Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 35780 times)
Flappy

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 10:49:18 PM

This update does not really have anything to do with recent developments. I just did a little data scrubbing and it changed the projection somewhat.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013
$119

Not too shabby.

We all like targets and time frames here—right?

So there's an experimental indicator I have been toying with. I'm going to see if it can get reasonably close to calling a mid-term peak. I'll update in the thread as new data comes in and there is any change to report on the target the indicator is calling.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013
$124

—Assume your own risk, blah blah...

Looking pretty good.  Where will we be in 2 weeks?

Timing has always been a problem. I can not really tell how long the process will take, particularly since we are not trending as strongly now. But I am expecting sideways to down for a while.

What if x-axis was volume instead of time?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Odalv
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 11:00:20 PM

This update does not really have anything to do with recent developments. I just did a little data scrubbing and it changed the projection somewhat.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013
$119

Not too shabby.

So there's an experimental indicator I have been toying with. I'm going to see if it can get reasonably close to calling a mid-term peak. I'll update in the thread as new data comes in and there is any change to report on the target the indicator is calling.

$124

Looking pretty good.  Where will we be in 2 weeks?

Timing has always been a problem. I can not really tell how long the process will take, particularly since we are not trending as strongly now. But I am expecting sideways to down for a while.

What if x-axis was volume instead of time?

We will see tomorrow? :-) ... ( August 21, 2013 $124 very good.)
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 03:04:23 PM

The erosion of momentum already pretty much guarantees a drop to $105...

It's already baked in.

Wow, that's a bold prediction, if I would make it I would get laughed at.
In fact, I have been laughed at because I complained that panic buyers don't let the price drop to 115.
I expected a third rally up to 130, then a drop to about 105, in 2 phases. Do you say there won't be any rally to 130?

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
Tzupy
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 03:31:43 PM

Ok, thanks for the answer. I suspected that some 40k - 50k BTC missing from the order book would add
to the 19k till 130 we see in the order book. And there are also those who got stuck at the end of May. So the 80k estimate
of yours is plausible. But the up uP UP crowd claims that those coins missing from the order book are out of Gox.

I sold yesterday at 120 (not great, I know) and am waiting for the price to drop. After reading your evaluation, I'll just wait and see.

Tzupy
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 04:09:55 PM

Yes, I know you meant 80k BTC, just wasn't clear in my reply, only put the BTC sign at the first sum.

After reading your estimation, I looked again at the Elliot waves, and realized that I didn't count the rebound
of August 9th as the first sub-wave. When counting that one too, we have hit the third and most powerful
sub-wave of wave 5. I expect a 4th sub-wave to happen, drop to about 114, then rise to about 120 again,
and then some erratic behavior for several days, followed by the 2 large drops with a rebound between them
and a larger rebound after the second drop. We'll see soon enough...

AU

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 09:39:04 PM

That right there is the problem I have with EW. You can always go back and fit another set of waves that fit the rules according to new information.

Curve fitting.

Sorry, I missed it, I see now that you put the BTC.

im surprised ur prediction proved accurate thus far. if the price rebounds like u say you will have added another devout follower

/bow

Razer Blade 14" for sale
BTC: 1E1QQDq8keR9uVykmxSzo7CUYrWtQ6J9M8
HeliKopterBen

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 06:21:38 PM

$124

Very impressive.

Counterfeit:  made in imitation of something else with intent to deceive:  merriam-webster
HeliKopterBen

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 06:49:26 PM

$124

Very impressive.

I don't wish to mislead anyone. It's a fluke. Really.

Don't worry.  I'm wary of the broken clock scenario.   Wink

Counterfeit:  made in imitation of something else with intent to deceive:  merriam-webster
bucktotal

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 08:01:06 PM

$124

Very impressive.

from what i recall, chod's prediction was moved earlier in time and lower in price each day until prediction and price converged at ~115 last week when he picked a local top on the 4-Hr charts. during a continued uptrend, we will cross all predicted prices and since local tops come every few days, its hard not to be right Smiley but its entertaining to read nonetheless.

Tzupy
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 08:11:30 PM

It's funny that nobody believed that 'fluke' except chodpaba himself at that time.
I expressed a strong disbelief in the 124 $ on August 21st prediction.
If I would have based my transactions on the 'fluke' I would have done much better...

HeliKopterBen

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 08:52:48 PM

$124

Very impressive.

A

from what i recall, chod's prediction was moved earlier in time and lower in price each day until prediction and price converged at ~115 last week when he picked a local top on the 4-Hr charts. during a continued uptrend, we will cross all predicted prices and since local tops come every few days, its hard not to be right Smiley but its entertaining to read nonetheless.

Yes it is hard to be right when trading markets.  The price could have went down.  Either way this would have been a winning trade, even if sold at 115.

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 08:56:03 PM

Yes it is hard to be right when trading markets.  The price could have went down.  Either way this would have been a winning trade, even if sold at 115.

Exactly.  At least Chodpaba uses some rigor and explains his methods.  I can't say that about a single other person on these boards.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Odalv
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 08:57:37 PM

$124

Unbelievable but proper.
bucktotal

Activity: 232

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 09:13:56 PM

Yes it is hard to be right when trading markets.  The price could have went down.  Either way this would have been a winning trade, even if sold at 115.

Exactly.  At least Chodpaba uses some rigor and explains his methods.  I can't say that about a single other person on these boards.

yes i do appreciate his thought process and laying it out for all to see.

i also think he also came to the conclusion that prices on gox swing like an over-damped (and btw, very biologically tuned) oscillator. this has been true for at least a while and a very profitable piece of info.

dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 02:35:58 AM

$124

Nailed it!
Ares

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 02:36:40 AM

Is this real life?
adamstgBit
Legendary

Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 03:01:23 AM

Is this real life?

no.

this is bitcointalk.org, real life is outside N'stuff  Wink

xxjs

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 11:14:56 AM

So where are the noteworthy peaks?
Tzupy
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 04:01:58 PM

IMO the peaks before July are of little relevance to future price developments.
The important ones are 104 on July 11st, 111 on July 31st and this last one of 125 on August 21st.
I may be off with a day or two, just estimated the dates from the charts.
What's important is that those peaks belong to Elliot waves 1, 3 and 5.
Unless some miracle happens and the price rises again soon above 125, we're now in bear market.

notme
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 04:08:36 PM

IMO the peaks before July are of little relevance to future price developments.
The important ones are 104 on July 11st, 111 on July 31st and this last one of 125 on August 21st.
I may be off with a day or two, just estimated the dates from the charts.
What's important is that those peaks belong to Elliot waves 1, 3 and 5.
Unless some miracle happens and the price rises again soon above 125, we're now in bear market.

Or just a 3 wave correction.  Sure, short - mid term bear, but I don't see any signs of a major, long term top.  5 waves up indicates the one larger trend is still up.  If we do get 5 waves down on the same timescale as the 5 up, then I'll have to reconsider.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: