Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:29:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KNC just posted pics of their case, PCB samples coming next week \o/  (Read 8197 times)
plasmoske

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

The realist

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 12:06:29 PM

What's the point of showing us the case when you don't have the chips. Is like showing us the egg without the chicken. You cannot have an egg without the chicken laying/produce an egg. Show us the Chip Please.

But Eve, did the chicken really come before the egg?

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/newsandevents/pressreleases/researchers_apply_computing

Actually yes. It's already been proven that the chicken came first Cool

And saying a case is like a egg and the chips = chicken, doesn't make any sense. They're not interrelated at all.

The case can exist without the chips.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 12:13:23 PM

What's the point of showing us the case when you don't have the chips. Is like showing us the egg without the chicken. You cannot have an egg without the chicken laying/produce an egg. Show us the Chip Please.

But Eve, did the chicken really come before the egg?

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/newsandevents/pressreleases/researchers_apply_computing

And saying a case is like a egg and the chips = chicken, doesn't make any sense. They're not interrelated at all.

The case can exist without the chips.

Ah dammit. I knew this!! I was trying to coerce Eve out of bot mode...Wink

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 01:42:03 PM

Nice to see you totally ignored how I proved TDP in that test was 175W 75% of the time.

It doesn't particularly work that way in heatsinks, that cooling power is higher at 90C. The limit of heatsinks is the immediate transfer of energy from the base plate to the cooling fins, where THEN the cooling is increased. Heatpipes max out pretty quickly, and the chip temps just rocket after the limit.

This choice of heatsinks along with their dodgy/failed thermal simulations which they never properly answered after 3-4 pages are suggesting they either are getting it very wrong @ 250W, or they really don't believe it will be >200W and aren't catering for >200W at all.

As I've also said before, the need for them to be getting things right is blinding people from seeing logic set out line by line.

Dear Armchair engineer,

When you take in millions of dollars based on your expertise in the industry your opinion my be valid.

However I would bet money on that everything you say is likely incorrect or irrelevant to what KnC is doing.

A lot of these "AE's" (Armchair Engineers) like to throw numbers around that have no real meaning in the actual real life scenario just to prove some point that again has no relevance to the current situation.

TL;DR

Give KnC a call, express your concerns since apparently you think you are so correct. They will likely send you a free unit for correcting their terrible mistake..... (laugh out loud)

Dear Non Engineer,

You don't have a clue about any of the technical information in this thread. Again you're just dismissing the logic spelt out line by line with the sentiment "they must be getting it right".

tldr: Greed/desperation > logic.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 02:20:11 PM

Please continue not bringing this up to KnC themselves for review, you obviously don't have any trust in what you say otherwise you would be doing just this.

You are here to try to convince the community that you have 1/2 a brain, but as we can already see people have destroyed your claims.

Logic dictates you are trolling as you don't even have the testicals to try to prove your work to the company at hand formally.

Now be a nice dogie and go play fetch. That's a good boy!!

Dude, a 'dogie'; a motherless or neglected calf, doesn't play fetch, a 'doggie' does, or 'doggies do'.

Incidentally, 'doggie doo', is pretty much most of what you'll find Dogie espouts...

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 02:23:57 PM

Please continue not bringing this up to KnC themselves for review, you obviously don't have any trust in what you say otherwise you would be doing just this.

You are here to try to convince the community that you have 1/2 a brain, but as we can already see people have destroyed your claims.

Logic dictates you are trolling as you don't even have the testicals to try to prove your work to the company at hand formally.

Dude, a 'dogie'; a motherless or neglected calf, doesn't play fetch, a 'doggie' does, or 'doggies do'.

Incidentally, 'doggie doo', is pretty much most of what you'll find Dogie espouts...

I just assumed based on his current intellect he didn't know how to spell. Benefit of the doubt man!

Just banter. Wink

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 04:20:39 PM

Nice to see you totally ignored how I proved TDP in that test was 175W 75% of the time.

It doesn't particularly work that way in heatsinks, that cooling power is higher at 90C. The limit of heatsinks is the immediate transfer of energy from the base plate to the cooling fins, where THEN the cooling is increased. Heatpipes max out pretty quickly, and the chip temps just rocket after the limit.

This choice of heatsinks along with their dodgy/failed thermal simulations which they never properly answered after 3-4 pages are suggesting they either are getting it very wrong @ 250W, or they really don't believe it will be >200W and aren't catering for >200W at all.

As I've also said before, the need for them to be getting things right is blinding people from seeing logic set out line by line.

Dear Armchair engineer,

When you take in millions of dollars based on your expertise in the industry your opinion my be valid.

However I would bet money on that everything you say is likely incorrect or irrelevant to what KnC is doing.

A lot of these "AE's" (Armchair Engineers) like to throw numbers around that have no real meaning in the actual real life scenario just to prove some point that again has no relevance to the current situation.

TL;DR

Give KnC a call, express your concerns since apparently you think you are so correct. They will likely send you a free unit for correcting their terrible mistake..... (laugh out loud)

Dear Non Engineer,

You don't have a clue about any of the technical information in this thread. Again you're just dismissing the logic spelt out line by line with the sentiment "they must be getting it right".

tldr: Greed/desperation > logic.

Again, rather than actually refuse my claims directly you just dismiss them nonchalantly. No problem, I don't have KNC preorders. Ignore away.

ASIC-K

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Hell?

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:27:05 PM

somebody please put down this dog.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 06:59:50 PM

Again, rather than actually refuse my claims directly you just dismiss them nonchalantly. No problem, I don't have KNC preorders. Ignore away.

ASIC-K

Hell?

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 07:17:12 PM

When you see a retard do something retarded, you don't go and try to correct him. You just snicker and walk away.

Hats off to you sir! you just made my day.
CoinChex

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 07:18:31 PM

Ok, I do want to see pictures of the PCB.  That would relieve further doubts.

I DO have a KnC preorder and will take any additional information that puts me closer to a solid delivery in September.

Of course I have my doubts. Let's be honest though, would you bet on some of these other companies over KnC? CoinTerra? Hashfast?  Seems like KnC has been the most forthright in this process and they have followed through on things they say publicly thus far.  
ASIC-K

Hell?

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 07:20:29 PM

people seem to forget the whole mars prototype they made, took pictures of, took video, did an open day with, showed it hashing, pcb with the mistake "bitcoin makes the world go around" on it. what more do you people want, jesus.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 07:23:15 PM

people seem to forget the whole mars prototype they made, took pictures of, took video, did an open day with, showed it hashing, pcb with the mistake "bitcoin makes the world go around" on it. what more do you people want, jesus.

You are practically inviting a comment from eve here, you do realise that?

ASIC-K

Hell?

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 07:28:48 PM

eve can blow me. lol
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 07:34:27 PM

I dunno, I run an Arctic A30, with the supplied fan (which only does 1100rpm full speed) cooling a FX8320 overclocked to 4.5GHz.  That chip pumps out a LOT of heat.  The fan is slow.  Adding a decent fan would obviously cool the heatsink a lot more than the silent one supplied in the box.

I think their ASICs would need to be pumping out a ridiculous amount of heat to overwhelm an A30.  It's a ridiculously big unit - mine is hard against the side panel of my Fractal Define XL case, that's how big it is.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 10:44:55 PM

I dunno, I run an Arctic A30, with the supplied fan (which only does 1100rpm full speed) cooling a FX8320 overclocked to 4.5GHz.  That chip pumps out a LOT of heat.  The fan is slow.  Adding a decent fan would obviously cool the heatsink a lot more than the silent one supplied in the box.

I think their ASICs would need to be pumping out a ridiculous amount of heat to overwhelm an A30.  It's a ridiculously big unit - mine is hard against the side panel of my Fractal Define XL case, that's how big it is.
Which on 100% theoretical OC'ed load is still only 150-175W. But actual games/other uses never 100%. Now more than double that heat output.

DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 10:58:23 PM

Which on 100% theoretical OC'ed load is still only 150-175W. But actual games/other uses never 100%. Now more than double that heat output.

Who cares, if it heats up I'll mod my freezer lid for the wires and throw it in there

You haters think the diff is already too high to run it more than 5hours once we get it so who cares about some short term rigging we'll do while it hashes

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 11:14:15 PM

Who cares, if it heats up I'll mod my freezer lid for the wires and throw it in there

That would be a bad idea (freezers not designed for continual heat loads).

Still I would expect (hope) that KNC already thermal load tested the cooling equipment.  They don't need chips for that, just an test heat source (heat plate).  They should be able to properly measure both chip and overall system cooling without the need for any chips.
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 11:41:19 PM

That would be a bad idea (freezers not designed for continual heat loads).

Still I would expect (hope) that KNC already thermal load tested the cooling equipment.  They don't need chips for that, just an test heat source (heat plate).  They should be able to properly measure both chip and overall system cooling without the need for any chips.

well they will be arriving after the summer, so in the winter they can go in the garage!!

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
cryptograd

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 11:46:51 PM

https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-28

KNC is looking good so far IMO. Can't wait to see the PCB samples next week...

I cant tell if they paid you or you're just dumb

Liked something I said ->17ry6rrknqmQ2S1NRArzdrNMmG2Zk449AE
Most important bitcointalk post in history
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=120184.msg1381739#msg1381739
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2013, 06:06:39 AM

Uh... that's not really what people mean when they say "which came first, the chicken or the egg", typically they asking whether "eggs" or "chickens" came into existence sooner, in general. not whether an egg starts growing before the chicken embryo inside of it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: