Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:42:05 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC of bounty hunters  (Read 6908 times)
erox

Activity: 308
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:51:22 AM

Yes, many ico now need to pass KYC. I think it's good. Finally, the ico received a regulation which was so necessary.

NAVIBRATION  -  feel your way   |   The way of knowing the world, reinvented
▬▬   WHITEPAPER   :   ONE PAGER   ▶  WATCH INTRO
FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   YOUTUBE
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:56:51 AM

Bounty programs are asking bounty hunters to do KYC before they are paid for work done . What do you think of this development.

I think there is not much we can do about it. Part of the cause is increasing pressure for regulation and part of it is due to some people claiming multiple times under different usernames.

breeze170

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:09:42 AM

I don't really defend this even if we need it. Basically its more unsecure to share my data with people I don't know. Not all ico developers are legit. Many people may use my information on weird things.

niisarearning

Activity: 910
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:12:31 AM

As of gladius and INS token asked to fill KYS for their bounty for me . I think its good if your really a genuine participant and it may be hurting for the bot account scam account they just ruining bounty system . I think more ICO's Should coming up with regulations. Its a healthy move.
Diablesfunis

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:23:15 AM

Bounty programs are asking bounty hunters to do KYC before they are paid for work done . What do you think of this development.
I don't know why kyc is needed for bounty participants and so far i haven't get into bounty campaign who require me to so do kyc first. I think this is done purely because there's a lot of multiple accounts that try to cheat the bounty campaign but it is also easy to bypass this as they can borrow their friend identity.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
DarkDrake

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:27:20 AM

i have always avoided bounty programs and coins or tokens that have asked for KYC from the investors.

i don't see the reason for investors to provide KYC when investing with other forms of crypto like eth/btc.
boss82_big

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:42:13 AM

These checks are very beneficial for ISO because they can identify fake and simply do not pay them rewards as they do not comply with the rules.
Sarcasm

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:45:10 AM

if for bounty I think is very heavy,
moreover it will be very long for the payment.
Prodigan786

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:14:07 AM

KYC process fo rbounty having pro and cons . Pro is you can limit bounty scammers and cons is that its not the original purpose of blockchain technology where no need of KYC . Complete crypto community works based on trust.
mysacrifice

Activity: 364
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:46:19 AM

Avoid, new precedent trying to be set, the more people the give in, then you'll have to give you info out for every single airdropped/bounty out there.
It's very dangerous for you to trust these non-reputable individuals with your information and for the future of cryptos as a whole, yet no one is discussing this.

You can blame Polymath for this, they don't want to work harder filter to filter puppets, so instead they want your ID.

Edit: There is probably nothing we can do to stop this, because the vast majority of people trying to do airdrops are very likely to hand over their info without a second thought. This has major repercussions, some of the worst repercussions we will see ever in crypto.

The best thing you can do if you're reading this, is to not give in to these new information whores, who are more than likely to flip your IDs on the darkweb for a profit.

I agree, it is not a good trend and I fear it will only become worse in the future. Pay attention by sending your ID documents to the ICOs!

This is actually scary. I am sure that there will be some scam projects who want to use the id or passports in harmful way. So please be careful and think twice before you send your id to any project.
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:50:01 AM

This is the start of violating what Satoshi Nakamoto want to happen when he created cryptocurrencies.
we are all aware what blockchain wants for us to have today and i the future, to keep us anonymous in dealing with cryptocurrencies,
be unknown on having coins and sending it to others, documented on blockchain without any identity of any person.
but we cant do anything but to follow KYC as this "KNOW YOUR CUSTOMER" is for the better ICO performance.
KTPU777

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

AMON - Crypto Debit Card for Everyday Purchases

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:50:51 AM

This is normal. It seems to me that in 2018 bounty hunters will pass KYC in almost all the bounties. In this way, company bounties will struggle with multi-accounts. Therefore, bounty hunters need to get used to this.

Lordshiva

Activity: 840
Merit: 126

Welcome back 🙏

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:55:35 AM

I don’t think bounty hunters need to pay for the kyc... and if that campaign wants then they should make it clear at the beginning not at the time of payouts... I don’t think it’s fair

natureltiqqy

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 10:59:00 AM

I think that the sharing of KYC information is not appropriate for the purpose of the formation and existence of crypt money. hundreds of ico, and the knowledge to be given for grace, it means there is not a lot of security incidents.

zanezane

Activity: 868
Merit: 150

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:29:21 AM

KYC process fo rbounty having pro and cons . Pro is you can limit bounty scammers and cons is that its not the original purpose of blockchain technology where no need of KYC . Complete crypto community works based on trust.

Absolutely. KYC should just be use in ICO in order to perform and see they customers and have basic info and not in bounties. Bounties having KYC will just be burden to the managers as well as the participants, just require to join in telegram channel to lessen those multi accounts and at least regulate.

sebinator

Activity: 294
Merit: 113

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:34:46 AM

It is really dangerous to give somebody a copy of your ID card or driver license. They can commit fraud in many ways with your data.
Google: Identity fraud.
BeruchN

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:36:13 AM

It is really dangerous to give somebody a copy of your ID card or driver license. They can commit fraud in many ways with your data.

You'd think people would be more cautious of their identity/personal details, especially people who are into crypto and know the importance of privacy.

It's crazy to me that someone would just send their ID to a random person on the internet like that.

----  Hot Crypto Airdrops ----   
Ilegendph

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 11:39:37 AM

You'd think people would be more cautious of their identity/personal details, especially people who are into crypto and know the importance of privacy.

It's crazy to me that someone would just send their ID to a random person on the internet like that.
I totally disagree with this rules and regulations with bounty hunters. Our Identity must be kept in private, what if this people use our identity to do something bad, we can commit a crime that we didn't do and punish for that and besides cryptocurrency is decentralized and I believed the way we work too.

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     
bubbagump

Activity: 104
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:03:15 PM

I've noticed that airdrops and faucets are asking for this shit as well.  It's complete bullshit.  There's no reason why they need that data.  How do you think they would react if potential investors asked these fuckers to post their ID on their announcement posts and websites?  Somehow I doubt they would be willing to do that, so why should they expect it from anyone else?  It's not as if they're dealing with fiat here so there's no banking protocols that they need to follow.  Unfortunately, there will always be gullible people who won't see the potential downsides to this and will willingly fork over their personal data in exchange for a couple quick bucks.  I guess they'll just have to learn the hard way.   Undecided
Darthswan

Activity: 818
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:23:06 PM

This is normal. It seems to me that in 2018 bounty hunters will pass KYC in almost all the bounties. In this way, company bounties will struggle with multi-accounts. Therefore, bounty hunters need to get used to this.

In fact, the struggle with multi-accounts. is not the first point that pursues KYS. They just want to know everything about you and your money, where, why, how much. So it will be easier to beat out tax payments from you, since now it is difficult with this. And the fight against multi-accounts does not interest them at all. They can say as much as they please that this is not true, but the reality is this. On the other hand, we are ordinary people who advertise the project, why should they know everything about us? we are not investors with millions of dollars.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: