Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 01:44:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are people buying Ripple?  (Read 2053 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Swinging Phallus

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:19:14 AM

The reason all this is happening is because people are looking at price, not the market cap. They don't even care to do any research - if the name sounds good and the logo is aesthetic, they buy it. That goes for at least 50% of the newbies in crypto.
Vadeprix

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:21:33 AM

People are buying to make a profit when the price increases, XRP can reach higher in coming months which makes it worth buying.
nuggetbram

Activity: 326
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:12:22 AM

Ripple is better suited for short-term investments (up to half a year) than for long-term
Chosenpai

Activity: 61

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:35:24 AM

I still do not understand why banks would transfer their value into such a volatile currency..

Other permissive blockchain solutions such as HyperLedger by IBM, not requiring a currency to be issued, will do what Ripple does but better with an already trusted brand.

They are starting to trust the cryptocurrency. Since Ripple is being managed manage by bank, they will probably going for ripple. Plus the fact that ripple is a centralized currency.
NLO

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 05:55:21 PM

what can be the value of the currency if its unlimited number. pressed 1 button and appeared 1,000,000 coins.

unsquidly

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 05:56:19 PM

robably to make some profit as the price is still affordable. I know that's why I purchased some XRP when the price was still under USD 0.20. I liked that I could get a larger amount of coins and wanted to "invest" on it as there were many Ripple related news and I was just learning about crypto-currency. Now I have learned to do my own research.
For the time being I don't think I will invest more on XRP, but I also don't think I will sell what I have just yet.
Celebrity

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 05:59:44 PM

I still do not understand why banks would transfer their value into such a volatile currency..

Other permissive blockchain solutions such as HyperLedger by IBM, not requiring a currency to be issued, will do what Ripple does but better with an already trusted brand.

They are starting to trust the cryptocurrency. Since Ripple is being managed manage by bank, they will probably going for ripple. Plus the fact that ripple is a centralized currency.

Ripple is something centralized. I never invest in ripple. Their supply is being controlled by their team and we don't know what they will do in the future. This uncertainities made me get away from ripple coin.
Borisov

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:01:31 PM

correction is now shown that the price of this coin was very much exaggerated . pretty much where wrote about ripple , here it is on this and much growing up! the speculators ! now that we can see?)
Sinistlercoin

Activity: 71

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:08:20 PM

correction is now shown that the price of this coin was very much exaggerated . pretty much where wrote about ripple , here it is on this and much growing up! the speculators ! now that we can see?)

Have you looked at the rest of the market lately?  Seems like you have focused on XRP and missed the fact that every other crypto has also corrected.  Based on your comment, the price of all of them were very much exaggerated.  Can't have it both ways.
bucksman5233

Activity: 264
Merit: 100

TV TWO - Connect your TV to ETH Blockchain

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 06:09:11 PM

Simple, to make more Bitcoins/ETH or to increase their fiat holdings. That's all nobody is interested to help bank by make their transfers easier on Ripple's Blockchain. Technology doesn't matter here only money matters. Go to XRP's reddit page 90% of the posts there are about the price predictions of XRP.

xTz

Activity: 74

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 04:31:50 PM

I am afraid this coin is used to rip(ple) off many dumb people who have no clue in what they put their money. After all lose their money, banks and gov's will say crypto's like bitcoin is a ponzi scheme like ripple created to steal money. Literally i can create same "network" chain with plenty of coins in few days alone and sell to newbs and tell them is free to send and receive(no tax fee) then i close "network" which obviously is 1 server Smiley
Lonsdayl

Activity: 364
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:37:44 PM

Because they have a proven working product and  many deals with banks .They are going to be a big player in international money transfer. They already made a deal with moneygram recently.

Yes, Ripple will have dominant position in banking industry. But why digital asset holders sell their ETH and BTC and buy XRP? Ripple isn't cryptocurrency and doesn't have the same purposes as BTC...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]  All
  Print  

Jump to: