Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:10:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold or Trade - Which is Better?  (Read 2587 times)
DENGSKIE11

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:01:40 AM

If you have a lot of time. You can definitely be active in trading. Checking price and trend of it is very important.
If you're to busy, then you can check long time frame candles. 1month 2months. Be patient to look for entry.
Take your loss as a learning same thing with your gain.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dwarf42

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:21:57 PM

Having seen the massive rise of cryptocurrency prices in the previous year, I have seen that if one gets a coin at the right time and holds it before the prices pumps up, there would be huge gains. But then, the frequent bearish attitudes of the markets also affords one some gains.
Among these two strategies, which is better and which d you recommend?
I believe that with a market that is constantly fluctuating and extremely complex, you should trade on a long-term basis, it can be seen that bitcoin prices are fluctuating continuously throughout the past and not yet. There are signs of specific recovery. In addition, it is still a cyclical decline in the year so your long-term survival will be extremely dangerous and the risk will be high.
margert

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:24:50 PM

Having seen the massive rise of cryptocurrency prices in the previous year, I have seen that if one gets a coin at the right time and holds it before the prices pumps up, there would be huge gains. But then, the frequent bearish attitudes of the markets also affords one some gains.
I believe that with a market that is constantly fluctuating and extremely complex, you should trade on a long-term basis, it can be seen that bitcoin prices are fluctuating continuously throughout the past and not yet. There are signs of specific recovery. In addition, it is still a cyclical decline in the year so your long-term survival will be extremely dangerous and the risk will be high.
I have a completely different opinion from you, can see that the market is bearish but I firmly believe that with the benefits and potential that bitcoin amng, I firmly believe that the bitcoin price will increase same powerful in the future. That's why it's a great time to be able to buy and collect lots of bitcoins at great prices.
Arlibtchunt2018

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 12:55:22 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2018, 08:55:51 AM by Arlibtchunt2018

It depends on what the situation is. If you look at the price trend and found out that you can gain alot through its price fluctuation then go grab trading. But if you found the price rising constantly then it is better to hold and wait for a bigger pump.

(((●   OPP OPEN WIFI   ●)))
●▬▬▬▬ JOIN THE LARGEST WIFI NETWORK IN THE WORLD ▬▬▬▬●
easygoing123

Activity: 47

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:08:31 AM

In my opinion, nothing is better than nothing, it's depending on your purpose and time you're spending on it.
If you do have much time for it , go with trading and holding both.
But if you didn't have much time for it just simply go with holding only because it won't cost much time .
Dheo

Activity: 386

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:33:16 AM

If you can master trading you can do day trading but if you are just a newbie in trading world maybe you should study first all about the risky you can face from it before you trade.
Hold is better but you need to make sure that the coin you are holding is a potential coin.
Rustamm

Activity: 532
Merit: 18

Bitcoin lover!

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:17:34 AM

Hold and trade, these are two tactics of the same strategy of increasing profits in the crypto currency. It can not be said that one is worse, another is better. If there is not enough time to tackle the crypto currency, investing in prospective coins and tokens and their further retention will be suitable. If time and knowledge of the market is, then trade can give a good result in the shortest possible time. The best thing is to keep some coins and trade both these and other coins.
tranquanghuy

Activity: 166

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:18:49 PM

When people say holding, how long do you guys usually mean by that?  Is it long term hold or shorter?

Also the person that would buy the dips and then sell at the highs or close to the highs, then wait for the dips when having usdt in their account, wouldn't they be making money in real time compared to the holder?  Since someone say buy a coin that is 5 dollars.  Buy 2000 shares for 10k on the dip.  Then it goes to 7 dollars.  Now he sells it back to btc for 4000 profit.  Then immediately converts it to usdt.  Then he basically watches the market... waiting for more dips... then rinse and repeat.  Of course doing this is risky since you dont know if the market will recover.  But you dont lose unless you sell at lower price.  So wouldnt this be better?  Like look at how many times there are dips and then price increases etc.  The guy that is holding on a coin that he bought at say 5 dollars... let say it went to 8 then to 5 and keeps doing it etc.  Well let say its 7 dollars now.  Yes he made money if he sells now.  But the guy that sold to 8 and then bought back to 5 and then sold at 7 and bought back at 5.25 and keeps doing this over and over, he has made real money at the moment right?  Thus that way he has money coming in?  If you are holding, you arent having any money hit your exchange account or bank account.
sjyku

Activity: 88

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:06:04 AM

There are many opportunities now for you to choose. Don't be afraid to make mistakes. I will not tell you directly, you should learn how to find valuable, this time you will benefit for life Smiley
Koro-Sensei

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:21:02 AM

I ask of you which one you think you are suitable because those two are the same trading is just buying and Holding but it needs only little time to be sold while HODL i think you meant was good for good running coins that does not have running campaigns but still popular. Those two will benefit but it needs skills and patience to profit.
bytomboy1234

Activity: 145
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:43:26 AM

Both are good in their own way. It will just depends on the attitude of a person. If you are a person that doesn't want to work from time to time, holding is the best for you especially if you are holding decent amount. Now if you want to rake a risk and make a much faster profit, then go trading especially if you're a non-busy person. You can focus so much in trading.
Yeah I think you will increase your gains by doing both with different coins. I have a sort of investment which i only have for short term trading and i make a good earning through it. Coins with higher market cap are changing slowly so one can easily keep track of them and trade them more frequently. But with smaller coins It is better to hold them because they often have potential of very high return in short period of time.
pratik009

Activity: 365
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:26:20 AM

Holding and trading both strategies are profitable but it's depends on you that which one you choose.I do both things but trading is more risky than the holding but you can acheive more profits through it but you need more knowledge and experience for trading.And for holding you don't need anytype of experience.so if you have good knowledge of trading then i prefer you to do it but if you haven't knowledge about it then do holding.
gehtrs

Activity: 129

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:39:48 AM

According to the current market conditions, I think it should continue to hold. It will not be long before the currency price will pick up, so I will not sell it. Even if I want to invest in other better projects, I will find other funds. To invest, I believe I won't have to wait long before I can make a profit. Grin
Galahad111

Activity: 340
Merit: 122

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:45:08 AM

Do not be scared of holding, or trading, just do whatever you prefer about both.

Do not be so dumb.. the market is full of opportunities at the moment and just letting them go off is a bad idea.. Everytime that i see an opportunity to make at least 0.01, i take it.

But there are some coins who are in the market only waiting for us to hold them up for a longgg time to make incredible profits.
Other than day trading holding is a passive way to gain a lot of money and trading is an active way to gain a lot of money and you can do them both if i were you i am gonna do it both for double income. Holding if meant for those coins that are succes coins that are famous like ethereum bitcoins and litecoins and other more.
astridplomp

Activity: 217

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:04:59 AM

Currently the crypto market is bleeding, the prices of all altcoin are falling very low. This makes some investors nervous, and they want to sell the altcoin they hold because they do not suffer from losses. This will be their wrong decision, since investment in crypto must be long-term investment, and keep calm when the market fluctuates. In my opinion, with the current situation, we should be patient hold, not trade, so that we can have more profit later.

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
emmybd

Activity: 1218
Merit: 112

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 11:19:48 AM

Some time bitcoin price fluctuates too often, It would be better to avoid trading during this time. You can always adopt relatively safe option, but when the price is low and hold for long-term. It would be profitable for when the market would pump again in future.

shan05

Activity: 154
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 01:17:33 PM

in this case i think its nice to hold because as of now etherium and btc are very low, thats why id rather to be hold. but when the time is right thats the time i decide to trade my token. it depends on how you manage your token.

⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●     Uchit - The Hub of Communication and Collaboration based on Blockchain Technology.     ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬      Whitepaper     Facebook     Twitter     Telegram       ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
PRE-ICO | 1st April 2018
imking

Activity: 406
Merit: 117

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 01:54:20 PM

The only can answer your question is you! Yeah, only you.  In depend on skill, if you are a lazy or busy person. I can suggest to you that to the hold, put your money in your chosen coin and then after that, check your investment on the last month of the year and then cash out it.  The trading need of a lot of time, effort and hard work to earn a large capital.  Every single action has an impact, choose wisely the effect you want to have.
AlienSeeker

Activity: 360

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 02:39:05 PM

For me, both are great but it always depends on you what will you gonna like the most. If you have a lot of time, and time to check the price every minute it is great to trade because in trading you need to look always the price of your coin and you need to be updated with your coin while in the holding you just need to wait until your investment has already profits and a good profits equals to a good income.
mudasarali43

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:33:09 PM

I think there are some reasons according to following news yes some predictors are saying to hold instead of panic sales or for the good profit that they are predicting in near future, but its up to market condition,
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: