Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:43:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC of bounty hunters  (Read 6900 times)
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:01:45 PM

I've never bothered with airdrops despite some friends telling me they are basically free coins. With developments like this, then I'd rather not. YOUR data is worth much more than any amount of alt coin (especially these are basically unknown coins) anyone can give you. I'd only KYC if it's absolutely necessary, like in the local exchange where I cash out my bitcoin to my bank account.

And I really don't see any reason why it should be required of people. Sure they are giving you coins but most likely they'll ask you do little tasks to promote them. It's not always "free" and if they are also asking for your IDs, then you are getting the short end of the stick.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Froloff92

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:03:49 PM

It has good and bad two sides.Some of going for spamming and use Duplicate account. Its main cause for KYC.
whofeelsitknowsit

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:07:48 PM

I've never bothered with airdrops despite some friends telling me they are basically free coins. With developments like this, then I'd rather not. YOUR data is worth much more than any amount of alt coin (especially these are basically unknown coins) anyone can give you. I'd only KYC if it's absolutely necessary, like in the local exchange where I cash out my bitcoin to my bank account.

And I really don't see any reason why it should be required of people. Sure they are giving you coins but most likely they'll ask you do little tasks to promote them. It's not always "free" and if they are also asking for your IDs, then you are getting the short end of the stick.

The purpose of KYC is to verify that the person is not involved in terroristic or other illicit activity.  Once the recipient of the airdrop has been awarded the coins/tokens, he or she can use them freely.  So it doesn't really matter whether the person paid for the coins or received them for free.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
valentinen39

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:10:01 PM

Bounty programs are asking bounty hunters to do KYC before they are paid for work done . What do you think of this development.

KYC is just fine for me since it is only required for those consumers who are investing coins of the current ico you are promoting. Participants are not required on kyc because they are just promoting the ico's but it was still a huge advantage for icos with kyc because it only means that they are legitimate and more consumers will invest to them.
SinRin

Activity: 100

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 05:14:03 PM

I do not want to share data with people I do not  know . But there is no choice and the pluses are of course now fewer farms will. This will increase the profits of ordinary users

genesis53

Activity: 522

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 05:43:33 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2018, 02:33:31 AM by genesis53

The very purpose of KYC is to know that source of funds from ICO investors are coming from the legitimate sources. Bounty hunters are not investors and should not be included in this new rule. Beside the risk of giving personal information to strangers, it will also give more hassle to bounty hunters to submit personal information to every bounty participation.
stan_

Activity: 196

Blockchain Pensions Infrastructure

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:45:08 PM

I think start making KYC for bounty hunters is really good idea. Now there are a lot of multiacc. in bounty but if you will start to make KYC real people will earn more.

Norihiro

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

APOLLOX Protocol

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:26:30 PM

I hear about that quite for the first time and don't like that news at all. Such a tendency is not good at all - because KYC is related for buyers, but not for the members of the team (as I consider people who participate in bounty programms) ; I only understand that if the sum which must be paid is really big.

PERSISTENCE   //   BUY XPRT now!
●✦●───●✦●───  Protocol Powering Next-Gen Financial Products  ───●✦●───●✦●
│██ ██ ███ █████   DeFi    NFT    PoS  █████ ███ ██ ██│
DAOfan

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:33:00 PM
Merited by zeingrind777 (1)

Without a doubt KYC is not necessary for bounty hunters. KYC stands for Know Your Customer. A bounty hunter isn't a customer. They do not invest and they are not buying anything.

KYC is to prevent terrorism and money laundering. Wouldn't it be better if terrorists decided they just wanted to sit around and tweet and write articles all day...instead of doing terrorist things?

Meet IP Exchange. Distributed network layer.
Join IPSX Token Sale  ─── 『 https://ip.sx/
ismelda_ita

Activity: 369
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:40:30 PM

the KYC program is actually good but I think it is less effective because to take care of it requires a passport and another while not everyone has it so it will feel very difficult if using that system

I think not all project need kyc for their requirement but only some of them.
I had experience by joining bounty and i need to add kyc in their project and i did not face any problem because i just need to upload my identity card. For some people i think its not privacy since crypto born for anonymous so it will kill that goal.
yes, it is only part of the project that uses KYC as a requirement for receiving the gift. and I hope all projects will do that so that all the funding is not illegal and the KYC program for bounty hunter can know who the participants really joined in the project. because many members are using multiple accounts to gain a bounty
HouruSinkara

Activity: 157

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:48:08 PM

A good idea with user verification, there will be more profit for honest users, though not all projects do it yet

sonic212

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:07:05 PM

Avoid, new precedent trying to be set, the more people the give in, then you'll have to give you info out for every single airdropped/bounty out there.
It's very dangerous for you to trust these non-reputable individuals with your information and for the future of cryptos as a whole, yet no one is discussing this.

You can blame Polymath for this, they don't want to work harder filter to filter puppets, so instead they want your ID.

Edit: There is probably nothing we can do to stop this, because the vast majority of people trying to do airdrops are very likely to hand over their info without a second thought. This has major repercussions, some of the worst repercussions we will see ever in crypto.

The best thing you can do if you're reading this, is to not give in to these new information whores, who are more than likely to flip your IDs on the darkweb for a profit.

I agree, it is not a good trend and I fear it will only become worse in the future. Pay attention by sending your ID documents to the ICOs!

Yes, I also strongly agree, if they ask the original ID to verify it, I am afraid it will be misused for the unexpected in the future, so I do not think it necessary to show original ID about personal data to get Something, because basically we not easy to believe just by showing your personal data with them.
Stasnislav11

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:46:13 PM

I think most people who have multiple accounts running in the bounty when they are asked to pass KYC, they are unable to provide detailed information about their many accounts and so so angry. I have also seen people write that they don't pay when they get involved in generosity, but you must not forget that they pay you, and may the bounty of the company to be adopted in the near future, will have to report their expenditures and that they must provide, in your opinion? Sent 1000 tokens "asdrss43456"? but I urge you not to give your ID to all bounty company, in any case, you need to be attentive to the company before giving them your details
coinlawyer

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:56:14 PM

the KYC program is actually good but I think it is less effective because to take care of it requires a passport and another while not everyone has it so it will feel very difficult if using that system

I think not all project need kyc for their requirement but only some of them.
I had experience by joining bounty and i need to add kyc in their project and i did not face any problem because i just need to upload my identity card. For some people i think its not privacy since crypto born for anonymous so it will kill that goal.
yes, it is only part of the project that uses KYC as a requirement for receiving the gift. and I hope all projects will do that so that all the funding is not illegal and the KYC program for bounty hunter can know who the participants really joined in the project. because many members are using multiple accounts to gain a bounty
I completly agree with Your statement! This is probably the best way to fight with multi accounts, but I think that people that give their scan or photo of documrnts had to be guaranteed that they will be secured from the risk of using them in a bad way. I think it will be enougnt if they receive some partlty defected fotos of documents without all data could be seen i order these could not be used by thiefs if they stoll them.

▀▄▀  T E M C O ~ Supply Chain Powered by Bitcoin Network, RSK ▀▄▀
  Officially Supported by RSK, TLDR Capital and Korea Investment Partners (KIP). 
Website   ★   Facebook   ★   Twitter   ★   Telegram   ★   Medium   ★   Reddit
littleDarper
Copper Member

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:00:51 AM

I'd actually question the legality of this. KYC laws exist for investors. They're a way to trace money laundering. Since there can't be any money laundering when you're given free tokens for advertising, KYC is not only not necessary, I'd say improperly stating it's needed when it's not may be a breach of certain laws. By all means.. if a project wants to collect that information they can ask for it.. but they should not state that it's required for KYC laws, as that is a misleading statement.

Lupus Solitarius

Activity: 273
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:17:43 AM

Like it or not, the far west of crypto currencies will go to an end (not so fast...), and the first step is to identify the players.
Please note that this is not always an initiative of the ICO company, but of the government in which ICO is (and dont' forget that in some contries ICOs are forbidden).
So, we have to expect more and more control on the whole system.
This would be bad for scammers, but good for normal people.

isamuaamc

Activity: 134
Merit: 1

Experienced English to Japanese Translator

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 01:23:04 AM

In terms of preventing multiple accounts, it's obviously good. However, bounty hunters will be reluctant to join bounty for KYC. Growth of bounty programs would come to a halt and the programs would eventually die out.
zaq130

Activity: 280
Merit: 128

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:32:04 AM

Nowadays there are too many bounty hunters trying to get bounty by
tools, multiple account and so on. That is why they are introducing KYC for hunters.

I think that nowadays many managers are limiting the participants.
In future I think only honest hunters will get job directly from the managers.

I have to say that someone doing cheat is only harming the future of blockchain and bounty program.

marimuthu960

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:37:19 AM

Nowadays there are too many bounty hunters trying to get bounty by
tools, multiple account and so on. That is why they are introducing KYC for hunters.

I think that nowadays many managers are limiting the participants.
In future I think only honest hunters will get job directly from the managers.

I have to say that someone doing cheat is only harming the future of blockchain and bounty program.

will submitting kyc documents to those sites make any problem to privacy?
Dannaey

Activity: 468
Merit: 100

Experience the Future of DeFi

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:43:27 AM

Avoid, new precedent trying to be set, the more people the give in, then you'll have to give you info out for every single airdropped/bounty out there.
It's very dangerous for you to trust these non-reputable individuals with your information and for the future of cryptos as a whole, yet no one is discussing this.

You can blame Polymath for this, they don't want to work harder filter to filter puppets, so instead they want your ID.

Edit: There is probably nothing we can do to stop this, because the vast majority of people trying to do airdrops are very likely to hand over their info without a second thought. This has major repercussions, some of the worst repercussions we will see ever in crypto.

The best thing you can do if you're reading this, is to not give in to these new information whores, who are more than likely to flip your IDs on the darkweb for a profit.

I agree, it is not a good trend and I fear it will only become worse in the future. Pay attention by sending your ID documents to the ICOs!

This come to my mind lately. Because I've read an article about stealing of identity. Wherein people will stole your identity so that it will be use by other people for their terrorism or any other illegal activities. So as a bounty hunter, I am cautious on this kind of bounty campaign that requires KYC unless you are confident that their company is legit.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: