Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 01:07:16 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinTerra announces its first ASIC - Hash-Rate greater than 500 GH/s  (Read 230784 times)
Xmansk

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 09:44:08 AM

Will you ship to Europe? If so, how big will the delay be, comparing to US customers?

BTC: 13VR6e4XaGGhwq6LMGuFYdQWM5FwVqKSDY
LTC: LWyrhxuxJk8rVnGaUP98xPhVg445Qka1qr
DGC: DNgv3ZYpCwQR8spfgwANc8vAExq7danf7W
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 10:22:49 AM

Will you ship to Europe? If so, how big will the delay be, comparing to US customers?

Where in Europe are you based, and are you a VAT registered business? You need to consider this w.r.t. Price and speed of delivery.

In the UK without a VAT number you are held p by customs and have to pay 20%, plus now an additional 9% levy on top of the VAT price for orders from outside the EU over £135.

I found this out the hard way ordering from Bodybuilding.com early this year. Apparently there is some new levy introduced April 2012, and I should have split my order into two sub £135 denominations. Undecided

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Xmansk

Activity: 163

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 10:34:11 AM

Where in Europe are you based, and are you a VAT registered business? You need to consider this w.r.t. Price and speed of delivery.

In the UK without a VAT number you are held p by customs and have to pay 20%, plus now an additional 9% levy on top of the VAT price for orders from outside the EU over £135.

I found this out the hard way ordering from Bodybuilding.com early this year. Apparently there is some new levy introduced April 2012, and I should have split my order into two sub £135 denominations. Undecided

Slovakia and i am not VAT registered business

BTC: 13VR6e4XaGGhwq6LMGuFYdQWM5FwVqKSDY
LTC: LWyrhxuxJk8rVnGaUP98xPhVg445Qka1qr
DGC: DNgv3ZYpCwQR8spfgwANc8vAExq7danf7W
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 11:02:07 AM

Slovakia and i am not VAT registered business

Ok so you know, your own countries VAT and any relevant duties you need to pay, as well as the length of time your goods maybe held up as they chase payment if you're not a VAT registered business.

You need to factor that into consideration on top of a products retail price when purchasing from outside the EU.

High ticket items always get pulled at customs and no legitimate company will avoid declaring an items value, as;

1. That's illegal, and 2. They will have no recourse on a non-insured loss if the true value is not declared.

jlsminingcorp

Activity: 493

Hooray for non-equilibrium thermodynamics!

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 11:09:55 AM

Hi, import VAT would definitely be due if you're not VAT registered, but whether or not there is a customs duty on a product in addition to this depends on the type of product. For the UK, commodity codes can be found at (https://www.gov.uk/trade-tariff/sections). Bitcoinorama, I think your import came in as some kind of prepared foodstuff (e.g. commodity code 2106909832) and so a 9% customs duty was charged (or extorted depending on your viewpoint Wink) in addition to the VAT. For electronics imports into the UK many (all??) have 0% customs duty at the moment as far as I can tell. Please don't anybody take my word for this (there are thousands of commodity codes) - call your customs guys to check before ordering!!

Edit: actually, I don't know why I got "foodstuff" into my head from your previous post bitcoinorama, sorry - you could have meant lots of different things.

Bitcoin can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
BitFury ASIC miner hosted group buy [DONE MINING]
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 11:19:36 AM

Hi, import VAT would definitely be due if you're not VAT registered, but whether or not there is a customs duty on a product in addition to this depends on the type of product. For the UK, commodity codes can be found at (https://www.gov.uk/trade-tariff/sections). Bitcoinorama, I think your import came in as some kind of prepared foodstuff (e.g. commodity code 2106909832) and so a 9% customs duty was charged (or extorted depending on your viewpoint Wink) in addition to the VAT. For electronics imports into the UK many (all??) have 0% customs duty at the moment as far as I can tell. Please don't anybody take my word for this (there are thousands of commodity codes) - call your customs guys to check before ordering!!

F*** so does that only apply to food?! As the guy on the phone at the customs office could only tell me it was a levy, as I pressed him what for, he would only state; "it's over £135, this changed in April 2012, it's a levy", "levy for what?!", "it's a levy, you've got to pay it", in essense he didn't know idea what it was, or what he does and sounded like a Vogon from the Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

kmtan

Activity: 196

I love Bitcoin

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 11:21:24 AM

No more pre-order please...

jlsminingcorp

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 12:57:00 PM

F*** so does that only apply to food?! As the guy on the phone at the customs office could only tell me it was a levy, as I pressed him what for, he would only state; "it's over £135, this changed in April 2012, it's a levy", "levy for what?!", "it's a levy, you've got to pay it", in essense he didn't know idea what it was, or what he does and sounded like a Vogon from the Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Ahh, call centres, where would the world be without them?

I'm not an expert I'm afraid, but I know that there are different levels of customs duty (and in some cases excise duty) in addition to import VAT and that the levels of these depend on the product (or more specifically the commodity code). If you can navigate the horrendous flow chart on the HMRC commodity code page you should be able to work out what is due on a particular item, but since the descriptions here are often vague I'd imagine it's normally a good idea to get HMRC to confirm that you have the commodity code right. Your Vogon should have known this really, since it is his/her job!

How long did your stuff get stuck at customs btw? It would be interesting to know how long one might have to wait if a miner were stopped.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 01:03:27 PM

Ahh, call centres, where would the world be without them?

I'm not an expert I'm afraid, but I know that there are different levels of customs duty (and in some cases excise duty) in addition to import VAT and that the levels of these depend on the product (or more specifically the commodity code). If you can navigate the horrendous flow chart on the HMRC commodity code page you should be able to work out what is due on a particular item, but since the descriptions here are often vague I'd imagine it's normally a good idea to get HMRC to confirm that you have the commodity code right. Your Vogon should have known this really, since it is his/her job!

How long did your stuff get stuck at customs btw? It would be interesting to know how long one might have to wait if a miner were stopped.

Honestly, you won't want to hear this, but about 3 weeks. Well between two and three, but get this, it wasn't through lack of trying. I was speaking daily to bodybuilding.com as my order was already a month late from them, it's just Royal Mail had neglected to tell me it had arrived on our shores. If I hadn't have kept chasing them they would have eventually sent it back. I hate the way we have our goods hijacked and held to ransom. The best bit they charred an additional £8 holding fee for kidnapping your goods without telling you.

I wish there was someway to pay for the VAT/duty prior to it arriving say in the US side like you can with EU country sales. It would make it a lot easier. That £8 is nonsense and the hold up is an unnecessary inconvenience that negates anything to do with express or expedited deliveries!! Grrr....

jlsminingcorp

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 01:24:31 PM

Honestly, you won't want to hear this, but about 3 weeks. Well between two and three, but get this, it wasn't through lack of trying. I was speaking daily to bodybuilding.com as my order was already a month late from them, it's just Royal Mail had neglected to tell me it had arrived on our shores. If I hadn't have kept chasing them they would have eventually sent it back. I hate the way we have our goods hijacked and held to ransom. The best bit they charred an additional £8 holding fee for kidnapping your goods without telling you.

I wish there was someway to pay for the VAT/duty prior to it arriving say in the US side like you can with EU country sales. It would make it a lot easier. That £8 is nonsense and the hold up is an unnecessary inconvenience that negates anything to do with express or expedited deliveries!! Grrr....

Holy cr*p! I thought you were going to say a couple of days. That would be a serious problem with a miner! I think the CHIEF system (https://www.gov.uk/chief-trader-import-and-export-processing-system) could help expedite things, if I understand it correctly, but another way could be to use a freight forwarding company of some kind. I think many shipping companies can deal with customs paperwork and payment etc. as part of their service (for a fee). I'm sure that I've had FedEX do this for an import from the US a couple of years ago. I can't quite remember how it went, but I'm pretty sure that they just invoiced us for the VAT + fees once the stuff had been delivered and I don't remember there being a huge delay with this.

If a bunch of miners in the UK are importing similar things at similar times then it could be a good idea to group together to come up with a strategy to deal with this.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 01:29:13 PM

Holy cr*p! I thought you were going to say a couple of days. That would be a serious problem with a miner! I think the CHIEF system (https://www.gov.uk/chief-trader-import-and-export-processing-system) could help expedite things, if I understand it correctly, but another way could be to use a freight forwarding company of some kind. I think many shipping companies can deal with customs paperwork and payment etc. as part of their service (for a fee). I'm sure that I've had FedEX do this for an import from the US a couple of years ago. I can't quite remember how it went, but I'm pretty sure that they just invoiced us for the VAT + fees once the stuff had been delivered and I don't remember there being a huge delay with this.

If a bunch of miners in the UK are importing similar things at similar times then it could be a good idea to group together to come up with a strategy to deal with this.

Dude it's a lottery, it all depends which courier is selected. USPS, the standard postal service rarely gets a tug, but you wouldn't use that for this, and all high ticket items are pulled anyway. You have to declare them and any known courier for big ticket items, say; UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc. always, always get stopped. If the item is small enough to be carried by a postie, they may mug you at your doorstep, otherwise it's a piece of paper to call an HMRC distribution centre *if* they have been kind enough to actually tell you!!

Mine didn't, but on the plus side, Bodybuilding.com reimbursed me £120 as a gesture of goodwill.

On the downside, my next order which they enticed me with EU shipping, posted from an EU warehouse came from the f***ing US, so that was total BS as well!

jlsminingcorp

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 01:41:44 PM

Dude it's a lottery, it all depends which courier is selected. USPS, the standard postal service rarely gets a tug, but you wouldn't use that for this, and all high ticket items are pulled anyway. You have to declare them and any known courier for big ticket items, say; UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc. always, always get stopped. If the item is small enough to be carried by a postie, they may mug you at your doorstep, otherwise it's a piece of paper to call an HMRC distribution centre *if* they have been kind enough to actually tell you!!

Mine didn't, but on the plus side, Bodybuilding.com reimbursed me £120 as a gesture of goodwill.

On the downside, my next order which they enticed me with EU shipping, posted from an EU warehouse came from the f***ing US, so that was total BS as well!

By the way, any trolls watching who may be thinking of messing with you in the future should think twice now with the amount of body-building stuff you've got coming in from the US Wink!!

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 01:56:37 PM

By the way, any trolls watching who may be thinking of messing with you in the future should think twice now with the amount of body-building stuff you've got coming in from the US Wink!!

Lol. Wish I could threaten UK customs as easily with their ransom demands. They are like the Sheriff of Nottingham's men, for smaller ticket items sometimes it amazes me the figures they conjure up, you'd think 20% would be easy for them to calculate and add on top of what's already been paid! Wink

dan99

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 03:00:55 PM

Couldn't agreed more but we will see? Wink
ridnovir

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2013, 03:56:33 PM

dito.. would be nice to purchase a in stock item for next day delivery.
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 04:27:13 AM

CoinTerra is proud to announce the specs of our first ASIC chip – GoldStrike1 (aka GS1)

GS1 is a 28nm chip and will be one of the highest performance ASICs in the Bitcoin mining world with a hash rate greater than 0.5TH at a power consumption of significantly less than 1 watt/GH. More details later this month before we take preorders.

The GS1 chips are expected to arrive late Q4 2013.

Our website will be ready to take preorders later this month with a range of products involving one or multiple units of the GS1.

So I just ran the calculator using 63% Monthly increase (our approximate average over the last few months) and unless Cointerra can deliver at an amazing price point (like $4/Gh), I don't see these being very popular.  I really want there to be an upside to this, but when people are fighting over the end game where you're worried about making mining profitable vs. electricity costs, then we're talking about a couple dollars a day.

http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/a4a60f3d98

Someone please prove me wrong, I really don't want the days of the money printing machine to be over.
Anenome5

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 06:32:27 AM

CoinTerra is proud to announce the specs of our first ASIC chip – GoldStrike1 (aka GS1)

GS1 is a 28nm chip and will be one of the highest performance ASICs in the Bitcoin mining world with a hash rate greater than 0.5TH at a power consumption of significantly less than 1 watt/GH. More details later this month before we take preorders.

The GS1 chips are expected to arrive late Q4 2013.

Our website will be ready to take preorders later this month with a range of products involving one or multiple units of the GS1.

So I just ran the calculator using 63% Monthly increase (our approximate average over the last few months) and unless Cointerra can deliver at an amazing price point (like $4/Gh), I don't see these being very popular.  I really want there to be an upside to this, but when people are fighting over the end game where you're worried about making mining profitable vs. electricity costs, then we're talking about a couple dollars a day.

http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/a4a60f3d98

Someone please prove me wrong, I really don't want the days of the money printing machine to be over.
This is what I've been saying. And ultimately, the profit of mining should stabilize at just over the cost of electricity. The huge rush to ASICs was a consequence of the massive rise of bitcoin price suddenly.

When the price jumps again we'll see another rush to activate ASIC power. But always the game is to pay your ROI on your device before the difficulty catches up to marginal profit, which becomes the new normal.

Democracy is the original 51% attack.
Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2013, 06:36:53 AM

If a company offers a miner at a reasonable price, people are going to order it ahead of time, and by the time the company has it all their stock will already be accounted for.

rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 08:48:34 AM

If a company offers a miner at a reasonable price, people are going to order it ahead of time, and by the time the company has it all their stock will already be accounted for.

or not .. as we seen bfl .. avalon .... stop falling for these pre-orders ! no more pre-orders ! want to sell something ? have in stock !
ur0pl

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 06:17:18 AM

Someone please guess what the cheapest gh/$ will be and what the most cheapest and expensive units they could make. I need info, so I can prepare to get a loan. I want the most expensive products they have, please.

Because usa 20 amp households are limited to about 1920 watts continuous power. I don't think they could practically sell a unit more than 1.9 th/s based on the 1 watt per gigahash.

So, how much would a 1.5 TH/s unit cost? bitfury 400 gh/s units go for .05 gigahash per usa dollar while kncminer 400 gh/s unit goes for about .056 per usa dollar.

lets say that cointerra units sell for .15 gigahash per usa dollar. that would be 10k usa dollars. 

thats too expensive for me

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: