Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:19:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 🌟🚀 [Pre-ANN] AZULIK: adding privacy to DAG fee-less instant transactions 🌟🚀  (Read 7184 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
AzulikProject (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:38:54 PM

Really sorry we will have to delay our announcement.
We have been working non stop for days and we need a short break.
The good news are that we are done with our simulations and we have the results, we have been able to find a consensus and we have designed a new protocol that  will  be presented with our simulation results.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Blocklock

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

Cryptocurrency Investor, economist, researcher.

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:44:36 PM

Good day!
I have reviewed Your white paper, only three pages. Where can I find detailed information? The concept itself interested, but want to know the further planning of the project - marketing, management and technology.
AzulikProject (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:50:43 PM

Good day!
I have reviewed Your white paper, only three pages. Where can I find detailed information? The concept itself interested, but want to know the further planning of the project - marketing, management and technology.

We will soon provide you further details.
Everything is ready, we hope before the end of the week.
gunsandbitcoin

Activity: 34

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:45:25 PM

when is free distribution like RaiBlocks?
Blocklock

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

Cryptocurrency Investor, economist, researcher.

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:36:32 AM

Good day!

We will soon provide you further details.
Everything is ready, we hope before the end of the week.

thank you, waiting for information. Especially interesting is the marketing plan and legal framework for the work!
AzulikProject (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 08:07:44 AM

Are donators going to receive some coins?

Thanks. Keep up the good work!

Yes indeed, a % of the final supply will be shared between all donators.
iekzdmlbmglvfhg

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:58:44 AM

I loved the faucet from XRB, so that might be the way. So everyone is equal.

Cheers,
Jack

We also believe faucet distribution if well done is a fair distribution way.
However solving captcha is a bit boring so we'll try to make it more fun.

If captchas will be used, some people will use automatic captcha solvers.

Personally, I prefer a small application which computes some proof of work (based on a lot of RAM, XRB already uses Argon2d) instead of solving captchas, but it appears (from the Manta thread) that some people don't know about automatic captcha solvers.
iekzdmlbmglvfhg

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:11:20 PM

Very good Thanks. My turn to do some homework (read the whitepaper). Please post any source code ASAP.
Thanks

Let us know if you have any question.

Regarding the code we will wait a bit, as you mention there is other projects on this niche and even after a month or two they haven't been able to show something, so obviously we don't want our hard work to be stolen from other project. After all we are the most recent one even if we have been working on it for a longer time  Wink

You can use an online notary service, like DigiStamp, to sign a zip (with your code and names inside), to prove that at a specific date you your names were associated with the code.
AzulikProject (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:56:56 PM

To be honest i wonder if a good captcha can be solved automatically, i have seen this video about XRB, but the weakness was the unlimited number of try. I'm not sure a bot could solve a capcha at the first time, especially if it's a dynamic one (Once with image, once song, once number) for each fail you wait 1 hour.

However i have to say i really like the approach you propose. It's a very good idea.

Exterminador de Scam

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:22:40 PM

To be honest i wonder if a good captcha can be solved automatically, i have seen this video about XRB, but the weakness was the unlimited number of try. I'm not sure a bot could solve a capcha at the first time, especially if it's a dynamic one (Once with image, once song, once number) for each fail you wait 1 hour.

However i have to say i really like the approach you propose. It's a very good idea.

Follow my suggestion and your project will be the best crypto-based DAG!

A personal suggestion from me, no matter the amount that was donated for development, if it is a donation, and not a pre-purchase of medas, I hope you understand what you mean (do not have recompence for donors) if they did donations is because they trust in their work and the reward of them will be a coin with a solid code.

I am not a programmer but I want for the first time a currency that uses technology to create an efficient and fair solution to the problems of currency distribution

cryptocurrencies need a solution for the storage of transactions and because all currencies today have the problem of (Infinity and beyond) we have an efficient solution for this too

ie that the matrices are created in blocks of genesis over a certain time and that they are a way of rewarding full nodes, that they are given directly from the genesis block to the address of the full node (almost a mining) but what I see that for a period of time the network needs to have an incentive to maintain and distribute the feeds effectively and fairly, it may have a difficulty specimen that increases as more nodes enter the network and reward them for the time they are on line keeping the network safe and fast.

I do not know how this will be done or if my idea will be accepted, but I think this will be the best thing for currencies using DAG technology

I hope also that this is not a scam based on the dreams of raiblocks users, time will respond, but for now my suggestion to all is do not make donations until you see some functional code, I hope you do not misunderstand me.

Once again excuse my lousy English
Worldtokenindex

Activity: 74

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:35:20 AM

Great project to take up, i been following Stone for few weeks and stumbled in here with more dig in. Best of luck and Go Team Azulik. I will try to donate once we have full White paper and Code.
moneroguru

Activity: 36

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:04:30 AM

I almost fell for Stone, watching Manta closely, and adding Azulik to the list.

Wanted to write why i think byteballs black bytes are not the best way to implement this:
1. It's peer to peer and not stored on the graph, and needs to be exchanged later.
2. To keep them 'yours', you need to either back them up or use multisig wallet to keep them synced.

Neither is ideal.

In one of the messages you mentioned 1. instant transactions OR privacy.

Privacy must be default - this is monero's approach. I concur. IN the end state, if cryptos become the default way of doing payments, not many people will enable privacy, and those that will will be under scrutiny.

Zcash does zkSNARKS but your claim is it's not easy to apply it to DAG (i am not sure, didn't think deeply, and haven't yet read the paper fully). With Zcash there are t- and z- wallets, which are kind of interesting to work with. Didn't look ideal after getting used to monero.

You mentioned privacy would reduce throughput and increae transaction time significantly, by how much?

As for practical aspects:
1. Do you expect to implement light node/wallet (this is on raiblock list) so some reuse may happen.
2. Even with zkSNARKS/etc there's still risk of leaking IP. Monero will be using Kovri for this (and they have explanation why TOR wont work), will you add this to your roadmap?
3. Distribution is still not clear, I Want to get some, either through whatever mechanism is used or through donation - can you make donation percentage allocation clear at some point soon?

Also:
How can I help? I am a SWE in one of the FANG companies with good opensource experience. I find less and less free time after working on my side project, but this looks sufficiently interesting to pause them.

moneroguru

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:06:29 AM

Also i didn't see mention of account balance privacy, will that happen?
lodyman

Activity: 184
Merit: 101

if you need help , drop me a pm

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:13:48 AM

how would people know that this address belongs to you anyway ?? *just sayin*

moneroguru

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:20:35 AM

how would people know that this address belongs to you anyway ?? *just sayin*

When you make a sufficiently large purchase, and your balance is now less.
Again, haven't read the paper yet, that's why this may be a moot concern.
iekzdmlbmglvfhg

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:25:12 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2018, 11:27:30 AM by iekzdmlbmglvfhg

There are two ways to automatically solve captchas: using OCR (for which complexity matters) and human solved (for which complexity is irrelevant).

The human solved ones make use of an API which distributes the captchas to people all over the world, who solve them manually and are paid for that. These are very cheap because they are solved by people living in places where that money is good money at the end of the month.

Potential errors are not relevant because the page is refreshed and you simply need to a good solving rate. Considering that this can happen continuously, a simple 50% rate is great, although it's much higher for the captchas used by RaiBlocks.

These automatic captcha solvers can also be run concurrently, therefore increasing the yield. It really is no different than a small piece of software generating proofs of work.

In fact, we might even be able to limit the generation of proofs of work by serializing them, by using a counter instead of a timestamp, and each proof of work would have to use the previous proof of work.

This would have to be combined with a registration process for the addresses that would be allowed to participate in the free distribution; for example, between dates X and Y, the users registered on this forum could send you their addresses (one per user); maybe also require a minimum number of posts.

The following would be a possible way to do it:

The process is similar to mining, but very limited in time (and therefore energy) and without the immense complexity of implementing mining into the cryptocurrency itself.

Make a small desktop application which generates a proof of work by using a memory-hard hash algorithm, like Argon2d. The goal is to make CPUs as efficient or more efficient than videocards and ASICs.

Each hash operation should take about 1 minute on an average desktop computer, and use about 2...4 GB of RAM. The chosen time is short because each verification of a proof of work takes the same amount of time.

Every 10 minutes, the application should save the last computed hash in order to minimize the possible loss caused by computer restarts and power failures.

The application would generate a proof of work, starting with the following information:
* A (random) seed which is generated (by the developers of the cryptocurrency) immediately before the final build is made and the application is publicly release. This will prevent the precomputation of the proofs of work.
* A timestamp.
* The user name from the Bitcointalk forum. This has to be registered with the developers of the cryptocurrency. Unregistered users would not receive free cryptocurrency.
* An address for the account which will receive the cryptocurrency.
* Counter which is incremented at every hash; this starts from 1.

The proof of work would consist in a single hash which has as many 0 bits as possible at the beginning of the hash. The number of 0 bits can vary so that the users can decide how many bits they want to generate (because they are rewarded proportionally).

At a specified date X, publicly release the application.

Then allow the users from the Bitcointalk forum to register their user names (and 1 cryptocurrency address per user), with the developers of the cryptocurrency. Unregistered users would not receive free cryptocurrency. Maybe also require a (small) minimum number of posts per user; the posts have to make sense, not simply be noise; this is to minimize the automated registration of users for the purpose of getting free cryptocurrency.

The application can be run for any amount of time, stopped, started again, and so on, since the computed hashes are saved periodically. The proof of work is the last saved hash. The number of 0 bits from the beginning of the proof of work is the "strength" of the proof of work.

At a specified date Y, for example 30 days after date X, the proof of work generated by the application has to be submitted to the developers of the cryptocurrency, by each user.

Each proof of work has to be validated by the developers of the cryptocurrency.

For each valid proof of work, the developers of the cryptocurrency would give to the registered user an amount of cryptocurrency proportional with 2 raised to the power "strength".

The amount of cryptocurrency given to a user should be capped in order to limit how much cryptocurrency a user could get by using a computer farm or a supercomputer.
fonship

Activity: 893
Merit: 135

Bitcoin is not a currency or asset. Its a MOVEMENT

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 05:26:10 PM

Wow this looks great and discussion about captcha is very well explain in  above post and its very lightening to read that.
Whitepaper also looks neat, looking forward to see how things progress here.

selling sushistake.com, send offers
steelslo

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:52:27 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2018, 07:52:20 PM by steelslo

Hi,

I have donated a small amount (2 XRB). Hope the project succeds. Do you have any plans when will the testing start? Could you please just confirm that you received my donation?

Thanks.
Kamlanaut

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 03:09:49 AM

Hello,

I am excited for this project as DAG + privacy will be a game changer in the market right now. My concern is there are several projects popping up with the same goal and I am scared which one is legit. I am new to this forum, are donations normal at this point in the development stage?
Filmmmakerr

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

Hello. Bye.

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 03:32:12 AM

This looks like Manta. Even the ANN feels the same...

Campaign Manager (2018)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: