Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 04:15:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MasterCoin: New Protocol Layer Starting From “The Exodus Address”  (Read 448418 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ripper234
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 01:42:44 PM

Alright, it's pretty disappointing that after so many months that still isn't an easy to use wallet. What's the ETA for an alpha release of Omniwallet?

We are learning from our mistakes, I can assure you of that.

Omni is already in alpha. We will be preparing the short-term roadmap for the next few weeks in the following days, and decide what are our launch criteria.

Please do not pm me, use ron@bitcoin.org.il instead
Mastercoin Executive Director
Co-founder of the Israeli Bitcoin Association

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Machinery

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 06:08:52 PM

Alright, it's pretty disappointing that after so many months that still isn't an easy to use wallet. What's the ETA for an alpha release of Omniwallet?
I'm dissapointed too. I was hoping for more.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:35:06 PM

How can i mine this coin???

You can't, it's a PoS coin.

No, it is not PoS coin. With MSC there is no mining at all.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
ripper234
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 08:35:37 PM

I think that one of the key wins we have after these months is ... we finally got a development rythm going, and understand a lot better where we want to be in 1 week, 3 months, 6 months.

The development speed of the Omniwallet has been incredible, and we're going to pick up speed and consistency in the upcoming weeks. We are finally starting to enter a weekly scrum cycle, are focusing our development efforts into 2 wallets instead of 4, and have a clear idea of where we're headed.

True, it would have been nice to have better wallets at this point in time. However please remember it's a marathon, not a sprint, and we learned a ton from the last months ... and that the key product of a startup is validated learning (read 'validated learning' in The Lean Startup).

LightedLamp

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 08:43:53 PM

I think that one of the key wins we have after these months is ... we finally got a development rythm going, and understand a lot better where we want to be in 1 week, 3 months, 6 months.

The development speed of the Omniwallet has been incredible, and we're going to pick up speed and consistency in the upcoming weeks. We are finally starting to enter a weekly scrum cycle, are focusing our development efforts into 2 wallets instead of 4, and have a clear idea of where we're headed.

True, it would have been nice to have better wallets at this point in time. However please remember it's a marathon, not a sprint, and we learned a ton from the last months ... and that the key product of a startup is validated learning (read 'validated learning' in The Lean Startup).

It's going to be better than the 7 months it took to launch 1 feature of the protocol live right?
Because if it only takes the Counterparty guys 2 months to fork what you plan to implement 3, they're always going to be ahead.
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 09:03:14 PM

OK, but based on those videos, it does not look like there is a real "wallet" on Masterchain.info, right? Because as far as I can tell, there isn't a login button, is there? How do you access your wallet after you have closed your browser? Because you're not given or asked to enter a password for your Wallet UUID.

True, true*

This is why we're working heavily on Omniwallet (test server here, feedback welcome). Note that the Omni isn't production grade yet, but is making very fast progress. We will update more on Omni over the next few weeks.

* I believe Grazcoin and Grimentz may also have some usability improvements planned for masterchain.

Maybe it is just me.  But I find the masterchan.info wallet (and it is a wallet) fairly easy to use.

Of course it can be improved a lot.  And there was some issues with 3 different version of the web UI being up and his obelisk server going down (which was unfortunate).

That wallet does not store wallet data on a server.  Thus there is no log in button, it's a security thing.
LightedLamp

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:12:45 PM

OK, but based on those videos, it does not look like there is a real "wallet" on Masterchain.info, right? Because as far as I can tell, there isn't a login button, is there? How do you access your wallet after you have closed your browser? Because you're not given or asked to enter a password for your Wallet UUID.

True, true*

This is why we're working heavily on Omniwallet (test server here, feedback welcome). Note that the Omni isn't production grade yet, but is making very fast progress. We will update more on Omni over the next few weeks.

* I believe Grazcoin and Grimentz may also have some usability improvements planned for masterchain.

Maybe it is just me.  But I find the masterchan.info wallet (and it is a wallet) fairly easy to use.

Of course it can be improved a lot.  And there was some issues with 3 different version of the web UI being up and his obelisk server going down (which was unfortunate).

That wallet does not store wallet data on a server.  Thus there is no log in button, it's a security thing.

Is this like an emerald city kind of thing - because I don't see a single function on masterchain.info wallet.

btw Deterministic wallets don't store data on the server either.
Herp

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:35:55 PM

True, true*

I'm afraid it's just you and perhaps few other coders that understand the inner workings of the protocol. I consider myself to be an advanced PC user, but I can't use this masterchan.info, not without spending time to read cumbersome and weird tutorial. If I have a problem 90% of your user base will have a problem, trust me.

Get that Omniwallet ready ASAP and screw the other wallets cos they simply suck. I'd also push full speed ahead to make a very user friendly off-line wallet. Masterchest is anything but that.

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

ripper234
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 09:40:08 PM

I'm afraid it's just you and perhaps few other coders that understand the inner workings of the protocol. I consider myself to be an advanced PC user, but I can't use this masterchan.info, not without spending time to read cumbersome and weird tutorial. If I have a problem 90% of your user base will have a problem, trust me.

I fully agree.

Get that Omniwallet ready ASAP and screw the other wallets cos they simply suck. I'd also push full speed ahead to make a very user friendly off-line wallet. Masterchest is anything but that.

Can you elaborate what in your mind is Masterchest's biggest problem?

We do have plans to make it not require a local blockchain, and have many other UI improvements planned (see the list of issues for starters).

We need a desktop client, we can't rely only on a web wallet.
Just imagine if Omni/Masterchain were DDOSed.

blockchain.info was down for a bit last week and I felt as if "Bitcoin is down", even though it's far from the truth.

bitexch

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:41:25 PM

It's going to be better than the 7 months it took to launch 1 feature of the protocol live right?
Because if it only takes the Counterparty guys 2 months to fork what you plan to implement 3, they're always going to be ahead.

Amen. Mastercoin seems like a very closed off dev community. I have been lurking in the MSC and XCP threads ever since they launched, not saying much but honestly, MSC seems like everyone is going in different directions.

You would think that for the launch of the DEx, there would be screenshots, guides, and links of everything you would need to use the DEx, posted on this thread, but I have not seen that. Extremely poor delivery of the DEx after more than 7 months of development, and no official wallet or no working wallet either. Whats the point of launching the DEx if the wallet isn't even in beta yet?

Whats up with 4 different implementations trying to get consensus? Alot of the times, consensus is not 100%. Why not use 1 implementation that gets 100% consensus? I am not familiar how it works, but wouldn't something like mastercoind do the trick?

This. What's going to happen if there is high volume and a lack of consensus?
Herp

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:54:44 PM

I fully agree.

Can you elaborate what in your mind is Masterchest's biggest problem?

We do have plans to make it not require a local blockchain, and have many other UI improvements planned (see the list of issues for starters).

We need a desktop client, we can't rely only on a web wallet.
Just imagine if Omni/Masterchain were DDOSed.

blockchain.info was down for a bit last week and I felt as if "Bitcoin is down", even though it's far from the truth.

Yeah, there's the DDOS problem regarding webwallets and the fact that some won't even touch them just because they are webwallets and many webwallets have been hacked, funds stolen, servers dying out and so on. Many people won't even touch a webwallet no matter what you tell them.

Masterchest needs an installer, I'd say, bundled together with the Bitcoin client (if it's really required) or to actually have the qt code inserted somehow in the Masterchest wallet, which would be much more elegant option. The installer has to do all settings automatically. The average user won't bother to edit config files or read pdf tutorials or visit Github and stuff like that. It has to work out of the box, without any fuss, just like the standard QT client does.

UI can always be improved. Best way to test it is to actually bring your wife or girl friend or clueless friends to play around with it, not your fellow coders, which are probably worst people to ask for UI changes and modifications.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

td services

Activity: 448

black swan hunter

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:02:07 AM

I just tried to install Skycoin, says to use MinGW shell in Windows. I'm quickly losing interest in it due to lack of documentation and an unanswered question in Skycoin thread. I service computers as my main business, so, like Herp, I can attest that most users have a very low tolerance threshold for having to tinker with things to get them to work.

The Protoshares client (now Bitshares-PTS) was a very good example on how a desktop client should easily download, install, and just work.
LightedLamp

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:07:51 AM

I just tried to install Skycoin, says to use MinGW shell in Windows. I'm quickly losing interest in it due to lack of documentation and an unanswered question in Skycoin thread. I service computers as my main business, so, like Herp, I can attest that most users have a very low tolerance threshold for having to tinker with things to get them to work.

The Protoshares client (now Bitshares-PTS) was a very good example on how a desktop client should easily download, install, and just work.

What's this about a tolerance threshold - there's simply no wallet!
Herp

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:33:14 AM

@ripper234

Check out this article. It's interesting and overall very positive on Mastercoin http://cryptonewz.com/6-new-things-you-may-want-to-know-about-mastercoin/

On wallets, however, I'd take this point very seriously. It basically emphasizes my earlier point about QT client as separate installer or using it directly instead of having the code built-in, built into the actual Masterchest wallet.

4 . Mastercoin Wallets

The distributed exchange functionality is delivered via wallet, so in order to use the decentralized exchange you’ll first need to download one. Mastercoin offerst a desktop client wallet for windows, and a web-wallet for all other OS types. Get your wallets here (http://www.mastercoinwallets.org/). From what I read the Windows wallet situation seems a bit clunky however, requiring you to already have Bitcoin-Qt installed on your system. Personally, I’m uneasy about this bit as I don’t want any other software touching my Bitcoin-Qt wallet out of a security concern. But if you only have small amounts of Bitcoin on your system you might not mind.

████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

littleblue

Activity: 285

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:38:24 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 05:08:43 PM by littleblue

web wallet:no pubkey on blockchain. use wallet or supply Public Key from brainwallet.org

问题解决! Grin
LOL

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:02:49 AM

I'm finding a couple Class B Mastercoin transactions I've made in which no public key in the multisig output script is that of the sender:

• 204e02988b1a7262d90168dfe4574a69b3ab6617dddfc3737e6a296ec4d17b8f
  • 1d1b0f773eb639d13151743b5794914d371284123cf516c7598c7340ddf49716
  • 7ca6d02dc71e798919449e36708c1fa001797b1471e42928e2750cc03013283b

Am I missing something here, or are those now unspendable outputs?
ejinte

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:21:24 AM

Isn't it possible to create one token pegged to BTC using an escrow address to make it possible to also get a buy side? Send BTC so the escrow address, get Mastercoin BTC tokens back to be traded in the order book. It should be possible shouldn't it?

Also did you reach out to any of the other coins to see if there is developers to help integrate in omniwallet? Peercoin and Litecoin is already mentioned and Feathercoin and Dogecoin should also be valid options. Maybe also Quark and Peercoin.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.6%-1% House Edge
dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 12:23:11 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 12:41:04 PM by dexX7

Hey guys,

over the last days I tried to look out for edge cases and errors, so they can be fixed and I have the impression that the developers do listen to feedback and try their best.

I'd be interested in your opinion what you would improve in particular. Let's discuss and work this out, so everyone is happy! Smiley

I'm finding a couple Class B Mastercoin transactions I've made in which no public key in the multisig output script is that of the sender:

• 204e02988b1a7262d90168dfe4574a69b3ab6617dddfc3737e6a296ec4d17b8f
  • 1d1b0f773eb639d13151743b5794914d371284123cf516c7598c7340ddf49716
  • 7ca6d02dc71e798919449e36708c1fa001797b1471e42928e2750cc03013283b

Am I missing something here, or are those now unspendable outputs?

Actually the multi sig output does include your public key, but in a compressed form, if I'm not mistaken?

See for example:

204e02988b1a7262d90168dfe4574a69b3ab6617dddfc3737e6a296ec4d17b8f:

Input:

30450221009040ffa1b6ad045d2e6392b53c13e2f10a1b3780a9d25605e20380631c8818b402203 8a03dea5ed01e5a27c27cacbcb2908861a8078293d10d7ed8d2704e95efda8801 04cb53028bef9d48860842d17e86174fd65c913494d148c335bb17a6551a4bcb14d56eccb4cd4ac184b60cd71d1cf83b70ddf5e23198325c6036e06033c5d1d594

Output:

OP_1 02cb53028bef9d48860842d17e86174fd65c913494d148c335bb17a6551a4bcb14 0225af43e566399b7429bb01463fb69666bb3b24609b6d736bb64327143d655805 OP_2 OP_CHECKMULTISIG

web wallet:no pubkey on blockchain. use wallet or supply Public Key from brainwallet.org

Do you have bitcoin-qt running? If that's the case, please navigate to Help - Debug Window - Console and enter:

Code:
validateaddress 1youraddress

This should result some lines including one with "pubkey". This is the one you'd need to copy.

Isn't it possible to create one token pegged to BTC using an escrow address to make it possible to also get a buy side? Send BTC so the escrow address, get Mastercoin BTC tokens back to be traded in the order book. It should be possible shouldn't it?

Also did you reach out to any of the other coins to see if there is developers to help integrate in omniwallet? Peercoin and Litecoin is already mentioned and Feathercoin and Dogecoin should also be valid options. Maybe also Quark and Peercoin.

I think trades of Mastercoin vs. other-currency-than-Bitcoin are yet to come. Nice idea by the way with escrow.  Any idea who would be the escrow partner in this case? A wallet provider?

I agree, adding more currencies to Omniwallet would be awesome! There are also some bounties attached to this task, maybe you can take the lead and push it so that Doge is included, too? http://mastercointalk.org/index.php?topic=185.0

littleblue

Activity: 285

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:48:12 PM

Do you have bitcoin-qt running? If that's the case, please navigate to Help - Debug Window - Console and enter:

Code:
validateaddress 1youraddress

This should result some lines including one with "pubkey". This is the one you'd need to copy.

thanks. i use blockchain-wallet,can i use this wallet? only btc-qt?
dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 12:51:35 PM

thanks. i use blockchain-wallet,can i use this wallet? only btc-qt?

I don't use the blockchain.info wallet, but I think I found a way: Can you go to your blockchain.info wallet - "Receive Money" and then click on "Actions" right from your address? There should be an option called "Show Public Key". A line like this should appear:

Code:
Public Key of 15Aw7uyrpqchpA8oQbNAYAgRUsE4AyzFPD is 04d2d0fc5e3454bf657ae18af06538e0b00907d760c080a5461dee53cfef0a5e79f6e98b552bc463c5be7f639d38ab9eca07541257f1a97d916a38210ac7b776eb

The last long thing (which will start with 02, 03 or 04) is your public key! Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: