Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 06:14:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ► ► ►HashFast Endorsement  (Read 36849 times)
dopamine

Activity: 486
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 03:55:20 AM

cancel my order with Hashfast

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 03:56:36 AM

How do you plan to do that? Or do you mean you haven't paid yet?

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1018

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 03:58:55 AM

I do not understand your point.   How would one outperform the other?   Not a dick question, i actually want to understand the way you look at the two as being completely different risk profiles.

dopamine

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 04:01:18 AM

I do not understand your point.   How would one outperform the other?   Not a dick question, i actually want to understand the way you look at the two as being completely different risk profiles.

Liquidity vs Hardware that will have deprecation + Network difficulty + longer time frame to get RIO or none  

Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1018

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 04:11:48 AM

I do not understand your point.   How would one outperform the other?   Not a dick question, i actually want to understand the way you look at the two as being completely different risk profiles.
Liquidity vs Hardware that will have deprecation + Network difficulty + longer time frame to get RIO or none  
OK but you only get 75% of the same HR per BTC when you buy the shares, so the value of quick exit is high no?   I guess there should be some value of access to more gear though and DR obviously should get preference.   But, trying to wrap my head around getting a DC ready to host 500TH in three months when most of the gear you will need has 10 week lead times is not easy.    Even if they use the ambient winter air for the first 6 months, you still have a ton of air to move in a set flow.    See what I mean?   Definitely need something as AM has run its course but ActM is near impossible to model and ID is hard to figure out if you are better buying the rigs since you know you can dispatch the rigs immediately and you get 33% more GH/s per btc and I cannot picture being able to physically get that much power on line in even two-three months.
At least he is not in america where the DEA would breakdown your door with a tank thinking you had a grow op going.

minternj

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 04:13:25 AM

So uhh... let us know how that hashfast refund goes. I say this because they don't have a refund policy nor can you reverse a btc transaction obviously.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 05:26:44 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2013, 10:50:23 AM by cypherdoc

it's possible that either the Babyjet owners might get their units before Icedrill, or vice versa,  depending on delivery constraints.
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 05:59:56 AM

Haven't you been reading the thread?  You can't cancel your order.

dopamine

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 01:07:45 PM

Ok thanks, I guess 30 day RIO Wont happen and 90+ days will be the norm

jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 01:09:28 PM

If it is 90+ you would be eligible for some kind of vague asic additional hashpower for free!

Hopefully it will be in a usable form, because I have a feeling that feature is going to get a lot of use.
dopamine

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 01:35:39 PM

If it is 90+ you would be eligible for some kind of vague asic additional hashpower for free!

Hopefully it will be in a usable form, because I have a feeling that feature is going to get a lot of use.

Can u explain?

crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 01:38:44 PM

Can u explain?

If u don't break even in 90 days, you get a complimentary chip for each BabyJet you've ordered.  Do with that chip whatever you like.
dopamine

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 01:42:04 PM

Can u explain?

If u don't break even in 90 days, you get a complimentary chip for each BabyJet you've ordered.  Do with that chip whatever you like.

So they will provide just chips?

crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 01:51:26 PM

Yup.
Kouye

Activity: 336

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 01:53:11 PM

Yup.

Apparently, they will also provide the casing, boards, etc.
Just...not for free. Grin

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
jspielberg

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 02:07:09 PM

Yup.

Apparently, they will also provide the casing, boards, etc.
Just...not for free. Grin

I think that is reasonable if the "extra" cost of the hardware is reasonable.

Kouye - Do you have a link, or are you implying a "full cost" machine?

Dopamine - Here is a link to the discussion about HashFast's "Miner Protection Program"
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=272906.0
Kouye

Activity: 336

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 02:15:54 PM

I'm only assuming it will be possible to acquire them, from the protection program:

The details:

We will give you double the extra capacity you would have needed to break even (up to a maximum of 4x your original purchase). The extra capacity will be chips only, to be used with a HashFast or third party chassis.

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
dopamine

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 02:49:08 PM

Well what do you think?

Case 1 hashfast ships to customer first before icedrill

Case 2 hashfast ships on time and is the first to ship on the date they say and more people flood into hashfast on next pre order

Case 3 delivery delay causes hashfast to provide more chips to x amount of orders

Case 4 difficulty increases so much that RIO is +180

Case 5 another company promising alot that cant deliver just like BFL

I have a preorder so im preparing an outcome I wanna say case 1 and 2 and im happy and made the right decision

jspielberg

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 02:58:59 PM

Well what do you think?

Case 1 hashfast ships to customer first before icedrill

Case 2 hashfast ships on time and is the first to ship on the date they say and more people flood into hashfast on next pre order

Case 3 delivery delay causes hashfast to provide more chips to x amount of orders

Case 4 difficulty increases so much that RIO is +180

Case 5 another company promising alot that cant deliver just like BFL

I have a preorder so im preparing an outcome I wanna say case 1 and 2 and im happy and made the right decision

I see 2 is not impossible... but very aggressive.
My ranking of likelihood with just the available information:
3, 4, 1,  2, 5

So the probability that HashFast is going to be awesome and make their announced deadlines to me seem at one end of the probability curve, and that they are horrible and as bad as BFL and Avalon at the other end of the probability curve... both outliers. 
I think they will be a little late is a high probablility.
I think difficulty in general will go up faster than anyone predicts making ROI longer than anyone predicts is also high.
And I am 50/50 on IceDrill receiving their chips first... but don't see it making much of a difference either way.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 01:51:40 AM

this is an improvement from the site:

"We are in the process of negotiating improved rates with international carriers. If we are able to secure cheaper rates than those published on our site, we will refund the difference back to our customers."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: