Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:33:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Long term vs. Short term  (Read 11488 times)
biddicoin

Activity: 1077
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 03:57:55 PM

How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?
im still a bad trader. i cant handle my portofolio, i trade using a bad pshycology
so, i cant know how much in %. But if a profit, i take 5-20% in one trading

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dreamsnight

Activity: 410
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 04:38:39 PM

I think everything depends on what coin is being held.

if the coin fluctuations are high then the potential profit will be greater when we apply the short term.
and if the coin flutuation we hold has low fluctuations, it will be more efficient to apply the long term.

furkantugra

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 04:43:16 PM

it should be evaluated with the whole option, or it is not only us to be limited to one, so it should be decided if it is beneficial to us.
777Jolami

Activity: 700
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 05:00:00 PM

It depends on the conversion trend and the situation of the market. At this stage, I focus only on day-to-day trading. And to limit becoming a barbecue, you need to self-aware it in a separate corner Smiley
phm

Activity: 378
Merit: 110

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 05:32:40 PM

How are you handling your portfolio? How much are risking in % of your portfolio in short term gain vs. Long term gain?
At the moment i think the short-term and long-term strategy with the coin and the top choices people think of on coinmarketcap and Bitcoin with ETH are the two names that are mentioned a lot. And Bitcoin and ETH will be chosen for short-term and long-term goals i think.
Between bitcoin and ethereum it seems good to invest both short and long term,
but if you look at crypto conditions right now we better invest long term and that seems a safer way

If tomorrow the market devises something more technologically advanced, larger investors may lose faith in the ethereum - this will lead to a drop in the rate

Nibelung

Activity: 868
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 05:34:56 PM

The long-term storage strategy is very profitable at a time when the market is moving up. At such a time it is not profitable to buy a coin for a short time. But with a bearish trend, the opposite is true.
gandalfar

Activity: 245
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 05:38:37 PM

To succeed and win in business and currency investing which i think we must have the right investment strategy. At this point i find that the best long term investment buy Bitcoin and ETH for long-term. Short- term strategy i think we should invest in Altcoin and ICOS campaigns is the most reasonable. Since the prices of crypto coins are so cheap that buying the stock now will be smart.

Sahyadri

Activity: 744
Merit: 266

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 05:50:13 PM

Well it all depends on nature of your portfolio. According to me short term investments are less secured than long term investments. If you want sufficient returns on your investment i would suggest hold for at least 2-4 years. Risk tolerance is always on higher side in short term investments as we well know crypto market have high volatility. So long term investments are much more favorable than short term. If you want to invest in crypto for long term go for BTC and ETH for positive ROI in future. And if you want to invest for term go for ripple or NEO.
go4crypto

Activity: 798
Merit: 263

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 06:03:30 PM

I  hold most of the coins as long term. Over time, if some coins are not performing well or see some negative developments, then get out of those making those short term.
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 06:32:10 PM

Whether it be crypto or traditional stocks, investing for long term gain is usually more profitable.

At the market's current state i've already cashed out all my short term portfolio and am now just holding big blue chip coins (like Bitcoin and Ethereum) and holding them for the long haul. However, i am considering picking up some short-term altcoins again now that coin values have gone down so much.
voanquan

Activity: 150

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 07:45:43 PM

In my opinion, we choose short-term campaign for ETH and Bitcoin is reasonable because when Bitcoin price increases, ETH will jump and we keep it short and sell it. Long-term strategy i will apply for Altcoins on the coinmarket because i do not have much money to buy Bitcoin even though i know it will be very profitable.
doycku

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 08:43:23 PM

In my opinion, we choose short-term campaign for ETH and Bitcoin is reasonable because when Bitcoin price increases, ETH will jump and we keep it short and sell it. Long-term strategy i will apply for Altcoins on the coinmarket because i do not have much money to buy Bitcoin even though i know it will be very profitable.
and nevertheless there are some projects, Whose tokens, too, should be kept for a long time in their wallets and not sold. Projects are developing and their real value can be increased after several years.
Babylon

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 08:56:02 PM

Long term trade has a higher chance to earn a huge profit,
While on the other hand short term trade could earn daily with compounding profit so you could also use it to earn a huge amount but it is too risky.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
balfouri

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 09:00:41 PM

As of this moment its better to have a long term situation than a short them.As we can observe the situation in the market value price was not increasing we can gain profit if we do short term.What we are trying to do is hold it for in a long term because maybe someday the market value price will recover so that we can earn big profit in the future.

Sonata.ai   ●●   The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────      │█│     JOIN WHITELIST     │█│      ──────────
Dollar_Hunter

Activity: 1078
Merit: 21

COMBONetworkio

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 10:04:12 PM

Long term trade has a higher chance to earn a huge profit,
While on the other hand short term trade could earn daily with compounding profit so you could also use it to earn a huge amount but it is too risky.
I think that between long and short term is equally beneficial,
but if I have to choose I will choose a long-term investment,
because long-term investing is safer now than making short-term investments

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
Veseloff

Activity: 448
Merit: 106

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 10:58:47 PM

Long is much more interesting and you can earn very well in it, but if you use both tools then there will be a collateral profit. Units can squeeze the maximum profit from the market.

felixesteban

Activity: 294

World’s First Decentralized ICO Platform

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 11:06:33 PM

Long-term investment is definitely more appropriate to me. But that makes it necessary to be patient. The other important thing is to buy coins at the cheapest level. These days can be the best time to buy.

▐ █   CoinFast   |   World’s First Decentralized ICO Platform
●● ▬▬   Whitepaper   [  Join the Whitelist  ]   Telegram   ▬▬ ●●
Facebook   Instagram   Twitter   ANN Thread   Youtube   Medium
devinks

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 05:52:04 PM

long-term and short-term are actually the same, only the difference from the amount of profits. long term is more profitable and the benefits are also high. while the short term benefits depend on us how we sell it.
Tigerw

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 08:32:12 PM

long-term and short-term are actually the same, only the difference from the amount of profits. long term is more profitable and the benefits are also high. while the short term benefits depend on us how we sell it.
It seems to me that if you answer the question posed and look at everything through the prism of the current state of the crypto-currency market, then in any case, before you expect a certain profit, you need to wait for the market to stabilize. As a result, the results will bring only long-term investments.
atjiat

Activity: 1204
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 10:03:46 PM

It seems to me that if you answer the question posed and look at everything through the prism of the current state of the crypto-currency market, then in any case, before you expect a certain profit, you need to wait for the market to stabilize. As a result, the results will bring only long-term investments.
Of course, one can understand your fears, but if the market is in a bad condition, all still have a percentage of fluctuation and therefore you can earn on the difference in price. This is how you can buy coins for a short time.
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 »
  Print  

Jump to: