap low cap altcoins which are few cents up to maximal value of half dollar.
So what are you doing here?

░░░░░▄██░██░██▄        ████████████████▄     ███▄░░░░░░░▄███
░░░▄███▀░██░▀███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████     ▀████░░░░░████▀
░▄███▀░░░██░░░▀███▄  ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███     ░▀████░░░████▀░
▄███▀░░░░██░░░░▀███▄ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███     ░░▀██▀░▄████▀░░
███▀░░░░░██░░░░░▀███ ░░░█████████████▀     ░░░▀░▄█████▀░░░
████░░░░░██░░░░░████ ░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀         ░░░▄███████▄░░░
▀████░░░░░░░░░░████▀ ░░░░░░░░░░░████         ░░▄████░████▄░░
░▀████░░░░░░░░████▀   ░░░░░░░░░░░░████       ░▄████░░░████▄░
░░░▀███▄░░░░▄███▀       ░░░░░░░░░░░░░████     ▄████░░░░░████▄
░░░░░  ██████▀           ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██     ███▀░░░░░░░▀███
The Future of Gaming Comission
FreeGames And Items Exchange
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bribed

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:10:29 PM

Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks

Indeed, its too risky to put all the funds you have into one altcoin. Rule of thumb while investing: never put all eggs in one basket! I would diversify my portfolio at least 33%/33%/33%.
burdeN

Activity: 364
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:14:58 PM

I think you can put 50% of your investments in your project if you really believe in it. But other 50% I would invest in some promising alts out of top 100, which are very cheap now and can give you great profits in a year or so.
wanderloy

Activity: 182

PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:31:43 PM

Indeed and it's too risky because you are dependent on one Altcoin whether it pump or dump.
It's wiser if your making portfolio in order to maintain your profit, if others are dropping then the other coins are pumping. This way you won't lose your money in any circumstances.

Trimegistus
Legendary

Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:57:08 PM

It depends. IF OP want to buy bitcoin, ether, monero ETC then he should go all in. If he want to try different approach then he should spread funds in lots cheap low cap altcoins which are few cents up to maximal value of half dollar.
So what are you doing here?

I'm taking risks! But definitively not betting everything in a single asset...

Stavri

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:04:28 PM

Because you investment is not high for crypto world it is a way to increase your balance for a while. If you believe in this project it is quite ok to all in one.
liivii

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:26:29 PM

Just split your capital depending on how much it is, if your capital is about $500 just split it into 5 coins so that no matter what happens to one of your coins like become busted you have another coins to look at. Investing in 1 alt coin is too risky because when the time that coin dump all of your money will be gone. Remember if you want to invest in some alt coins, you must study first the coin and if you feel the will coin will be successful in the future.
Lanatsa

Activity: 2870
Merit: 657

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:33:30 PM

Just split your capital depending on how much it is, if your capital is about $500 just split it into 5 coins so that no matter what happens to one of your coins like become busted you have another coins to look at. Investing in 1 alt coin is too risky because when the time that coin dump all of your money will be gone. Remember if you want to invest in some alt coins, you must study first the coin and if you feel the will coin will be successful in the future.
Splitting up will really reduce the risk on getting broke or suffer too much loss because you did decide go all in. It isnt really bad anytime but make it sure that you do know the risk behind it once the price dip down. You wont really able to recover up easily since you would really wait up for the price to recover not just like on splitting up which incase theres a loss you can easily make back up plans and recovery into another coin profits.                                                                                                                     

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
rasho321

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:41:31 PM

Of course it is! If that altcoin strats to go low you will lose lots of money. Always diversificate your portfolio
Hammonds

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:56:38 PM

Hi,

Thanks
Investing with all the funds we have in one currency is very risky, at least use some of your funds and keep the rest for the reserve because in our investments will not always have a straight path.
DanWagner

Activity: 214

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:45:43 PM

Depends on the risk you like to take. I hold most in 1 altcoin because i believe the price is to low right now and with the right moves i can skyrocket.
But it is very risky, even though i like the team and the tech a lot can go wrong , but it will have the best returns to be invested big.
minus_one_crypto

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:24:26 PM

Experienced traders do not advise doing this. But sometimes I do it because I am completely sure of the coin I buy. It brings me big profits right away.

Thepoint

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:25:00 PM

The problem would be that the altcoin in which he has invested  could fall in price then could be better to diversify and decrease the risk of that way.
WarrenShitcoinBuffett

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:28:36 PM

I do it all the time, but I stare at charts all day, with risk comes great reward.
I never do it with shitcoins though, going all in on some shitcoin on an exchange no one has heard of is stupid and risky, don't be stupid.  Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: