Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:55:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold or Trade - Which is Better?  (Read 2592 times)
yesss

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:03:33 PM

Having seen the massive rise of cryptocurrency prices in the previous year, I have seen that if one gets a coin at the right time and holds it before the prices pumps up, there would be huge gains. But then, the frequent bearish attitudes of the markets also affords one some gains.
Among these two strategies, which is better and which d you recommend?
I think keeping and trading are the ways to make a profit, but it also depends on the purpose and security to know what to choose. If you have technical analysis skills, good information, solid psychology and want to make a profit every day you choose the trade. If you determine that you do not have teeth analysis techniques and want to be safe then choose how to buy and hold, as long as you choose the potential long-term projects to reduce the risk.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
slava88

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:12:02 PM

Trading may guarantee you some fast cash, while holding may continue endless. If you can earn enough money from trading, you are welcome. But if you dream to change your bicycle to lambo, i thnik, there are no another way except holding)
Miracleismyidol

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:24:19 PM

IMHO, I would try to do both. In my case, I have a part of my money for doing microtrade, and other holding.
I am sure that in the long run, holding is still a better choice than trading so much if we can identify any potential projects, buy and hold. Keeping your money will give you a very high profit if you can identify potential projects, it also reduces the risk much more commercial. In order to trade well you need to have the skills to analyze, identify and market the market, learn the information. Although the trade brings very high profit but also a lot of risk.
rejin29x

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:28:23 PM

Go for trading. There are more gains there. Definitely. But mind you that crypto trading is not as easy as others might think. It is going to be a serious studying of charts and then of setting targets, specific target prices or percentages. If you are not that confident with your analysis or if you do not have a reliable source, holding is much better. Or you just apply the buy low sell high principle.
Joemzz31

Activity: 308
Merit: 30

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 08:43:39 AM

Trading is the better option since they will provides you a large income in just short period of time so you can assure that there will be a big and bright opportunity in trading instead of choosing hold.
strongwarrior238

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 09:42:35 AM

Due to missive rise in cryptocurrency market in last 1-2 years, we have seen that the HOLD is the best strategy to follow. Trading is risky and requires some experience in past.
I think hold is a safer choice than trade, hold us do not need to learn and ask too much as trade but profit that holg network, we have to wait for a long time. That makes you unable to take the initiative in finance. But trading is much more risky, but the higher the risk, the greater the profit. Please consider carefully before investing.
kristensoto

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 10:58:21 AM

I personally want to earn money actively not just a wait money comes to me. So I prefer trading to just holding. Also making money from trading can be much faster, don't have to wait for long time and I can  control my incomes. Holding too much depends on long time.

nicster551

Activity: 896
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:26:45 PM

For me, holding and trade is not a strategy on its own and you need an exit strategy

I buy and hold coins for the medium to long term which I feel have growth potential.
I take small punts on small and interesting coins which have significant growth opportunity.
I rebalance my portfolio based on tiered investments, primarily investing in Tier 1, long term stable growth coins supported by speculative investments on small/new growing coins which might see significant gains and accelerate my stable coins.
I take money off the table, 5% for each 25% up, back in to FIAT

Cryptoproff

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:50:00 PM

If you have much experience about cryptocurrency and cryptocurrency market, then the best choice is trading. In another case, holding is preferable.
Nikkolodeon

Activity: 98
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:57:03 PM

Well why choose if you can do both? I mean, if you can have a money for holding and a money designated for a swing trading you can hit two birds in one stone right? so What I think is that if you just have enough funds then do both because as you said the price of a coin is increasing every year, then it will be a won win situation.
MikeAngel

Activity: 40

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 02:53:08 PM

I think If you HOLD better invest in new ICO's otherwise go and trade and multiply your income.
Smiley
star19

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:32:19 PM

Hold and Trade both are good but it is a two system, one is day trading and 2nd is Hold. Now a days as a newbie trader came into online area and start buy some coin and hold for a long time but who is very expert about trading only those person start trading and they make a good profit with day trading so I think day trading is a better.
St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:34:09 PM

I will say holding is better because it can give the real profits from the crypto currencies and trading are good if we are looking to earn monthly.For example if you are holding your bitcoin since 2015 you actually made lots of profits without any effort but trading needs more skills and time to make that same amount of profits.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
Zveresk

Activity: 378
Merit: 109

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:53:14 PM

patience is a virtue of trader. As for me I sell part of coins/tokens if price appropriate, and part hold - simply "forget" for one year
ngavanngo22

Activity: 238

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:05:31 PM

Depending on each person, if you have good trading skills I think you should trade to earn money cause it's better and faster way to earn money than just holding. You still can earn a lot of money with holding but it'll take really long time cause it's not easy for a cryptocurrency double or triple price in just few days, it'll take about months so I think if you're a good trader there are no reasons for you to don't choose trader instead of holding Smiley)

bayupermana

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:31:32 PM

Hold and Trade both are good but it is a two system, one is day trading and 2nd is Hold. Now a days as a newbie trader came into online area and start buy some coin and hold for a long time but who is very expert about trading only those person start trading and they make a good profit with day trading so I think day trading is a better.
Yeah both are the main ways for Bitcoin-ers to earn profits in the market. It's hard to say which is better because both of them are best if you're doing them in the right way .
Holders usual are people who have a real big capital and they focus only on the long-term profits.
Traders are looking for both long-term and short-term profits but most are in short-terms.
slava88

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:06:18 AM

I will say holding is better because it can give the real profits from the crypto currencies and trading are good if we are looking to earn monthly.For example if you are holding your bitcoin since 2015 you actually made lots of profits without any effort but trading needs more skills and time to make that same amount of profits.
Agree with you, but holding is harder psycholoically)
Bellator

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:00:07 AM

Yeah both are the main ways for Bitcoin-ers to earn profits in the market. It's hard to say which is better because both of them are best if you're doing them in the right way .
Holders usual are people who have a real big capital and they focus only on the long-term profits.
Traders are looking for both long-term and short-term profits but most are in short-terms.
Yes I agree on that we must do holding and at the same time trading because if we don't do both trading and holding maybe there would be a great hole in our gaining process and we cannot really gain a huge amount perfectly the main reason of holding is for profiting strategy because the bitcoin price is really needing a big patience for us to gain because it is really unstable and it needs a perfect time to do such trading action depending on the current price between high and low status so then I believe in both trading and holding are good.

sdas90

Activity: 136

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:28:03 AM

I think Hold and Trade both are good and are the ways to make a profit. but I personally prefer trade. hold for a long time investment if you have enough money then you can invest.  but if you are expert about trading you can start trading and make a good profit.

Hirameki

Activity: 176

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 02:49:59 AM

Depending on a situation, when the price is low and the pruce is too far from the acquisition price, i say hold it and wait for it to recover. But when, you acquire it at a low price and then you see an opportunity to gain profit, trade it. Thats just how it goes.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: