Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:20:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2018 is the altcoins year?  (Read 1554 times)
R.Belmont (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:28:58 PM

hello everyone, in december of past year the bitcoin had your historical fall and some people's sayed which the reason was a "tree shaking," others said that increasing fees and delayed transactions made users migrate to other alternatives using others cryptos. Actually some cryptos like Ripple, Stellar, Litecoin and others experienced a good appreciation in this period. Some cryptos offer low fees, more speed in the transations and more facility in low valor transations.

Within this context what you attribute to the recent fall of Bitcoin? 2018 is the altcoins year?
andrewhyde

Activity: 30

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 04:36:49 PM

I'm on a ton of Telegram groups for new altcoins. Biggest change I see is that these alts have a huge "we need to build something bigger than a currency" mentality.
malia tring

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:41:02 PM

I do not agree if in 2018 this year altcoins, I still doubt if in 2018 this is the year altcoins, I believe in 2018 is still Bitcoin year, because it is impossible altcoins can match the price of Bitcoin, can we see bitcoin prices go up , maybe for altcoins need 2 or 3 more years to be able to beat the current bitcoin price.
jems

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:45:29 PM

I do not agree if in 2018 this year altcoins, I still doubt if in 2018 this is the year altcoins, I believe in 2018 is still Bitcoin year, because it is impossible altcoins can match the price of Bitcoin, can we see bitcoin prices go up , maybe for altcoins need 2 or 3 more years to be able to beat the current bitcoin price.
If the BTC price is stable then this is a good chance for altcoin to make a price correction.
all traders expect Bitcoin to be stable, and altcoin trading will return to crowded.
Let's wait and see.
pragna

Activity: 1582
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:46:46 PM

No, any altcoins can not same with main coin. I think it will also BTC year 2018 and alt coins will also jump but not like BTC.
Mei1418

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:48:20 PM

may be said that way, the development of bitcoin is currently inversely proportional to other altcoin. bitcoin is currently experiencing distress, unlike altcoin such as ripple, litecoin, and others whose increase is very large.
Chrizz

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:51:14 PM

Yeah it looks like 2018 could be a great year for alts. Many people that came into cryptos because they heard about bitcoin will discover all the alts and their great projects so i guess they will take their money out of bitcoin and put it into alts.
killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 04:52:36 PM

hello everyone, in december of past year the bitcoin had your historical fall and some people's sayed which the reason was a "tree shaking," others said that increasing fees and delayed transactions made users migrate to other alternatives using others cryptos. Actually some cryptos like Ripple, Stellar, Litecoin and others experienced a good appreciation in this period. Some cryptos offer low fees, more speed in the transations and more facility in low valor transations.

Within this context what you attribute to the recent fall of Bitcoin? 2018 is the altcoins year?

"Altcoins year" is way too general as there are altcoins and altcoins.
Altcoins with strong projects behind (QASH, Verge, ADA, ETH ...) will behave definitely way better than other pump & dump projects.

So, for sure that will be altcoins that will have a higher increase (%) than Bitcoin (usually still small projects that didn't have an important pump yet).
But Bitcoin will be always on top.

Before investing in altcoins, study with attention the whitepaper, team, dev/marketing activity on media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Telegram etc).

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
kueyen

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:54:27 PM

As far as more immediate returns are concerned, I think yes, 2018 may be altcoins' year. We probably will not see very wild and sudden swings in bitcoin price unlike last year, but investing in the right alts may yield returns higher than 200%. So if we are talking about making an investment and making money, altcoins are a great alternative this year.

R.Belmont (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:03:26 PM

As far as more immediate returns are concerned, I think yes, 2018 may be altcoins' year. We probably will not see very wild and sudden swings in bitcoin price unlike last year, but investing in the right alts may yield returns higher than 200%. So if we are talking about making an investment and making money, altcoins are a great alternative this year.

I also believe that we will not see the same movement in the price of Bitcoin compared to last year.
maxdsign

Activity: 52
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:05:38 PM

i am also looking on alts ,i think we can get a huge profit because bitcoin duping so fast now
Cryptosaint$

Activity: 102
Merit: 29

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:23:29 PM

I think 2018 and 2019 are going to be the altcoin years. The one main reason being: people are just starting to hear about them so the adoption rate is going to go from pretty much 1% to ungodly numbers.

Everyone that doesnt have a foot in crypto is just barely wrapping their minds around the concept of bitcoin. After they are done chewing on that, they will see that there are also altcoins available at a much more "affordable" price, according to their standards.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:24:15 PM

No!

Altcoins=bad  bitcoin=good

Buy lots of bitcoins and hold them forever so I can get rich when I sell mine.

Koobtcgal

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

Acewins.io

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 05:24:23 PM

In the firs place, bitcoin experienced a good growth rate in 2017. The drop in December is insignificant for me considering the rise from 1200$ to now around 13000$. Why altcoins getting better place on market? First Developers are doing a great work and secondly some people think it is a good idea to invest in altcoins which haven't experienced big growths. Imagine using 12000$ for 1btc while the same can give you over 1000000 0f an altcoin:D
despite this, I still choose btc as my primary wallet coin to hold

Hexah

Activity: 728
Merit: 265

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:32:26 PM

Well as far as I am observing I think it might be and I think they made a big boost on the last year too and it might be that this year they will be more pumped up. But I thought bitcoin being stable right now or in the coming days, weeks or even months would be the reason that altcoins would skyrocket because if there is stable support from bitcoin it is a good time too for some altcoins.
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 05:36:16 PM

The thing annoying its still Bitcoin Fee its ridicolous .
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:42:06 PM

The thing annoying its still Bitcoin Fee its ridicolous .

Hey bro! How’s prison treating you? Seen any good fat black cocks lately?

You aren’t switching to altcoins in 2018 are you? You made some serious bank with bitcoin. Don’t you wish you had used some of them to relocate to another country. LOL

pawanjain

Activity: 2688
Merit: 715

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:44:04 PM

I don't think the fall of bitcoin has anything connected to the rise of Altcoins, as both are different to each other and here in the crypto market each and every coin plays a major role in their self-development area and every single coin is different from each other and it all depends on their one's technology and their services. 2018 is really good for both bitcoin and altcoins and I expect the bitcoin to rise soon as it is rising from the correction which came last month. Even altcoins lie Monero, Ripple, IOTA, Waves are doing a good job and I am personally expecting that all these coins are going to give you more than double returns in this year as they are showing great potential and some good technical patterns in their charts.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
therealj

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:45:54 PM

I'd bet on my bags of altcoins to go 5-10X in 2018 long before I'd bet on BTC doing the same. BTC will surely make some swings up, but strong altcoin projects will ride the wave upward with BTC.
R.Belmont (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:50:07 PM

In the firs place, bitcoin experienced a good growth rate in 2017. The drop in December is insignificant for me considering the rise from 1200$ to now around 13000$. Why altcoins getting better place on market? First Developers are doing a great work and secondly some people think it is a good idea to invest in altcoins which haven't experienced big growths. Imagine using 12000$ for 1btc while the same can give you over 1000000 0f an altcoin:D
despite this, I still choose btc as my primary wallet coin to hold

I agree with you about the increase that Bitcoin had in 2017 and its decline in December is actually very low compared to its appreciation over the year. But I think we will not see a valuation as big as last year.

I also believe in the BTC, I still do not have 1 BTC to insure, I do day trade in Poloniex and I practice a good method that gives me good profits and I believe that I will reach 1 BTC soon and from there I will increase my amount even more to hold.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: