Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:03:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MasterCoin: New Protocol Layer Starting From “The Exodus Address”  (Read 448418 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Tachikoma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 09:58:20 AM

Sorry about that. I have very little time this week and something in the distributed exchange validation is messing up. I have reverted the changes and I think the transaction should be valid again. I made a topic for Mastercoin-explorer and other tools I wrote if you ever want to discuss such things they are better of there.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
haightst

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 10:38:52 AM

i dont get mastercoin AT ALL, can someone enlighten me?  Huh

= smart property = "redlisting" bitcoins etc etc..  Wink
rbdrbd

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 11:32:52 AM
Last edit: November 21, 2013, 11:49:44 AM by rbdrbd

There have been thoughts about setting up a dedicated forum.

1. FYI, forum.mastercoin.org redirects to this very thread right now, for convenience Wink

2. I opened a Google Group for Mastercoin that nobody except me ever used Sad

3. Right now the consensus is that it's best to remain on bitcointalk, because we want to position ourselves as part of Bitcoin, not an alt or competitor. We have asked theymos to open a dedicated sub-forum to Decentralized Applications (such as Mastercoin, Invictus, and more), and haven't gotten a response yet.

4. If we did open a new forum (I'm not completely against, but we need consensus for that), I would love to do it on Discourse. In this case we'll probablly ask Aric Fedida, our Head of IT, to install it (we haven't formally announced his position, but we should ... I'll do it within a few days).

5. For now - I propose you start a new thread on bitcointalk to discuss this. You can accompany that thread with a poll.

6. I really appreciate the initiative - thanks!

Sure thing. I love the idea and am willing to help where I have some time I can set aside.

The forums post is here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=341882.new#new

Another thing I'd suggest is a separate thread for spec-related discussion. I've posted several questions that I have yet to get a response to. I'd be happy to do the spec editing work, but would like a bit of discussion before I do it and submit a pull request (otherwise it may be totally "out there"  Cheesy).  ...the only risk here is that the spec thread (or any other MSC thread for that matter) does not get enough responses and gets buried behind all the other bitcointalk product development stuff.

Also, one last thing: Do we have any devs that are on this effort full time? (It seems Tachikoma isn't, which I understand as this is quite a new effort and risky.) However, for instance I just hired another developer for my company yesterday...real decent skillset and not very expensive. As the mastercoin project gets more steam, and we now have these libraries that take care of the bitcoin-level bit tweaking, it seems to me that most MSC development largely becomes more commoditized....i.e. if not now, at some point soon, the a smart properties site for example could be made more by a general web dev that has a good midlevel level understanding of mastercoin/bitcoin, and uses the interface libraries that exist. You guys offer what amounts to a 100K bounty, plus 1000-some MSC, but did that do anything with moving anyone over full-time to work on the project? Maybe it's just a matter of time...I need to remind myself this project is only a bit over 2 1/2 months old!
lishbtc

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 11:42:10 AM

Sorry about that. I have very little time this week and something in the distributed exchange validation is messing up. I have reverted the changes and I think the transaction should be valid again. I made a topic for Mastercoin-explorer and other tools I wrote if you ever want to discuss such things they are better of there.

Looks OK now, cheers for fixing

rbdrbd

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 11:44:59 AM

For anyone who hasn't already, please vote on the Mastercoin forums situation here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=341882.0
Ola

Activity: 311

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:04:24 PM

I have 2 things on my mind...and I think these points need to be address quickly to speed up development and foster outside development.

1) I think its high time that 2 developers, or at least Tachikoma is hired or contracted full time for at least a period of 2 years... this is a minimal relative cost of doing business considering the potential fast turn around of the initiative, due to having someone work on the project full time. At this point Tachikoma who blazes the trail, mostly leading developments and improvement shouldn't be scrounging around working to pay bills. His focus should be on developing and testing so we can have something dependable in no time:  Success in anything depends on FOCUS, and right now our main devs have jobs on the side trying to pay bills. We should take a page from the bitcoin foundation and emulate the hiring of Gavin Adresen.

"Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work at hand. The sun's rays do not burn until brought to a focus."

2) Is there a plan to develop something higher level to interface programmatically with mastercoin? an api maybe, although I couldn't fathom how it will work to do :

simple sends
confirmations
betting etc..

I also thinking of designing mastercoin into my system but do not know where to start, especially if this will be addressed later.

If you are in favor of one or two of these points please echo this post.

Nxter,Bitcoiner,Ether highlevel developer working to improve the world.
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:25:49 PM

I have 2 things on my mind...and I think these points need to be address quickly to speed up development and foster outside development.

1) I think its high time that 2 developers, or at least Tachikoma is hired or contracted full time for at least a period of 2 years... this is a minimal relative cost of doing business considering the potential fast turn around of the initiative, due to having someone work on the project full time. At this point Tachikoma who blazes the trail, mostly leading developments and improvement shouldn't be scrounging around working to pay bills. His focus should be on developing and testing so we can have something dependable in no time:  Success in anything depends on FOCUS, and right now our main devs have jobs on the side trying to pay bills. We should take a page from the bitcoin foundation and emulate the hiring of Gavin Adresen.

"Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work at hand. The sun's rays do not burn until brought to a focus."

2) Is there a plan to develop something higher level to interface programmatically with mastercoin? an api maybe, although I couldn't fathom how it will work to do :

simple sends
confirmations
betting etc..

I also thinking of designing mastercoin into my system but do not know where to start, especially if this will be addressed later.

Echoing!
zbx

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:33:24 PM

simple sends
confirmations
betting etc..

Echoing!
+1
Ola

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:37:27 PM

ripper234 will this be a no brainer if at least 10 people echo this? I hope to everything we believe in Tachikoma does not think otherwise.

abuelau

Activity: 750
Merit: 500

www.coinschedule.com

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:07:22 PM

simple sends
confirmations
betting etc..

Echoing!
+1

+2

Know what's happening in cryptoworld: www.coinschedule.com
littleblue

Activity: 285

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:29:17 PM

simple sends
confirmations
betting etc..

Echoing!
+1

+2
+3
Patel
Legendary

Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 03:47:31 PM

There is a mastercoin webinar today at 17:30 GMT time (about 1 hour and 45 minutes from now)

https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/cosfuleudovf9bbitllefb93874
genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1072

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 04:01:33 PM

+4

I've worked with Animazing before on Electrum and he's a solid developer you want in your community.
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 04:59:28 PM

where's the link to see the live webinar, i'm confused
JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 05:00:57 PM

+ 5
littleblue

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 05:23:59 PM

me too
Ola

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 05:28:38 PM

me too

here it is:   https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/cosfuleudovf9bbitllefb93874

and keep echoing if you believe this should be done: 

1) I think its high time that 2 developers, or at least Tachikoma is hired or contracted full time for at least a period of 2 years... this is a minimal relative cost of doing business considering the potential fast turn around of the initiative, due to having someone work on the project full time. At this point Tachikoma who blazes the trail, mostly leading developments and improvement shouldn't be scrounging around working to pay bills. His focus should be on developing and testing so we can have something dependable in no time:  Success in anything depends on FOCUS, and right now our main devs have jobs on the side trying to pay bills. We should take a page from the bitcoin foundation and emulate the hiring of Gavin Adresen.

simple sends
confirmations
betting etc..

Echoing!

littleblue

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 05:31:34 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2013, 05:41:47 PM by littleblue

me too
i know:google+
rbdrbd

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 05:45:20 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2013, 06:00:28 PM by rbdrbd

simple sends
confirmations
betting etc..

Echoing!
+1

This is what I raised up in my post as well.

This project *absolutely* needs multiple full time developers. Mastercoin foundation needs to make that happen ASAP. At my business, I can hire 3 developers to work full time for me (as well as around 13 other assorted full time engineers) and we pull in less each year than the mastercoin foundation has sitting around. Not sure why this can't be done with Mastercoin as well. Run it like a business. Priority number 1.

Once we have a solid mastercoin API library that can work across multiple languages (optimally do basic parsing in C, then use swig, etc to take out to Python, Perl, Ruby, etc) then the skill bar level is DRASTICALLY lowered. At that point, you can get generic webdevs and generaic devs that have a good mid-level understanding of bitcoin/mastercoin to do the work. The ruby, etc library is good, but we need it available for a wide variety of langs, without a bunch of implementations that all have their own ideas how the blocks should be parsed (we get the problems we are seeing today). This should be priority number 2. Pay for a *reference* C implementation and bindings to other languages can be easily made. Any new standard that comes out in the business world (e.g. audio codecs, etc), they implement a standard reference implementation, and vendors follow suit with their implementations, comparing their test vector results to that. Otherwise you have a mess. Why doesn't mastercoin follow this best practice that has worked so well for the standards industry?

littleblue

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 05:59:40 PM

simple sends
confirmations
betting etc..

Echoing!
+1

This is what I raised up in my post as well. To echo.

This project *absolutely* needs multiple full time developers. Mastercoin foundation needs to make that happen ASAP. At my business, I can hire 3 developers to work full time for me (as well as around 13 other assorted full time engineers) and we pull in less each year than the mastercoin foundation has sitting around. Not sure why this can't be done with Mastercoin as well. Run it like a business. Priority number 1.

Once we have a solid mastercoin API library that can work across multiple languages (optimally do basic parsing in C, then use swig, etc to take out to Python, Perl, Ruby, etc) then the skill bar level is DRASTICALLY lowered. At that point, you can get generic webdevs and generaic devs that have a good mid-level understanding of bitcoin/mastercoin to do the work. The ruby, etc library is good, but we need it available for a wide variety of langs, without a bunch of implementations that all have their own ideas how the blocks should be parsed (we get the problems we are seeing today). This should be priority number 2. Pay for a *reference* C implementation and bindings to other languages can be easily made. Any new standard that comes out in the business world (e.g. audio codecs, etc), they implement a standard reference implementation, and vendors follow suit with their implementations, comparing their test vector results to that. Otherwise you have a mess. Why doesn't mastercoin follow this best practice that has worked so well for the standards industry?

+100
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: