Bitcoin Forum
July 10, 2024, 07:08:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the best bitcoin wallets?  (Read 16324 times)
bug.lady

Activity: 196
Merit: 23

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:13:13 PM

Looking for a secure place to store my bitcoins. What do you recommend? I found a few here, but looking for more feedback: http://cryptomarketmag.com/2018/01/07/best-bitcoin-wallets-2018/

Thanks!
As mentioned in the list above the Ledger Nano S and the Trezor are the best ever wallets out there as they are hardware wallets.
Hardware wallets provide the best security for crypto currencies. You will also hear Electrum wallet from many people as the most convenient wallet to use. It is true as it is compatible with all the devices. Apart from all of these wallets, Mycelium wallet has been my most used wallet as it is convenient and efficient to use. It provides features such as custom fees, reboradcast transaction, cancel transaction etc... which not many of the wallets provide. It's seed can be backed up and used whenever we want.

Not quite true, as Electrum is not currently compatible with Ledger Nano S using Segwit accounts (they don't pair). So if you are going to be using Electrum, than pair it with Trezor. If not, you can buy whichever: Trezor or Ledger.

I generally recommend hardware wallets to everybody: their price is currently very low compared to the value of any considerable crypto holdings at the current prices, while the level of protection and security they give you is unparalleled.

Mark Sherman

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:22:40 PM

It depends on what type of wallet you are going to use. There are a few types of wallets:

Online Wallets(online exchanges, websites)
Mobile Wallets
Desktop Wallets
Hardware Wallets
Paper Wallets
Hrere are my recommendations:

Forget it!
Copay(very user friendly), Mycelium
Electrum
Ledger, Trezor
The thing with paper wallets is that it is more important how you generate them and how you keep them safe. Any tested paper wallet should do the work. Electrum for example could generate you a paper wallet.
Read more about the types of wallets and backups here: BlockchainHub

Don't forget to backup your wallet!
Satish147

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

Harmony for One and All

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 03:26:28 PM

In terms of web wallets or cold wallets Xapo, Mycelium, Jaxx, Blockchain.info, and paper wallet will be the most secured wallets

In terms of hardware wallets Trezor, Ledger nano S are the most popular and secured out there

maruf111

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:26:50 PM

from mi side undoubtedly bitcoin wallet is coinbase.  its a very secure app. I feel free to use is and I'm using coinbase from 14 month ago.  comfortable app
Alexandr210774

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:30:17 PM

Looking for a secure place to store my bitcoins. What do you recommend? I found a few here, but looking for more feedback: http://cryptomarketmag.com/2018/01/07/best-bitcoin-wallets-2018/

Thanks!
ELECTRUM, reliable, proven and easy-to-use wallet for bitcoin
sucix

Activity: 154
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 04:31:06 PM

Thanks!

Well, i dont know which one is the best because i dont have many experience in many wallet.
I always use blockchain.info from starting till now and i dont face any problem so you might try that.

Brito

Activity: 243

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:03:53 PM

I don't know which one is the best but i privately use electrum wallet.
I think it is very good wallet and i'm happy from it. That's my opinion.

elvinson

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:29:19 PM

I also want to find out the problem, it is difficult to find the best bitcoin.
Wish 107.5

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:32:17 PM

Ledger or trezor, but for in my country. Coins.ph is the best wallet, bitcoin to peso and peso to bitcoin.
For me, coins.ph is also the best wallet for Bitcoin. It is very popular here in my country; actually all of my friends are also using it because of its potential to secure your coins.
mdripon

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:35:17 PM

Thanks!
Electrum is good wallet, i used this wallet some month but i get no problem. i am now tension. i suggest you to use Electrum. and it can use everybody.

Activity Contest  \_____◢  ICO Forums  ◣____/  Promotion Contest
New Forum for Cryptocurrency Discussion
ICO Review Contest  / ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ◥  ANN Thread  ◤ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ \  Signature Campaign
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1226

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:46:00 PM

Be extremely cautious about Electrum until it's fixed. There's a vulnerability right now.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2702103.0
The issue with Electrum will be easily taken care of with the upgrade. It is a good wallet to have. I also recommend Coinomi and Freewallet. They have seeds you can save to recover your wallet in case you lose your device.

Before you boast of your material acquisition, take a stroll to a morgue and there you will find those who were once better than you're. Only fools think they've it all. Stay humble 🤔
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3132

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 06:39:11 PM

Well, i dont know which one is the best because i dont have many experience in many wallet.
I always use blockchain.info from starting till now and i dont face any problem so you might try that.

Good for you that you didn't have any problems yet. Blockchain.info is a web wallet which means you don't control your private keys. Controlling your private keys is very important because without them you won't be able to spend your bitcoins. That's why web wallet is not secure, if the service goes down, you won't be able to move your bitcoins somewhere else. Electrum is the best choice right now, it is very important to use the latest version because there was a critical bug discovered.
Go No Yu

Activity: 140
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 06:41:20 PM

im preffer using blockchain online wallet and electrum . and blockchain apps ios .
its save enough already almost 1 year . everythings its fine.
friendlychap

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 06:41:50 PM

Blockchain is more than enough for 99% of us and is super user friendly which is important when holding your coins
readygoaw

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:12:15 PM

the best and safer wallet for cryptocurrency is cold storage  Grin
for bitcoin I currently using blockchain.info and myetherwallet for ethereum and erc20 tokens.
for more security you gan use trezor or ledger

I put my coins in the freezer  Grin

I've tried a lot of bitcoins wallets. Now I have stopped on Mycelium purse, it is simple and reliable. While he suits me.
SMSabuj

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

I am a professional Web Designer and Developer

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:22:11 PM

I thing Coinbase is best. I don't feel any problem by using Coinbase. Coinbase has strong Security System. It has 2FA Authonication. Although Counbase needs high time to do any transactions.
jerlen17

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:28:09 PM

In my country there are 2 kinds of wallet for bitcoin. Coins.ph is the only wallet i used for this. Tha operation staffs was very accommodatting and very easy to transact for cash out.
shainasaz

Activity: 372
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:30:19 PM

As far as i know there have a lot bitcoin wallet in the market, But I think this wallet is a good one https://blockchain.info/ and personally i use this.

btsjimin

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:39:13 PM

I think for me the best bitcoin wallets I've used is Coins.ph. Because they gives a good service and I can easily exchange my money to my currency money especially in peso.
cryptojohn9

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:08:38 PM

There are so many wallets people use like Electrum, Coinbase, Xapo, Blockchain.info, if you are looking to store Bitcoin for long time you should go hardware wallets Trezor or Ledger.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: