Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:33:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 157 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will ICO die in 2018?  (Read 11512 times)
MaskOffFuture

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:31:38 PM

One of the problems can be the procedure of customer identification (KYC). Most investors tend to anonymity of their personality. Because of this, future projects may lose potential investors.
I think it is not a big problem for ICO, because more than 95% of investors do not hide their person, so KYC will quickly become a compulsory
stage in all campaigns.

KYC should be conducted for the security of the investors and other participants like venture capitals and corporations. This will make ICO even more secure compared to current unknown situation.
macchiato

Activity: 420
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:40:13 PM

Let us not assume things like this. It is just the beginning of this year and assuming something so horrible jut because it started that way is not healthy for our minds. There are even more bigger dumps way back and coins were able to recover. Let us just all wait for their recovery and let us be patient. Coins will not die because there are still several people supporting them.

Tashi

Activity: 391
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:45:50 PM

I don't think so because as time goes by more and more people are investing in ICO although there are also lot of scams we should be very careful to where we invest our money. But there are promising ICO which are legitimate and have a real potential in their projects. ICO are new trend for big investment we just need to be careful and i know that someday it will grow and become successful. so there is no possibility that it will die anytime soon.

I agree, the potentiality of ICOs are strong enough to make it 2018 another door for new investors. I don’t think that ICO will die in 2018, what I’m actually seeing is that more people would be interested in ICOs. But we must still keep in mind that we have to make sure that our investments would be on good and legitimate projects

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
ansh_848

Activity: 182
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:59:11 PM

Its already 2018 so there is nothing like ICO will die in 2018. Now a days its growing and even new ICO are coming. So i don't think ICO will die.
siguria

Activity: 90
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:10:06 PM

It is obvious that ICO`s in 2018 are gonna need to be more qualitative and promise something more to people than the previous ones.
Leyss

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:41:26 PM

I suppose that ICOs in 2018 will move to a new level. The amount of project will be reduced, but the quality should be improved for sure. Moreover I guess that in 2018 ETH will share the place of the top ICO platform with NEM, NEO and other projects.
I also think that this year the ICO should reach a new qualitative level. Simply investors become more experienced, this part of the market is also developing and no one will repeat the same mistakes.
      I also hope that on the platform of the new Ethereum Zero coin, ICO will also be conducted and they will also differ from the previous ones for the better.
peleng

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:44:54 PM

Yes, the current situation with the ICO is a little frustrating. In this sphere, many scammers appeared. If a company enters the ICO with a finished product, this greatly increases the chances of not being deceived by investors.
pacifiko

Activity: 51
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:08:47 PM

Nope, i don't think that the ICO will end in 2018. ICO is the place where many people get their huge profit. But in some county's ico will get ban or regulated. For example, Russia in summer maybe will regulate ICO.
kingcoiner001

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:30:48 PM

Disclaimer: The text below is a personal opinion of the author. If you have a different opinion, please share it

ICO causes more and more distrust - thanks to the scammers. At this point, companies that produce and sell tokens are more focused on the product. The product is being developed and improved. And all before the token sale.

The fact is: those companies that enter the token market with a readymade product are more trustworthy. Now, few people are interested in a company that launches ICO just to make a name and earn a lot of money.

ICO is a serious campaign. It requires great resources and professionalism.

There are many companies on this path. Recently, Pavel Durov announced the creation of a light wallet and the release of the Gram token on the Telegram platform. Here is another example - KickCity, a company that has existed for two years. KickCity is engaged in the development of the event industry and issues a KCY token for further expansion of the company.
ICOs may change in name, but the will remain and the volume raised may decrease in 2018, but certainly not disappear. ICOs, ITOs, ITEs or whatever you want to call them have transformed and look at the raising capital for building out existing solutions and funding new projects. There's ain't
no going back now
Sureness

Activity: 115

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:48:59 PM

Disclaimer: The text below is a personal opinion of the author. If you have a different opinion, please share it

ICO causes more and more distrust - thanks to the scammers. At this point, companies that produce and sell tokens are more focused on the product. The product is being developed and improved. And all before the token sale.

The fact is: those companies that enter the token market with a readymade product are more trustworthy. Now, few people are interested in a company that launches ICO just to make a name and earn a lot of money.

There are many companies on this path. Recently, Pavel Durov announced the creation of a light wallet and the release of the Gram token on the Telegram platform. Here is another example - KickCity, a company that has existed for two years. KickCity is engaged in the development of the event industry and issues a KCY token for further expansion of the company.
ICOs may change in name, but the will remain and the volume raised may decrease in 2018, but certainly not disappear. ICOs, ITOs, ITEs or whatever you want to call them have transformed and look at the raising capital for building out existing solutions and funding new projects. There's ain't
no going back now

We can't predict when is the end of ICO. Because were just the user not the owner. And if the day will come that ICO will end we can't do anything but be thankful for the help that ICO gived on us.
OuterTech

Activity: 294

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:56:52 PM

The current ICO campaign has the common goal of raising funds from individuals for the project to develop it in the future rather than relying on existing resources. However, many ICO projects take advantage of this to raise funds and then run away, leaving many to lose money when investing in those ICOs. So my point is that the ICO will not die that everyone in the future will have a better knowledge of the ICO and will not be scammed by fraudulent ICO campaigns.

ichsan ardi

Activity: 672

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:58:42 PM

i dont agree with ur statement. i think u just look what happen now in one side. if u see the whole of ICO's, i think u'll understand why ICO will not die in 2018. first, ICO's have a great development since he was launching by. second, many investor have invested their money for the project. third, KCY expansion company is nonsense. the fact is, company expansion KCY.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
denisaardelean

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:59:36 PM

Nope, i don't think that the ICO will end in 2018. ICO is the place where many people get their huge profit. But in some county's ico will get ban or regulated. For example, Russia in summer maybe will regulate ICO.
Currently according to my observations on the market most of the ICO projects after the completion of selling tokens traded on the trading floor are getting the support of the community and increase the value a lot. I think 2018 will be a very strong year for ICO projects. Evaluate and carefully study the project you want to participate in because the fraudulent ICO projects are also in existence.
4hajs

Activity: 546
Merit: 105

Translation Service: English -> Polish

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 11:12:49 PM

ICOs will die in 2019 probably, 2018 is still a good year for icos but alot of them is selling in the pre-sale and that pisses me off because you must do the kyc and the eth cap for investment is low.

H O L D V E S T     ◥  Your universal gateway to the crypto markets
       Whitepaper     Facebook     Twitter       JOIN ICO > MAY 8th       Slack     Telegram     ANN Thread     
────────────────────────    T R Y   O U R   P L A T F O R M    ────────────────────────
Maluscoviski

Activity: 135

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:16:42 PM

there are false icos like all the places that have dishonest people, because of some frauds that all other icos will be, you just look and verify those that have a stable and good project, see the nixo that will enter. See the team, then you will not be hit

yannick225

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:18:30 PM

ICOs are an incredible way to support a project which you like and think can do good in the world or do good business. No one ever makes investment without thorough due diligence so you should do yours as well. It's just unfortunate that it's easier to make a fake project and that so many people think they can just make money on any old project. The sector needs regulation but also people need to change their attitudes about investing at random. That isn't sensible in any part of life so why crypto?
Asyifiah

Activity: 686
Merit: 262

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:33:54 PM

I don't think so , ICO can be advertise not in forum but ICO can make a advertise on social media , blog , YouTube , but for bounty program I don't know about that.
maybe they are will be using bounty program for introduction to cityzen.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Greenrace

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:37:37 PM

I think otherwise, for the year 2018 ICO will be more and more because in the previous year they have managed to benefit from the ICO issued

Emel-Hmel

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:48:50 PM

I think otherwise, for the year 2018 ICO will be more and more because in the previous year they have managed to benefit from the ICO issued

I completely agree with you. These projects are just beginning to develop. In 2018 we will see many new and interesting projects. I hope that they will be qualitative and profitable.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
krodmandoon

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:54:04 PM

I see no reason for ICO's dead in 2018. ICO are easy and good way to raise money and to support a project. There are a lot of companies that finance their needs and future projects thru ICO, so I think ICO will become more popular and more important, not dead.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 157 »
  Print  

Jump to: