Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:24:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC of bounty hunters  (Read 6901 times)
webling

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:09:45 AM

Although I do not agree with KYC for bounty hunters I understand why they have to do so. They are hoping to deter some people from creating multiple accounts to register for the bounty.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iktomi

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:15:54 AM

Never submit a KYC form. As soon as I see one I abandon the project, its not worth the chance they are a scam so I just assume they are.
Kryten12

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

TREEBLOCK

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:18:16 AM

I don't have any problem with it personally, I think you will find that these restrictions are being passed down by regulatory authorities and not the companies themselves.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
coat47

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:24:51 AM

I already don’t like to give my KYC to the bank and the exchange. Here to give to people that i don’t know anything ?  just a whitepaper of 20, 30, or 40 pages and some photos
I prefer to not participate at these bounty. I mean, it’s just a bounty.
What will they do with your passport etc ?
It’s not like you invest and they need to know where come from your money because they are afraid of the money laundering.
mikahmax

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:28:07 AM

Bounty programs are asking bounty hunters to do KYC before they are paid for work done . What do you think of this development.
In the start, we all know who to trust and we don't know if the bounties we are joining is a legit one. Giving information or submitting it in the bounties before we apply or before we got our wages in bounties is not a good idea. There is no difference if we are anonymously and detailed information, it does matter qactually because all we have to do in participating in bounties is to advertise that ICo to make their sales higher.
Samkol26

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

Bountyhive.io

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 07:28:12 AM

I don't see a reason why there should be KYC for bounty hunters. This is a way to scam people.

kickero0O

Activity: 57

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:33:41 AM

The only advantage in KYC, which I see, is the truncation of multi-accounts. I do not want to trust anyone with my documents.  Why do not developers show their documents?

You have also a point here, to be fair isnt it? Smiley KYC isvery important but can also very dangerous on our part by providing our personal info which can be used also for fraud.

As a suggestion, there must be a decentralized authority that will handle all this so that everytime we join no need for another  KYC. We have only to submit our encrypted and verified link or somethjing like a walelt address. BTW, they can also require a signed wallet with encrypted details.

███ ███ ███ ███ ███       Node      |      INTELLIGENT TECHNOLOGY FOR WIRELESS ENERGY       ███ ███ ███ ███ ███
[   P R E - I T O   ►   Dec 7th - Jan 7th   ] (http://www.nodepower.io/)
FACEBOOK (https://www.facebook.com/nodepower.eu/)  TWITTER (https://twitter.com/nodepower_eu)  INSTAGRAM (https://www.instagram.com/nodepower.eu/)  SLACK (https://join.slack.com/t/node-technology/shared_invite/enQtMjQ2MDQxNjY2ODA0LThlMmIzZmY3ZDc5NmU3M2UwYTU4MDZjYWUyYjRmNzc0M2QxMzFjNDcyYzU2ZTg1YWFjYTM3YmMzOWY4Y2Y5NGI/)  REDDIT (https://www.reddit.com/user/nodepower/)  |  WHITEPAPER  | (http://www.nodepower.io/whitepaper.pdf)  MEDIUM (https://medium.com/@nodepower)  TELEGRAM (https://t.me/nodeofficial/)  YOUTUBE (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYyeSKoizPsbmchL9MNzT1w/)  LINKEDIN (https://www.linkedin.com/company/18262353/)  GITHUB (https://github.com/nodepower/)
jsscswan

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:37:38 AM

Bounty programs are asking bounty hunters to do KYC before they are paid for work done . What do you think of this development.
It is very dangerous if you provide KYC info to bounty managers as a condition to follow their program. This could be misused by them, so stay alert in every bounty, keep your data confidential if you do not want to regret it in the future.

_____________________A I T H E O N_____________________       [   JOIN THE WHITELIST   ]
The digital ecosystem simplifying your world through A.I., robotic, and human symbiosis
██ ███     WHITEPAPER     |     TELEGRAM     |     TWITTER     |     INSTAGRAM     ███ ██
LazyBitInvestor

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

Your professional profile on the blockchain

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:38:28 AM

I don't see a reason why there should be KYC for bounty hunters. This is a way to scam people.
To a great pity, more and more projects have mandatory KYC even for bounty hunters. Some examples: Gladius, INS Ecosystem, HOQU and others.

otundebis

Activity: 630

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:40:38 AM

KYC for bounty hunter that hunt in signature campaign or twitter or facebook is totally and completely irrelevant.  This bounty hunters are like fan of their individual project. They only promote and not necessarily buying.  They are not customers but supporters.

Leocrypto da Vinci

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

OMNITY Knowledge, connected

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:29:24 AM

I agree that to give personal data to an unknown entity is very disturbing.
More over, we don't know what can someone do with your personal data and a copy of your passport.
Btw, out of multiple accounts problem, it's true that in a lot of countries you are forced to ask personal IP before to send tokens.
I think we need to find a different system for identification: I don't have special problem to identify myself, but to give scans of passport is too risky.

https://OMNITY.io/ico
               Knowledge, connected.               
Unifying Knowledge For Faster Insight.
Kavallo

Activity: 395
Merit: 129

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:59:00 PM

Which bounty programs are doing that? Bounty hunters would just have to boycott their campaigns and I tell you that they would stop with this intrusion in people's privacy, or run a campaign that nobody would join.
This is one way for the bounty managers to prevent multiple accounts owned by the same person joining in the campaign. So I, myself, am willing to do KYC processes. I just would want it to be announced as soon as the campaign starts so it will make the distribution faster than doing KYC after the campaign.

No problems in bounty managers to ask for a KYC to bounty hunters, as long as they specify that in the rules of the campaign BEFORE the people join it, and not AFTER the campaign has finished. Everybody must be given the choice to chose whether to accept known conditions or not. To change such rules after that the deal has been done is cheating. Moreover, I'd find it correct that if bounty hunters have to make public their personal identity, so should the bounty manager who is requiting that from them. It is a matter of reciprocity.
Well, most of the managers state in their bounty thread that "rules are subject to change" so they have that authority to make changes. Let's just hope that they will also consider their bounty participants' convenience when having these changes.
It is also a good idea for me that the manager will also do this process just in case he/she uses participants' identity for illegal purposes, we will have the exact name of the person to be blamed.

I understand that the bounty managers reserve to themselves the power to change the rules of the agreement they do with the bounty hunters - because sometimes there are changes which must necessarily be introduces due to changing circumstances. However, it is an entirely different thing when the managers abuse this power that they grant to themselves by changing rules in ways that totally screw their bounty hunters. Campaigns which are supposed to last one month and then end up lasting SIX months (it happened) with basically the same reward and if you leave the campaign due to the changed rules you lose all your stakes. This is cheating. And I have seen quite a lot of this sort of cheating, with rules changed in a way that strongly penalized the bounty hunters. That is BAD. Moreover, a sane person does not check every day if the rules of what he is doing are changing, so you may end up losing all your stakes because you didn't comply with rules which have been changed without notifying you.
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:00:50 PM

Avoid, new precedent trying to be set, the more people the give in, then you'll have to give you info out for every single airdropped/bounty out there.
It's very dangerous for you to trust these non-reputable individuals with your information and for the future of cryptos as a whole, yet no one is discussing this.

You can blame Polymath for this, they don't want to work harder filter to filter puppets, so instead they want your ID.

Edit: There is probably nothing we can do to stop this, because the vast majority of people trying to do airdrops are very likely to hand over their info without a second thought. This has major repercussions, some of the worst repercussions we will see ever in crypto.

The best thing you can do if you're reading this, is to not give in to these new information whores, who are more than likely to flip your IDs on the darkweb for a profit.
Sheep always walk to the slaughterhouse without objecting.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
deadmousehat

Activity: 1974

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:24:38 AM

it's bad idea, many scammer use bounty hunter to promote their scam project to the investor.
or what happens with our identity can their project turn out to be a scam.
crypto is identical to anonymous so why promoter need KYC
Stephgmnl

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:30:57 AM

Bounties doesnt require KYC for participants. Then if they are asking for this information then better think twice before giving any information. Its important to be vigilant when giving information if its one of the requirements of the bounty then its your discretion if you would like to give your personal information. 
Tsubachuchu

Activity: 316

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:02:29 AM

This KYC program is very interesting and it is not. It's interesting because you will know that there are multiple accounts that are been registered but it's not okay because you will submit your personal info. It's okay to submit your detailed info if this project is a big, big one and also the people who are behind it are well-known.
lukmankhan22

Activity: 68

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:34:21 AM

I agree to this, as you can imagine if someone uses dozens of accounts to participate in a bounty? that is very bad. and harming other members
cpoer2011

Activity: 560
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:29:20 AM

I think I will agree on this because there are many fake accounts join the bounty campaign and that's not fair according to me. About privacy of documents that to risky for us but the ICO company that held the bounty they have rights to ask about KYC. i agree that ICO owner must state in the first place that the bounty hunter has to join KYC verification so the bounty hunter can choose to join the bounty campaign or not. Thanks
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:15:25 AM

If this was a condition from the beginning then you can choose to accept the conditions or not and I hope people do not accept that ridiculous condition, but if that was not a condition and then they try to do this then this is in my opinion an attempt to scam their users, most bounty programs do not pay their participants until the end of the ico and that may take weeks or months so all their efforts were wasted.
Leyss

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:33:56 AM

I am absolutely against giving ICO my personal data, much less copies of identity documents. Campaign signatories can not be suspected of being able to launder money or conduct other illegal transactions because they do not invest their money. They are only engaged in advertising the ICO campaign and are not associated with any money, and for their work receive issued tokens. Moreover, if the KYC requirement is presented already after the completion of the ICO, and, it turns out, only for the purpose of non-payment of earned tokens.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: