Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:18:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 🌟🚀 [Pre-ANN] AZULIK: adding privacy to DAG fee-less instant transactions 🌟🚀  (Read 7184 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
xskylarkx

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:28:21 AM

will there be a testnet open for donators ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AzulikProject (OP)

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:32:44 AM

You proposed very interesting names, they all have an history or a real meaning, all short, so who choose in the end, shall we organize a survey ?  

Yes Donators will be added to the testnet in priority and other selected peoples.

As you understand the Testnet isn't for tomorow.

We expect to publish the github at the same time as the whitepaper, end of FEB- Beginning of MAR.
Black_bl

Activity: 503
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:23:42 AM

You proposed very interesting names, they all have an history or a real meaning, all short, so who choose in the end, shall we organize a survey ?  

Yes Donators will be added to the testnet in priority and other selected peoples.

We expect to publish the github at the same time as the whitepaper, end of FEB- Beginning of MAR.
You can do a survey/voting about a few names and we'll see the result Smiley
marlowe52

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:07:47 PM

Front page updated, thank you.

Many of you complain about the name Azulik.

What do you guys think about "Titan" ? Sound short, and strong enough for an anonymous cryptocurrency.

Paying with titans sounds good to me.
Blackmuse

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:11:21 PM

What do you guys think about "Titan" ? Sound short, and strong enough for an anonymous cryptocurrency.

Titan will create silly jokes like "going full Titanic", "same fate as the titanic", etc.
I think it would be good to incorporate "privacy" and "DAG" somehow.
Another idea I have is PHASMA, sounds cool and is Latin for ghost, links to privacy but less to DAG, though.
+1 on the titanic thing, that is also the first thing that came to my mind
Miguelr260

Activity: 52

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:12:59 AM

Are you planning on revealing yourself? Experience? Previous Projects? What university did you attended to? Gifttub? Give us more info and more people might donate. 
rorschachx

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:54:04 AM

Hi,
When WIP is used, is it the case that it does not guarantee complete privacy in the strictest sense, as the proof or set of proofs is public? Correct me if i am wrong.
As i understand the WIP approach is a compromise between {no privacy but very fast transactions} and {complete privacy using a true zero knowledge protocol but slower transactions}.

Hi Azulik,
can you answer this question please?
Worldtokenindex

Activity: 74

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:29:25 AM

As for practical aspects:
1. Do you expect to implement light node/wallet (this is on raiblock list) so some reuse may happen.
2. Even with zkSNARKS/etc there's still risk of leaking IP. Monero will be using Kovri for this (and they have explanation why TOR wont work), will you add this to your roadmap?
3. Distribution is still not clear, I Want to get some, either through whatever mechanism is used or through donation - can you make donation percentage allocation clear at some point soon?

Also:
How can I help? I am a SWE in one of the FANG companies with good opensource experience. I find less and less free time after working on my side project, but this looks sufficiently interesting to pause them.

Azulik people, can you please comment on this?

Hello, that is very interresting questions:

1- Light node/wallet will be our top priority, a new version of the synch system has recently been proposed on Github :

This patchset adds a new message type "bulk_pull_blocks" (0x09) which allows one to request from a
node a range of blocks (min_hash to max_hash). Alternatively, the checksum for a range of blocks can
be requested to determine if it is likely that there are new blocks in that range that need to be pulled.

Further, a limited number of blocks can be requested by specifying a non-zero "max_count" argument.

The advantage over the existing bulk_pull (I assume you meant bulk_pull, and not block_pull ?) is that bulk_pull accepts an account as a start and a block as an end, so to use it to synchronize the bootstrap database requires a lot of request-reply cycles, especially for accounts that have few transactions. bulk_pull_blocks accepts a range of blocks, so you can pull in just a set of blocks, alternatively requesting a checksum before doing the transfer to see if the transfer is likely to be needed. This mechanism brings a full sync down to under 5 minutes

We think it will really help to make very efficient light wallet and we will apply the bulk_pull.

2- It's not currently in our roadmap, for us the privacy is something very important for mass adoption. The main priority is to hide wallet balance and transaction if we want people to use Azulik in the real life. What you mentioned could be added in the future but isn't currently our priority.

3- We have updated the first page which should be more clear now about the distribution.

Regarding the help you offer, it's very interesting thank you for that we will discuss together and contact you through private message to check with you.

Interesting, Watching how it will shape up in coming weeks and months
AzulikProject (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:35:52 AM

Are you planning on revealing yourself? Experience? Previous Projects? What university did you attended to? Gifttub? Give us more info and more people might donate.  
Yes we will reveal our Github and whitepaper at the same time in the end of Feb - Beginning of Mar.
Regarding all our private information it's more tricky as we aren't allowed by our work compliance to have outside of business interest. Basically it means we can't work for other companies or for ourself, hence Azulik can be considered as an outside of business interest and we could have trouble working on it. So if we start working full time and we leave our jobs then yes we will reveals all these information.

Hi,
When WIP is used, is it the case that it does not guarantee complete privacy in the strictest sense, as the proof or set of proofs is public? Correct me if i am wrong.
As i understand the WIP approach is a compromise between {no privacy but very fast transactions} and {complete privacy using a true zero knowledge protocol but slower transactions}.

Hi Azulik,
can you answer this question please?

Hello,
Not really the WIP approach is to be compared with the two others approaches, it's purely a privacy protocol. The issue comes from the fact for DPOS you have need access to public balance in order to rank the representative and delegate your vote. Hence the compromise between fast transaction and private transaction is just here to handle the DPOS. Hence for the private transaction you can apply the privacy protocol you want.

I hope it's clear let us know otherwise.

Titan will create silly jokes like "going full Titanic", "same fate as the titanic", etc.
I think it would be good to incorporate "privacy" and "DAG" somehow.
Another idea I have is PHASMA, sounds cool and is Latin for ghost, links to privacy but less to DAG, though.
+1 on the titanic thing, that is also the first thing that came to my mind

Once we get enough proposition we will organize a voting, and let you choose the name.
Luksx1

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:21:24 PM

If change the name I will not donate, Azulik is ok.
antoinnepy

Activity: 63

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:12:12 PM

I look forward to being added to the testnet. I'd love to get my hands on this real soon.
Black_bl

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:01:47 AM

Devs of Azulik can prove their legitimity, it's up only to them! I would like to hear much more details about their visions. It's really sad that in those days people are disappointed. On the other hand, we can't be surprised! Hope that Azulik tries to different approach. I still waiting on your answer via PM Azulik team!
antoinnepy

Activity: 63

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:31:11 AM

Devs of Azulik can prove their legitimity, it's up only to them! I would like to hear much more details about their visions. It's really sad that in those days people are disappointed. On the other hand, we can't be surprised! Hope that Azulik tries to different approach. I still waiting on your answer via PM Azulik team!
Azulik team, what do you have to say about this post?

Black_bl

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:02:19 AM

Is this a scam or serious project? The other similar projects get way more attetion
Who knows, we will have to wait if team bring what they promised. Now Azulik project seems to me more legit than others such as Manta, Stone, Dagger and others, but as I said at the beginning, in this early stage is always risky trust all what devs write and if you are considering to become early adopters you should invest very small amount and once Azulik team delivers more, than you can add more into your stack
Thecker

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:54:43 AM

First of all my friend, if you really want donations, you need to start building a roadmap, a better donation system, show the specifications about your project. Wink
derickonfire

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:47:07 AM

For distrubtion,

I recommend airdrop to XRB holders, also traditional ANN airdrop with maybe a 5,000 limit (also to grow your Twitter / Discord), and some tokens to be used as node incentive for the first 1-5 years.

Cheers!

AzulikProject (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:11:58 PM

Is this a scam or serious project? The other similar projects get way more attetion
Who knows, we will have to wait if team bring what they promised. Now Azulik project seems to me more legit than others such as Manta, Stone, Dagger and others, but as I said at the beginning, in this early stage is always risky trust all what devs write and if you are considering to become early adopters you should invest very small amount and once Azulik team delivers more, than you can add more into your stack

We will do our best to not disappoint our supporter and donator, we are really continuing the hard work on Azulik, we apologies for not being here enough but we want to finish as soon as possible the next step to have make our big announcement here in the coming weeks.

Thanks to all of you for your support, we really appreciate.
akhan270

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:10:31 AM

Are you still accepting donations?
mdodong

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:28:54 AM

Projects like this will turn out to be a Gem if Dev is serious about the project. Hoping to see source code soon. As well as the final Whitepaper.

Railblocks is one of the great project out there and adding privacy to its feature is really upping the game. Hope to see more of this project.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
AzulikProject (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:43:38 AM

Are you still accepting donations?

Yes we still accept donations.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: