Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 03:06:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: YES, you can get a REFUND from BFL  (Read 45589 times)
bcp19

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 04:51:21 PM

What has happened with BFL chips? Were they on time?
I don't think the shipping date has arrived yet.

*edit*
Chips sales started Jun 15, so mid September would be the 100 days.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 05:01:17 PM

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 05:03:31 PM

BFL will make it in time, right?

You just know they will...(I hope)
Bicknellski

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 05:20:49 PM

Not if Josh doesn't stop playing around the forums with trolls. Doesn't he have shit to do like get product from the loading dock to a paying customer that cut the order line or something?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
bcp19

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 05:23:56 PM

Not if Josh doesn't stop playing around the forums with trolls. Doesn't he have shit to do like get product from the loading dock to a paying customer that cut the order line or something?
Hmm, the chips are ordered already, so they are outside of BFL's hands being manufactured by an outside company, yet if Josh is not hard at work the manufacturer will stop working too?  Wow.  Just wow.

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 05:30:39 PM

If you have ordered from ButterFly Labs and have not yet received your product, you are entitled to a refund whenever you request one (per FTC rules).
First ask ButterFly Labs for a refund, they will probably say no but you might get lucky.
If you ordered via PayPal you can file a complaint with them even if you are outside the 45 day window. Multiple customers have already gotten a refund from PayPal that was outside the 45 days.
If you ordered via Bitcoin or Bank wire, you can fill out a complaint with the FTC at  http://www.ftc.gov/complaint and they will advocate for you with ButterFly Labs to get your refund. You can also contact the office of the Kansas Attorney General and inform them that you have had your money taken with no product delivered for months, just more promises.
You can also do a paper filing with the DA here: http://da.jocogov.org/complaint-forms

There are also several threads on how to get a refund from ButterFly Labs, here are two:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=266945.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=272585.0

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Viceroy

Merit: 501

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 06:36:17 PM

Hmm, the chips are ordered already, so they are outside of BFL's hands being manufactured by an outside company, yet if Josh is not hard at work the manufacturer will stop working too?  Wow.  Just wow.

Do you suck Josh off with that mouth?  Are you his lover?  (only a lover could continue to defend him as you have).
bcp19

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 06:49:29 PM

Do you suck Josh off with that mouth?  Are you his lover?  (only a lover could continue to defend him as you have).
I live in Iowa and as far as I know, Josh lives in Kansas City... I don't think his cock reaches this far.

You are mistaking my pointing out your outright fantasies and fallacies as defence.  You could have been talking about BPM and Bicknel and I would have made the same comment.  Grow up already.

Viceroy

Merit: 501

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 06:53:23 PM

So you are arguing just to argue?  What a waste. 

The rest of us are here to warn unsuspecting noobs that BFL is a long con scam run by a convicted mail fraud felon who is far more interested in generating short term cash flow than delivering product to the people who pre ordered and never received them.
bcp19

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 06:56:20 PM

So you are arguing just to argue?  What a waste. 

The rest of us are here to warn unsuspecting noobs that BFL is a long con scam run by a convicted mail fraud felon who is far more interested in generating short term cash flow than delivering product to the people who pre ordered and never received them.
Ah, yes, I see, insinuating product not under BFL's control won't ship because Josh is not hard at work IS a legitimate long con scam accusation, thank you SO much for [pointing that out to me.  I didn't realize just how your convoluted logic worked.

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 08:43:10 PM

Putting thread back on track due to BFL fanboi derailing.

If you have ordered from ButterFly Labs and have not yet received your product, you are entitled to a refund whenever you request one (per FTC rules).
First ask ButterFly Labs for a refund, they will probably say no but you might get lucky.
If you ordered via PayPal you can file a complaint with them even if you are outside the 45 day window. Multiple customers have already gotten a refund from PayPal that was outside the 45 days.
If you ordered via Bitcoin or Bank wire, you can fill out a complaint with the FTC at  http://www.ftc.gov/complaint and they will advocate for you with ButterFly Labs to get your refund. You can also contact the office of the Kansas Attorney General and inform them that you have had your money taken with no product delivered for months, just more promises.
You can also do a paper filing with the DA here: http://da.jocogov.org/complaint-forms

There are also several threads on how to get a refund from ButterFly Labs, here are two:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=266945.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=272585.0

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
vcsmith (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 09:02:26 PM

...Multiple customers have already gotten a refund from PayPal that was outside the 45 days...

That's right; it worked for me.  Who else?  Chime in gentlemen.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 09:11:19 PM

Don't forget about Sept 15th guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Shocked Roll Eyes

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 11:16:14 PM

I don't think the shipping date has arrived yet.

*edit*
Chips sales started Jun 15, so mid September would be the 100 days.

Of which, ironically, coincides with Sonny Vleisides' probation ending on September 15, 2013, imposed upon him by a judge, along with only a $100 fine, for fleecing the elderly to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars with his 15 year running lottery scam.
BTCscraper

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 11:37:16 PM

I already got a file number from the KS AG.  Let's see what kind of investigating they will be doing.

Butterfly Labs has a different interpretation of the FTC Mail Order Rule.  You do not have a refund option with the BFL Monarch no matter how late they ship.
"... In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." -- Albert Einstein
"Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more you sweat, the luckier you get." -- Ray Kroc
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 03:18:31 AM

I already got a file number from the KS AG.  Let's see what kind of investigating they will be doing.

I blasted 5 emails to the FCC today, and WILL make a personal phone call tomorrow.

Full Disclosure: I may either lie a tad or lot during the conversation. I have to, otherwise Josh will be considered a liar for calling me a liar, thus must follow through.
Bicknellski

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 08:49:25 AM

I already got a file number from the KS AG.  Let's see what kind of investigating they will be doing.

I blasted 5 emails to the FCC today, and WILL make a personal phone call tomorrow.

Full Disclosure: I may either lie a tad or lot during the conversation. I have to, otherwise Josh will be considered a liar for calling me a liar, thus must follow through.

Where is the "proof" that Josh called you a liar? Then insert (Expletive, some badly veiled threat to expose your proclivity to be a pedophile to your boss in an attempt to get you fired and lose your only means to support you family and a few more expletives and some how explain that you know absolutely nothing about bitcoin and that he is an expert) Did I summarize that correctly?

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 08:54:06 AM

Where is the "proof" that Josh called you a liar? Then insert (Expletive, some badly veiled threat to expose your proclivity to be a pedophile to your boss in an attempt to get you fired and lose your only means to support you family and a few more expletives and some how explain that you know absolutely nothing about bitcoin and that he is an expert) Did I summarize that correctly?

I own a barn wood business, thus my proclivity (note to self, Google that) to be a goatophile is a standard claim to fame in that industry.
btcdrak
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 05:13:32 PM

So it begins. The DA has opened a case against BFL http://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMining/comments/1l5oz5/kansas_ag_replied_to_my_consumer_protection/
18RATTT

Activity: 282
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 05:19:18 PM

sic em boy

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: