Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 01:56:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC of bounty hunters  (Read 6908 times)
klixion

Activity: 645
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:44:52 AM

Bounty programs are asking bounty hunters to do KYC before they are paid for work done . What do you think of this development.

This is most likely due to those signing up multiple times for the same bounty.  This will eliminate the situation from occurring again.  I personally would not want to join a bounty that requires a KYC before being paid.  I just don't like my personal information floating around the internet. 
aussiesloth

Activity: 266
Merit: 41

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:53:08 AM

Given the prevalence of people using multiple accounts, I think this course of action was unavoidable.  Can't say I'm happy about it, but we, as a community, can only blame ourselves.  Those bounty hunters with multiple IDs are a part of our community, so we have to wear, sadly... or give up on bounty hunting.
BlazingBlack_Dragon

Activity: 102
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:01:06 AM

I am not comfortable giving up personal info at ICO's and even more so on the bounty campaigns. Having your personal docs sold in the dark web is really scary.  Angry Cry
Maren

Activity: 304
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:01:57 AM

Given the prevalence of people using multiple accounts, I think this course of action was unavoidable.  Can't say I'm happy about it, but we, as a community, can only blame ourselves.  Those bounty hunters with multiple IDs are a part of our community, so we have to wear, sadly... or give up on bounty hunting.

Actually they don't really care much about multiple accounts as the sums involved in bounties are miniscule. The law in most developed countries demands KYC for every holder of a security. Most utility tokens are securities, so everyone will have to get identified or the company is liable.

This is a good development and a step towards greater crypto adoption, but on the other hand it will piss of the anonymous crowd hard, because it means crypto is becoming just another big money playfield.

ccsang

Activity: 910
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:06:11 AM

I'm agree with some project need bounty hunter submit their KYC form and the only way to receive our reward , such as INS Ecosystem , I think because of some country law , requirement just capture passport or driver license and provide some own information , If you don't agree then your reward will burn 
deloreswest

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:08:51 AM

this is a good think that would develop bounty hunter and it will minimize scam and spam. for sure this would be the best way to claim the reward. but its true that there is always a way for people to do scam even though there is kyc.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
Queen12

Activity: 182

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:09:31 AM

At present, I haven't met the reward thread of KYC, which one of the reward threads requires KYC? I'm curious about this question, Huh

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
patz22

Activity: 1176
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:11:04 AM

I totally agree with it since nowadays some governments of different countries just want to prevent the usage of money in illegal transactions and also this is to prevent bot accounts. For me, it is necessary and if we will disagree with it meaning theres a problem with us. We also invest our time with it thats why it is also important.
Mohamme

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:20:29 AM

If the reward thread of an ICO project requires KYC verification, then I will not participate in this reward thread, because it is a dangerous thing to give KYC to someone I don't know.

ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:25:48 AM

I'm not sure what the difference is between a bounty and a sig campaign, but I wouldn't trust any of them with my information.   If campaigns ever start asking for identification, that'll be the end of it for me.  As the member above said, that shit could easily wind up on the dark web--you just never know. 

What IS the difference between bounties and campaigns, anyway?

Bounty can include multiple campaigns like Twitter, Translations, Reddit and so on. In fact it is a campaign with many campaigns within it.
The ICOs and the campaigns are getting harder and harder and with KYC this makes mostly impossible for us to join, this means also for bitcoin signature campaigns, they will pay of course but after KYC verification which I think this verification procedure should do a trusted company not the company that is running the ICO or the campaign.
altercreed

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:41:59 AM

Bounty programs are asking bounty hunters to do KYC before they are paid for work done . What do you think of this development.

KYC is supposedly applicable only for investors who are participating in the crowdsale of an ICO. Recently, i have participated in a campaign where they asked bounty hunters to submit requirements for KYC which is unlikely. They said that all participants in the ICO whether you are an investor or bounty hunter should comply the KYC requirements since the ICO is coming from the United States. So does all ICOs from United States should have their participants pass the KYC first?

Dilireba

Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 04:50:20 AM

the biggest benefit of crypto currency is incognito and now they force bounty hunters to make KYC. so amazing  Undecided

░▒▓ DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI ▓▒░
░▒▓ A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments ▓▒░
░▒▓ https://dfinance.co ▓▒░
tianglistrik

Activity: 626
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:59:42 AM

I think it's good, to reduce some people who cheat in a bounty campaign. And with the KYC for bounty participants they will definitely play honestly and fairly. Hopefully the future of KYC can bring more good
lion1987

Activity: 280
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 05:12:59 AM

Its the own fault of the Bounty Hunter "Community"
So many people trying to create Multi Accounts oal Channels to get more free Coins. If i would start an ICO i also would do a KYC to get all the cheaters out of my Programm.

X-avier

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:24:43 AM

I don't like the idea of how this decentralized global cryptocurrency can supply these conditions for mere mortals??? I understand that when you are an investor with a very large amount of investment, then Yes, you have to prove your identity.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 05:45:51 AM

I am not sure of how others think but i am okay to give out my information for bounty programs

IMO, If you are qualified and one who do real work, there's no need of afraid of identity exposed.

However, perhaps the KYC might needed to be integrated to some sort of good agency or decentralized bounty network like Bounty0x
I believe it may do good Smiley
lionheart89

Merit: 108

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:50:14 AM

i do not agree with the terms KYC on bounty participants because i do not know what the purpose of the KYC. if at the beginning of the requirement follow bounty must upload KYC then i will not join.
Boi qaaf

Activity: 345

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:14:27 AM

As I heard one or more projects wanted IDs from the bunty hunters in here. Hope it won't become regular procedure.

Visit YuTü.Ȼo.in's IȻO: Ȼommoditizing YouTube Ȼreator$' Brand$
sopromat

Activity: 353
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:17:49 AM

of course not, this is a disaster, and you are not investing anything, why would you need to provide your personal information? I wouldn't risk my privacy for $200 a month, of course not, it is not worth it.
As I heard one or more projects wanted IDs from the bunty hunters in here. Hope it won't become regular procedure.
Kryptogenie

Activity: 110

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:23:38 AM

It seems annoying for bounty hunters to submit KYC documents specially when we already are paying details for each and every transaction other than crypto. On the other hand it is a good move for identifying valid and unique users and avoiding spams.

BITEX >>> The First Locally-Embedded, Yet Global, Crypto-Bank <<< WHITEPAPER - ANN - JOIN WHITELIST NOW!
                TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK   TWITTER    YOUTUBE    LINE       PRE-ICO STARTS 23RD APRIL 12:00 GMT
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: