Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 12:41:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 157 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will ICO die in 2018?  (Read 11512 times)
coinfoxus

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:32:47 AM

I think ico should be legally recognized to remove scams
hebistix

Activity: 29

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:33:01 AM

My personal opinion is that this will be ICO's year. For various reasons:

A) Most ICOs will materialize which means we will determine whether or not these were huge scams/frauds or were indeed true projects.
B) Governments will need to regulate these who are selling their companies using cryptos and will adapt a position, whether good or bad against it.
C) People will only have room for innovation, meaning wonderful projects and complex scams will arise.

After the dust settles down I believe ICO's will still be here but with different rules, this is the year to invest and make some serious money if we are accurate.
ahmedbrown

Activity: 116
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:46:10 AM

I don't think that will happen, there are a lot of upcoming events on ICO which will uptrend the awareness of ICO and moreover, the bounty and airdrops adopt by ICO will also go in long way in sustaining the development of these ICOs.
UFO2018

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:49:05 AM

People ask this question again and again. I dont think there is an answer. ICO might live or might die. In my opinion, I think BLockchain is a great idea and will lead the future. This is the best and the most efficient way to gather money for project. We have to be smart enough to invest our coins.
mware

Activity: 390
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:42:26 AM

i don't think any reason why ico should die in 2018. some authorities trying to regulate the ICOs. Such a situation will get into increasing market regulations and imposition of market restrictions also.
ptolimeus

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 02:59:36 PM

I believe that at the moment the ICO is at the initial stage of development. In 2018, the number of ICOs should increase dramatically, so they will not die out exactly.
membis

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 03:03:00 PM

I think Ico's ll be also in future but I think number of Icos  ll be limited, now are too much icos these ico ll start to decrease in next months.
rasmadisulaiman

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:57:10 PM

I think this year ICO will continue to exist. Because there are still a lot of startups or companies that just pioneered and started to build and seek funds from the ICO they do. I think that is natural, but I am very disappointed with the scammers who use ICO for their personal interests, I hope they are gone from this world.

⚫▶  BUILDERIUM   |▌  CREATING THE FUTURE YOU DESIRE, ONE BID AT A TIME
███ [   Token Sale Starts  ▶  July 23 th, 2018   ] █ █ [   JOIN AIRDROP   ] ███
▬▬▬▬▬    ●    Whitepaper    ●    Facebook    ●    Twitter    ●    Telegram    ●    ▬▬▬▬▬
qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 05:08:18 PM

ICOS will become more and more scrutinized and regulated, that is a certainty and given but I doubt we will see a total end and blanket ban of ICOS in the near future. I think that ths kind of crowd funding and capitalization for new and established business using this crypto tokenizing method has made it far easier for companies to raise capital outside of the more traditional institutions and methods and I am thinking more niche companies and high tech businesses will be using this method to collect capital in order to expand and grow.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
sleblanc1469

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:44:29 PM

There are too many scammers, as well as ICO with bad business models, too many noisy information, also regulatory crackdown. I think ICO will change significantly in 2018.
Greedy squirrel

Activity: 296
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:50:40 PM

I think that the ICO never dies. Only crypto death can do this. Perhaps in the future, the ICO will turn into IPO. Now all countries are trying to introduce regulation. In any case, new projects will need to look for investments.
Pvt-snafu

Activity: 98
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:51:24 PM

And I agree with this part "ICO causes more and more distrust - thanks to the scammers. At this point, companies that produce and sell tokens are more focused on the product. The product is being developed and improved. And all before the token sale"

Nowadays the ICO considered only as a way of getting some profit and unfortunately as time shown just the stupid scammers. In regards to 2018 and the situation in future, I'm not expecting that the situation will be changed astronomically in just a year, there is still more place to grow in terms of security and improving the ICO-platform reliability, most likely the ICO thing'll change in Q4 of 2018.
Denlv

Activity: 350
Merit: 39

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:55:30 PM

Hello!I think no becose icos is very good thing,and peoples always have great ideas what they want to realize,but for realize need money...yes i agree many icos is scam but that always happen and always bad guys take apart in some way, in real live too is good peoples and bad,its normal..

guanyikclkv8593

Activity: 484
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:20:25 AM

No, ICO won't die anytime soon infact it'll grow much stronger throughout this year.
I know some of the bullshit ICOs made you to think so. Picking a quality ICO nowadays isn't as easy a catching fish in the nearby pond.
We need ICOs I mean quality ICOs with an use case.
It will go long enough for us to hold for long term and we can make a lot of profit from it.
bountyjunkie

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

WEICROWD.COM - ICO Tech, Funding & Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 10:36:34 AM

No they will not and they should not. If ICOs should go dead, the very concept of smart contracts fails at least on one sea scale opportunity.

holaing

Activity: 54

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:44:34 AM

ICO will not die. But the market will change - You're right, now to get into the market you need not just a desire, you need a ready product, a strong and open team, a solution to a real user problem.
So, thanks to competition, project requirements are increased and, accordingly, their quality is improved.
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:06:40 AM

Disclaimer: The text below is a personal opinion of the author. If you have a different opinion, please share it

ICO causes more and more distrust - thanks to the scammers. At this point, companies that produce and sell tokens are more focused on the product. The product is being developed and improved. And all before the token sale.

The fact is: those companies that enter the token market with a readymade product are more trustworthy. Now, few people are interested in a company that launches ICO just to make a name and earn a lot of money.

ICO is a serious campaign. It requires great resources and professionalism.

There are many companies on this path. Recently, Pavel Durov announced the creation of a light wallet and the release of the Gram token on the Telegram platform. Here is another example - KickCity, a company that has existed for two years. KickCity is engaged in the development of the event industry and issues a KCY token for further expansion of the company.

I think it won't end. There are still lots of people who are supporting ICOs quite avidly. Also, even if there are so many bad things and news swirling about ICOs all over the market. There are still ones that could be taken seriously and are really made and geared to introduce new concepts, ideas, technologies and products. I think its just that some joiners of ICOs are not diligent enough to check out if what they're joining in is legit and has a good chances of success, which leads for them to be scammed or be put in a bad situation if the project fails. Also, I think that's where the cryptomarket is different; it can help starting up companies to meet their objectives with a chance to become bigger with the help of people through crowd funding.

Andrej Peiboski

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:51:13 PM

ICO are a good way to financing a startup (or even a well established business), but for sure it's a tool that can be abused.
I don't think that ICO will die so soon, but there will be rules to stop the scammers.

goodvibes05

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:46:16 PM

Disclaimer: The text below is a personal opinion of the author. If you have a different opinion, please share it

ICO causes more and more distrust - thanks to the scammers. At this point, companies that produce and sell tokens are more focused on the product. The product is being developed and improved. And all before the token sale.

The fact is: those companies that enter the token market with a readymade product are more trustworthy. Now, few people are interested in a company that launches ICO just to make a name and earn a lot of money.

ICO is a serious campaign. It requires great resources and professionalism.

There are many companies on this path. Recently, Pavel Durov announced the creation of a light wallet and the release of the Gram token on the Telegram platform. Here is another example - KickCity, a company that has existed for two years. KickCity is engaged in the development of the event industry and issues a KCY token for further expansion of the company.
there are lots of ICO that became successful because they gain a lot of investors. These days ICO is becoming more and more popular to all of us. Every ICO project that has a good reliable team will always have the potential in the market place, so it is impossible for the ICO to die this year.6

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
AsepHendar27

Activity: 73

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:19:38 PM

Ico in 2018 is actually more and more, because many of the profits that the company that hold it by accommodating a lot of investors then they can take advantage of it, only worry that now many scammers so be extra careful in choosing ico. so, ico will not die in 2018
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 157 »
  Print  

Jump to: