Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:36:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you been a victim of scams?  (Read 692 times)
ChrisCollins322

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Bitcointalk community manager

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:35:44 PM

1 time ICO 1 time shady exchange, sadly but thats true

▬▬▬▬ Bitcointalk community ICO manager ▬▬▬▬
kambaralikhan

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAPPS

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:59:29 PM

Fortunately I have never been a victim of scam but it doesn't mean that it will always be the case. I follow some golden rules which you should also consider before investing into any ICO and for the sake of awareness I would like to share.
Before investing in ICO, always read and understand the whitepaper of the project, it's road map, it's core team members and CEO background analsis. These important tips helps a lot to stay safe from scams.

cramblimp

Activity: 74

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:51:28 PM

I am really interested in this topic and am writing Bachelor thesis about types of frauds on the internet. I believe it is serious problem and it is important to share your stories so others would be aware of these issues.

Please share your experience, where you faced scams, what were your losses, do you know anyone else who faced same issues?

Examples of scams:
1.) Shady Exchanges
2.) Pyramids and Ponzi Schemes
3.) ICOs
4.) Mining software with malware
5.) Emails from scammers.

I will be really thankful for your stories!

P.S. Please specify scam websites, token names or projects in order to bring awareness.

I received an email that introducing they are the team of etherdelta then, the email was very presentable when I've read it. The content of the email sent to me including the link that they want me to confirm if I am the owner of that account address, then when I click on that given link, it was saying error. I have a doubt that time but I ignored it. After a few days, I noticed that my token lost in my wallet. It is a serious scam.
fitzzz

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:07:19 PM

credence coin...  i buy coin in exchange then after a week the price was dump because the dev disappeared
ChrisCollins322

Activity: 98

Bitcointalk community manager

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:19:16 PM

credence coin...  i buy coin in exchange then after a week the price was dump because the dev disappeared
have you made a research before buying?

▬▬▬▬ Bitcointalk community ICO manager ▬▬▬▬
Tashi

Activity: 391

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 05:21:13 PM

Fortunately, I’m still not victimized by any form of scamming but, I’m still not going to be confident, I always read about articles and threads here in the forum that could help me determine scams or any form, type of means.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
LEARNTOWIN

Activity: 26
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 06:14:05 PM

I dont know whether it is considered a scam or not

Coingather Exchange went without saying good bye

Please come back

I miss you Smiley
jbautistangina

Activity: 258
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 06:16:11 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2018, 09:06:05 AM by jbautistangina

No and i wont be a victim ever,i do some researching before i invest anything in the market,this sounds crazy but investment for me is a not as buying items and let it increase its value,investment is a job that you need to focus to be able to achieve success.You may find a lot of people complaining that they were scammed but its really their fault of not being aware that the ICO they are joining is a scam.

darklighter007

Activity: 320

FIRST SELF-SUSTAINING CRYPTO INFRASTRUCTURE

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 06:31:25 PM

I am really interested in this topic and am writing Bachelor thesis about types of frauds on the internet. I believe it is serious problem and it is important to share your stories so others would be aware of these issues.

Please share your experience, where you faced scams, what were your losses, do you know anyone else who faced same issues?

Examples of scams:
1.) Shady Exchanges
2.) Pyramids and Ponzi Schemes
3.) ICOs
4.) Mining software with malware
5.) Emails from scammers.

I will be really thankful for your stories!

P.S. Please specify scam websites, token names or projects in order to bring awareness.

I've never really been a victim of any scam and I Pray never to experience such. The key advice here is to do some investigation before partaking in any ICO and to adhere to certain principles when interacting with any online entities like;

• Do not click any suspicious link in your emails especially one that leads to your wallet.
  • Do not reply any email with your personal details.
  • Do not share your private key with anyone irrespective of the reasons provided by these entities.
  • Always check the URL of any site you are on to make sure they are encrypted and bare the symbol or trademark of the site you intend to visit.
  • Utilize search engines, forums & experts to obtain information about a specific subject or software before participating or downloading.

These are just few out of the many precautions that are to be considered in order not to fall victim to any scam.

mammoniter

Activity: 574

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 06:46:17 PM

Ever since my friend who taught me bitcoin is scammed and another was victimized by a phishing sites I've been very careful of my actions and investments specially when the offer is too good to be true. It is part of the risks in investing to cryptocurrencies and sadly it affects the acceptability of most legit project and tokens so I make sure to know how to spot these scams and be update for future threats.

Partizanai

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 08:53:34 PM

i have managed to avoid being scammed, i try not to download any suspicious files, i dont give out my private info
disam

Activity: 394
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 10:10:37 PM

my 85.000 $GRS would be worth around 150.000 $usd today i guess. But mintpal took it all and then went bankrupt. Also cryptorush and all my $UNO. well you give some you get some. It is water under the bridge. Happened a couple of years ago. Lesson learned - Never store your coins at the exchanges.
melted349

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 11:43:35 PM

I also have experience about Scam you mean .. but I am just a victim of a bounty scam. Not a victim of a coin investment scam .. then I followed the bounty of a project that has been said a big success but the project owner was blurred and no clarity about what I do and not in pay .. it is very disappointing but I am sincere ..
this is very in a common that we have to be more careful of it yes we cant say of who have the possibility to be scammed for but we all know that this is common to happen for and we see a lot of people may suffering i dont think that it may be one of the lesson to be learned for but we must have to be more careful for everything.
kingvirtus09

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 12:00:53 AM

Yes i been a victim of scam accusations and that's why i become stronger that before but after gaining knowledge from this people. i get smarter and invest my money wisely but before investing i make sure that i read a lot in whitepaper

valnd

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

Until the end of time

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:11:42 AM

Yes been a vitcim of ponzi scheme i am talking about MMM, GHW, MMMUNITED, coinr, lara and many more of them but that was when i was a novice in crypto. recently i have been scam by pump and dump trading channels. they will announce a coin. you will buy they will leave market the coin will crash. it will take month to climb again. I have learn that too. I am learning everyday.
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:03:56 PM

I am very carefully studying the projects of ICO in order not to give money to scammers. Also, I carefully look at the website address to not enter my password on the phishing site. Scammers find it hard to catch me.   
Robin789

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:53:58 PM

I was scammed by some bounty campaigns here as they didn't paid the participants after the campaign ended...  Cry
It was so enticing as they were giving bitcoins as reward but after the campaign, no payout was given.
It was an experience for me.
Trixie28

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:02:22 PM

Yes i am a victim of scam.I joined on then on the bounty I do their instructions but after it end no payment are rewarded on my wallet.
Partizanai

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:25:20 PM

still not scammed but i think it is inevitable, as scams get more and more elaborate
cposeidon

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

There's this site sierrahash.com that introduced me into mining so I invested 500$ , 3days passed and I earned the 500$ that I invested , after that the site vanished and I never reached that site again
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: