Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:55:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin consuming too much Electricity.  (Read 918 times)
Pain Packer (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:41:53 AM

I think miners should start invest on renewable energy source (solar panels, wind turbines) to lessen the impact of bitcoin on environment?

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Balinsayaw

Activity: 156
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:48:40 AM

I think miners should start invest on renewable energy source (solar panels, wind turbines) to lessen the impact of bitcoin on environment?

I agree with you that investors on miners should invest on renewable energy but their power consumption not even a fraction of the industrial and manufacturing company.

There are already miners shift to renewable practice to save money.  Renewable energy may expensive to start but it is more cheaper in the long run.
aji567

Activity: 728
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:52:14 AM

I think if bitcoin mining uses a lot of vga and many other devices so that the required electricity is quite wasteful.
emuLOAD

Activity: 328
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:55:52 AM

First of all, "too much electricity" for who? What makes it too much?

But, perhaps more importantly, miners will Always move towards efficiency. They have the strongest incentive of any industry to minimize energy consumption. They generally speaking run the most efficient hardware in the world for what they are doing.

What makes you say that the energy consumed is too much?
lunaalthea

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 05:56:41 AM

Soon one of the best electricity source (fossil fuel) will be gone, and we will have to rely on other means of electricity source. People who mine should really be able to find a sustainable source to lessen the damage.

emuLOAD

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:00:05 AM

uhm, fossil fuel energy isn't going anywhere anytime soon...
tannerchum

Activity: 350

Semi-Decentralized Exchange

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:10:15 AM

It is not consuming too much Electricity because bitcoin is not an appliances it is just a process of acticity through system in network or it is just a navigation process of your opinions. When you applied, you are ascertaining positions but it is a step by step process. So no reason at all that it consumes too much elctriciy because we use electricty daily and it is common used by all.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
xiaozhang11

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:12:58 AM

Right, dig the currency consumes too much energy, this is also one of the reasons many people boycott of COINS, they don't think the currency use, also a waste of energy, so as to promote people to resist the currency
Dapper

Activity: 560
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:15:38 AM

May as well stop flying/tourism around the world too.   

sent from my X6
11:11pas

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

Fun of WINBIX sales system winbix.io

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:16:16 AM

I think miners should start investing in the renewable energy source (solar panels, wind turbines) to lessen the impact of bitcoin on the environment?
Yes, I agree the Bitcoin is indeed too wasteful and many use electrical power. And in my opinion, because of all that pertain to electronic tools should be using Bitcoin.

WINBIX ♝ SALES SYSTEM Selling at the demand price at any time | Pre-DAICO ➧ April 24, 2019 — June 22, 2019 https://winbix.io
coinsclone

Activity: 189

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:35:26 AM

Yes, Bitcoin mining takes too much of electricity. Bitcoin Miners will use the other renewable resource like the solar panel to mine the bitcoin.
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:43:41 AM

I agree that miners should start using renewable energy source but there are also disadvantage of using it which I think why cryptocurrency miners don't want to use renewable energy, like it is hard to generate amount of electricity compared on how much can fossil fuel generate and cryptocurrency mining consumes huge amount of electricity which I don't know if it is enough for miners to make mining effective. And also renewable energy rely on weather so if you are using solar power and it is rainy season your supply of electricity will not be enough. But it is still a good idea to have an alternative source of electricity.
datodota002

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:45:30 AM

That true, miners should do start invest on renewable energy to run their mining. because as we now mining bitcoin use a lot of VGA and that VGA consume a lot of electricity energy. and that's mean electricity company would use more fossil fuels to produce electricity. in my opinion large crypto minner should have own electric source independently that separate form civilan electrity. and that independent electric source should be renewable energy.
Destroyeroff98

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:49:43 AM

This will not only reduce the impact of Bitcoin on the environment. This will also increase the income at the Mining.

zhangfeng666

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:51:03 AM

Digging up bitcoin will consume a lot of power, and people think it's useless, it's a waste of resources, so many people resist it.
emuLOAD

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:51:34 AM

This will not only reduce the impact of Bitcoin on the environment. This will also increase the income at the Mining.

How would spending more money on energy increase income?
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:51:36 AM

Talking about the fact that Mining Bitcoin consumes too much energy, this problem is far-fetched. Miners pay for consumed energy, but it is enough to provide all the inhabitants of the planet. The energy of the sun and the wind is enough for everyone. If some countries, such as Canada and Belarus, invite bitcoin miners to their country, then such a problem does not exist.
Feduk

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:52:10 AM

Some say that mining should be banned because of carbon dioxide emissions.
So I agree with topic starter: miners should invest on renewables, and also buy energy efficient asics (Bitmain for example)
emuLOAD

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:53:48 AM

Some say that mining should be banned because of carbon dioxide emissions.
So I agree with topic starter: miners should invest on renewables, and also buy energy efficient asics (Bitmain for example)

Why so you think miners are mining with anything but the most efficient stuff they can put their hands on?

That true, miners should do start invest on renewable energy to run their mining. because as we now mining bitcoin use a lot of VGA and that VGA consume a lot of electricity energy. and that's mean electricity company would use more fossil fuels to produce electricity. in my opinion large crypto minner should have own electric source independently that separate form civilan electrity. and that independent electric source should be renewable energy.

VGA? Seriously, before commenting on a topic, make sure you at least have a basic understanding of the matter!
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 06:55:05 AM

This is a great idea! But is it in the spirit of Bitcoin? Bitcoin is something that creates and supports and celebrates a free market. That means that people are free to do what they will with what they have, with the underlying assumption that they aren't causing severe harm to others.

Miners should absolutely consider renewable energy, particularly where it will save them money on the cost of electricity. If we want miners to ONLY use renewable energy, we need to make renewable energy cheaper than all other forms of energy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: