Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:23:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 146 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do I need to sell all alts?  (Read 10289 times)
Kosscoin

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:02:26 PM

It is not a good idea to sell all of your altcoins. I suggest that if you want to sell altcoins you should not sell it all. You must set aside some of it because who knows later on that coin that you have get a great value in the future.

Sell all the altcoins for what, just to sell or go to bitcoin? I think that you should not sell everything, there must be several perspective coins that you believe that they could bring you a good profit in the future. but there will still be a time when you need to sell everything and go into bitcoin because it will show very large growth.

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ramsay snow

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:11:46 PM

i think from time to time i sell everything i have. it is a constant question mark in the mind of the person.
i feel as if everything can fall in price overnight. for this reason it is very good to do some sales from time to time. at least you have some cash payday without losing everything Smiley

Mr Batman

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:14:19 PM

Good day,
 Do you think that BTC is going to reach 20k soon?
 If yes do I need to sell all alts and wait for rising BTC?
 What to do now ? I am confused!!!!

yes, you'd better trade all of your altcoins into bitcoins and wait until bitcoin prices reach $ 20,000 and sell your bitcoin.

SiDtHeBeSt

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:16:02 PM

Well, bitcoin fell down so if you had sold your alts it might have been a pretty big loss for you. So I think you should try holding a little amount of all good coins, which would minimize the chances of losing your money. And also you should not try to be greedy as it might cause even further losses.
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:18:00 PM

Good day,
If you believe that bitcoin will go up to 20k then just sell it, you also have to pay attention to why you think so? My analysis the bitcoin will go up slowly and I've bought it during yesterday's dump, I advise not to sell altcoin but look for the profits of altcoin that you hold now.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
MaksDM

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 12:55:51 PM

I think there is no particular reason to sell all the violas, just before buying them, you should study the schedule buying in a recession, I think you'll stay in positive territory or with your own.
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:01:35 PM

Although nobody could stop you in making your decision to sell all of your altcoins or not, you are 100% responsible for your risks. You have no one to blame but yourself because you are the one who makes the decision to sell all of it or not.

As for me, I would like to diversify by means of classifying them into 3 categories (short-term, mid-term and long-term holdings). When it comes to these categories, I would take a look at each altcoin's project concept, whitepaper, roadmap, social media activity and so on.

If I'm highly impressed with that altcoin's future, I would classify it to long-term holding. As for altcoins who doesn't have an impressive roadmap for the future, I would put them to the short-term category like giving it 2-3 months before cashing out to my pocket.

Just my two satoshis, friend.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
Irkytsk38rus

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

Araw ICO

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:34:58 PM

Do not buy just one bitcoin. Distribute your funds buy ethereum and other altcoins. If you put all in one coin very big risks and yield at bitcoin is not the greatest

MrJake

Activity: 91
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 03:15:26 PM

Good day,

I think there will be a pump soon. But that doesn't necessarily mean that you need to sell all your alt coins because you worked hard for it and you held it for good reasons i believe. the pup in BTC could also affect the alts in a good way. The fact is you have so many options as i see it. Do what what you think will work like keep on holding or invest in BTC for long term holding or do a short term like sudden shifts of investment when you feel that there will be a shoo-up.

|█ ▌     BGX.AI     ▐ █|
A DECENTRALIZED FINANCIAL PLATFORM FOR THE MOBILE GAMES INDUSTRY
|▌PRE-SALE STARTS : MAY 8, 2018▐|[/center
slashz9

Activity: 1554
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:01:44 PM

ust because the highest bitcoin price does not mean you can get a lot of money from it, I think hurrying to sell your whole altcoin is a bad choice, because bitcoin has gone up too high you will not be able to get that much profit from it. up every year, but the potential of altcoin will be higher because this is still early for them. this is just my advice alone the decision is in your hands
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:06:18 PM

The obvious temptation is to say that there are too many of them. After all, the cryptocurrency markets are littered with crummy coins that add little technical merit to the coins that they cloned, and which have no clear goal or community backing.

Sometimes they’re launched by enthusiasts from their basements, with good hearts but no idea how to execute. Sometimes they’re 'flashcoins', launched by smart fraudsters, intent on pumping and dumping for a fast buck. Either way, many altcoins are like the fast food of crypto. They’re no good for you. You’ll buy them, and receive no value. And half an hour after you’ve bought in, you’ll want another one.

Some altcoins may offer returns, but they’re like penny stocks: highly volatile, and difficult to predict. That makes investment difficult, especially when they’re entirely unregulated.

However, this still doesn’t mean that there are too many coins. In fact, we need them all.

You could not have said it better. Sometimes, it can become easy to form a cynical view of new coins and new projects, from single lone developers with little more than a good idea and basic blockchain coding skills. But you cannot blame the skepticism, more often that not, these flashcoins waste your time and resources. But I think what is worse is the big projects selling hot air who can spend tens of thousands of crypto dollars into marketing and promotion. They give no value, inflate market cap by millions and make people rich.

But you are right. Like it or not, this is decentralization. We need every bit of the picture to form the whole.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Fasdartin

Activity: 618
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:13:20 PM

The obvious temptation is to say that there are too many of them. After all, the cryptocurrency markets are littered with crummy coins that add little technical merit to the coins that they cloned, and which have no clear goal or community backing.

Sometimes they’re launched by enthusiasts from their basements, with good hearts but no idea how to execute. Sometimes they’re 'flashcoins', launched by smart fraudsters, intent on pumping and dumping for a fast buck. Either way, many altcoins are like the fast food of crypto. They’re no good for you. You’ll buy them, and receive no value. And half an hour after you’ve bought in, you’ll want another one.

Some altcoins may offer returns, but they’re like penny stocks: highly volatile, and difficult to predict. That makes investment difficult, especially when they’re entirely unregulated.

However, this still doesn’t mean that there are too many coins. In fact, we need them all.
For me its not wise idea because when you selling your coins there's possibility it will rise its value in this upcoming week. Maybe its better if you hold or if your going to sell  not all just few of them. Because there's a chance you can get more earning when you wait to rise the value.
tachi641

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:31:47 PM

No, it is not necessary to sell all the altcoins, rest depends on how you strategize your buying and selling your tokens. It depends on how you wait for the right time to buy your altcoins.
Yoshinoya

Activity: 335

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:21:47 PM

Its depends what altcoins yo have now, but you don't sell all your alts because we never know about tomorrow might alts will go up.
but this all on you can decide whether you want to sell or invest all in bitcoin.
themistocleess

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:52:33 PM

i think bitcoin will rise in the mid of the year, dont sell all altcoins just some to invest in BITCOIN and hold others, because altcoins will also rise

██████████████  CARTESI 📱 LINUX INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCALABLE DAPPS  ██████████████
https://cartesi.io/
kopijos

Activity: 523

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:06:52 PM

Good day,
btc is currently experiencing a significant downturn but we can be optimistic and sure if btc can put 20k in the next few months. you do not have to sell your altcoin all you have to wait for the coin signs to rise and you can sell the coins to buy btc.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
Olatunjex

Activity: 1064
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:13:33 PM

It doesn't look like there will be a pump anytime soon apparently it isn't predictable anything can happen within the blink of an eye especially if the fud doesn't come in anymore and new money come in because the market cap was 800b before coming down to 500b+ caused by the last two fuds which was bought by the cypto noob.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
valnd

Activity: 406

Until the end of time

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:24:04 PM

Don't sell your alts at a lost. Market will always go down but it will pick up again. Don't FOMO just relax and it will pick up again
Desscount

Activity: 1386

ComboLabs

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:25:03 PM

Good day,

there is not much I can do just like you, if I sell altcoin right now I think it will be a loss. because the value is fairly low. so I can only for speculation hold for the next few months. but if you have money saved, you can buy bitcoin with it.

hatun

Activity: 167
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:29:24 PM

I think btc will rise again but you should hold some btc as well as other altcoins. So that you can beneficial.Because if you sell all altcoins only for btc  but when it's price will be dump then you will be losser. But if you have some major altcoins along with btc then if one is dump then other may pump.So it will be better to invest equally on major currency.  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 146 »
  Print  

Jump to: