Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:29:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop Loss Trading  (Read 2360 times)
orka39

Activity: 168
Merit: 47

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:15:57 AM

Hey everyone.  Do any of you professional traders out there have advice on the best situations to use stop-loss in a trade?  It would be much appreciated.

ricseb

Stop loss is very advice in trading.
But As i know, stop loss in cryptocurrency trading is very unique. I mean stop loss is till the price zero.
No more people use stop loss in crypto trading because the price will be back to high price again. Thats typical crypto trading.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
albos

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:22:17 AM

fluctuation of cryptocurrency trading is high so a stop loss is a must.
Percentage of stop loss should be less than take profit, for example stop loss 15% and take profit 20%.
ShineftChaos

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

I LOVE ADABS

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 08:06:41 PM

Hey everyone.  Do any of you professional traders out there have advice on the best situations to use stop-loss in a trade?  It would be much appreciated.

ricseb

If you want to stop loss on trading then just hold your coins for today and wait for the price in the market to pump up again, in this way you will avoid losing more of your coins since the market prices are still dumping.

lushlife

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:02:42 PM

Learning to use stop-loss is very important, because stop-loss minimize our loss. 2-5% for day trade is great
iram1011

Activity: 896
Merit: 521

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:14:46 PM

ricseb
Protective stop loss are very important in trading for maintaining risk-reward ratio. I can't tell you exactly where to put stop losses as it needs to be combined with technical factors at that particular market condition. One should consider the volatility of market while choosing a stop loss. More the volatility, loser should be the stop loss. But here also a trade off exists, a stop loss can't be placed too close/far which can lead to unwanted liquidation/huge loss. You need to find a middle ground which can only be analysed using technical analysis.

So, you can't ask others where to place your stop loss, you need to figure it out yourself depending upon the market condition and how risky the trade is.
george888055

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:30:36 PM

If you are to use a stop loss in play, there is no guarantee that your order will actually be matched.
Wajan

Activity: 117
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:31:58 PM

I think so too we must Stop Trading Losses, because if we trade loss we will never get income, here we have to earn profits in trading, the key is just be patient and keep trying.
mast3rm1nd

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 03:39:39 PM

it takes a lot of guts and commitment to successfully use stop loss trading. I set up my trades usually as a 2:1 trades and commit to a stop loss at 10% if the price get lower than that then I need to reconsider my calculations, because I try to buy dips.

FANCHAIN  (by SportsCastr) [FORBES]  Backed by Former NBA Commissioner  DAVID STERN
ANN Thread Telegram Twitter Whitepaper
NOW LIVE!
cryptolidus

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 08:37:42 PM

It is important how to pick stop-loss percentage to prevent as much downside risk as possible. It depends on history analyses how much a coin fluctuate and Your trading style as well.  When active trading usually use 5-10% , while trading long term using 15-20 % stop loss.

Lanatsa

Activity: 2828
Merit: 648

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 08:47:41 PM

ricseb
Protective stop loss are very important in trading for maintaining risk-reward ratio. I can't tell you exactly where to put stop losses as it needs to be combined with technical factors at that particular market condition. One should consider the volatility of market while choosing a stop loss. More the volatility, loser should be the stop loss. But here also a trade off exists, a stop loss can't be placed too close/far which can lead to unwanted liquidation/huge loss. You need to find a middle ground which can only be analysed using technical analysis.

So, you can't ask others where to place your stop loss, you need to figure it out yourself depending upon the market condition and how risky the trade is.
Stop loss is suggested anytime but the question is on how deep would you set it out? This would really be hard and depending on traders bankroll on how much he would willing to risk out for a possible gain. The thing i dont link on having stop loss is that this crypto market is really prone on breaking or eating up anytime stop losses which it would always result into negative and breaking even would be really hard.If you dont like for your SL to be eaten i dont really set it out but its too risky because it can burn your account in an instant.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Koro-Sensei

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:04:45 PM

ricseb
If there was a way to stop losing to every trade then no one would complain and gather information about crypto's anymore. Stopping a loss in trading which can't be stopped isn't your fault it's either a bad timing or a correction on a coin. Would take a lot of efforts and experience to stop a loss in trading even for professionals they can't stop a dumping rate unless they endure or sell it then purchase another set of coin.
Shenrox

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:47:13 PM

You seriously need to start using stopp loss if you are really looking to be a serious trader that is going to be in here for years, so take it seriously

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [   CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH    ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper    ||  BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD  ||    One Pager 
Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  [[   TOKEN SALE is LIVE   ]]  Medium  Youtube  Reddit
bennie4

Activity: 224
Merit: 21

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 10:27:15 PM

ricseb
I believe that with a market that is in the downtrend stage for the time being, it is very difficult to trade successfully. To lose a profit safely and minimize the risk I believe you should trade short-term by day and always have a specific trading plan. The bitcoin price is fluctuating continuously so I just leave a 3% stoploss.
developer101dev

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 10:33:24 PM

ricseb
I believe that with a market that is in the downtrend stage for the time being, it is very difficult to trade successfully. To lose a profit safely and minimize the risk I believe you should trade short-term by day and always have a specific trading plan. The bitcoin price is fluctuating continuously so I just leave a 3% stoploss.

Trading in the market is not the best thing to do right now, you should keep your coins or invest more because the market price is continuously dumping, patience is very important in order to avoid losing a huge amount of your coins.
muratdur

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 08:36:59 PM

it takes a lot of guts and commitment to successfully use stop loss trading. I set up my trades usually as a 2:1 trades and commit to a stop loss at 10% if the price get lower than that then I need to reconsider my calculations, because I try to buy dips.

This is like the easier way to trade and also it is helping me to keep calm because I know that I would not get up tomorrow in the morning and see that I have lost $10,000 in wild one night Smiley

NOIZ
⇐ ● A decentralized cognitive ad network ● ⇒
○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK ○ ○ ○
Camorra Dev

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 08:44:18 AM

It is great to use this principle because it is my worst nightmare to get up in the morning and see all of my funds just gone.  and stop loss trading would prevent this.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 04:02:59 PM

I think so too we must Stop Trading Losses, because if we trade loss we will never get income, here we have to earn profits in trading, the key is just be patient and keep trying.
Trading loss does not mean you will not get anything as that depends on your own trading pattern.

If you know you just want to be an investor, then you surely do not have anything to do with stop loss as you can just take advantage of more of the lows to just simply buy more, but for stop loss, it is something regular traders have to inculcate in their trade.

The idea is to find better spots when you simply have the assurance the market is going lower than you bought it based on some break in support. Nevertheless, it is not everyone that will know that as they may simply not have the knowledge to trade in the first place which is why some people just end up settling for being patient.
Innerpumper

Activity: 1021
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2018, 04:12:40 PM

of course, very important cut loss in trading. Present conditions cut loss is a thing that should be used by the trade so that they can reduce the loss of their trade.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▀██▄                  |        TWITTER        |      TELEGRAM      |        DISCORD        |                  ▄██▀
▀█▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄█▀
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 05:03:43 PM

ricseb

Whenever I think the market may be down Then I gave stop loss.When the Bitcoin is pumping, the altcoins are likely to be dumping.Altcoins are pump when bitcoin stable.Stop loss will generally use 10%-15%.
Placing of stop loss is the ability to identify support and resistances. It is normal for coins or tokens to bounce from a support and show some reversal sign or price action to buy at that support, but below that support is where anyone wants to be stopping loss as that gives it more room to go try the next one just in case it breaks the previous one. Nothing is certain in the market and that is where the stop loss comes in handy most of the time.
Hell-raiser

Activity: 462
Merit: 515

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 06:34:52 PM

ricseb

I don't think you will find a lot of professional traders here, apart from self-proclaimed ones, of course. With that said, the question is not about stop-losses as such. You can use them or you can not use them, and you may be right in either case. It all depends on what you are doing and what your aims, long term or otherwise, are. Stop-losses are just a tool of getting out of a situation when things get out of control. In other words, you can't generally say whether they are good or bad.

For example, if you bought a couple bitcoins at 20k and don't really care if the price hits zero tomorrow and Bitcoin itself kicks the bucket the day after, then stop-losses are meaningless to you. On the other hand, if the price crash is not what you are happy about, then existing a position as soon as possible is likely the only way of action and reaction which you should take.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: