Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:07:32 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold or Trade - Which is Better?  (Read 2597 times)
supine

Activity: 1036
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:22:27 PM

Having seen the massive rise of cryptocurrency prices in the previous year, I have seen that if one gets a coin at the right time and holds it before the prices pumps up, there would be huge gains. But then, the frequent bearish attitudes of the markets also affords one some gains.
Among these two strategies, which is better and which d you recommend?

It really depends, some altcoins are profitable when you hodl it. Some are good for short trade. Keep in mind that when you are investing or picking coins to be traded, you should make your own research. Doing your research before investing is the key for a good investment and trade. Either of the two needs patience. If you are impatient, don't expect to earn a lot from trading or holding.
RedzoneASE

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

TRONscratch.com

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:12:44 PM

Having seen the massive rise of cryptocurrency prices in the previous year, I have seen that if one gets a coin at the right time and holds it before the prices pumps up, there would be huge gains. But then, the frequent bearish attitudes of the markets also affords one some gains.

I'm my own understanding. I do prefer to trade than to hold.  It is better to trade and circulate a certain amount in your holdings when you do find small opportunity than to just wait and hold until pumps comes in. Though it is much safer when you hold but still we are in the trading industry and we already take risk. High volatile and high risk but greater opportunity, let's make use of it.

BigBos

Activity: 1918
Merit: 447

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 05:20:24 PM

Both are profitable. I do a lot of trading, but sometimes it seems as though it would be just as good to buy and hold. If the price goes up and you sell to buy back later, sometimes the price just keeps going up and you miss out on those gains. if you know how to manage your investment then you can gain much profits.
holding and trading is very profitable if we know how it works. but, to be more secure, I just hold the coins I have for now. trading in a fast way, is profitable, but at risk of losing more in comparison with holding.
Farvin2

Activity: 168
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:07:25 AM

Both, is profitable and depends on your capital amount to trade and different person have different comfort zones for trading. Somehow day trading is more hard to do if you have no good skills on it, it is a very risky. Long term holding is a sure profit if you invested in a Altcoin that have a big potential in the next months or years.
alan2here

Activity: 1778
Merit: 504

WorkAsPro

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:07:09 AM

I prefer to keep it rather than trading because it makes me nervous and wants to sell immediately when the price goes down but if I keep it long enough i can keep calm and focus on my work better . I like trading but maybe I don't  fit in trading because my mentality is very difficult to control and can not help me earn profit if trading

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
enawati

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

https://adonx.one

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:19:11 AM

Depend on the your skill and time for that. If you have more time to trade for the better learn and doing that so posibility to gain more profit than just become holder. But you have to spend more time to analysis the market and also to learn some strategy.

bakkang

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:02:29 AM

Well this two is really good and it is really profitable as long as we know how to play with cryptocurrency. For me if price is really dump I will going to hold so if the coin will go up then it is my time to sell my coins so that I will have a huge profit. Trading is also good but it requires you to have an effective strategy so that you can gain a huge profit
alkhie01

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:04:09 AM

I think it's depends on the asset that you are holding.Always research regarding your asset so you will know which is the one for long term or for short term.I recommend you to focus in long term asset if you have a job or not full time in crypto. In this case you can earn more than you get in daily trading.
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:19:42 AM

I only hold two coins for the long term which are the base coins namely bitcoin and ethereum. Whether it goes up or down, I don't mind that much because I believe that it would be more valuable in the future. The other coins that I got from airdrops or bounties, I temporarily hold them until such time when it at least 2x or 5x the ICO price. Other coins are for speculation purposes only because I want to actively trade. When I profit at least 5% or 10% then I would just sold it because I am accumulating either bitcoin or ethereum depending on the currrency I am trading for the day.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
e5p3r

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:25:45 AM

Both trading and holding has its own risks. With me, I think you should do both holding and trading to reduce risks of them. This is what I think, hope it can help you choose trade or hold
ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:45:45 AM

I like to trade while the market is down and cheap, then I would hold it until it comes back up. Maximum profit from crypto is the best.
Noctis Connor

Activity: 1008
Merit: 540

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:46:16 AM

As of now, it is better to hold your bitcoin. Because maybe one day the price will go boom and so high. Be patient only so that you can have a good profit after. It is better not to get regret at the end.
TATTICEO

Activity: 68

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 07:52:06 AM

My personal opinion & strategy is to invest long term. Its safer & you can have more time to discover new projects to invest next. I find trading short term stressful but makes me learn fast.
Briella18

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:53:11 AM

I prefer trading because I do not want to speculate any further
jomarthegreat89

Activity: 83

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:54:29 AM

Both are actually good money making strategies.. However, I would say it's better to allocate a higher percentage of your capital on long term investments and fewer on short term trades.
leviathon

Activity: 392
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 07:59:34 AM

Why not do both? You can have your long-term stash, and you could have a special account just for swing and day-trading - that is if you are any good at reading the charts and determining sentiment.

Profits from day-trading could also be used to bolster your hodl stack, or be diversified to other tokens/projects.
light22man

Activity: 311

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 08:15:47 AM

Its easy. if you have trading skill you can trade, if not  you just hold. In long run holder  always win.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
syahdurindu

Activity: 231

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:48:59 AM

if you want to get profit faster, then I suggest to do trading, but if you feel that the profit you get is still little, then please to hold it. Actually this kind of thing that determines is you, because it all depends on your estimates. However, if you do not have a sudden need I advise to withhold, because the opportunity to gain much greater profits...

mtemur

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:58:23 AM

Topгoвля oднoзнaчнo пpинocит oпpeдeлeнyю пpибoль нo бoлee вaлaнтильнo дepжaть пepcпeктивнyю мoнeтy c xopoшими тexнoлoгиями для этoгo нyжнo изyчaть мoнeты изнyтpи нa чтo пoтpeбyeтьcя нe мaлo тepпeния и вpeмeни нo этo тoгo cтoит иcxoдя из cвoeй личнoй пpaктики пo нeo y мeня был yжe тaкoй oпыт кoгдa я cдeлaл x3. зa нeдeлю нo ecлиб дepжaл тo пpиyмнoжил бы cвoй кaпитaл в дecятки тыcч paз и из зa этoгo мoи лoгти вce иcкacaнныe!
richcorner100

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

https://exip.live/

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:09:21 AM

Make investment in crypto just speculation so just doing both because we dont know excatly where cryptocurrency price will to go, we can only make prediction. Divide the money in to each 50% so we will know how profitable and level risk of each.

EXIP PROJECT
A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram⬝   Facebook ⬝  Medium    ─────── 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: