Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:46:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] Manta - DAG & zkSNARKs - Fast, Fee-less, Private Cryptocurrency  (Read 14142 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Flater

Activity: 136
Merit: 7

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:15:59 AM

are the zkSNARKs functional from the very beginning?

zkSNARKS is too slow to allow instant transaction.

www.bitairt.io - World First Artificial Intelligence Artist on the Blockchain - Start to collect !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MantaCurrency (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:38:16 AM

are the zkSNARKs functional from the very beginning?

zkSNARKS is too slow to allow instant transaction.

The privacy will be functional from the beginning and as for their speed, it's 10-15 seconds for the average user (1750 tx/s) so I wouldn't say that's slow.

Manta - One of the 1st DAG & zkSNARKs currencies.
steelslo

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:47:37 AM

Hope you can answer me on the following question: How does this coin differ from the project Stone or from the project Azulik? They are all using the RaiBlock code. All three projects seems to be solving the same problem Smiley
vytccskmt

Activity: 58

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:29:55 PM

For all of you cry babies calling this a scam, one grow up. If you think this is scam, it's simple do not invest. No one is holding a gun to your head and asking you for you money.

On the flip side this might be a top 10 crypto so gamblers and risk takers will risk what they can AFFORD to loose.

If you are one of those who are investing your rent money please move on.
Yeah, take risk and take profit if possible, of course only if the project is not a scam one, too.
However, sometimes take risks and lose all of your money for the gamble.
MacronMiner

Activity: 266

Scam Hunter

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:41:22 PM

I will follow this crypto.
articrypto

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:08:22 PM

I follow this one, wait for a strong update.
Swinging Phallus

Merit: 103

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 07:28:17 PM

Hmm, Not quite sure what to say about this. To be honest I love the idea and I think it is interesting, the only thing that I question is the background of the team. I won't be buying but I'll be watching.
BrokeA$$Miner

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 07:31:34 PM

I won't be buying but I'll be watching.

I'm in the same position for now.  This is a huge undertaking for even a large dev. team, and the timeline is extremely aggressive.
Still, I feel current coins need orders of magnitude more tps.  So every push in that direction is worth exploring.  Hopefully,
we'll get more feed back soon.

edit: I think coins need to move away from 'visa' scale, and be shooting closer to 'google scale'.
chimsolotrading

Activity: 59

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 05:03:54 AM

I won't be buying but I'll be watching.

I'm in the same position for now.  This is a huge undertaking for even a large dev. team, and the timeline is extremely aggressive.
Still, I feel current coins need orders of magnitude more tps.  So every push in that direction is worth exploring.  Hopefully,
we'll get more feed back soon.

edit: I think coins need to move away from 'visa' scale, and be shooting closer to 'google scale'.
Which differences between visa scale and google scale, a little bit vague idea behind your thread.
MantaCurrency (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:32:30 AM

Hope you can answer me on the following question: How does this coin differ from the project Stone or from the project Azulik? They are all using the RaiBlock code. All three projects seems to be solving the same problem Smiley

As for comparing us to those 2 projects, our core design is similar although they claim to reach unrealistic speeds which is why we have our doubts on them, though we're always happy to be proven wrong.

FreshB

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

The Movement DAO

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 11:34:37 AM

I just discovered this project, and the timeline for delivery. I think its a great idea, however I hope we have more unique features added to distinguish from the lot trying to solve the same issues. As cliche as it may sound, i have my eyes glued on Manta.

Will any features from byteball be harnessed?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
bengems

Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:28:55 PM

nice project, it sounds like one of Tezos key features...i would like to take part in the bounty, is there any?

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
MantaCurrency (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:22:41 PM

I just discovered this project, and the timeline for delivery. I think its a great idea, however I hope we have more unique features added to distinguish from the lot trying to solve the same issues. As cliche as it may sound, i have my eyes glued on Manta.

Byteball is incredibly interesting although our currencies differ in their intended usage. While Byteball is focused around smart contracts, Manta is focused around private, fast, and fee-less personal transactions.

While we're always interested in potentially implementing smart contracts, it's currently not feasible.

nice project, it sounds like one of Tezos key features...i would like to take part in the bounty, is there any?

Thanks for the kind words! As for a bounty, we plan on having one in the future.

Creeptolady

Activity: 70
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:26:02 PM

"An extremely simplified explanation would be if Amber wants to send Bill 2 Manta, the Manta would be swapped to an untradeable/uncollectable sub-currency which would be sent to Bill then instantly swapped back into the 2 Manta which allows for privacy, all verified through proper nodes."

Who provides the untradeable sub-currency? Will Manta create their own or would it be third-party? Privacy would be guaranteed with this but what about the security of the sub-currency transaction/swap?

Also I have never heard of Raiblocks and I'm fairly new to cryptocurrency  so I would suggest that in referring to them, it would be fairer to the community to explain in detail the system they use, instead of assuming everyone is aware of it.

I'll be keeping an eye on this project as cliché as that sounds. Your roadmap timeline might be a squeeze. Hopefully you can pull through.

___ dock.io _______Decentralized professional data exchange powered by Ethereum_______
WHITEPAPER     █ █ █ █     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     █ █ █ █     ANN THREAD
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ● ⚫ ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Lareina

Activity: 430
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:28:51 PM

Byteball is incredibly interesting although our currencies differ in their intended usage. While Byteball is focused around smart contracts, Manta is focused around private, fast, and fee-less personal transactions.

While we're always interested in potentially implementing smart contracts, it's currently not feasible.

Thanks for the kind words! As for a bounty, we plan on having one in the future.

waitting for your bounty campaign sir ,give me a chance.
MantaCurrency (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:50:56 PM

"An extremely simplified explanation would be if Amber wants to send Bill 2 Manta, the Manta would be swapped to an untradeable/uncollectable sub-currency which would be sent to Bill then instantly swapped back into the 2 Manta which allows for privacy, all verified through proper nodes."

Who provides the untradeable sub-currency? Will Manta create their own or would it be third-party? Privacy would be guaranteed with this but what about the security of the sub-currency transaction/swap?

Also I have never heard of Raiblocks and I'm fairly new to cryptocurrency  so I would suggest that in referring to them, it would be fairer to the community to explain in detail the system they use, instead of assuming everyone is aware of it.

I'll be keeping an eye on this project as cliché as that sounds. Your roadmap timeline might be a squeeze. Hopefully you can pull through.

To answer your questions, the subcurrency, tentatively named zManta, will be sent through our proprietary protocol that serves the main Manta currency as well.

When sending a transaction, a unique zManta address will be made for the sender and receiver, which is where we are utilizing zkSNARKs to provide privacy with zero-knowledge proofs.

The receiver simply has to be connected to the node to use their proof of work to verify and receive the transaction.

We'll be releasing an easy to understand paper of this later this week.

Hope this helps!

sqbit

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:46:15 PM

Hi, Manta!

I have received an email from a person, who claims that the captcha solving, during the Manta distribution, can be performed by the OCR tech. How fast that tech can be?
BrokeA$$Miner

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 05:00:55 PM

Which differences between visa scale and google scale, a little bit vague idea behind your thread.

Google has to work with much higher request rates and more devices then visa.
Visa basically only has to work with cash registers/pos systems, and e-commerce gateways.
Google potentially has to work with every mobile phone and internet connected device (IoT) on the planet.
BrokeA$$Miner

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 05:10:44 PM

Visa scale is still pretty high tbh.

Definitely - probably as high as is realistic in the near term...
but good to start researching towards faster speeds in the future.

And don't get me wrong - I'm very interested in what manta is doing.
I just think its a first step in a long journey for crypto in general.
MantaCurrency (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:37:08 PM

Hi, Manta!

I have received an email from a person, who claims that the captcha solving, during the Manta distribution, can be performed by the OCR tech. How fast that tech can be?

Hey sqbit!

We're aware that Captcha's have the vulnerability of being solved with OCR, which is the major downside of using it for faucets.

Currently we're trying to find a fair way to discourage OCR solving such as limiting/reducing the amount of Manta earn-able per wallet, although people are always going to find a way to abuse it regardless of implementation.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: