Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:49:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [BTCP] BitcoinPrivate: A Truly Private Bitcoin [Equihash]  (Read 117229 times)
easypeasy

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:57:32 PM

you need to have your btc or zcl in a wallet with private keys to be able to claim btcp, keeping on an exchange won't work for the swap

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Zontop

Activity: 854
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:59:38 PM

Does one need to register for this or is simply owning BTC sufficient to receive BTCP

You don't need to register anywhere. Simply if you own your private keys transfers existed funds on few addresses to make sure of maximum safety. Then when you see good timing to claim just go ahead and swap your old used keys to claim BTCP. This is simple if you have gone through the process earlier.
doovers

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 07:24:51 PM

You don't need to register anywhere. Simply if you own your private keys transfers existed funds on few addresses to make sure of maximum safety. Then when you see good timing to claim just go ahead and swap your old used keys to claim BTCP. This is simple if you have gone through the process earlier.
Thank you for the response. When you say "good timing" what do you mean by that? Also are you suggesting that the BTC holdings should be in multiple wallets? Or did I misunderstand? I currently have it all in an Exodus wallet at the moment
lonesomestranger

Activity: 770
Merit: 112

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:16:17 PM

Hi have a little bit of BTC.  But it is stored on an exhange.  How do I receive BTCP?

Hi, you will recieve BTCP on a ratio of 1:1 for BTC or ZCL you are holding! Of course not all exchanges support the fork, you can find all informations on BTCP website https://btcprivate.org ! If you like the project you can buy some ZCL and hold them in ZCL Electrum wallet(supports the fork), and you will recieve the same BTCP as ZCL you hold!

klofanowik

Activity: 39

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:34:30 PM

Waiting for the fork. Eager to see BTCP launch, I like the project a lot, also it's like looking into the future and seeing BTC almost mined out, that surely is some marvelous sight. Privacy is one of the best features to have.
What will happen with ZCL afterwards? Any directions for it?
Good luck with this project!
langewach

Activity: 62

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:43:30 AM

Waiting for the fork. Eager to see BTCP launch, I like the project a lot, also it's like looking into the future and seeing BTC almost mined out, that surely is some marvelous sight. Privacy is one of the best features to have.

I think they said it will be continued
fracas

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

Multiversum

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:56:08 AM

Quite unbelievable Bittrex still has not stated a position about this fork. It's one of the big thing around and it really deserves much more than this treatment.

█≣≣≣MULTIVERSUM≣≣≣█▐4th GenerationRelational BlockchainPre-ICO-Starts on 01 March,2018 until 31 March 2018
        WHITE PAPER                  ANN THREAD                                        3rd part blockchain applications infrastructure
✔     Reddit     ✔     Medium     ✔     Facebook          Telegram     ✔     Twitter     ✔
ETP_mining_pool

Activity: 65

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 10:20:30 AM

We did own fork for Zclassic wallet Smiley Now we have BTCP paper wallet. Please check info below:

‼️‼️‼️ BTCP Wallet breaking news! You can get your BTCP Mainnet (live network that will start ~2nd March) wallet address at the http://wallet.btcprivate.pro
You will get public and private key - save them both. After Desktop wallet being released you will able to add your generated address to app using your generated private key. If you have your ZCL private key - enter it on "Wallet Details" tab and you will get Bitcoin Private address where you will have your forked BTCP. You can use this address for mining.
Site using local address generate mechanism, so it's safety to use. If you don't trust anyone - disconnect from Internet before generating. 😀
Again: http://wallet.btcprivate.pro

Do not send messages about scam. If you dont trust this wallet - dont use it. If you trust it - DISABLE internet connection and generate own paper wallet and keys.

Test net ready!!! Guys Bitcoin Private (BTCP) Test  NET already works on our pool. Join us to get more info and start mine BTCP without delay.
You can test BTCP mining here: http://btcprivate.pro
Are you planning to mine BTC Private (BTCP)?? Join BTCP group and let’s do massive start.

Telegram group:

https://t.me/BTCP_Mining_Pool

If you ant receive only important updates and information about BTCP join channel.

Telegram channel:

https://t.me/BTCPrivate_Mining_Pool

site: http://btcprivate.pro
drygoatair

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:21:46 AM

Dev's will move on to BTCP. ZCL development will be done by the community. See the FAQ: https://btcprivate.org/#faq
CanErik

Activity: 756
Merit: 541

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:27:06 AM

Hi;

May we have BTCP community miner in future or will stick with existing?

Kind regards
Texacha

Activity: 480
Merit: 68

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:34:58 AM

ZCL development will be done by the community.
Back to 2$  Cheesy

I have no affiliate link, no bounty, no signature campaign... Only Proof Of Work!
Peke

Activity: 117
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:54:55 AM

ZCL development will be done by the community.
Back to 2$  Cheesy

Nope. Propably not even under $10. Anyways, going to buy more ZCL after fork when price settles. Then just forget it to wallet. You never know if someone's going to fork Litecoin Private or something else from ZCL.
JcJet

Activity: 60
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 12:35:45 PM

I've read the whitepaper.
There's nothing about their own contribution.
They just take the existing approaches in BTC and ZCash, and just mix them together.
In Section 7. The Future of Bitcoin Private they stated that they will implement new techniques, from another projects, when they will be ready.
One of the first improvements to be implemented post-fork is the new sapling, termed “Jubjub,” currently under development by the Zcash core development team. This new sapling will allow for a significant improvement in the speed and user-friendliness of shielded transactions for zk-SNARKs privacy coins. Another methodology for
improving the privacy of Bitcoin Private is to utilize the “Dandelion” privacy project currently under development. This technique involves the “stem” (the transactions) and the “fluff” (obfuscation). While any obfuscation procedure is inherently less secure than zk-SNARKs, Dandelion obfuscation could be added to both transparent and shielded transactions of Bitcoin Private, improving privacy across the board.
What's the value of this project? Just reading the other people research and copy-pasting the code to try to get your own piece of the pie?

We all agree that we need some privacy in crypto. But this privacy should be done by real developers and researchers, who can contribute something on their own. And it being done.
outdoorminer

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 01:37:10 PM

Hi have a little bit of BTC.  But it is stored on an exhange.  How do I receive BTCP?

Hi, you will recieve BTCP on a ratio of 1:1 for BTC or ZCL you are holding! Of course not all exchanges support the fork, you can find all informations on BTCP website https://btcprivate.org ! If you like the project you can buy some ZCL and hold them in ZCL Electrum wallet(supports the fork), and you will recieve the same BTCP as ZCL you hold!

Hey thanks for the info.

I want to send some bitcoin to cryptopia and exchange them for ZCL.  Do you think I will be able to send the BTC in time to the exchange because I have heard there is a backlog on the BTC blocks. Does anyone know how long it will take to send from coinbase to cryptopia? 

Also, will the price of ZCL be affected by the fork in anyway?
Xandan

Activity: 1106
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 01:45:54 PM

So mainnet will go live on 2nd march. Even I don't plan to claim immediately but for anticipation I will move my funds after green single of fork and make sure my keys are empty and available to use anytime. I will keep eye on short termed events if something moves the market upwards will jump in else keep them like this.
JcJet

Activity: 60
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:04:06 PM

Also, will the price of ZCL be affected by the fork in anyway?
Yes.
It'll go up before snapshot, beause people will buy it to get free coins.
And it'll go down after snapshot, because some of these people will sell it back.
There's a smarter traders, they've bought long ago, and it's already influenced a price. They also can wait for better oppertunities to sell it instead of selling it with the crowd. So price movement will definitely change after the fork.
The exact timing and magnitude is unknown, of course. But the price drivers are there.

Coach analytics. Don't take too seriously.
Socratees

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:12:19 PM

Something is not right here. There are 2 coins with the same name, Bitcoin pro (BTCP) and Bitcoin Private (BTCP). Huh
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:24:41 PM

Seems to me the devs doing all these forks have the most to earn by creating a forked coin of which they most likely have a lot of. So besides a generous pre mine (which most do), they also reap the coin match from the fork. Pretty clever way to make some quick crypto cash.

I notice the latest (forked) litecoin cash price really sucks right now lol. However I did mine it at launch briefly......

Lastly, just what we need.... another Equihash coin lol Roll Eyes

Although my main mining farm is and has been Equihash. I don't see this coin doing any better than the 5 or 6 coins we already have. Will be checking it out though.  Grin

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:31:39 PM

Glad to see OC Miner will have a pool set up for launch Wink

See ya there OC!

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
klofanowik

Activity: 39

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:38:23 PM

Dev's will move on to BTCP. ZCL development will be done by the community. See the FAQ: https://btcprivate.org/#faq

Got it. Thanks for your response!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: