Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:42:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ZET] Zetacoin - SHA256 - Upgrade to 0.13.2 (Segwit)  (Read 463811 times)
tuaris

Activity: 765
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 06:58:40 PM

The zetacoin android wallet is bad. It will always connect to the Internet even if I disconnect it. It eats my phone traffic without my permission. So maybe I have to identify it as spamware.

And the FreeBSD daemon has a strange problem. When I copy the wallet.dat to several different machines and run, all machines will generate an extra same address. I don't like this extra address, because I only want one address in my wallet.dat. Otherwise, why are the extra addresses the same? I guess they have been calculated by the same algorithm pattern? So maybe the source code has been hacked by bad guy?

I'm the maintainer of that port.
Can you PM me to explain what's happening?  I don't understand what you mean.

"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
skeem

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 07:16:58 PM

The zetacoin android wallet is bad. It will always connect to the Internet even if I disconnect it. It eats my phone traffic without my permission. So maybe I have to identify it as spamware.

And the FreeBSD daemon has a strange problem. When I copy the wallet.dat to several different machines and run, all machines will generate an extra same address. I don't like this extra address, because I only want one address in my wallet.dat. Otherwise, why are the extra addresses the same? I guess they have been calculated by the same algorithm pattern? So maybe the source code has been hacked by bad guy?

Can you PM me to explain what's happening?  I don't understand what you mean.

1. Start the zetacoind, so it has an address: ABC.
2. zetacoind getaddressesbyaccount "" shows it has only one address: ABC
3. Then backup wallet.dat to initial-wallet.dat
4. Send some coins to ABC,
5. zetacoind getaddressesbyaccount "" shows it has only one address: ABC.
6. After a while, zetacoind getaddressesbyaccount "" shows it has another address: PDQ
7. Stop zetacoind, delete wallet.dat,
8. copy initial-wallet.dat to /var/db/zetacoin/wallet.dat
9. Start zetacoind, zetacoind getaddressesbyaccount "" shows it has one address: ABC,
10. But after finishing synchronizing data, zetacoind getaddressesbyaccount "" shows it has address: PDQ too.
11. Copy initial-wallet.dat to another computer's /var/db/zetacoin/wallet.dat, and start zetacoind, zetacoind getaddressesbyaccount "" shows it has only one address ABC, but after finishing synchronization, zetacoind getaddressesbyaccount "" shows it has the same address PDQ.
12. But when I copy initial-wallet.dat to a windows computer, it always shows only one address: ABC.

Do I meet a ghost?

Coin Revolution
tuaris

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 07:24:22 PM

Can you PM me to explain what's happening?  I don't understand what you mean.

6. After a while, zetacoind getaddressesbyaccount "" shows it has another address: PDQ
9. Start zetacoind, zetacoind getaddressesbyaccount "" shows it has one address: ABC,
10. But after finishing synchronizing data, zetacoind getaddressesbyaccount "" shows it has address: PDQ too.
11. Copy initial-wallet.dat to another computer's /var/db/zetacoin/wallet.dat, and start zetacoind, zetacoind getaddressesbyaccount "" shows it has only one address ABC, but after finishing synchronization, zetacoind getaddressesbyaccount "" shows it has the same address PDQ.
12. But when I copy initial-wallet.dat to a windows computer, it always shows only one address: ABC.

Do I meet a ghost?

I believe what you are describing is the expected behavior since you are copying the entire wallet.dat file.  The addresses are already "pre-generated".  This is what Bitcoin refers to as the keypool: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Key_pool

Though that would not explain what your seeing on Windows.
I will look into this further.  Zetacoin has some quirks and this could be another.

Tyke
Legendary

Activity: 1441
Merit: 1161

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 07:26:39 PM

Zetacoin is in my book called Cryptocurrency "The Alt-ernative".  Here is first draft of IFC:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=356065.msg7131241#msg7131241

Zetacoin will look similar to this.  Coin specifications, history, exchanges and other miscellaneous details will be included.  Please help fund the publication of this book which I plan to publish this summer.  

ZaSz7txCRL2KnzZmFQT7NZkNAL33Qj4ih8

skeem

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 07:29:34 PM

Do I meet a ghost?

I believe what you are describing is the expected behavior since you are copying the entire wallet.dat file.  The addresses are already "pre-generated".  This is what Bitcoin refers to as the keypool: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Key_pool

I will look into this further.  Zetacoin has some quirks and this could be another.

Do you mean when the wallet.dat is generated at the first time, some addresses are "pre-generated"?

Coin Revolution
skeem

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 07:32:55 PM

Do I meet a ghost?

Thank you. I got it:
$ zetacoind --help | grep key
  -keypool=<n>           Set key pool size to <n> (default: 100)
  -salvagewallet         Attempt to recover private keys from a corrupt wallet.dat
  -rpcsslprivatekeyfile=<file.pem>         Server private key (default: server.pem)

Coin Revolution
tuaris

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 07:35:22 PM

Do I meet a ghost?

Do you mean when the wallet.dat is generated at the first time, some addresses are "pre-generated"?

Correct.  These three pages should explain how the keypool works and the purpose of it:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1414.0
http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/14069/key-pool-in-wallet-softwares
http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/5487/once-a-wallet-file-is-initially-created-does-the-reference-client-generate-addi

Basically it allows for safer backups.

skeem

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 07:42:09 PM

Do I meet a ghost?

Correct.  These three pages should explain how the keypool works and the purpose of it:

http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/5487/once-a-wallet-file-is-initially-created-does-the-reference-client-generate-addi

But I believe I backup wallet.dat and keep it safe is safer than the key pool.  Grin

Coin Revolution
skeem

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 08:00:54 PM

Do I meet a ghost?

I am sorry, I read them and want to do more test. I guess the paper wallet only has one key-pair. So I will test the paper wallet too.

Coin Revolution
gustav

Activity: 602

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 11:02:36 PM

are there good news? what's going on with zet?
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 11:28:45 PM

What FreeBSD is?
tuaris

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 11:36:58 PM

What FreeBSD is?

It's an operating system
http://freebsd.org

Netflix and Yahoo use it.

Praxis
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 12:46:58 PM

What FreeBSD is?

It's a UNIX OS, like Linux. To simplify it, we can say it's very similar to Linux (this definition will explain it for most people, even though it's maybe not technically correct)

Unix is like the "common root" of both Linux and FreeBSD -  FreeBSD being the closer  one to the "ancient" original (Unix is older than DOS/Windows)

FreeBSD has an even more liberal approach to licensing than Linux (the BSD license) that allows you to do anything with its code, even take it, modify it, and sell it (both APPLE MAC OS X and MICROSOFT WINDOWS did this, they took code from FreeBSD and used it as their own - especially MAC OS X / Darwin which is basically just FreeBSD with modifications )

FreeBSD is popular for its ports system that have been copied by Gentoo Linux and its rock-solid security

It's used a lot for servers like his cousins OpenBSD and NetBSD

The name BSD means Berkeley Software Distribution because it was created by the  University of California, Berkeley

FreeBSD is more popular for servers than desktops, but you can also use it for desktop because FreeBSD WILL RUN Linux software (most Linux software works in FreeBSD using "Linux binaries")
skeem

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 11:10:36 PM

Zetacoin has no special features.

Could someone tell me the advantage of zetacoin?

Could someone touch me to zetacoin?

Coin Revolution
SmokingSkull

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 12:06:18 AM

Look at the stats, its fast and has fast difficulty adjustment.
I don't consider Algorithms a feature, it doesn't matter what Algo a coin has, no matter what people are telling you.
Of course here is still the Core and ZBAD working on Zetacoin... not like with other coins.

The main thing is the people working behind the Coin, not inflation, not the Algo.

But well, many people are stupid enough to believe that a "stabilisation fund" ... "6 Hash Algos" or "X11" or a damn "Airdrop" would make Coins more precious, this was never the case.

Most Coins are Shitcoins
skeem

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 12:25:13 AM

Look at the stats, its fast and has fast difficulty adjustment.
I don't consider Algorithms a feature, it doesn't matter what Algo a coin has, no matter what people are telling you.
Of course here is still the Core and ZBAD working on Zetacoin... not like with other coins.

The main thing is the people working behind the Coin, not inflation, not the Algo.

But well, many people are stupid enough to believe that a "stabilisation fund" ... "6 Hash Algos" or "X11" or a damn "Airdrop" would make Coins more precious, this was never the case.

I can't find any adavantage, and I can't find any disadvantage too.  Grin

Coin Revolution
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 01:52:25 AM

Money doesn't matter. What you do with that money (or said otherwise, what this money allows to do) is what matters.

Zetacoin has a true goal, as Mintcoin has, as Monero has, as Noblecoin has, as X11coin has not. People are making the coin as much if not more than the technology. Hey! ask Dogecoin Smiley

David Latapie, proud owner of more Zetacoins than the average Zetacoin holder... and willing to be more than a passive holder Smiley

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:35:01 AM

What FreeBSD is?

It's a UNIX OS, like Linux. To simplify it, we can say it's very similar to Linux (this definition will explain it for most people, even though it's maybe not technically correct)

Unix is like the "common root" of both Linux and FreeBSD -  FreeBSD being the closer  one to the "ancient" original (Unix is older than DOS/Windows)

FreeBSD has an even more liberal approach to licensing than Linux (the BSD license) that allows you to do anything with its code, even take it, modify it, and sell it (both APPLE MAC OS X and MICROSOFT WINDOWS did this, they took code from FreeBSD and used it as their own - especially MAC OS X / Darwin which is basically just FreeBSD with modifications )

FreeBSD is popular for its ports system that have been copied by Gentoo Linux and its rock-solid security

It's used a lot for servers like his cousins OpenBSD and NetBSD

The name BSD means Berkeley Software Distribution because it was created by the  University of California, Berkeley

FreeBSD is more popular for servers than desktops, but you can also use it for desktop because FreeBSD WILL RUN Linux software (most Linux software works in FreeBSD using "Linux binaries")

Thank you  Smiley
skeem

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:49:56 AM

David Latapie, proud owner of more Zetacoins than the average Zetacoin holder... and willing to be more than a passive holder Smiley

You surprized me.

Coin Revolution
1Xman

Activity: 123

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:45:17 AM

having a wallet come with a phone is pertty cool, but cant you download a bitcoin or other coin wallet on an android or iphone anyway?

NTXCoin - 20%Free+75%IPO Next Exchange System address:13925608266698141013
NXt:NXT-SAFM-US3J-PZGR-46T6P
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 186 »
  Print  

Jump to: