Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:13:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 120 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy New Years! Seventh alt coin thread!  (Read 34141 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (4 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
KaydenC

Activity: 610
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 05:07:26 PM

It's 1235$, which was converted from 1000euros.

You sold them good. If you could ship them to Romania,Europe, I'm sure I would get a better price at all, but I don't think is convenient for you Smiley

I'm willing to let some of my 1080tis go at $1250 + shipping if it interests you. Will be heading to my farm in a week and shipping via DHL will take 3-4 days.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 05:28:41 PM
Last edit: January 22, 2018, 05:52:55 PM by citronick

Hi, sorry to disturb again, is available one live distro linux based, like smOS, with neoscrypt miner inside?

Cheers W_M

you can use ccminer or sgminer in smos to mine neoscrypt

I use the ccminer-skunk version with the following string...

-a neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://neoscrypt.hk.nicehash.com:3341 -u 1MeNT9pFtQvQ9BNzHrtbnSNwVE9WjeLjmW.$rigName -p x

or sgminer-v5.5-the one for Pascal or the latest one just added a few days ago.
I dont think I was successful using the param below but when it worked briefly it hashing very poorly compared to NVIDIA cards.

-k neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://neoscrypt.hk.nicehash.com:3341 -u 1MeNT9pFtQvQ9BNzHrtbnSNwVE9WjeLjmW.$rigName -p --no-submit-stale -I 13 -w 64 --thread-concurrency 8192 --gpu-threads 2

=======================================================

On another note, I gave up on the Vega rig project.

Its too expensive to start a Vega farm.

Good as new - posting offer here first at Phil's thread.

6 x Vega64 (Sapphire)
2 x Vega64 (Gigabyte)
2 x Vega56 (Gigabyte)

Offer starts at 1.5 BTC for all 10 x Vegas.

Note: Given the hotness of this highly in demand GPU, expect to compete and give best offer

No partial offers.

Without shipping charges.

DHL shipping recommended.

Ships from Singapore.

PM if interested - serious buyers only - if you need escrow we can get Phil to help.

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
wolf_miner
Legendary

Activity: 1018
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 05:39:09 PM

Thanks a lot for the help citronick.

Cheers W_M
martyroz

Activity: 325
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:27:39 PM

6 x Vega64 (Sapphire)
2 x Vega64 (Gigabyte)
2 x Vega56 (Gigabyte)

Offer starts at 1.5 BTC for all 10 x Vegas.

$1,500+ USD each? Is that a typo
BogdanCo

Activity: 729
Merit: 513

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:20:48 PM

You sold them good. If you could ship them to Romania,Europe, I'm sure I would get a better price at all, but I don't think is convenient for you Smiley

In which Romanian City/Town are you living? Cheesy
Smontiel

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:31:29 PM

guys a newbie question, can you get paid in zencash at zpool?
sNaKeyz0r91

Activity: 131
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:48:23 PM

I'm willing to let some of my 1080tis go at $1250 + shipping if it interests you. Will be heading to my farm in a week and shipping via DHL will take 3-4 days.
No offense, but I said that my local retailer is selling 1080ti's for 1235$, which is about 1000euros. That means I get them new with invoice and no shipping (free).

I don't know if you're from Europe, but I asked Phil if he sells some and send them to Europe, but I don't know how much shipping and taxes.

In which Romanian City/Town are you living? Cheesy
Bucharest Smiley
Moondoggie

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:22:13 PM

Seems it won’t be long till that’s considered really cheap!
Can’t find many places stocking my Ti strix oc any more, will have to consider setting some loose.
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:36:43 PM

Anyone have an update on recent Onda D250 boards from Sidonia? She told me earlier this month that they had the v1 boards in stock  and I made an order for them. Now she is saying there is shortage on the PCB material and the production will be delayed, which were supposed to be in stock in the first place. First order from Alibaba and getting jittery at this point...

Shortage on PCB material? I call bullshit as that would be like a shortage of cement for building houses (can it happen - theoretically, yes - but it's bloody unlikely).

GabryRox

Activity: 600
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:43:51 PM

Thanks to everyone here who helped me get my 1070ti rig up and running. Let's just say that I have been very pleasantly surprised by the extreme ease of setup and use of these Nvidia GPUs! Makes me kick myself for waiting so long to branch out from AMD.

I've had this rig running on ETH+DCR for a few days without 1 single crash or issue. I know that ETH is not the best use for these but wanted to try it out with a miner/coin i was very familiar with out of the gate.

Now that I know it's super stable, I was about to start mining ZClassic via MPH. But, I just realized that Claymore's Equihash miner is AMD-only, so I would like to ask for some recommendations for good Nvidia miners.  

The 3 I have seen mentioned are EWBF, Silent Army, and Nicehash (I am not using NH is that makes a difference)... so was wondering what your experiences have been with these 3 and any others. Thanks!

EWBF, DSTM, and BMiner are the current Windows-based contenders.
 Silent Army (zawata) is quite a bit behind the curve on equihash.
 Nicehash uses EWBF as an external miner (and I think they added DSTM support in a recent version) and stopped developing their own equihash miner months ago.

I am still astounded at how easy setting up and running my Nvidia rig has been. Firstly, the drivers install in like 3 minutes... vs a about 20 for AMD.  Since launching, it's been running 2-3 days on ETH+DCR then another 4+ on ZCL.  In that time, not 1 crash, 1 restart... nothing! Running smooth, silent and cool non-stop since launching it! I cannot say anythign even close to that for my 470 rigs... even the 2 better ones lol.  Needless to say, I am now a big fan of team green and not only will be selling my Vega's to eventually get more 1070ti's but also considering not building the 570 rig I've been collecting parts for. So much less to worry about with Nvidia, although certainly i have a small sample size in only 4 cards running for 1 week so far.  But, i lost almost half a day on one of my 470 rigs yesterday... windows update (since I was wary of that intel bug and wanted to patch it). Once it finished, it took me about 4 hours to get it back up and running. Yes, partly my fault cuz i forgot i had to run the pixel patcher after re-installing new drivers, which was already after running DDU in safe mode lol. But still, just a major frustrating PITA!
VyprBTC

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:50:15 PM

Thanks to everyone here who helped me get my 1070ti rig up and running. Let's just say that I have been very pleasantly surprised by the extreme ease of setup and use of these Nvidia GPUs! Makes me kick myself for waiting so long to branch out from AMD.

I've had this rig running on ETH+DCR for a few days without 1 single crash or issue. I know that ETH is not the best use for these but wanted to try it out with a miner/coin i was very familiar with out of the gate.

Now that I know it's super stable, I was about to start mining ZClassic via MPH. But, I just realized that Claymore's Equihash miner is AMD-only, so I would like to ask for some recommendations for good Nvidia miners.  

The 3 I have seen mentioned are EWBF, Silent Army, and Nicehash (I am not using NH is that makes a difference)... so was wondering what your experiences have been with these 3 and any others. Thanks!

Nicehash uses EWBF as an external miner (and I think they added DSTM support in a recent version) and stopped developing their own equihash miner months ago.

I am still astounded at how easy setting up and running my Nvidia rig has been. Firstly, the drivers install in like 3 minutes... vs a about 20 for AMD.  Since launching, it's been running 2-3 days on ETH+DCR then another 4+ on ZCL.  In that time, not 1 crash, 1 restart... nothing! Running smooth, silent and cool non-stop since launching it! I cannot say anythign even close to that for my 470 rigs... even the 2 better ones lol.  Needless to say, I am now a big fan of team green and not only will be selling my Vega's to eventually get more 1070ti's but also considering not building the 570 rig I've been collecting parts for. So much less to worry about with Nvidia, although certainly i have a small sample size in only 4 cards running for 1 week so far.  But, i lost almost half a day on one of my 470 rigs yesterday... windows update (since I was wary of that intel bug and wanted to patch it). Once it finished, it took me about 4 hours to get it back up and running. Yes, partly my fault cuz i forgot i had to run the pixel patcher after re-installing new drivers, which was already after running DDU in safe mode lol. But still, just a major frustrating PITA!

LOL Yeah I built 1 AMD rig had it running for about 6 months but I sold it couple days ago. From having to have stupid HDMI plugs to super slow deployment to having to flash bios and all that other crap, I just like the ease of nVidia too.

Win10 is not an issue either.

I do need to figure out a script to 1 click install that would seal the deal for me Smiley
bubbAJoe

Activity: 50

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:53:04 PM

Anyone have an update on recent Onda D250 boards from Sidonia? She told me earlier this month that they had the v1 boards in stock  and I made an order for them. Now she is saying there is shortage on the PCB material and the production will be delayed, which were supposed to be in stock in the first place. First order from Alibaba and getting jittery at this point...

I ordered last week and the last I heard was that they would ship out at the end of January, and that would be it until after the Chinese New Year.  She's said nothing about any delay due to materials.
dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:57:25 PM

I ordered last week and the last I heard was that they would ship out at the end of January, and that would be it until after the Chinese New Year.  She's said nothing about any delay due to materials.
Regarding the "she" part, isn't it suspicious that all the sellers from Letine are young pretty girls? I bet we are actually chatting with fat old guys Smiley
VyprBTC

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:17:51 AM

Regarding the "she" part, isn't it suspicious that all the sellers from Letine are young pretty girls? I bet we are actually chatting with fat old guys Smiley

Sales 101 homie. Any time I would be pitching or closing a new client I made sure to bring one of the pretty loan girls or even my secretary. Just shut up and smile is what I'd tell them. Works every time.
GabryRox

Activity: 600
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:39:08 AM

Yeah, this is really a crazy situation. Again, both AMD & Nvidia's demand forecasters severely screwed up

Not a fair or accurate statement.
 There was NO WAY they could have predicted a SECOND massive price jump on almost all cryptocoins in the same year would lead to a SECOND huge wave of demand.

The situation is not helped by CAPACITY LIMITATIONS at every 14/16 nm production line, to the point ALL of them have been running flat-out since they got up and running at ALL.

Nvidia in particular had no reason to expect as massive a demand spike as they got - traditionally AMD gets the bulk of mining sales, but THIS TIME AROUND it was Nvidia that got hammered FIRST.

I see your points, but I think these companies are mostly clueless regarding crypto. Corporations are slow to adapt, and I think they haven't acquired the expertise to navigate this market. I don't see how Nvidia got hammered first btw, AMD was completely out of stock before Nvidia.

Not THIS time around.
 Nvidia was pretty much out RIGHT after Christmas other than "huge markup gougers" on anything higher than the 3GB 1060, AMD still had quite a bit of stock left at "pre-Christmas norm" pricing for over a week past that point before THEY got into the same position on RX 570/580 cards (Vega has been OUT for a lot longer, likely due to continuing issues limiting production on HBM 2 memory).

I don't understand it myself, unless NVidia had a HECK of a Christmas season while AMD's was only so-so, or Nvidia is already shifting production in the initial ramp-up to the Volta consumer cards that I anticipate being announced in late March (yes, there can and USUALLY IS that much lead time on getting chips out of a foundry, getting them distributed to manufacturers, and getting the cards themselves built and some "launch stock" built up).

OK... to be a bit more fair to the demand analysts at both companies... I agree that it's maybe not reasonable for them to predict the DEGREE of this mid-Nov to early Jan... but most certainly some kind of Q1-Q2'17 pump should have at the very least been included in their scenario analysis.  I would give them almost a complete pass on that early '17 situation since there was no precedent for it. But that event itself should have been considered as a potential precursor for another such rise in prices, and hence, demand for GPUs.  As someone who has done this type of work, I would be expected to at the very least to make management aware of these scenarios. Maybe they did and they were just quashed by moron directors that know nothing about crypto, we will never know for sure... but most certainly, somebody dropped the ball big time at both companies. Again, not saying they should have predicted the Degree of spike but they clearly ignored the possibility outright.

As to the timeline of stock disappearing... this is what I observed:

- I was able to get 3 Vega 56's from NewEgg in mid-Nov for $450 each.  Maybe 7-10 after that I realized prices going up, then they were pretty much gone by first week of Dec
- This is what started me looking into Nvidia cards. I was out of the country for about 11 days and back just after xmas and in the next few days, was able to get 4 1070ti's for about $500/each.
- By the time i decided i wanted more just a few days later, they were either gone or way above retail.
- That started me looking into rx 570s. Was able to get an MSI 570 8GB from newegg for $300 on Jan 3rd and 4GB variety for $270 on Jan 8th.  Since then, nothing readily available at all for a reasonable price.

So, it seemed that top-end AMD dried up first, then top-end NVidia (1070 and up - actaully 1070 & 70ti's seemed to go first closely followed by 1080s. I remember there still being 1080tis available for $800 when I was looking for more 70ti's), then AMD mid-range (570-580) was next to go.  Granted, it seems very likely that a big cause of the Vega shortage is the shortness of HBM2. Once those intitial blower style Vegas were gone, it's just been way too long for any amount of custom ones to hit the market, and only a very very few have.

rs1x

Activity: 284
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:55:18 AM

Same - I had a firesale of all my AMD cards.  sold 14 and I have another 4 to go.  NVIDA plus linux = miners dream.
philipma1957 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 7873

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 01:03:34 AM

Fuck bios flashing.

Repeat  fuck bios flashing

one more time fuck bios flashing.

@  alibaba   buyers.   I was told they  ran out  and was given a refund for the new version.  I ordered a sample of 1.  She refunded my paypal 191 usd.
 I have given her  almost 4300 usd in orders  a total of 31 mobos. She also told me  10 people mentioned me  as referrals.

I hope you all did paypal. 

Yeah  I would like to think  she is young and pretty.  Could be my Granddaughter. 
I am almost 61  I could have  22 or 23 year old  grandaughter. 

I do consider them to be the better seller then the people that sold me the suspect k17 board.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
VyprBTC

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:42:37 AM

Fuck bios flashing.

Repeat  fuck bios flashing

one more time fuck bios flashing.

She also told me  10 people mentioned me  as referrals.

I'll bump  that big fuck you to bios flashing lol. I only did 1 rigs worth and it wasn't that difficult with the batch flasher but I still had a bit of anxiety doing it. Even if I brick a card I would just get a refund, but it's still a hassle and wasted time, to me time>$$$

And yeppers - I mentioned Philipma sent me - give me a deal! Kept swearing I was already getting the best deal though hahaha.
bubbAJoe

Activity: 50

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:56:26 AM

Sidonia Huang
2018-01-17 19:49

Dear Bubba,

Delivery will be made at the end of this month, mass production will be ready at the end of this month,

all clients are waiting for the end of month delivery, we will update you at the first time once ready Smiley

Best regards

Sidonia
KaydenC

Activity: 610
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 03:19:32 AM

Also have an order with sidonia. She mention shipping by end of this week or early next week. During my purchase a 22nd jan delivery was mentioned.

Hope it arrives in time with my 1070ti batch. Never want to go back to risers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 120 »
  Print  

Jump to: