Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:01:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ARO] | Arionum | CPU+GPU+Masternode | PHP Based |Decentralized Revolution  (Read 71533 times)
Islapdonkey

Activity: 882
Merit: 277

If i had a dollar for every "had i known"

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 11:40:03 AM
Merited by Pon13 (5)

We can all stay bullish all we want, doesn't change the fact that the coin still still heavily been dumped on and alot of ppl have lost significant amount of money investing in this project. It would be fair if the culprit that stole others ppl coin does not have several million coins waiting in storage to dump at any moment, or the individual who was allowed to abuse the limitation of the algo does not have several million coins in possession and can control the value for a really long time. So, we all can scream about been bullish, then there is reality.

@Islapdonkey You continue to lie and exaggerate as you've been doing for a very long time. There's a good reason you got banned from discord, although i had my doubts regarding this decision at first, your last messages here just prove it was an excellent idea.

Regarding the dump, it was to be expected considering the exchange was on maintenance for almost a month. There's not a single guy dumping, there are a lot of miners looking to cash in.

As for the price, it's not my job to pump it, keep it pumped or do ANYTHING to affect the price. The market should regulate itself, that's not a dev's job. There's no ico here so spare me with the demands to fix your price.

I'm sure you'll continue with the same bs, so this is the final message you'll get from me.

I wasn't expecting any message from you your honor, so you can save yourself the headache of replying. As for claims about lies and exaggeration, all one need to do is peruse this thread to learn otherwise. You actively promoted Octaex on discord/BTCtalk but when they pulled an exit scam, you denied culpability while one of your marketing admins (SLPTOME) made fun of members who use the exchange on discord.

You  and most of the individuals on discord were aware that a lone miner was the main culprit for contributing to a major dump of the price from a stable point of 1k+ to the lower 200 sat ( other miners dump, but we all know who was getting most of the block and doing majority of the dump) shit that why you finally updated the algo Grin and even though the action of this individual was discovered early, you choose to do nothing about it to protect this investors who spent tons to maintaqin stability over 1k+, you waited for months, till the price was decimated to the lower 200s before taking action. One of your marketing admin even acknowledged that an immediate action was not taken. As i mentioned before, if your personal finance was involved, i doubt you would have taken no action in updating the algo while you watch your investment squander from a stable value of 1k+ sat to lower 200.

So, i will repeat it again this was not an organic dump dictated by the mass which is inevitable, rather this was a dump orchestrated by one lone individual who was allowed to abuse the algo limitations for several months when his action could have easily been curtailed if the dev choose to take immediate action and update the algo to protect their investors. in any other institution except for crypto, you will be investigated for collusion but due to the nature of the scene, there is no proof to support the suspicion

Again, this is like monero admins choosing to do nothing for months to update/ protect their investors when bitmain decided to release a miner that would have decimated the price. Monero still recorded loss that correlated with the current bear market, but if their admin had done nothing to protect their investors, the current price of monero would be beyond horrendous.

So, no one ever asked you to pump the price, not once was it mentioned in any of my statement. Shit we all know you not investing your money into this project or you wouldn't let a lone miner get away with abusing the limitations on the algo for several months and destroying the coin's value. We all know its nothing but gain for you.
 The question is why you choose to do nothing about the algo limitation for several months (when you discovered/made aware that a lone individual was abusing the algo. You waited till this guy had decimated the price from a stable 1k+ to the lower 200sat and accumulated enough coin to shoot to the top of the leader board by several million coins before an action was taken) Now if that don't seem suspicion then i don't know.

Its quite obvious from my several post that the dump i was talking about has nothing to do with today's dumps. Shit i been talking about it for days, rather its related to the dump due to lack of action from your end that enabled one lone individual(which is easily verifiable from researching block allocation and a constant topic on discord) to destroy the value of the coin for several month while accumulating enough coins to easily manipulate that value for a really long time.  

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Algonquin

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 05:27:57 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2018, 07:46:52 PM by Algonquin

Exactly this. I am a huge fan of ARO but it's simple economics - there are massive whales hanging over this coin. People freaked out about the 700 mil - 1 billion dollar BTC wallet moving recently. If a single wallet controls a large percentage of a coin = manipulation is not hypothetical it is a very real scenario. It would be complete hubris to believe that the massive whales have ARO's best interest in mind for long term success. If ARO pumped to 1k sats, why wouldnt they dump? 10k sats? on and on and on... you do the math.

5mKUv6nXuCH8NMsc1CeEjmwVhgawPU3DTowP8j55hYA8BWz8e39UbuLK8gEWkDWJdNcZb38Pxxmfj1G XYMVJf389 MERCATOX ADDRESS   9381648.41505234
5exNCgMB4WtZproKKrae2CYXky5ZEJUWnpCw3FABbu5hMsGGvRf7QgDAYfpxJXyWUA9aPxNLicMNg96 ZKCW5DtYR   MINER "ZEAN"           5868174.75000000
3i9rCfptcuyYJHc1hyB6DxqBmFj3XVn4yERLBExw947SH5tWiqJn3WVxVPonsDc2PZerS9RZtbECzpB L7sMSzU8F         1million+ wallets          2000000.69000000
xuzyMbEGA1tmx1o7mcxSXf2nXuuV1GtKbA4sAqjcNq2gh3shuhwBT5nJHez9AynCaxpJwL6dpkavmZB A3JkrMkg                                           2000000.00000000
2dBSQPzJweRQENbR4MRwCvCegfagvGkdwphDZj8WXjHSfY6Jj5eP3esGtUDvVpAcgyGrikLvcF8x3sm juV3MMbiP                                           1172223.90083986
2K5WRsseb1vFxrB8KutLS2TwDkjRRzH9SyHFcGcQHKHGPh85hQJpcoi3wqs9XgK2rY2Hkot8rMEFmVq 6hYGWq6Uk                                           1042710.78818163
2Trs24yNzSp7gGxieKrYh2Xkj9VrcxiycZqbJa3Zaugsp8CYud5XSw2ZDBBepjZDnhL7HeAV26iMaBW tzS34DK7f                                           1001452.35775051
62iAsqj6SQ41htDE1Q3PcpuPR7toLTnkDTmHLkjBwWoZ6dHJmLf1eEP4FnkosPjCiNZndhAfVB1ujCB imH7b6Gi5                                           1001347.65700000
5fXNLqsoQXJRS4316C7S25ZLRhkUyLFpm5KzCy7YKpQUnNBWqYrG9pJ6xYrC26HEGpSMFjkYmE6dkZc Qft4NJZdC                                   1000332.69914058
ACHiJz1CgMAMENsUbFAnw3SCz45P7b4REALxK58JryKWAS8j2WS9SW92N3sbJVv7dRgKunvKgfz89RY REwEcah7                                           1000013.23000000

We can all stay bullish all we want, doesn't change the fact that the coin still still heavily been dumped on and alot of ppl have lost significant amount of money investing in this project. It would be fair if the culprit that stole others ppl coin does not have several million coins waiting in storage to dump at any moment, or the individual who was allowed to abuse the limitation of the algo does not have several million coins in possession and can control the value for a really long time. So, we all can scream about been bullish, then there is reality.

@Islapdonkey You continue to lie and exaggerate as you've been doing for a very long time. There's a good reason you got banned from discord, although i had my doubts regarding this decision at first, your last messages here just prove it was an excellent idea.

Regarding the dump, it was to be expected considering the exchange was on maintenance for almost a month. There's not a single guy dumping, there are a lot of miners looking to cash in.

As for the price, it's not my job to pump it, keep it pumped or do ANYTHING to affect the price. The market should regulate itself, that's not a dev's job. There's no ico here so spare me with the demands to fix your price.

I'm sure you'll continue with the same bs, so this is the final message you'll get from me.

I wasn't expecting any message from you your honor, so you can save yourself the headache of replying. As for claims about lies and exaggeration, all one need to do is peruse this thread to learn otherwise. You actively promoted Octaex on discord/BTCtalk but when they pulled an exit scam, you denied culpability while one of your marketing admins (SLPTOME) made fun of members who use the exchange on discord.

You  and most of the individuals on discord were aware that a lone miner was the main culprit for contributing to a major dump of the price from a stable point of 1k+ to the lower 200 sat ( other miners dump, but we all know who was getting most of the block and doing majority of the dump) shit that why you finally updated the algo Grin and even though the action of this individual was discovered early, you choose to do nothing about it to protect this investors who spent tons to maintaqin stability over 1k+, you waited for months, till the price was decimated to the lower 200s before taking action. One of your marketing admin even acknowledged that an immediate action was not taken. As i mentioned before, if your personal finance was involved, i doubt you would have taken no action in updating the algo while you watch your investment squander from a stable value of 1k+ sat to lower 200.

So, i will repeat it again this was not an organic dump dictated by the mass which is inevitable, rather this was a dump orchestrated by one lone individual who was allowed to abuse the algo limitations for several months when his action could have easily been curtailed if the dev choose to take immediate action and update the algo to protect their investors. in any other institution except for crypto, you will be investigated for collusion but due to the nature of the scene, there is no proof to support the suspicion

Again, this is like monero admins choosing to do nothing for months to update/ protect their investors when bitmain decided to release a miner that would have decimated the price. Monero still recorded loss that correlated with the current bear market, but if their admin had done nothing to protect their investors, the current price of monero would be beyond horrendous.

So, no one ever asked you to pump the price, not once was it mentioned in any of my statement. Shit we all know you not investing your money into this project or you wouldn't let a lone miner get away with abusing the limitations on the algo for several months and destroying the coin's value. We all know its nothing but gain for you.
 The question is why you choose to do nothing about the algo limitation for several months (when you discovered/made aware that a lone individual was abusing the algo. You waited till this guy had decimated the price from a stable 1k+ to the lower 200sat and accumulated enough coin to shoot to the top of the leader board by several million coins before an action was taken) Now if that don't seem suspicion then i don't know.

Its quite obvious from my several post that the dump i was talking about has nothing to do with today's dumps. Shit i been talking about it for days, rather its related to the dump due to lack of action from your end that enabled one lone individual(which is easily verifiable from researching block allocation and a constant topic on discord) to destroy the value of the coin for several month while accumulating enough coins to easily manipulate that value for a really long time.  

lncm

Activity: 388
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 05:57:34 PM

Mercury80
@everyone We have noticed the following announcement from Mercatox. ```News about Wallets Maintenance Dear Users! As you can see some of our Wallets are on maintenance. Please be informed that 17.09.2018 some of our hot wallets were compromised by hackers. We understand the risks that are hot wallets affected in, so we hold a minimum amount of funds that are needed for auto-withdrawal there. The most of the user's funds we are keeping on special storages (safe cold wallets). Also, we understand that hot wallets are at risk, and for such reason, our service has a reserve fund which uses to compensate the losses of funds on the hot wallets in such cases. At the moment we are investigating that incident and upgrading protection of some hot wallets. You can be sure that your coins are safe and you can trade in normal mode. Mercatox is here for you to make your trades comfortable and safe! The normal work of all coins will be restored soon. Mercatox team``` We have sent them an email asking for more information about the Arionum wallet and as soon as they reply we will let you know. Please be advised that we haven't detected any movement on their ARO wallet.

Getting better every time.
Mikanoshi

Activity: 798
Merit: 252

Insane In The Blockchain ⚠

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 08:10:50 AM

Please be advised that we haven't detected any movement on their ARO wallet.
Even hackers don't want ARO Cheesy

lncm

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 01:10:21 PM

Yep. Let's hope it's "hackers", and not "octaex".
kiddo

Activity: 546
Merit: 137

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 05:26:07 PM

500K coins stolen by octaex was sold. Thanks to dev for doing NOTHING, thanks for not to burn coins on octaex wallet, there are still ~2mln 750K stolen coins.
worst devs I ever seen

so?  better the dumps happen now while it's cheap.  lol 500k for 1 cent USD? meh big deal.  the market seemed to have absorbed it, and there are more than enough coins (lucky not a crazy high amt) that even 2mil being dumped won't even be so bad IN THE LONG RUN/TERM.  many orders were filled too, so now have happy new ARO holders.  better the distribution happens now vs. later.  as we have said already, it is shit this hack occurred (on top of that miner guy selling his stacks here and there) but the decision was made and you have to move forward.  where was everyone to msg/advise the devs to fork it when they asked?  i recall only some ppl saying this and most were fine with NO fork.  perhaps at that time exit scam was not confirmed...but it was pretty obvious.  i dunno.  it pisses me off just as much as anyone how shit's going down but the coin/devs/team seem solid and not going anywhere.  thus this is a coin in its infancy and crazy undervalued now...i'm sure regular ppl are buying and whales are loading up.  it is a long term hold so no point crying re. these dumps now, i'm not.
 welcome to crypto...hold on tight or get off the ride.

Dude you bought in real cheap, that why you all mellow about the bs and expect everyone to feel as such. I personally advised several friends to invest close to 5 btc when it seem the coin was really stable/ floor was at 1000 sat and i doubt you would be dis mellow about the situation if you got in around that price and know a malicious hodler still has 2.5 million coins in his or her possession. And this is just another player in the mix, it does not account for the main guy who has been dumping and is responsible for bringing this coin from a stable floor of 1k to lower 200 sat. So imagine buying this coin at 300-350( am not sure what you paid) and having it go to 1 sat  with no indication that it will improve from that value for a really long time ( and that several sat smaller than the scenario some of the older investors experienced) Also keep in mind the dump was not organic, but coordinated by one individual who was given the time to abuse the situation rather than taking swift action to protect the investors

The fucked up part is you have a dev that overshilled this fucked up exchange to all newbies and personally vested their dependability on discord. I wonder how many investors where lead astray into losing money on that exchange cos they figured they could trust the exchange since the dev team was shilling/directing traffic to the site. then same guy intentionally allowed a miner to abuse the algo for several months and rape/destroy the value while allowing the miner to accumulate enough coin to control the coin's value for a really long time and we suppose to cont heaping praises cos he wrote a codes. When does the sheep wake up?

When do we actually start holding this guys accountable for the several fuck up, everyone always yap that bullshit about don't invest more than you can lose, but the same fools cry about the volatile nature of crypto. In other for ppl to take this sphere serious, we have to start treating this projects, like we would treat any project on the stock index and you and i know that if a similar situation occurred on that ecosystem, this guys will be investigated for collusion. Though the proof might not currently be present, a lot of their action proves otherwise.

no, don't assume.  i have bought in as high as 1k sats too.  i have lowered my buy in avg by buying the past months, and now some at the dumps.  just like the post said above.  you have reiterated your thoughts many times now and we get it, exch hack is shit, miner setup poor and devs DID NOT react in time (i doubt they're scammers from interaction i have heard and had with them).  ppl back then seemed to AGREE with the move to not soft fork.  so then you can't change that now.  

i am SUPER ANNOYED the devs and exch didn't react in time, fucking right i am...but there's nothing you can do now to change that.  look the market dumped and you can see ARO has been bought up a lot by new hands....so nothing to worry about.  the market has moved on and so have many of us.  if you're in for the long hold then don't worry it'll go back up in due time (yes will take awhile but wtf can you do?).  i'm actually surprised they are dumping this soon and this much haha....in a few months time it'll be a non-issue at the rate their dumping.  fine with market as ppl will buy these up no issues, it's a solid project/coin and team and non ICO bullshit.

in a few months things can change drastically in crypto and with this thing at the fucking grave bottom, the only way is up haha.   the ppl yapping and crying as you say are not used to crypto yet by then lol....sorry but it's true.  i've been fucked/scammed and lost more times than i can count but you know what, once you learn/stick to it and make the right moves with some time, you can more than cover those losses (well, not right now though cos the market is dead for all lol).  anyhow i ain't gonna argue about it anymore cos i don't have fucking time, and you seem pretty set to continue venting about it.  

i'll just be here holding ARO and waiting for the turn around (which will come)  Cool - you do remember XRB (NANO) price right...?  Wink Grin

I agree with you! They would have taken immediate action to update the algo, if they actually had their own personal funds invested in the project but since that wasn't the issue and it was all gain, they did absolutely nothing. So no one was asking aro dev for a buy wall, cos obviously they weren't investing their own funds. The initial investors were providing the buy walls, till one individual discovered a way to abuse the limitation of the algo and destroy any attempt of creating a buy wall, no matter how big it was.
OvErLoDe1

Activity: 230
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 05:41:04 PM

The thing I am struggling with is these accusations that the algo was "abused". How is it being abused if someone has a large amount of hash power that NO ONE has absolutely any proof was not paid for?

DERO
(https://dero-node-overlode.mysrv.cloud/dero-mining-pool)
DERO Community Pools
lncm

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 05:45:48 PM

The thing I am struggling with is these accusations that the algo was "abused". How is it being abused if someone has a large amount of hash power that NO ONE has absolutely any proof was not paid for?

Well, there was no proof that monero v6 algo was "abused"...

Activity: 207
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 11:30:19 PM

The term "Abused" may not be the right term. Most people are simply referring to the massive drop in hash rate caused by the switch to V7.
Logic dictates that the V6 ASICs dropped off the network.

https://www.trustnodes.com/2018/04/09/moneros-hashrate-plunges-80-asics-hardfork

https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/monero-hashrate.html

Pretty easy to see.
Islapdonkey

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 02:21:59 AM

The term "Abused" may not be the right term. Most people are simply referring to the massive drop in hash rate caused by the switch to V7.
Logic dictates that the V6 ASICs dropped off the network.

https://www.trustnodes.com/2018/04/09/moneros-hashrate-plunges-80-asics-hardfork

https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/monero-hashrate.html

Pretty easy to see.

Monero devs knew that an imminent update was necessary to protect their investors from the asic influence. Aro devs were aware that one acct was controlling over 50% of the hashrate in a supposedly decentralized mainframe and did nothing for a really long time. even when it was apparent that the individual responsible was destroying the coin's value.

Again if they had an actual financial investment in the project, they wouldn't have let the coin fall from a stable 1k sat to lower 200 sat before updating the limitation to the algo.

By also waiting they gave this guy a chance to accumulate so much coin that not only did he bank from severely dumping the coin but also has the ability to manipulate the price for a really long time. In any other sector, this guys will be investigated for collusion.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
sluggo

Activity: 134
Merit: 10

Shitcoin Bliss

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 03:03:46 AM

Imagine blaming someone else for your own shitty investment.
OvErLoDe1

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 09:46:59 AM

This is actually getting tiresome now. The constant accusations that we did nothing for a long time. The constant accusations that the algo was "abused".

Jesus, the entire code had to be written by mainly ONE person to accommodate the new mining algo, it then had to be tested, and even then, we still ran into problems, all in an effort to keep people like you happy. Mercatox having the wallet in maintenance for a month WAS NOT our fault, we assisted them in every way we could to get their node up and running properly.

If it makes you feel any better I had ARO invested, my friends did, a lot of people did, but you seem to be the only one kicking up a huge fuss and relentlessly accusing us of doing nothing.

I do have a lot of respect for your opinions Airline, but honestly, this is becoming childish now.

We knew about the whales, there was one big whale, and if he paid for his services, then how on earth can we be blamed for allowing someone to do that, instead of NOT keeping with decentralisation and banning his ip's or freezing his wallet?

To this day there is NO PROOF that this whale gained his hashing power illegally, and honestly, if he really has "controlled" the value of ARO for so long as you claim, then he really hasn't controlled it that well and his hashing power, whether gained illegally or legally has only served to lose him a SHIT TON of money.

I admire your efforts to expose scam coins in your other posts, but your relentless accusations about us as a team are becoming an obsession. The huge whales have been dealt with in the new mining system. "zean", the community member that has donated funds of his own has been vilified relentlessly, it's become a witch hunt, someone else to blame for your loss of investment.

There is not one single factor you can blame, I was personally involved in the discussions about how to tackle miners who controlled a large proportion of the network, and yes, maybe in your opinion it took longer than you wanted it to, but it took as long as it did and there is NOTHING we can do about that now. We all have real jobs, real shit we have to deal with on a daily basis, as well as keep the community happy, a balancing act that not everyone is going to be happy with.

There is a lot of exciting things planned with ARO, and hopefully this whole fiasco can be put behind us and you will see 1k sats again, hopefully then you will be glad you invested in ARO.

Until then, and until these new features are released, there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING we can do about past happenings.

DERO
DERO Community Pools
Pon13

Activity: 670
Merit: 130

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 11:09:36 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2018, 01:54:24 PM by Pon13

thanks for taking the time and explain the situation thoroughly in a sane, serious and polite manner.

as the quote says...not "You can have all the people happy for some of the time, and some people happy all the time, but you cannot have all the people happy all the time."

Bill Hicks was right about....everything
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:21:12 PM

This is actually getting tiresome now. The constant accusations that we did nothing for a long time. The constant accusations that the algo was "abused".

Jesus, the entire code had to be written by mainly ONE person to accommodate the new mining algo, it then had to be tested, and even then, we still ran into problems, all in an effort to keep people like you happy. Mercatox having the wallet in maintenance for a month WAS NOT our fault, we assisted them in every way we could to get their node up and running properly.

If it makes you feel any better I had ARO invested, my friends did, a lot of people did, but you seem to be the only one kicking up a huge fuss and relentlessly accusing us of doing nothing.

I do have a lot of respect for your opinions Airline, but honestly, this is becoming childish now.

We knew about the whales, there was one big whale, and if he paid for his services, then how on earth can we be blamed for allowing someone to do that, instead of NOT keeping with decentralisation and banning his ip's or freezing his wallet?

To this day there is NO PROOF that this whale gained his hashing power illegally, and honestly, if he really has "controlled" the value of ARO for so long as you claim, then he really hasn't controlled it that well and his hashing power, whether gained illegally or legally has only served to lose him a SHIT TON of money.

I admire your efforts to expose scam coins in your other posts, but your relentless accusations about us as a team are becoming an obsession. The huge whales have been dealt with in the new mining system. "zean", the community member that has donated funds of his own has been vilified relentlessly, it's become a witch hunt, someone else to blame for your loss of investment.

There is not one single factor you can blame, I was personally involved in the discussions about how to tackle miners who controlled a large proportion of the network, and yes, maybe in your opinion it took longer than you wanted it to, but it took as long as it did and there is NOTHING we can do about that now. We all have real jobs, real shit we have to deal with on a daily basis, as well as keep the community happy, a balancing act that not everyone is going to be happy with.

There is a lot of exciting things planned with ARO, and hopefully this whole fiasco can be put behind us and you will see 1k sats again, hopefully then you will be glad you invested in ARO.

Until then, and until these new features are released, there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING we can do about past happenings.

well said mate......and the latter half of your post is what i've been trying to get thru the moron FUD'ers head LMAO!

not to mention this is all gonna be a small bump in the road when ARO shows what'll do 2019 onwards for tech/releases and price.

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
Mr. Sovereign

Activity: 534
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 02:22:32 PM

Yes!  Well articulated.  Looking forward to the future!
Islapdonkey

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 02:40:08 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2018, 02:51:06 PM by Islapdonkey

With regards to us knowing about the cloud miners, yes we did know about it, but struggled to come up with a solution that was fair and in the best interests of the community. We believe we did come up with that solution, and yes, we will be criticised for the time taken to implement that solution, but it wasn't something that we came to lightly.

Just quoting an earlier statement. The several months of delay to update the limitation wasn't due to lack of personnel to code rather the devs just waited till the price was in the gutter to take action. Regardless of how childish i might sound to you, i keep using monero as a valid example. If monero dev didn't have the initiative to change the algo before the consumer asic arrived, i could only imagine what the price of monero will currently be. But since they understood that they had to protect their investors, they made an immediate effort to switch the algo. I will keep repeating that if Aro dev had financial investment into the coin and it wasn't all gain for them, they wouldn't have sat around taking as long as they wanted while they watch their finance dwindle to nothing before taking action. No one asked for the miner's ip to be blocked nor his wallet frozen, rather an immediate update to limit his impact on controlling over 50 percent of the hashrate in a supposedly decentralized project would have sufficed

As for my cont posting, a new investor needs to be kept aware that there is a malicious acct with about 2 million coins waiting to dump this project, also they need to be made aware that their is an individual who utilized the algo limitations and owns enough coin to manipulate the price for awhile. They also need to be made aware that this player never had a vested interest in positively impacting the coin's price but has been seriously dumping it since he got into the play.
 Thus my bewilderment with you stating that he hasn't controlled his hashing power well cos he has lost a shit ton of money. The guy made it obvious from the beginning that he wasn't interested in positively impacting the price, yet he was given enough time to dump, bank and acquire enough coin to have monopoly on controlling the coin's value for a long time. So i post to make sure a new investors has all the info before making a decision to invest cos left up to most, they just shill without providing the full picture, and anyone that dare speak on it, is labelled a fud.

Like i said in our earlier post, always respected the help you gave on the forum and this is not in any way mean't as an attack on you rather its me providing a counter opinion to the derivative.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
OvErLoDe1

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 03:10:05 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2018, 03:24:39 PM by OvErLoDe1

Look, I am not trying to "win" any argument here, I am simply defending myself and our team against the accusations you have made.

Yes, we knew whales were becoming a problem, but it definitely wasn't "several months" before we started implementing doing something about it.

There was no abuse of the algorithm, if you are trying to say that because someone had a large amount of cloud services that enabled a large hash rate is abusing the algo, then I am sorry, but every other coin out there is being abused.

We could not simply ban people who had high hashrates, I mean damn, I even wrote guides on how to use free credit from providers to maximise ARO earnings, so am I also guilty of abusing the algo?

I just don't see where this is now getting you, what you possibly want to gain. What's done is done, there are a very few people that aren't happy with the time it took for us as a team to -

1. Come up with a fair solution to combat large cloud miners.

2. Decide whether to make it a community vote or not

3. Maintain decentralisation

4. Conduct a vote between council members at a time when the vast majority was online (not easy to do due to different time zones)

5. Re-write the code to allow for a fairer distribution of ARO through CPU, GPU and Masternodes

6. Test that code to make it as bug free as possible on the testnet

7. Write guides for setting up masternodes

8. Create scripts for setting up nodes and masternodes to make it simple for those who have no knowledge of Unix based OS

9. Fork the block chain and implement the new code

10. Iron out the bugs that slipped through (which was done pretty much in 24 hours)

11. Try and keep everyone happy with regards to Mercatox and their node issues

This is just the main things we had to deal with. We are a small team, that works very hard, for free, we gained nothing by so called not acting. We did our best, in a time that was completely and utterly hectic.

By and large, the community is very happy, discord proves this.

I think it's time to move on from past scenarios and just look forward to a bright future with ARO

DERO
DERO Community Pools
Islapdonkey

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 06:23:32 PM

it took several months before an update was given that the team will finally update the code, this is after the community has been complaining for awhile about the lack of action from the devs part. Like i said no one asked for an ip block but an imminent algo change to limit the impact would have been nice. But they waited till the coin fell from a stable 1k to lower 200 sat to act, all the while giving the player enough time to accumulate to basically control the value for a really long time.  As for the perceived general positive conduct on discord, it quite obvious that any deviation from the general happy go lucky, its raining shrapnel but its all good comment will result in a ban under the guise that banning fud Grin

Oh and its easy to talk about letting it go, when you don't have several thousands invested when stability was attained at 1k, and watched that invest blew to pieces due to inaction from the dev. Wouldn't be that bad if there wasn't an acct with 2 million coins waiting to dump soon as there is a perceived growth and we also don't have a player (who has made it obvious, he is not interested in positively affecting the value) that is basically in position to control the value for a really long time.

So, am sure there are enough shills to post how great every thing is, and i will provide the info related to the other side of the coin. so a prospective investor has the full story.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
ProEvo1433

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 06:55:13 PM

it took several months before an update was given that the team will finally update the code, this is after the community has been complaining for awhile about the lack of action from the devs part. Like i said no one asked for an ip block but an imminent algo change to limit the impact would have been nice. But they waited till the coin fell from a stable 1k to lower 200 sat to act, all the while giving the player enough time to accumulate to basically control the value for a really long time.  As for the perceived general positive conduct on discord, it quite obvious that any deviation from the general happy go lucky, its raining shrapnel but its all good comment will result in a ban under the guise that banning fud Grin

Oh and its easy to talk about letting it go, when you don't have several thousands invested when stability was attained at 1k, and watched that invest blew to pieces due to inaction from the dev. Wouldn't be that bad if there wasn't an acct with 2 million coins waiting to dump soon as there is a perceived growth and we also don't have a player (who has made it obvious, he is not interested in positively affecting the value) that is basically in position to control the value for a really long time.

So, am sure there are enough shills to post how great every thing is, and i will provide the info related to the other side of the coin. so a prospective investor has the full story.

just admit that you bought on top and stop blaming others for your financial decisions! what a pathetic behavior!

OvErLoDe1

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 07:08:10 PM

Ok look, "several months", "a while", we unfortunately did not have the manpower to do a complete re-write of the mining system in a matter of days, it's just that simple. And if it pisses you off that you think we waited on purpose then I am sorry Airline, you are very very mistaken.

I know you have lost a considerable amount of investment, but all I ask is you try not to keep dragging this up and focus on ARO's future which is looking very bright considering some of the things we have been discussing lately.

Please, we know you have lost out financially, but just find it in you to refrain from blaming us, we did the best we could with the resources we had.

ARO will bounce back.

DERO
DERO Community Pools
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 »
  Print  

Jump to: