Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 04:46:02 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: YES, you can get a REFUND from BFL  (Read 45589 times)
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 04:31:29 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2013, 09:04:20 PM by Xian01

We already know BFL wont gave refund and paypal wont gave refund after 45 days.  

Considering I requested a refund, formally, within 45 minutes of the sale, I'm hoping it should be a simple one-time open-and-shut case, not needing to escalate with Paypal at all.

All things considered, amazed I was able to order at all seeing as how they fired me as a customer.

Will make a good-faith effort to wait until EOD Monday Aug 12th before considering escalating with Paypal, because, well, doing otherwise would just be silly for everyone involved right now... Wouldn't want for BFL to set up yet another Paypal account before allowing their current one to reach good-standing...

--- EDIT:

BFL left this message with Paypal when looking into the dispute process for the account belonging to "support@butterflylabs.com". I have gone ahead and emailed dave@butterflylabs.com for a refund instead of opening a dispute.

Our Refund Process
We reserve the right to process refund requests on an individual basis. Pre-ordered products are non-refundable, as stated when placing an order, for the following reasons: * The funds are used in the build process, making the pre-order impractical to reverse. * To prevent Bitcoin price hedging. * To account for minimal customer service resources. We follow the US FTC's business guide for mail or telephone ordered merchandise, which states that: if no delivery terms are stated or agreed to, then 30 days should be assumed as the shipping deadline. Pursuant to which, we have consistently notified customers of our back-order situation, the non-refundability of their order(s), and the expected multi-month delay. Nevertheless, we realize unique circumstances can arise, such as when much distress was experienced by some customers during our long product-development phase. Please consider contacting dave@butterflylabs.com instead of opening a formal dispute process

---

"Pre-ordered products are non-refundable, as stated when placing an order" directly conflicts with Paypal's pre-order service terms, to the best of my knowledge. Furthermore, the verbiage "Pursuant to which, we have consistently notified customers of our back-order situation, the non-refundability of their order(s), and the expected multi-month delay" is an attempt at justifying infinite delays.
tom99

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 04:40:26 PM

Considering I requested a refund, formally, within 45 minutes of the sale, I'm hoping it should be a simple one-time open-and-shut case, not needing to escalate with Paypal at all.

All things considered, amazed I was able to order at all seeing as how they fired me as a customer.

You will get refund from Paypal for less 45 days and good lucky to you.
vcsmith (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 04:54:59 PM

Did anyone do bank CC charge back?

Promptly requested a refund with office@bfl. I imagine there will be no need to escalate that far in this particular instance...

Sure they will. That was the original point of this thread.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 08:56:43 PM

Will make a good-faith effort to wait until EOD Monday Aug 12th before considering escalating with Paypal, because, well, doing otherwise would just be silly for everyone involved right now... Wouldn't want for BFL to set up yet another Paypal account before allowing their current one to reach good-standing...

--- EDIT:

BFL left this message with Paypal when looking into the dispute process for the account belonging to "support@butterflylabs.com". I have gone ahead and emailed dave@butterflylabs.com for a refund instead of opening a dispute.

Our Refund Process
We reserve the right to process refund requests on an individual basis. Pre-ordered products are non-refundable, as stated when placing an order, for the following reasons: * The funds are used in the build process, making the pre-order impractical to reverse. * To prevent Bitcoin price hedging. * To account for minimal customer service resources. We follow the US FTC's business guide for mail or telephone ordered merchandise, which states that: if no delivery terms are stated or agreed to, then 30 days should be assumed as the shipping deadline. Pursuant to which, we have consistently notified customers of our back-order situation, the non-refundability of their order(s), and the expected multi-month delay. Nevertheless, we realize unique circumstances can arise, such as when much distress was experienced by some customers during our long product-development phase. Please consider contacting dave@butterflylabs.com instead of opening a formal dispute process

"Pre-ordered products are non-refundable, as stated when placing an order" directly conflicts with Paypal's pre-order service terms, to the best of my knowledge.
Ah, that is interesting. They are now accepting refunds under the condition that you show some kind of emotional distress?

I guess this means you should be in tears when calling up dave and requesting a refund. If you are too nice, or you lack emotional turmoil from the wait, then you are basically not needing a refund. Makes sense....
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 10:58:04 PM

--- EDIT:

Our Refund Process

"Pre-ordered products are non-refundable, as stated when placing an order" directly conflicts with Paypal's pre-order service terms, to the best of my knowledge.
Ah, that is interesting. They are now accepting refunds under the condition that you show some kind of emotional distress?

I guess this means you should be in tears when calling up dave and requesting a refund. If you are too nice, or you lack emotional turmoil from the wait, then you are basically not needing a refund. Makes sense....

What is this "hedging" crap  Huh  You pay @ current BTC exchange rate,you receive @ current exchange rate  Roll Eyes I think folks keep ordering & refunding to stay in the 45 day refund window ....not to "hedge"  Roll Eyes

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 11:02:18 PM

What is this "hedging" crap  Huh  You pay @ current BTC exchange rate,you receive @ current exchange rate 

Agreed. This "hedging" statement does not stand to reason.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 11:28:33 PM

What is this "hedging" crap  Huh  You pay @ current BTC exchange rate,you receive @ current exchange rate 

I feel for you Xian,getting forced refunded was a bunch of bullshit...why would you bother going & ordering anything from BFL  Huh

You got away from them,now you can say anything you want about them & pursue that "legal recourse",why hit a hornets nest with a stick  Huh

You may get stung & stuck with your order with them,THAT would be funny  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 12:07:43 AM

OTOH, if one makes a living via shorting the dollar, they could easily order, then cancel 44 days later, receiving the same exact dollar amount but has less buying power. Genius!

So glad BFL was wise enough to end this practice.

Boy, what I would give to sit in the hotel across the way, peering out the window and watching moving vans loading up and pulling away as their one year lease comes to a close.

I see Josh placing bids for advertising, but not winning any. In fact, I haven't seen one of their ads lately except on Sonny Vleisides' site, Webspawner.com, where at the bottom of most lottery scheme pages you'll find an ORDER NOW BFL ad. I honestly don't think Sonny learnt his lesson even though he had to dole out a whopping $100 fine for his 15 year running lottery scam of which fleece tens of millions from the elderly. But, I guess a guy can change from ripping off people's grandmothers to conning geeks.
Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 12:11:45 AM

I feel for you Xian,getting forced refunded was a bunch of bullshit...why would you bother going & ordering anything from BFL  Huh

*shrugs* I have no good answer for you, other than morbid curiosity. Was genuinely surprised the sale went through and my account with BFL wasn't locked after the ordeal of firing me as a customer.

LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 12:15:55 AM

http://bflfraud.com/

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 12:20:20 AM

I really don't know what to make of that site. It's quite the conspiracy theory and accusation. The dude writing it doesn't seem to playing with a full bag of marbles either :/

LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 12:22:10 AM

I really don't know what to make of that site. It's quite the conspiracy theory and accusation. The dude writing it doesn't seem to playing with a full bag of marbles either :/

The information is 100% accurate, the photos are real and the deal went down as described.

I GARRONTEE IT, as the old Cajun Chef used to say!

Wink

My $.02.

Corporations For Crypto
Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 12:24:13 AM

The information is 100% accurate, the photos are real and the deal went down as described.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be all Fox Mulder "I want to believe !", but I'm going to have to be Dana Scully on this one, unfortunately.

Wild story, either way.
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 12:33:07 AM

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be all Fox Mulder "I want to believe !", but I'm going to have to be Dana Scully on this one, unfortunately.

Wild story, either way.

Believe.

Corporations For Crypto
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 04:00:43 AM

I'm almost curious to order myself, just to see when it actually shows up.  Obviously won't make ROI but 2.7Btc isn't that much. 

And of course if you order through paypal, the end of September is less then 45 days away, so you should be able to cancel. I don't really feel like signing up for paypal though. They kinda suck.

zaki

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 07:06:08 PM

How do I get a refund if I paid by bitcoin?

My biggest financial lost so far, I didn't listen when people said BFL was a scam.
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2013, 07:18:06 PM

My biggest financial lost so far, I didn't listen when people said BFL was a scam.

Simple.

You can't.

Sad

My $.02.

Corporations For Crypto
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 07:20:57 PM

Call them up and tell them how hard their delays have been on you, and let them know you'll be filing reports with the Attorney General and FTC if they refuse to honor your refund request.

Buy & Hold
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2013, 09:58:24 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2013, 04:51:56 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

I didn't listen either when my friends kept telling me that my ex-girlfriend was a whore. Ain't it amazing what a tight pussy, small tits and a butterfly tattoo on the left thigh does to a guy? But enough about your miner, let me tell you about why I refused to believe my ex was a whore.
Noogsy

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 09:52:19 AM

Please, where to find paypal's preorder TOS ?
Am beeing denied refund,too...

*edit* found it in this thread !

---
Cheers
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: