Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 07:25:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [BTCP] BitcoinPrivate: A Truly Private Bitcoin [Equihash]  (Read 117233 times)
Ned Kelly

Activity: 170
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:56:28 AM

In my opinion it's better to buy bitcoin in order to qualify for this fork. Bitcoin price will not be affected by this fork price. On the other hand zcl price will drop. Also, there is no guarantee that combine zcl and bitcoin private combine price will be higher than zcl price now. So it will be gamble for zcl holders and free money for btc holders.
SmileyBob

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 10:32:37 PM

In my opinion it's better to buy bitcoin in order to qualify for this fork. Bitcoin price will not be affected by this fork price. On the other hand zcl price will drop. Also, there is no guarantee that combine zcl and bitcoin private combine price will be higher than zcl price now. So it will be gamble for zcl holders and free money for btc holders.

Where is the guarantee that btcp will be listed on a high-volume exchange before april 1st 2018?  I say there will be a huge panic sell on zcl, then miners with old cards (7950 & 280x) will shut down all their hardware... there will be a lot of older gpu available, and maybe the retail prices for newer gpu will go down as well...

The mining prices don't look good for after that fork, miners will run away from zcl into the zec, then will panic because of the increased difficulty... Since the difficulty will go up on the profitable coins and we'll lose zcl (low price) & zec (too difficult), hush (difficulty varies too much), btg & komodo (difficulty too high compared to whattomine results)...
recession is coming and will last for at least 2-3 months until bitcoin recovers to usd $18,000.
monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:26:37 AM

If you are already holding BTC, or purchasing BTC with other alts, the fork really is like free money. However I think if someone is buying with fiat, or wants significant upside, then the reasoning changes. You'd have to use much more fiat or alts to buy BTC to get the equivalent BTCP you'd get buying ZCL. And for people with limited funds I think it is probably much better to buy ZCL for the fork than BTC. Say someone has $10,000 to invest. The upside if they buy BTC for the fork is only 1 BTCP.  Right now for the same amount of $10k they could buy almost 70 ZCL. So while there is more risk the upside is potentially much better with 70 BTCP. So in that case I think it would be better to buy ZCL to qualify for the fork than wasting time moving $10k around to get 1 BTCP.
SimpleMan

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:45:32 AM

If you are already holding BTC, or purchasing BTC with other alts, the fork really is like free money. However I think if someone is buying with fiat, or wants significant upside, then the reasoning changes. You'd have to use much more fiat or alts to buy BTC to get the equivalent BTCP you'd get buying ZCL. And for people with limited funds I think it is probably much better to buy ZCL for the fork than BTC. Say someone has $10,000 to invest. The upside if they buy BTC for the fork is only 1 BTCP.  Right now for the same amount of $10k they could buy almost 70 ZCL. So while there is more risk the upside is potentially much better with 70 BTCP. So in that case I think it would be better to buy ZCL to qualify for the fork than wasting time moving $10k around to get 1 BTCP.

Although it makes sense what you say there is still a high chance of massive dumping even before the snapshot. Those who bought at a few dollars already are at 40x. They have sufficient reason to sell and neglect the fork which would most likely make them not as much money as the bull run with ZCL has already.

abonarea
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:55:47 AM

This is good only if you bought Bitcoins in dip or holding for long time and same for other coins which allow you to qualify for airdrop. If you sell your altcoins for any of these just to get some free that is not wise move in my opinion. It is like you are gambling on a thing which has no base yet while taking risk of loosing already established coins.
Hakamoto

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:10:11 PM

Excellent company! Sneterpeny I will wait for development of this project! I wish this project great success!

snowyNNN

Activity: 422
Merit: 251

Pasl [Xci-r.i.p.] Eth Zcl Kmd Zen Rep Xmr Sc Neo

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:43:56 PM

BPrivate will be worth more than Zclassic is now and likely more than just before the snapshot however much that will be.

When Zclassic forked this spring to Zen, The Zen was worth almost double the Zcl price when Zen trading opened and you still had the original Zclassics of course!

Also, most BPrivate coins held by Bitcoin holders are not readily available for trading due to forkcoin extraction being kind of a hassle.
How many of you who have Bitcoin have taken measures to have access to your BDiamond or SuperBitcoin or many other of the Bitcoin forks, except maybe Bcash and Bgold ?

█▀▀▄░▄▀▀▄░▄▀▀▀░█░░░  Xmr Sc Pasc Rlc Zen           ✦       (\__/)       ✦
█▀▀░░█▀▀█░░▀▀▄░█░░░  Zcl Kmd Ltc Rep Dash                  (='.'=) 
█░░░░█░░█░███▀░███░ Pasl [Xci-r.i.p.] Eth Btc             ✦   (")_(")  ✦           ▲▼ Anonymous ▲▼ Community Driven     XULT.com
babybonoba

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:13:44 PM

Very excited about BTCP.  I originally had been mining BTCZ as one of my "lower ranking cryptos" "just in case", but upon reading more about BTCP I've realized that it is the better coin.  BTCZ = 21 BILLION coins total while BTCP will have closer to 21 MILLION.  The fact that BTCP is a fork off of BTC and honors holders of BTC also gives the coin more validity in the cryptosphere, while BTCZ started from block 0.  To be honest I prefer Monero as the king of anonymous coins but BTCP could have a successful future and so I support it.
Lisk_beginner

Activity: 649
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 01:50:19 PM

Do you know if bittrex will support this fork please ?
I search on the Télégram but i find nothing

Thank you
M4nUnit

Activity: 72

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:55:39 PM

Imagine I'm an investor with $10k and want free BTCP.

I can buy around 55 ZCL actually, and that will give me 55 bitcoin private. Even if BTCP is around $200 (it will be much more, but it's the minimum it can be) that is a $11k gift.

If you leave your ZCL you'll have a drop, but you'll earn money in any case, it sounds to good to be true for me, can someone explain me if I missed something?

ciappa

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:55:43 PM

Do you know if bittrex will support this fork please ?
I search on the Télégram but i find nothing

Thank you

This is a very good question. Due it is not a very popular fork IMO can be that no exchanges support Bitcoinprivate fork. Who has made expieriences on forks with binance? Binance was supporting the last forks?  Huh

███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██ ▀███▀  ▀█
██        ▀█
██▄       ██
█▀█▄     ███
██▄▄▄▄▄█████

██████▀▀▀███
█████  ▄▄███
████    ████
█████  █████
█████▄▄█████
Whitepaper
Announcement
Bounty
  ███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███
  ███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███

▄▄
                  ▄▄████
              ▄▄████████
          ▄▄███████▀████
      ▄▄█████████▀ █████
  ▄▄███████████▀ ▄██████
█████████████▀  ████████
   ▀▀██████▀  ▄█████████
       ▀▀▀  ▄███████████
           ▄████████████
           █████████████
           ████▀  ▀▀████
           ██▀       ▀██
easypeasy

Activity: 213

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:07:34 PM

I can buy around 55 ZCL actually, and that will give me 55 bitcoin private. Even if BTCP is around $200 (it will be much more, but it's the minimum it can be) that is a $11k gift.

If you leave your ZCL you'll have a drop, but you'll earn money in any case, it sounds to good to be true for me, can someone explain me if I missed something?

at this moment zcl is really btcp futures, immediately after the snapshot zcl's value will drop to around 2 or 3 $'s then we have to wait a couple of days to collect our btcp which will hopefully be trading at $200 and up

As long as the devs manage to pull of they're end and assuming btc is stable then i see it as a no lose situation, like finding free money down the back of the settee, i think btcp will trade at a minimum $300
dunchy

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 09:20:40 PM

at this moment zcl is really btcp futures, immediately after the snapshot zcl's value will drop to around 2 or 3 $'s then we have to wait a couple of days to collect our btcp which will hopefully be trading at $200 and up

As long as the devs manage to pull of they're end and assuming btc is stable then i see it as a no lose situation, like finding free money down the back of the settee, i think btcp will trade at a minimum $300

Sweet dreams guys Smiley

FBTC was a litmus test as LBTC will be in the near future (as soon as the flood gates open) just watch as BTC dumpers put astronomical down pressure on price. It'll take 24H tops to floor it from triple digits $ to less than $50. As for ZCL,  keep your finger on a trigger and make an immediate market order as soon as you see fork block has passed.
zoza14

Activity: 79
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:10:20 AM

Hey guys, so how are we claiming if we are BTC holders?

Importing keys or signing a message?

Anyone knows?
memii
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:13:59 AM

Anyone knows?

You will have to use private keys by sweeping them you will be able to claim once it will be ready at the end of this month. Be sure to send your existed coins on new address and claim used keys of empty addresses for extra security and safety reasons. No matter what the protection level project offers.
zoza14

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:30:31 PM

Anyone knows?

You will have to use private keys by sweeping them you will be able to claim once it will be ready at the end of this month. Be sure to send your existed coins on new address and claim used keys of empty addresses for extra security and safety reasons. No matter what the protection level project offers.

Thanks for the answer. But just to make sure, this is right for the holders of ZCL private keys and BTC private keys, right? In order to claim we will have to import keys?

Because in this thread it is stated that holders of BTC will need to sign a message to prove the ownership while holders of ZCL will have to import keys, since the fork is essentially happening on ZCL network.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinAirdrops/comments/7ylb9r/i_see_zclassic_is_still_going_up_and_now_190_usd/

And to add, interestingly in the faq on the website and in this thread we can only read that btcp will be claimable by importing ZCL keys, nowhere are mentioned BTC owners.

So once again, which one is it right piece of information for BTC holders?! 

Thanks
Travis726

Activity: 102

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:44:33 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2018, 03:56:03 PM by Travis726

What is the reasoning for not announcing the block the snapshot will occur at?  Because it screams insider trading.... (the devs/people in the know can sell their zcl after the screenshot before everyone else does).  Not exactly a "fair start" imo (one of the points made on bitcoin privates website.)
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:48:21 PM

is it really that hard to check the website.

How do I receive BTCP?

When the hard fork occurs, a snapshot of all existing ZCL and BTC holdings will occur. Anyone holding ZCL or BTC in a wallet or supported exchange will be credited Bitcoin Private (BTCP) at a 1:1 ratio. For example, if you hold 15.4 ZCL and 0.1 BTC, you will receive 15.5 BTCP.

Travis726

Activity: 102

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:57:14 PM

How do I receive BTCP?

When the hard fork occurs, a snapshot of all existing ZCL and BTC holdings will occur. Anyone holding ZCL or BTC in a wallet or supported exchange will be credited Bitcoin Private (BTCP) at a 1:1 ratio. For example, if you hold 15.4 ZCL and 0.1 BTC, you will receive 15.5 BTCP.

im guessing you are responding to others?
zoza14

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:58:07 PM

How do I receive BTCP?

I guess he's responding to me!

Sorry but this still doesn't answer a question, how do the BTC holders claim their BTCP!!

For the ZCL holders yes, you need to import your keys into the client, but nowhere was clearly specified what BTC holders exactly need to do in order to claim!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: