Bitcoin Forum
August 30, 2024, 09:16:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Ripple the currency of the future?  (Read 7443 times)
Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:17:08 PM

Ripple can not be the crypto currency of the future. The future is behind decentralized crypto-currencies, and not completely centralized and manageable, although this coin itself is very useful in the banking system. However, let her work there. It should not be extolled among other crypto-currencies, because it does not meet the criteria of decentralized crypto currency.
MemberBerries

Activity: 1099
Merit: 267

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:17:21 PM

Ripple is good coin but when they says it's a banks coin, I thought this is not decentralized so I'm not investing to this ripple. Ripple can't bypass bitcoin and ethereum to be the first money in the future.
Lol tell me how many tps etherium and btc can do
 Also tell me about the fees Wink
And tell me how long it takes to transfer them
MemberBerries

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:19:11 PM

Ripple can not be the crypto currency of the future. The future is behind decentralized crypto-currencies, and not completely centralized and manageable, although this coin itself is very useful in the banking system. However, let her work there. It should not be extolled among other crypto-currencies, because it does not meet the criteria of decentralized crypto currency.

https://ripple.com/insights/top-9-frequently-asked-questions-ripple-xrp/

5. Is the XRP Ledger centralized?
This is a top misconception with the XRP Ledger. Centralization implies that a single entity controls the Ledger. While Ripple contributes to the open-source code of the XRP Ledger, we don’t own, control, or administer the XRP Ledger.

Ripple has an interest in supporting the XRP Ledger for several reasons, including contributing to the longer-term strategy to encourage the use of XRP as a liquidity tool for financial institutions. Decentralization of the XRP Ledger is a process that started right at its inception and has been ongoing since. In May 2017, we publicly shared our decentralization strategy.

First, we announced plans to continue to diversify validators on the XRP Ledger, which we expanded to 55 validator nodes in July 2017. We also shared plans to add attested validators to Unique Node Lists (UNLs), and announced over the course of 2017 and 2018, for every two attested third-party validating nodes that meet the objective criteria mentioned above, we will remove one validating node operated by Ripple, until no entity operates a majority of trusted nodes on the XRP Ledger.

We believe these efforts will increase the XRP Ledger’s enterprise-grade resiliency and robustness, leading to XRP’s continued adoption as the best digital asset for payments.
v3teran

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:21:22 PM

I hold a small amount of ripple just to see what happens.
Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 07:31:02 PM

Evryone known what xrp in the last year ( something like 30000% ). The ripple project is workin' like future bank. In Your opinion is possibile for Ripple become the new global currency for the world?
Well, i don't believe that ripple will be the global currency in the future but i strongly believe that its value will appreciate significantly in the nearest future.  So whoever invest in ripple will have the course to smile in the nearest future though i will like to add that you should invest your money wisely not just because of what people say but you have to do your own research so that at the end of the day you will not have any one to blame for your decision but yourself.
Gronthaing
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 07:49:10 AM

In my opinion  XRP will be bigger than btc and etherium.
Btc too slow too expensive
And etherium too slow and toooo much of an attack vector trough one persons cult Wink
Praise lord vitalik, but not when he threatens to leave, right guys...right? Shocked
XRP -Universal currency!

Ripple is good coin but when they says it's a banks coin, I thought this is not decentralized so I'm not investing to this ripple. Ripple can't bypass bitcoin and ethereum to be the first money in the future.
Lol tell me how many tps etherium and btc can do
 Also tell me about the fees Wink
And tell me how long it takes to transfer them

Might as well advocate for people using paypal if that is what you care about. High tps, fast, low fees, and fully compliant with regulations and government pressure. As for how many tps, fees or whatever bitcoin can do, let's talk after the lightning network is here.

https://ripple.com/insights/top-9-frequently-asked-questions-ripple-xrp/

5. Is the XRP Ledger centralized?
This is a top misconception with the XRP Ledger. Centralization implies that a single entity controls the Ledger. While Ripple contributes to the open-source code of the XRP Ledger, we don’t own, control, or administer the XRP Ledger.

Ripple has an interest in supporting the XRP Ledger for several reasons, including contributing to the longer-term strategy to encourage the use of XRP as a liquidity tool for financial institutions. Decentralization of the XRP Ledger is a process that started right at its inception and has been ongoing since. In May 2017, we publicly shared our decentralization strategy.

First, we announced plans to continue to diversify validators on the XRP Ledger, which we expanded to 55 validator nodes in July 2017. We also shared plans to add attested validators to Unique Node Lists (UNLs), and announced over the course of 2017 and 2018, for every two attested third-party validating nodes that meet the objective criteria mentioned above, we will remove one validating node operated by Ripple, until no entity operates a majority of trusted nodes on the XRP Ledger.

We believe these efforts will increase the XRP Ledger’s enterprise-grade resiliency and robustness, leading to XRP’s continued adoption as the best digital asset for payments.

You honestly bought that bs? Or rather, are you hoping anyone buys that bs? Such decentralization, with those 55 validating nodes shared between ripple labs and their hand picked partners. And while ripple labs pretends the ledger isn't centralized, it also controls over 60 billion of the total 100 billion xrp. Guess what happened when one of the founders tried to sell his 9 billion xrp share? Other than the price plummeting that is. Ripple labs decided they didn't want him to and froze his coins. They can literally freeze transactions they don't like. And if that isn't enough they can also stop the entire network with their "global freeze functionality". Doesn't get more centralized than that.

Me thinks ripple is future.
More decentralized tha  bitcorn and etherium together  Smiley

So you've said. Repeatedly. Too bad that doesn't make it true.
Andre#

Activity: 737
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:12:26 AM

Evryone known what xrp in the last year ( something like 30000% ). The ripple project is workin' like future bank. In Your opinion is possibile for Ripple become the new global currency for the world?
Well, i don't believe that ripple will be the global currency in the future but i strongly believe that its value will appreciate significantly in the nearest future.  So whoever invest in ripple will have the course to smile in the nearest future though i will like to add that you should invest your money wisely not just because of what people say but you have to do your own research so that at the end of the day you will not have any one to blame for your decision but yourself.
In the past, I did not think the price of Ripple can be 1 Dollar like currently.
But the price of Bitcoin reached $20,000 and the price of Ripple reached $1 in the last year made my opinion for the price of Ripple changed.
For the potential and ability of this coin for the society and the world, I believe it will have value more than $100 someday, soon!
LancelotRay

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 10:25:21 AM

A lot of people are saying that it can't be the future because of the corporate banks but when you think about it, doesn't it make more sense that banks would push it to be the future exactly because of that reason? Of course, it's not a good thing to have a coin controlled by the banks as the future (especially in China in all places), but if it were to be established as the future, at least people would have a taste of what it's like and could then learn about other future potential cryptos.

Thoughts?
raymonddurk

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:32:19 AM

I doubt it. I won't comment on its usefulness of a technology but as a crypto currency it seems useless. It is super centralized, the nodes are selective, and it touts a 3s transaction time yet any major credit card is faster than that.
Alina_kr

Activity: 149

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:57:11 AM

Everything is possible! Since 15 of the world's top 50 banks use the Ripple technology to conduct transactions.
Blas

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 11:02:51 AM

I don't think Ripple is the currency of the future, but I believe that will be widely used. Some of big banks use it and I think the price right now is good to buy and invest as long term option.
bakulgarem

Activity: 361
Merit: 10

BIB Exchange

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 11:06:59 AM

it may be in the future because the current development is very good.

███     WHITEPAPER  |    TELEGRAM    ███ █     BiB Exchange     █ ███     TWITTER     |   INSTAGRAM     ███
S e t   O f f   t h e   W e b 3   G e n e r a t i o n   N o w
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄   ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE   ▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
yunuzov

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 11:09:34 AM

Sorry to say but ripple is nowhere near being the future of crypto world. It made some people rich because of the unique project and the hype but it’s not going to be everyone’s favorite because of the way it works.

afni21041506

Activity: 119

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 11:21:48 AM

yes my mine.
in my country ripple has been expanded with national bank
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 11:26:25 AM

Yes, it is a great technology and everyone wants to contribute to the development of this technology. The bitcoin is too cumbersome and inadequate. In general, everyone complains about it.
alexzorgo

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 11:54:03 AM

If to consider Ripple as one of options blockchain platforms, then it has prospects of development. Because Ripple isn't anything in the world of cryptocurrencies, except as blockchain platform any more. Considering the gradual interest of large banks and payment service providers in technology blockchain, that promotion in this centralized environment provides success to the Ripple project. And, naturally, any existing bank is interested in control as means and in control of the transactions. As offers them the Ripple project: completely under control platform blockchain
Black_bl

Activity: 503
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:15:00 PM

I really hate ripple but I am afraid there is a possibility
Don't worry friend, it's not possible. Purification is here and i'm glad, the crypto market need some time rest and a lot of coins should go back to zero. The main question is still here, how long it takes, we don't know.
Better worry friend, ripple is here to stay. Main question is, when does buttcorn die ? Wink
Ahh....all coins have one problem when they claim that their own coin is perfect and can be easy monetized. The problem is - it's open source.  Every a little smart bank would rather use technology and built own system based on this technology. To hire smart people who create this system is probably many times cheaper and the most important thing, banks never give away their power some dirty coin according to their opinion
valnd

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

Until the end of time

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:18:00 PM

Ripple is not decentralized. The reason why blockchain came in the first place is to have a decentralized network without control of any authority or Governemt etc but Ripple is not doing that rather it is centralized. So I don't see it as the future of currencies
Ratatouille1

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:18:51 PM

I think ripple is not the altcoin that will live long. In any case, if the power of America is not behind it Smiley

Too many negative features in it. It is centralized, speculation, and ripple does not need a token at all. So time will tell what will happen to this altcoyin, I personally do not hold it, although perhaps the future is really behind it.
MemberBerries

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:22:11 PM

Dont be salty see it this way.

Many Bitcoin fans criticize Ripple for being too centralized, too friendly with banks, too apolitical. Don’t they understand that virtual currencies are here to break the system?

These are the common refrains I hear about XRP, yet they are precisely what could lead to a resurgence in the crypto’s value. You see, XRP’s lack of political ambition saved it from completely alienating China, because it wasn’t a threat to the established order.

Call me a sellout, but I believe that’s a winning strategy. Don’t ruffle too many feathers. Solve a real business problem. Manage your growth effectively. These are the common traits of successful companies, and Ripple has them all.

Put another way, Ripple’s biggest weakness is actually its greatest strength.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: