Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:12:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the best bitcoin wallets?  (Read 16305 times)
cryptotank55 (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:44:10 AM
Last edit: August 05, 2018, 07:40:07 AM by cryptotank55

Looking for a secure place to store my bitcoins. What do you recommend? I found a few here, but looking for more feedback

Thanks!
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lm2e4

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

https://exclusiveplatform.com/

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:09:00 AM

Looking for a secure place to store my bitcoins. What do you recommend? I found a few here, but looking for more feedback: http://cryptomarketmag.com/2018/01/07/best-bitcoin-wallets-2018/

Thanks!

I lately transfer some of my few funds in Electrum, and base on my observation of using it for a couple of months now, I don't seem to have any problem at all. So yes, it's true that it belongs to current reputable wallets ever existed. Then I recommend you to use electrum
Dilan

Activity: 109

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:23:55 AM

there are some bitcoin wallets. These are drkstop wallets, web wallets, Mobile wallets, hardware wallets and paper wallets. web wallet is a online wallet. bitcoins stored in a online wallet. it is low secured. Dekstop wallets stored bitcoins in dekstop. if dekstop will crashed the bitcoins will lost. hardware wallets is the secured wallet. it is portable like as peb drive. bitcoins stored in portable hardware.
pawanjain

Activity: 2660
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:32:47 AM

Looking for a secure place to store my bitcoins. What do you recommend? I found a few here, but looking for more feedback: http://cryptomarketmag.com/2018/01/07/best-bitcoin-wallets-2018/

Thanks!
As mentioned in the list above the Ledger Nano S and the Trezor are the best ever wallets out there as they are hardware wallets.
Hardware wallets provide the best security for crypto currencies. You will also hear Electrum wallet from many people as the most convenient wallet to use. It is true as it is compatible with all the devices. Apart from all of these wallets, Mycelium wallet has been my most used wallet as it is convenient and efficient to use. It provides features such as custom fees, reboradcast transaction, cancel transaction etc... which not many of the wallets provide. It's seed can be backed up and used whenever we want.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
cryptotank55 (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 05:17:45 PM

Thanks!
As mentioned in the list above the Ledger Nano S and the Trezor are the best ever wallets out there as they are hardware wallets.
Hardware wallets provide the best security for crypto currencies. You will also hear Electrum wallet from many people as the most convenient wallet to use. It is true as it is compatible with all the devices. Apart from all of these wallets, Mycelium wallet has been my most used wallet as it is convenient and efficient to use. It provides features such as custom fees, reboradcast transaction, cancel transaction etc... which not many of the wallets provide. It's seed can be backed up and used whenever we want.

Hardware wallet seems the way to go, still deciding between the two. Which one do you have?
CoinMaker7

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 05:19:53 PM

there are some bitcoin wallets. These are drkstop wallets, web wallets, Mobile wallets, hardware wallets and paper wallets. web wallet is a online wallet. bitcoins stored in a online wallet. it is low secured. Dekstop wallets stored bitcoins in dekstop. if dekstop will crashed the bitcoins will lost. hardware wallets is the secured wallet. it is portable like as peb drive. bitcoins stored in portable hardware.
thanks this helped me alot
12tribes

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 05:30:43 PM

Xapo, Coinbase and luno you should look. Best wishes.

Tipestry

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 05:32:43 PM

Be extremely cautious about Electrum until it's fixed. There's a vulnerability right now.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2702103.0
12tribes

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 05:34:17 PM

Xapo, Coinbase and luno  are wallets you should look at. Best wishes.

golek upo

Activity: 214

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 05:47:59 PM

If you want to get maximum security for your bitcoin, I think you should use hardware bitcoin wallet. I use ' trezor '. Please consider using it.

cryptotank55 (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 06:18:08 PM

Be extremely cautious about Electrum until it's fixed. There's a vulnerability right now.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2702103.0

Thank you for the alert on this.
Freebieindia

Activity: 175

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 06:22:38 PM

there are many good bitcoin wallet in the market, but personally i suggest and use https://blockchain.info/
missmarvel

Activity: 157

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 06:44:37 PM

trezor and ledger are excellent
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 2145

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 06:52:16 PM

Thanks!

The easiest way to store your coins securely is a hardware wallet - your private keys are not exposed to your computers so they can't be stolen by malware and other attacks.

As for software wallets, they are all only as secure as a machine in which they are used - and because there are tons of vulnerabilities in them, it's generally a bad idea to store big amounts of money on your online computer. Some people think that it's enough to just use antivirus to be safe, but they are wrong, the only good method for securing your coins is to isolate your private keys from unsafe environments.
So, if you don't want to use hardware wallet, then you need to get a dedicated machine that will be turned into cold storage - a machine with a fresh and secure OS that never touches the Internet and is used to generate a wallet and sign transactions while offline. When you have this all set up, you can start choosing software wallet for your cold storage - most commonly it's Electrum wallet, because it has all the necessary tools for cold storage. But whatever wallet you are choosing, always make sure verify your downloads by checking signatures - there are plenty of phishing sites, especially on google, that have malicious wallets that steal coins.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
jbautistangina

Activity: 258
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 07:18:59 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2018, 07:25:23 AM by jbautistangina

I strongly recommend you use hardwallet like trezor or ledger nano s to be sure that your holdings are safe to these hackers and phishing sites.Because nowadays people doesnt care about these phishing sites until they are victimized with these scumbags,the best thing to do is to install metamask extenstion in your browser,it is high recommended by the experts.

lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 07:20:02 PM

Thanks!
You should go with a hardware wallet, they provide the best security. either nano s or trezor, both are good(i own both Wink). you would also be able to store not only bitcoin but various altcoins/tokens.
peter0425

Activity: 2632
Merit: 441

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 07:20:59 PM

Thanks!

Check this link and see what wallets fits your need:

https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet

Personally I used Electrum wallet because its light and easy to use. However, they are some vulnerability that has been found lately. You will find it at the top as Theymos already posted it. But the vulnerability has been fixed already.

There's also hardware wallets such as Trezor and Nano S if you are looking to store bitcoin for longer term. I suggest you go that route. Its not that expensive and you have a good sleep thinking that your bitcoin is safe.

Of course always be safe. Its your responsibility to take care of your account. Specially securing your private keys.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 07:47:08 PM

Thanks!
Ledger is a good wallet, it's secure has a neat user interface and supports a variety of cryptocurrencies. It has legacy and segwit options as well. Ledger blue has a touch screen and is quite pricey, the ledger nano s is a much affordable and compact solution.
GeePeeU

Activity: 538
Merit: 251

ASK

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 07:59:06 PM

The best wallets would be full node wallets, created on a air-gapped machine.

This assures that A: your wallet file is owned and stored by you. And B: there is no possibility of your wallet being compromised.

I've seen plenty of horror stories regarding server side wallets, and various hardware wallets. So I would say a full node wallet, air gapped, is the best, and safest.

Always doubt.
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:28:26 PM

Depending on how much are you going to invest, I would recommend you either software or hardware wallet. Never use web wallets and exchanges for long term storing. Both software and hardware wallet allow you to control your own private key which is required to spend your money. Electrum is great choice if you don't have much in BTC. It started supporting SegWit which means that your transactions will be cheaper! Ledger and Trezor are great hardware wallets, there are a lot of reviews on the Internet.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18  All
  Print  

Jump to: