Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 02:08:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop Loss Trading  (Read 2361 times)
rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:22:35 PM

You must use Stop loss for each trade.

Hey everyone.  Do any of you professional traders out there have advice on the best situations to use stop-loss in a trade?  It would be much appreciated.

ricseb

Indeed, I put a stop loss of 10%-20% on every trade I encountered because when bitcoin pumps hard all the altcoins will surely dump and takes time to recover or or even not. Its better to put some stop loss than to wait forever to pump back the coin you bought.
10% of stop loss is very big, dude
I always target only 3% if I lose.  I just think maybe if only loss about 3% alone I can get it back from another coin.
But if for 10-20% it is too far for me, I am not a big capital owner, so I really regret if you have to lose 10-20% of your initial trading capital.
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:23:34 PM

Hey everyone.  Do any of you professional traders out there have advice on the best situations to use stop-loss in a trade?  It would be much appreciated.

ricseb

I'm not a professional trader, to be honest I don't even trade, but that doesn't mean that I don't feel very curious about it, and I usually spend a lot of time researching on the subject. You must check the trends and look for the past prices that managed to act as a level of support in the past. Usually when these levels break, you will see the price declining a lot. It's like platforms, when a support breaks, the price will likely fall to the next level of support bellow the one that just broke. So by setting your stop loss slightly bellow a level of support, you will protect yourself from that fall.

After the fall, you should look for indicators that will tell you that the trend is reversing. You should buy your position again, put a stop loss on the level of support, and probably take some profit on the previous support that broke (and that served as your stoop loss that got filled in the past, since it will now act as resistance). If that resistance breaks, then you should let your profit ride, and change your stop loss to that new level, and just keep doing that.

This is just basic stuff, but it actually works, and if you keep looking at the charts and test you will slowly start learning on how to do this.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Slash61

Activity: 633
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:38:42 PM

I am someone new to the world of trading, I try to do research on important things that I need to know about trading, one of them is this.
I read the guidebook in search engine google when I suffered losses at least I have to stoploss when mecapai 5-10%.
this is important, but if you know the price will go back to the beginning you should do is buy back, then you will have the advantage of both.

Traderbtcc

Activity: 1190
Merit: 123

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:55:00 PM

I am someone new to the world of trading, I try to do research on important things that I need to know about trading, one of them is this.
I read the guidebook in search engine google when I suffered losses at least I have to stoploss when mecapai 5-10%.
this is important, but if you know the price will go back to the beginning you should do is buy back, then you will have the advantage of both.

Stoploss isn't a "guaranteed" strategy. In the crypto space, The volatility rate is too high which means Stoploss isn't foolproof. For me, I prefer to let it dip, maybe buy more dips to cut my losses.

icons6

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:09:11 AM

If we do trading,it is import that we know how to use "stop loss".The essence of stop loss in trading is to prevent more loss.That is why,we need to how to use it.In trading the forex,do not forget to use the stop loss strategy.And we need to be a brilliant trader.
Alex_nutis

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

Thank you for +Merit

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:39:09 AM

I can say about the exchange bitfinex. Pay attention to the history of trading in coins: there are such falls that you can stay without a deposit share. On other exchanges stop the loss rescue.

BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:42:45 AM

Hi and welcome.
Stop loss is a built-in trading order that helps you to risk management.

What it actually does, you decide a price level that below that your trade will be closed, and a trigger sell order at x price( you choose X) will be excecuted.
It is really helpful at situations when you are pretty sure that if a coin goes below X level( usually X is really close to a strong support level) then it would decrease in price even further, so in order to prevent yourself to exit the trade with a massive lose, the stop lose order triggers and exits you from the trade automatically.
mico

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:44:53 AM

you have to need more experience to know. You need to see coins future by research the history and follow the information in the market to make right decision

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
yohaneshs

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:13:51 AM

Hey everyone.  Do any of you professional traders out there have advice on the best situations to use stop-loss in a trade?  It would be much appreciated.

ricseb

You should learn about support and resistance to applicate stop loss in market.
sometimes we must calculate average price and lowest price in graph but sometimes we must know trending at the market.
stop loss just to minimize your lose in market, so every trader has a plan about percentage and maximum loses.
St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:26:44 AM

You are not lost anything until you sell them so never sell for loss,just keep your coins when the prices are dumping.Another basic or golden rule is Buy low and sell high this is the strategy we have to follow if we don't want to lose while trading.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
██████████████████   █████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:47:26 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2018, 05:19:15 PM by Theb

I cannot recommend anyone to use the stop-loss feature in an exchange as you will literally incur what was before your paper loss. I would rather do a preset of stop gain where you can still profit from your trade as it is still better than losing money. Before in trading I am practicing stop loss in my trades but then that is when I notice that it is slowly taking away my gains that is why I created a better plan in which I set my target prices so that I know when to sell.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
██████████████████   █████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
natsu01

Activity: 392
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:39:34 AM

There are really some traders that always loss their money in trading because of not having a good strategies or techniques in trading. If you buy some crypto you must focus on the crypto that you are hooldings so that you can be updated when is the pump or dump of your altcoin.
gwapo.zylle

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:56:51 AM

ricseb

Yes I agree because we need some views of other professionals for us to determine which is which in that case we will be guided for your help.
Thanks !
Manchumichael

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:59:17 AM

I cannoy recomment anyone to use the stop-loss feature in an exchange as you will literally incur what was before your paper loss. I would rather do a preset of stop gain where you can still profit from your trade as it is still better than losing money. Before in trading I am practicing stop loss in my trades but then that is when I notice that it is slowly taking away my gains that is why I created a better plan in which I set my target prices so that I know when to sell.
This method is only advisable for experts in trading. A small capital traders will do 3 to 5% margin, and big capital trades will do more than 10%. But I am not an expert in trading I tried this method but not succeed lost few bucks. Now I am making a normal trade, and I will never sell my coins for loss.
DexterRock

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:21:15 PM

Stop loss is very important in trading because that feature will be reduce the loss and to minimize the risk. And percentase of stop loss should be less than take profit, for example stop loss 20% and take profit 35%. Stop loss very important in crypto trading because fluktuasion of crypto so high.

At the same time 20% move in a cryptocurrency price is not unusual and almost guarantees that your stop loss will be hit. Yes however it does limit your losses to the stop loss level.

BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:27:53 PM

Stop loss is very important in trading because that feature will be reduce the loss and to minimize the risk. And percentase of stop loss should be less than take profit, for example stop loss 20% and take profit 35%. Stop loss very important in crypto trading because fluktuasion of crypto so high.

At the same time 20% move in a cryptocurrency price is not unusual and almost guarantees that your stop loss will be hit. Yes however it does limit your losses to the stop loss level.

It really depends on what coin you are looking at.
Bitcoin's fluctuations are not so strong compared to other altcoins, so if you trade at bitcoin 5%-10% stop loss could also do the work.

In order to use stop loss correctly you need to have some knowledge at trading, you need to find the right support level and to place the stop loss below that/close to that, so the stop loss will be enabled when you have an advantage over the market.

Usually placing stop loss without knowing exactly where you place it would do worse then good.

gantez

Activity: 1736
Merit: 121

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:02:08 PM

Hey everyone.  Do any of you professional traders out there have advice on the best situations to use stop-loss in a trade?  It would be much appreciated.

ricseb

Stop loss is one strategy that makes a trader to have another opportunity to take another shot at the market, it is considered as one of the important tools for an "experienced" trader. In order words, if you stop your loss when market turns against you, you can re-enter the market and regain your lose but you can lose everything if you do an open trade and this is caused by greed and immaturity in the market.

Use stop loss in every trade you order, it helps.
thenachoguy

Activity: 36

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:14:06 PM

easy make two orders for each coin you wanna trade; one to sell in high price and other to buy in low price so you are winner in both cases of dump or pump. This is my strategy for my trades

But you lose themoney from one trade and gain from the other, so you end up even, what's the point of it '
Magnum Cryptopus

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:11:31 PM

Stop loss can be a good strategy, but it can be very dangerous.
Actually, as all trading softwares have this kind of protection, in crisis situation a chain reaction will stars, usually with devastating results.
Fatunad

Activity: 2282
Merit: 356

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:23:40 PM

I cannot recommend anyone to use the stop-loss feature in an exchange as you will literally incur what was before your paper loss. I would rather do a preset of stop gain where you can still profit from your trade as it is still better than losing money. Before in trading I am practicing stop loss in my trades but then that is when I notice that it is slowly taking away my gains that is why I created a better plan in which I set my target prices so that I know when to sell.
Having a stop loss isnt bad but those things should really be putted on reasonable ranges or spot 10-15% might do because markets arent predictable anytime it can go into opposite side which means when it hits up your SL then it would minimize loss. It would really decrease profits but yet much better since not all profits being affected. Stop gain is always been used but mostly i do make use this on long term trades.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: