Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:06:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [POOL] GigaRho Profit-Switching Multipool (Scrypt,x11,sha256,neoscrypt,blake2s)  (Read 2734 times)
GEBucky
Copper Member

Activity: 127
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:23:03 PM

I may have missed if so apologies if you did this but would be great if you post advance warning of restarts - i get that some can't be planned. MRR just goes to backup pool and doesn't revert back. My own equipment reverted back fine.

one other question. Along with my S9's have 14 2Pacs running on a big hub with d=256. Its been behaving fine with minimal work restarts. But since the reboot the hash isn't showing up. the rig is as its the only d=256. appears fine on my side just not displaying hash on the site

its 15pCpgJpRoYv6f1BY2Jsck2zBTBKvFBBRF if you get a chance. has been running fine for weeks until the restart. maybe just reporting issue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GigaRho (OP)

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 10:38:31 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2018, 11:22:58 PM by GigaRho

I may have missed if so apologies if you did this but would be great if you post advance warning of restarts - i get that some can't be planned. MRR just goes to backup pool and doesn't revert back. My own equipment reverted back fine.

one other question. Along with my S9's have 14 2Pacs running on a big hub with d=256. Its been behaving fine with minimal work restarts. But since the reboot the hash isn't showing up. the rig is as its the only d=256. appears fine on my side just not displaying hash on the site

its 15pCpgJpRoYv6f1BY2Jsck2zBTBKvFBBRF if you get a chance. has been running fine for weeks until the restart. maybe just reporting issue

In this case, we had several days worth of changes/improvements ready to deploy, but an issue that we deemed important to upgrade as soon as possible for the benefit of miners was the reason we didn't give advanced notice. Ideally we want to ensure that normal updates have advanced notice, but for issues where we believe an immediate deployment is the best case for everyone then we'll use best judgment going forward.

As for the 14 2Pacs, there is a change to diff that we implemented which could be causing that. I'll go ahead and look into it further to see if tuning the difficulty down in the range of the 2Pacs can be accomplished without hurting S9s and capabilities of that nature. I can manually make a change now and if you wouldn't mind giving me performance feedback tomorrow after it has had some time for you to see results,  I can then tune it further to optimize things.

Update: We made another change based on your feedback, so apologies that it probably knocked your MRRentals again, but based on what I'm seeing so far, it seems to be a decent health improvement for S9s based on difficulty. That being said we are going to spend more time the next few days coming up with a plan on how best to allow the 2Pacs and devices of that nature. With the current network situation of all sha256 coins, we want to make sure that finding blocks is efficient and as profitable for miners as we can make the pool from our end. The changes we made today allow smoother operation of S9s, Nicehash rentals and further tech as network difficulty keeps rising. I'll continue monitoring and adjust as I can to benefit you and others on the pool, at the same time we won't restart unless necessary from this point forward.
GEBucky
Copper Member

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:45:52 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2018, 01:32:46 AM by GEBucky

In this case, we had several days worth of changes/improvements ready to deploy, but an issue that we deemed important to upgrade as soon as possible for the benefit of miners was the reason we didn't give advanced notice. Ideally we want to ensure that normal updates have advanced notice, but for issues where we believe an immediate deployment is the best case for everyone then we'll use best judgment going forward.

As for the 14 2Pacs, there is a change to diff that we implemented which could be causing that. I'll go ahead and look into it further to see if tuning the difficulty down in the range of the 2Pacs can be accomplished without hurting S9s and capabilities of that nature. I can manually make a change now and if you wouldn't mind giving me performance feedback tomorrow after it has had some time for you to see results,  I can then tune it further to optimize things.

Update: We made another change based on your feedback, so apologies that it probably knocked your MRRentals again, but based on what I'm seeing so far, it seems to be a decent health improvement for S9s based on difficulty. That being said we are going to spend more time the next few days coming up with a plan on how best to allow the 2Pacs and devices of that nature. With the current network situation of all sha256 coins, we want to make sure that finding blocks is efficient and as profitable for miners as we can make the pool from our end. The changes we made today allow smoother operation of S9s, Nicehash rentals and further tech as network difficulty keeps rising. I'll continue monitoring and adjust as I can to benefit you and others on the pool, at the same time we won't restart unless necessary from this point forward.
Thanks. the 2pacs were running fine, was just that the hash wasn't being reported. it finally showed up about an hour later. After the changes they are just constantly getting work restarts. Certainly suggesting you do anything that would comprise the S9s for 2Pacs Wink. and yes they all dropped again It also looks like the d=  is no longer being supported on S9s or anything on SHA. thats probably why 2pacs aren't behaving as. no longer on d=512. Looks like
everything is set to 100k on sha. I will keep an eye on the S9s and 2pacs.  Have about 130 thz at moment on SHA so more interested in the S9s Wink

**** Update ***. Read it wrong. looks like all SHA is forced to 1M diff. going to fire up a couple of T9s also and see how it goes. will leave 2pacs on for weekend but at 1m they are going to be pretty ineffective. Interesting though - the pool set the 2pac rig at 125m and getting restart every min or so. The website doesn't seem to be showing hash rate for a lot of rigs. they are listed but no hash. Maybe just a lag.

**** Update ****. MRR rigs dropping like flies - they are just hanging. Not sure what happened. They are all S9 clusters. But have had 3 of them gomdark in last 15 min. They had been running fine for 3 weeks on your site. might want to look into this. Not sure if its the MRR layer or what  but rigs that had been stable now won't hash. A few would finally pickup after few minutes. Moved the others over to Slush and will try again later.
GigaRho (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 02:53:35 AM

Thanks. the 2pacs were running fine, was just that the hash wasn't being reported. it finally showed up about an hour later. After the changes they are just constantly getting work restarts. Certainly suggesting you do anything that would comprise the S9s for 2Pacs Wink. and yes they all dropped again It also looks like the d=  is no longer being supported on S9s or anything on SHA. thats probably why 2pacs aren't behaving as. no longer on d=512. Looks like
everything is set to 100k on sha. I will keep an eye on the S9s and 2pacs.  Have about 130 thz at moment on SHA so more interested in the S9s Wink

Ok, thank you for the feedback. From our end, what we have seen it terms of S9 performance (and similarly powered machines) has been an improvement. In regards to the d= field, the pool still supports this, its just that it only recognizes values that are close to the new overall difficulty (basically low and impossible values are ignored), this is probably what is happening to your MRRentals. I believe you had them set to d=20000 before the change, if that was the case, can I ask that you try omitting a set difficulty for now, just having c=BTC in the password field and we can see if that baseline approach functions fine? With the changes we made today, the pool should respond more effectively at setting a difficulty for the machine at a 6x improved rate of accuracy.

What we did today is meant to improve beyond what we have seen over the past several weeks and set everything up as best as possible for the next several months (assuming no hardware producer releases far advanced iterations of their tech). The numbers from our end seem promising, but we don't see how it is physically affecting machines, so we rely on input from you and others to fine tune the settings to support as many devices as possible. I definitely appreciate you being vocal with real-time data on how your machines respond to our changes, it helps us to know how we can make things better for you.  Smiley
GEBucky
Copper Member

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:18:30 AM

Ok, thank you for the feedback. From our end, what we have seen it terms of S9 performance (and similarly powered machines) has been an improvement. In regards to the d= field, the pool still supports this, its just that it only recognizes values that are close to the new overall difficulty (basically low and impossible values are ignored), this is probably what is happening to your MRRentals. I believe you had them set to d=20000 before the change, if that was the case, can I ask that you try omitting a set difficulty for now, just having c=BTC in the password field and we can see if that baseline approach functions fine? With the changes we made today, the pool should respond more effectively at setting a difficulty for the machine at a 6x improved rate of accuracy.

What we did today is meant to improve beyond what we have seen over the past several weeks and set everything up as best as possible for the next several months (assuming no hardware producer releases far advanced iterations of their tech). The numbers from our end seem promising, but we don't see how it is physically affecting machines, so we rely on input from you and others to fine tune the settings to support as many devices as possible. I definitely appreciate you being vocal with real-time data on how your machines respond to our changes, it helps us to know how we can make things better for you.  Smiley
Thanks. My own S9's and T9's are running like a charm. The high diff results in a lot lower error rate. The MRR's haven't dropped in awhile which is good. May just move the 2Pacs to Slush for now. It's only 500 Ghz so not a real needle mover. My "Utility" on the S9's has gone down to about 0.2 but that's a tricky number so assume you guys are optimizing on your end - obviously at the high diff going to finding fewer blocks. Presumably the one's we find are move valuable.
Haven't hear of anything eminent on the HW front, other than the 16Ghz Dragon but that's not revolutionary (looks like a tweaked S9 to me). Time will tell.
GEBucky
Copper Member

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:13:35 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2018, 08:51:53 AM by GEBucky

Just tried two new MRR rigs - both around 35 Thz. Won't pick up your pool. Not sure the "optimization" included MRR. Getting "high worker difficultly " warnings. Hoping you can fix this as use MRR a lot to supplement and is now almost unusable. One of them picked up after about 5 minutes but finally just moved the over other as to late to deal with it tonight. Hopefully can get this sorted out - seems like just pegging everyone at 1M isn't really "optimization". Thought Vardiff was supposed to help optimize rigs to the pool.

Problems just getting worse - pretty much everything on MRR is hanging - high diff errors. Did you guys reach out to them before doing this? Fuck NiceHash - MRR is such a better site and you kinda just screwed us. No d= setting. Damn everything has been working really well for last month. this is REALLY frustrating. Seriously - who uses a 1M diff floor (except Nicehash). Slush, Multipool, almost every other pool can somewhat gracefully use Vardiff to manage this. You just jammed a 1M diff and there are a lot of rigs and services that won't play well with that. I am sure the intentions were good but I am going to have to pull all 150thz of MRR off as can't risk it going into limbo, which is what is happening. Please fix this.
GigaRho (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 08:15:34 PM

Just tried two new MRR rigs - both around 35 Thz. Won't pick up your pool. Not sure the "optimization" included MRR. Getting "high worker difficultly " warnings. Hoping you can fix this as use MRR a lot to supplement and is now almost unusable. One of them picked up after about 5 minutes but finally just moved the over other as to late to deal with it tonight. Hopefully can get this sorted out - seems like just pegging everyone at 1M isn't really "optimization". Thought Vardiff was supposed to help optimize rigs to the pool.

Problems just getting worse - pretty much everything on MRR is hanging - high diff errors. Did you guys reach out to them before doing this? Fuck NiceHash - MRR is such a better site and you kinda just screwed us. No d= setting. Damn everything has been working really well for last month. this is REALLY frustrating. Seriously - who uses a 1M diff floor (except Nicehash). Slush, Multipool, almost every other pool can somewhat gracefully use Vardiff to manage this. You just jammed a 1M diff and there are a lot of rigs and services that won't play well with that. I am sure the intentions were good but I am going to have to pull all 150thz of MRR off as can't risk it going into limbo, which is what is happening. Please fix this.

There were two changes we made to this yesterday, one of them has been reverted to previous settings (essentially a lower overall difficulty). Please let me know if this helps, the second change we made is definitely a health improvement and would like to keep it as long as its not effecting MRR. We will continue to tune to make it possible for as many devices/services as possible to work on sha, the range of devices stemming from back in 2012-2013 to today is a vast range to cover when they computationally don't work close enough. Ideally we want to find a solid middle ground while making sure we are set going forward.The S9s that physically connect look healthy on our end, something about how MRR splits up jobs to their rented rigs must be a cause for them specifically having issues.

Regardless thanks for letting me know about the MRR issue, hopefully this helps and if not we'll try to get it optimized asap.
GEBucky
Copper Member

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:40:24 PM

There were two changes we made to this yesterday, one of them has been reverted to previous settings (essentially a lower overall difficulty). Please let me know if this helps, the second change we made is definitely a health improvement and would like to keep it as long as its not effecting MRR. We will continue to tune to make it possible for as many devices/services as possible to work on sha, the range of devices stemming from back in 2012-2013 to today is a vast range to cover when they computationally don't work close enough. Ideally we want to find a solid middle ground while making sure we are set going forward.The S9s that physically connect look healthy on our end, something about how MRR splits up jobs to their rented rigs must be a cause for them specifically having issues.

Regardless thanks for letting me know about the MRR issue, hopefully this helps and if not we'll try to get it optimized asap.

I just put them back onto your pool - it appears they are sticking so I will keep my eye on them - Thanks
GEBucky
Copper Member

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:01:23 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2018, 04:02:03 AM by GEBucky

I just put them back onto your pool - it appears they are sticking so I will keep my eye on them - Thanks

good news is they have all stuck on your pool. My MRR hash and overall sha hash rate is bouncing around way more than normal however. i am continuously bouncing between 100 and 150thz on your site, which wasn't happening previously. no idea what root cause is but before yesterday it was just pegged at 140thz with little fluctuation.

** Update ***
has really stabilized over last few hours. Local and MRR all running fine on SHA now. Thanks for your ongoing communication.

GEBucky
Copper Member

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:38:25 AM

Thanks again for stabilizing the SHA pool. I get that trying to meet everyone's needs isn't easy. Put the 2Pacs on Slush and they are fine - I don't think you need to be optimizing for those right now. Stick with S9 and L3 effectiveness but MRR is important  - way cheaper and more reliable than NH albeit a bit more technical. All the MRR and L3's/S9's running great. I just ran some math and you are still smoking both Scrypt and SHA alternatives by a good margin. Not everyday, but in general has been 10 - 20 pct better than top coin on Wartz or Cointrackr. I will keep an eye on the MRR rigs - have a lot on LT so want to keep them with this pool. Again - really appreciate your responsiveness and flexibility.
nazzer

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:20:59 AM

If things are stabilised I'll bring back a few S9's here ... diff set too high for the S9 just increases variance and reduces chances of finding blocks.

Mine seem to be happy at d=10000, will move a couple back here later and see how it goes.

Vega 56 | Vega 64 | RX580 | GTX1070 | 1050Ti | S9 | L3+
GEBucky
Copper Member

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 09:11:30 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2018, 09:29:47 PM by GEBucky

If things are stabilised I'll bring back a few S9's here ... diff set too high for the S9 just increases variance and reduces chances of finding blocks.

Mine seem to be happy at d=10000, will move a couple back here later and see how it goes.
Agreed - 1M was just way too high - it would seem especially for alts. Obviously the pool operators know better than I do but my machines (and rentals) are way happier since they reverted back. My S9's are still at 262K which is pretty high. They were really cruising for a few weeks at 30K. I get that for straight BTC mining high diff makes sense. Just glad things are stable now. I am getting about 60 blocks a day on the S9's, about the same as the L3's.
GigaRho (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 10:11:22 PM

Agreed - 1M was just way too high - it would seem especially for alts. Obviously the pool operators know better than I do but my machines (and rentals) are way happier since they reverted back. My S9's are still at 262K which is pretty high. They were really cruising for a few weeks at 30K. I get that for straight BTC mining high diff makes sense. Just glad things are stable now. I am getting about 60 blocks a day on the S9's, about the same as the L3's.

Right now everything seems stable on our end and hearing feedback about how your machines are performing after enough time passes gives us a clearer picture to base our changes on. While we gather data from the current state of connected devices, we can see if adjusting it further is necessary, but only when we are required to do our next full restart/maintenance. If it were to make a stark difference we will do it sooner, but want to maintain consistency if possible.

In addition, we are continuing to look at our expanding list of possible coins and if they seem to provide benefit a few may be added soon. Its almost a nonstop effort to ensure we have a decent offering when we have to adapt to how the networks/markets are changing
GEBucky
Copper Member

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:48:23 PM

Right now everything seems stable on our end and hearing feedback about how your machines are performing after enough time passes gives us a clearer picture to base our changes on. While we gather data from the current state of connected devices, we can see if adjusting it further is necessary, but only when we are required to do our next full restart/maintenance. If it were to make a stark difference we will do it sooner, but want to maintain consistency if possible.

In addition, we are continuing to look at our expanding list of possible coins and if they seem to provide benefit a few may be added soon. Its almost a nonstop effort to ensure we have a decent offering when we have to adapt to how the networks/markets are changing

Excellent - keep up the good work Smiley. Any advance notice greatly appreciated on MRR side. Given how cheap SHA is right now I will probably grab another 50 - 100 thz for a month so good to know I can use it here. Wouldn't do it for straight BTC mining as have enough under contract there. Probably going to grab a few more S9's now that prices are down. Not sure how many more solar panels I can add (both physically and what my wife will tolerate).

Any idea when the XVG balance will pay? It's not a lot but just noticed it's been sitting there for a week. I am only doing BTC or LTC going forward - or will give you heads-up if want to switch.
GigaRho (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 12:27:47 AM

Excellent - keep up the good work Smiley. Any advance notice greatly appreciated on MRR side. Given how cheap SHA is right now I will probably grab another 50 - 100 thz for a month so good to know I can use it here. Wouldn't do it for straight BTC mining as have enough under contract there. Probably going to grab a few more S9's now that prices are down. Not sure how many more solar panels I can add (both physically and what my wife will tolerate).

Any idea when the XVG balance will pay? It's not a lot but just noticed it's been sitting there for a week. I am only doing BTC or LTC going forward - or will give you heads-up if want to switch.

Any coin that isn't BTC and LTC pays out when the balance that is pending for all balances across all accounts reaches the amount necessary to payout. That is based on how many blocks of that specific coin we find as well unless its something we provide manually. Depending on a few factors, that may be in the next couple of days, otherwise I'll manually see to it if luck doesn't play out ideally.

I'm honestly a bit surprised Bitmain hasn't introduced an S10 or L4 yet, but maybe slowed production and price on the S9/L3 are indicators of that happening? Also I'm sure their BitcoinCash holdout isn't performing as nice as they hoped with everything going on with China and their proposed mining regulations. Time will tell I guess...
GEBucky
Copper Member

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:44:01 AM

Any coin that isn't BTC and LTC pays out when the balance that is pending for all balances across all accounts reaches the amount necessary to payout. That is based on how many blocks of that specific coin we find as well unless its something we provide manually. Depending on a few factors, that may be in the next couple of days, otherwise I'll manually see to it if luck doesn't play out ideally.

I'm honestly a bit surprised Bitmain hasn't introduced an S10 or L4 yet, but maybe slowed production and price on the S9/L3 are indicators of that happening? Also I'm sure their BitcoinCash holdout isn't performing as nice as they hoped with everything going on with China and their proposed mining regulations. Time will tell I guess...

Good point. I hope the next gen is a few months off. Let things settle - on the other hand having more power efficient miners would be nice but it's sort of a race to the bottom Wink

BTW - MRR SHA rigs all just dropped in last hour. Not sure if you changed anything or was just a coin switch hiccup.
GEBucky
Copper Member

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:27:13 AM

I think your right they may be coming out with new models. I just received a message with huge coupons for previous orders I made, and they dropped the S9 to $2K with PSU. So essentially I can buy them for $1200. I somehow doubt that's going to seem like a good deal in a month Wink. Wasn't long ago they were $3200.
GEBucky
Copper Member

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 08:46:39 PM

Curious as to why SHA payouts have dipped so low. Showing estimates well north of .08 but actuals well below that (.073 last 24 hours is pretty low, and substantially less than straight BTC mining ). Guessing it may be poor Alt performance relative to BTC in this crazy/shitty market.

Thanks
GigaRho (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 10:19:22 PM

Curious as to why SHA payouts have dipped so low. Showing estimates well north of .08 but actuals well below that (.073 last 24 hours is pretty low, and substantially less than straight BTC mining ). Guessing it may be poor Alt performance relative to BTC in this crazy/shitty market.

Thanks

Your assessment is pretty spot on, nearly every cryptocurrency has had below average market performance this week as a result of the Mt. Gox / FUD situations. There has been a bit of rebound today, and from an upcoming economics standpoint things look decent. From our end, we see that roughly 30% of the sha coins that we offer mine at a more profitable rate than BTC currently (as of this moment).

A lot of the exchange rates on alts depend on how many people are buying to sustain price levels of equivalency. In the current situation where BTC has dropped so much, buyers seem to be waiting for the waters to calm before getting on board again. The weekend is usually a historical time for that, so I'm hopeful personally. On top of that, we are still looking for more options to swap in and help out profitability when/where it makes sense.

On a side note, we have something in mind that might be a decent fix for the 2Pacs you had connected before, but we want to apply that on our next full maintenance. Once we have tested our next version and have a decent amount of confidence in its integrity, we'll announce that date.
whalesinc

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 07:41:16 PM

Hey hoping that you could remove the cloudflare protection from the API page so I can add it to Awesome Miner Online Services tab and pull the profit estimates.

http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/onlineservices.aspx
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: