Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:36:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MasterCoin: New Protocol Layer Starting From “The Exodus Address”  (Read 448420 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Herp

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:58:28 PM

Or you can just try and install the existing Mastercoin wallet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPP7fFfcF54

http://mastercoineducation.org/mastercoinwallet/
This is complete garbage. 

Step 1: Reconfigure your computer's operating system.  FAIL!!!

Why can't we make a nice package that installs normally under windows/iOS/Ubuntu?  When the first step includes 'reconfigure your operating system', non-geek users aren't going to use this crap. 

Mastercoin will have very low adoption rates so long as the coders think an acceptable approach includes all this set-up overhead. 

They are working on a user friendly wallet.

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

Armando

Activity: 870
Merit: 500

Trading will make me rich)

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:55:08 PM

You need to send the address 0.00012btc + fees more, you will then have enough to send.

0.00018 + miner fee

Wink

So, I can't send such small ammount? What is the minimum then? I want to make sure that I will be able to send the coins, before will buy some real amount)

The total amount is 0.00018btc + whatever mining fee you add to a single send. It would be good practice to send the MSC bitcoin address enough btc to cover future sends, as well.

Thanks, and the last question I hope)

I've purchased more mastecoins, and had withdrawn for try a test spend again 0.22 MSC from exchange to my MC wallet:
https://masterchain.info/Address.html?addr=1A3G55ARtZnjty1c5YTcUU3b4dcvhvNCyS

But, my bitcoin wallet shows this transaction as +0.00006 XBT again!

What would happen if I will try to send 0.00018 + miner fee? I have a little over 1 bitcoin sitting at the same wallet at the moment, so if I will try to make spend 0.00018 spend, will not I spend small bitcoin amount to nothere? Or, should I make one more small withdrawal to MSC account first?

Sorry, this all is a bit confusing =)

You can use your MSC bitcoin address just as you normally do or would. Just think of the 0.000018 as a necessary tx/admin fee, for now. This may or may not change in the future(Huh).

Im not actually familiar with using the masterchain interface, so cant comment on that.   

Thanks anyway. But if anyone knows the answer, will be appreciated)
Bitoy

Activity: 449

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:32:42 AM

Mastercoins statistics. 

Pie Chart

No. of Mastercoin addresses and Total MSC.

http://www.mymastercoins.com/MSCStats.aspx
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 05:32:32 PM

Or you can just try and install the existing Mastercoin wallet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPP7fFfcF54

http://mastercoineducation.org/mastercoinwallet/
This is complete garbage. 

Step 1: Reconfigure your computer's operating system.  FAIL!!!

Why can't we make a nice package that installs normally under windows/iOS/Ubuntu?  When the first step includes 'reconfigure your operating system', non-geek users aren't going to use this crap. 

Mastercoin will have very low adoption rates so long as the coders think an acceptable approach includes all this set-up overhead. 

this is just the package for linux, there are others.
Patel
Legendary

Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 05:48:54 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2014, 06:31:24 PM by Patel

People may disagree, but the Mastercoin Foundation is doing a terrible job protecting investor's interests, and keeping the hype up. The last development update was 11 days ago.

coinrevo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:52:21 PM

100,000,000 USD was a pretty rich valuation...  seems like Alt-Coins prices are getting a bit more realistic now, although IMHO there still off orders of magnitude from sensible prices. typical startup valuation is 1-3M$.
jeroenn13

Activity: 644

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:57:12 PM

Price per MSC is 0.055, this is ridiculous.

People may disagree, but the Mastercoin Foundation is doing a terrible job protecting investor's interests, and keeping the hype up. The last development update was 11 days ago.

As of now, there is only 11btc worth of bids for MSC.

There will be a development update today.
I agree there could be more information regarding the Dist Exchange and timelines.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
TKeenan

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:47:58 PM

Thank god.  'keep the hype up'.  This is not the job of Mastercoin foundation.  That is the job of pump and dump speculators.  If you like that sort of stuff, you could go to NXT and Etherium.  Better yet, Dogecoin.  Mastercoin has a different kind of plan which does really care about speculators pumping (hype) a market for a quick exit.  Mastercoin is a long term deal where hype doesn't really concern the foundation and its members objectives.

See ya later! 
culexevilman
Legendary

Activity: 1064

Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 06:48:44 PM

Thank god.  'keep the hype up'.  This is not the job of Mastercoin foundation.  That is the job of pump and dump speculators.  If you like that sort of stuff, you could go to NXT and Etherium.  Better yet, Dogecoin.  Mastercoin has a different kind of plan which does really care about speculators pumping (hype) a market for a quick exit.  Mastercoin is a long term deal where hype doesn't really concern the foundation and its members objectives.

See ya later! 

in it for the long run...
Patel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 07:12:06 PM

See ya later! 

Dont be so naive, hype is the result of good marketing, and it is required for the protocol to succeed.
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:12:50 PM

Devs should hurry up a little bit.

They have to fight eMunie, ethereum, NXT, counterparty and the silence of days kills MSCs price

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
FTWbitcoinFTW

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:31:00 PM

Devs should hurry up a little bit.

Yep

How many BTC are in stake for bounty's right now ?

Please JR can we have some news ?

Lost coins only make everyone else's coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone.
it has lots of buttery taste..
TKeenan

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 08:23:12 PM

Thank god.  'keep the hype up'.  This is not the job of Mastercoin foundation.  That is the job of pump and dump speculators.  If you like that sort of stuff, you could go to NXT and Etherium.  Better yet, Dogecoin.  Mastercoin has a different kind of plan which does really care about speculators pumping (hype) a market for a quick exit.  Mastercoin is a long term deal where hype doesn't really concern the foundation and its members objectives.

See ya later!  

Dont be so naive, hype is the result of good marketing, and it is required for the protocol to succeed.
Dont be so naive, hype is hype.  Mastercoin is being built on something other than that.  

"and it is required for the market prices protocol to succeed"
prophetx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 08:58:05 PM

Thank god.  'keep the hype up'.  This is not the job of Mastercoin foundation.  That is the job of pump and dump speculators.  If you like that sort of stuff, you could go to NXT and Etherium.  Better yet, Dogecoin.  Mastercoin has a different kind of plan which does really care about speculators pumping (hype) a market for a quick exit.  Mastercoin is a long term deal where hype doesn't really concern the foundation and its members objectives.

See ya later!  

Dont be so naive, hype is hype.  Mastercoin is being built on something other than that.  

"and it is required for the market prices protocol to succeed"

Patel sorry I have been busy with other posts and items, and i have not had time to consolidate all that is here as this is a massive list of posts to update on the halfway milestone into a blog post.  

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=292628.980

just a reminder that when the funds were raised by JR they were for development, not hiring a japanese shibe inu and his entourage to visit all the bitcoin centers in the world Smiley

if you would like to join as a member to the Mastercoin Foundation, i forgot what the annual fee is, perhaps I can have some budget to hire a few people to help with marketing. Smiley

for my own benefit do you have an example of any other project in bitcoin land that puts out frequent developer updates that do no consist of reading through reams of forum posts?  i'd love to see it, maybe we can hire the writer to help me.
buymastercoin

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:20:29 PM

BuyMastercoin.com is now available for sale. We have decided to move on to other Mastercoin projects, and can no longer operate the service due to time constraints.

The website is going as strong as ever before as we receive nearly 1000 unique visits each week, dozens of emails, and orders everyday. Much of this is thanks to our strong web presence and being on the first page of google for most anything mastercoin related. Additionally we have a subscriber base of 500 Mastercoin users which is growing every day. We have full google analytics since day one.

We have processed many thousands of MSC in orders, and while the market has been very volatile and non-liquid, we were still able to help nearly everyone to get mastercoins easily and there by help introduce new people to Mastercoin. Now that the market is more well established, we are hoping someone will leverage our huge influx of targeted traffic and existing subscriber base to help grow this great mastercoin community. Unfortunately we do not have the time to do so, however we are already working on other great Mastercoin projects.

If you are interested in the domain and for more information, please PM or email us on our website with an offer. Thank you.

-BuyMastercoin.com Team
FTWbitcoinFTW

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:26:53 PM

How much do you pay ?

Lost coins only make everyone else's coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone.
it has lots of buttery taste..
TKeenan

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:29:01 PM

BuyMastercoin.com is now available for sale.
-BuyMastercoin.com Team
Very good to hear you are going out of business.  It is about time.  But I doubt anyone will buy this.  I doubt anyone will have such a low conscience as you that they could continue to operate such a bullshit scam.  I really don't think you will find a thief as low and dirty as yourself. 

But, nevertheless, I am delighted to learn you are done with this scam - ya dirty lying cheat.  Could you please inform us of your new Mastercoin ventures so we can beware from the start?  I'd like to get the word out before you sucker others out of their money.
prophetx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 04:18:17 AM

Dev update #4

it is mainly a consolidation of JRs award methodology, the award amounts and mostly copy/paste of some of the stuff on the dev board with some cutting/edits (i tried to compress it but there was so many items).  I have to think of a better way to do these updates. 

http://blog.mastercoin.org/2014/01/29/development-update-4-master-protocol-wallet-and-distributed-exchange-milestone/
Patel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 04:23:07 AM

Dev update #4

it is mainly a consolidation of JRs award methodology, the award amounts and mostly copy/paste of some of the stuff on the dev board with some cutting/edits (i tried to compress it but there was so many items).  I have to think of a better way to do these updates. 

http://blog.mastercoin.org/2014/01/29/development-update-4-master-protocol-wallet-and-distributed-exchange-milestone/

Thank you for the dev update
jeroenn13

Activity: 644

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:28:59 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2014, 01:28:20 PM by jeroenn13

Dev update #4

it is mainly a consolidation of JRs award methodology, the award amounts and mostly copy/paste of some of the stuff on the dev board with some cutting/edits (i tried to compress it but there was so many items).  I have to think of a better way to do these updates.  

Thank you for the update,
Is it possible for you to publish the weekly update aswell? Like the progress made last week and days.

At what stage is the project?, Timelines. I think this is more interesting for (exodus) investors.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: